Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

I didnt want Sheffield United up anyway :P

the feelings mutual :P

We didnt deserve to go up this season and cant have any complaints. Theres players out there today that arent worth paying, when you look at what they'll be on compared to the opposition it's staggering.

Need to get the managerial appointment right to stand any chance at all next season and a massive clear out (unfortunately that envolves someone being daft enough to buy any of our players XD )

gotta love the play-offs though (unless you're a Blade :( )

Again, again, again.

How many times does the football league, and particularly the play offs throw up drama you just couldn't write.

3-3 and into extra time when Brentford looked to have got to Wembley, gut wrenching once again from Brentford and from here with Harry Forrester no longer on the pitch I think Swindon are going to do to it. Didn't look likely just after half time but I have said it'd be a Swindon-Yeovil final before the playoffs started.

Don't see why so many less people will watch the football league compared to the Premier League, when entertainment wise it's a no contest - football league all day long.

Incredible.

The football league is THE place for entertainment.

Sorry btw Campbell' date=' I was rooting for you today :([/quote']

well you know that hoodoo the play-oofs has over certain teams XD

going in to these play-offs there were only 2teams with a worse record in them than us

yourselves and Brentford

the curse strikes again!

btw what is your record? we must be very close to equallin it now?

well you know that hoodoo the play-oofs has over certain teams XD

going in to these play-offs there were only 2teams with a worse record in them than us

yourselves and Brentford

the curse strikes again!

btw what is your record? we must be very close to equallin it now?

Don't remind me :(:P

Erm, off the top of my head -

2001 - Lost to Bolton in the final

2005 - Lost to West Ham in the final

2006 - Lost to Leeds in the semi-final

2007 - Finished 7th and just missed out on 6th (although that doesn't answer your question :P)

2009 - Lost in the semi-final to, erm... you :(

Then our two biggest rivals got promoted on the first time of asking haha.

Don't remind me :(:P

Erm' date=' off the top of my head -

2001 - Lost to Bolton in the final

2005 - Lost to West Ham in the final

2006 - Lost to Leeds in the semi-final

2007 - Finished 7th and just missed out on 6th (although that doesn't answer your question :P)

2009 - Lost in the semi-final to, erm... you :(

Then our two biggest rivals got promoted on the first time of asking haha.[/quote']

Thats our 7th loss (in the semis and 4 finals) so there must be at least 3 youve blanked out of your memory haha

answered my own question: 8 http://www.answers-to-questions.info/England-Football-Play-Offs.aspx?team=Preston-North-End

maybe next year we'll equal you then XD

these penalties bring back bad memories, albeit not at Wembley :(

Im absolutely heartbroken what a game and I really thought we were somehow going to do it. We showed heart , guts and a brillant spirit to come back and Im proud of the players today.

As for next season I do fear for Swindon as there is talk of a lot of players leaving as we have to make budget cuts but as long as we keep Sir Wes then I will remain optimistic.

We also agreed a deal to sign Nathan Byrne on a free next season , Very good player and can play a few postions and I hope we actually tie him down :D

Edit - Just heard from a source that Brentford could be stripped of their win today! Just wow

Guest drseanfitz

Edit - Just heard from a source that Brentford could be stripped of their win today! Just wow

?? why what happened???

• 2 weeks later...

PNE's new kit supplier is Nike :D

I'm hoping they can produce some nice kits for us. Some of theirs that I've seen in the past have been really nice' date=' and even some of the other upcoming kits look good too.[/quote']

A big name kit manufacturer is ok but you'll have to it up wearing recycled kits that other, bigger, clubs wore the year before :/

In other news Sheffield United still have appointed a new manager despite the season ending for us over a fortnight ago and Wilson being sacked about 6weeks ago, so frustrating as all the decent free agents will have been snapped up before a new manager has come in and assessed our squads strengths/weakness....although I could help him, keep the goalkeeper, the center back and one of the wingers, apart from that bring in a new team please haha

Right news on Swindon and it is bleak :(

We have let go Simon Ferry and Joe devera 2 very good players and Ferry provided something special

Sir Wes is attracting serious interest from the championship clubs and even had some feelers out from Reading lol ( to replace Mc carthy I would imagine!)

Alan Mc cormack is likely to turn down a new deal at Swindon as we are only offering a 1 year rather than the 2 year he wants and there are 4 championship sides after him including millwall and Barnsley but brentford the favourites to have him.

Plymouth want Lee cox and Luke Rooney. Alan Navarro is likely to go to chesterfield!

Flint has put in a transfer request in after we signed his extension up

We had a very small squad as it was! I sadly think in a season we should have pushed on to the championship we should be favourites to go down at this rate and I wont be suprised if we finish last , What a joke this club is! :mad:

Well we still don't have a manager but apparently we should hear on Monday at the latest now.

However it doesn't sound like good news

We've gone from Robinson to McCall to Jackett to Southgate and now local media are reporting that its a two horse race between an unknown person and Robert Page (Port Vales assistant manager who's never managed) who apparently impressed at interview. Oh, dear. Our club only seem to do appointments with Sheffield connections so Page ticks that box as he used to be our captain :/

One plus with Page is that whilst at Coventry he played with Michael Doyle (whom all fans want kicking out of our club) they got into a fight and Page knocked out some of Doyles teeth :D

For a player I haven't really heard of before, I'm excited to welcome Chris Humphrey (Motherwell) to the club! I've watched a few youtube clips of him (that doesn't really give you a fair judgement of a player, but you can get a rough idea of what they're like) and he does look really good. He scored a similar goal to Nugent in the respect that he took it from his own half and did all the hard work himself before slotting home (as Nuge did against Palace in the FA Cup all those years ago). Apparently we beat off interest from Reading, Leeds and Rangers, so that was good. It's always a good sign when you manage to shake off competition of a higher standard (That maybe doesn't apply to Rangers anymore :P).

He's rapid, so that's good. Him and Jeffrey together out wide... ahh :D

QKpKwB7u-V4

ln4CsadpzVA

Us league one sides don't exactly have Hummels and Kompany at the back :P;)

LOL true' date=' what happened to that young CB that was once the talking point of Dundee United if im not mistaken, a strong bald guy[/color']

LOL true' date=' what happened to that young CB that was once the talking point of Dundee United if im not mistaken, a strong bald guy[/color']

Haha he was never good just overrated Kenneth is the guy

For a player I haven't really heard of before' date=' I'm excited to welcome Chris Humphrey (Motherwell) to the club! I've watched a few youtube clips of him (that doesn't really give you a fair judgement of a player, but you can get a rough idea of what they're like) and he does look really good. He scored a similar goal to Nugent in the respect that he took it from his own half and did all the hard work himself before slotting home (as Nuge did against Palace in the FA Cup all those years ago). Apparently we beat off interest from Reading, Leeds and Rangers, so that was good. It's always a good sign when you manage to shake off competition of a higher standard (That maybe doesn't apply to Rangers anymore :P).

He's rapid, so that's good. Him and Jeffrey together out wide... ahh :D

[center']

QKpKwB7u-V4

ln4CsadpzVA

[/center]

Ben, he either good, average or bad very inconsistent but he can be a good winger on form.