Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

I thoroughly enjoyed today's game. For a 0-0 draw, it was actually a good game to watch. It was very much an end to end game and both teams deserved a point, which I'm pleased about considering Wolves are red hot favourites to go straight back up. Hopefully that's a promising sign. The defence looked very solid, meaning we were able to keep Griffiths and Sako quiet, who, IMO, are Wolves' two most dangerous players going forward. Although their number 15 (I don't know his name) was also very tricky, but we also managed to keep him relatively quiet throughout the afternoon.

Despite not having many chances in front of goal, Kevin Davies impressed me today. He controlled and held the ball up well, and obviously with him being a big player he held his own. He was penalised for next to nothing at times, but that's to be expected with bigger, stronger players, as I've previously with Jon Parkin. Robertson looked lively and Rudd looked confident, and in general I think it was a great team performance. I will say that we struggled to play balls out to the wingers though. The pitch was in very good condition, so there were no bobbles or anything, yet our centre midfielders hardly ever seemed to be able to play a good ball out wide. They just didn't seem to get enough power behind their passes, which often led to Wolves intercepting the ball and countering.

Speaking of Wolves, their support today was absolutely brilliant. They filled the Bill Shankly stand and sold all of the away tickets they were given, which can be seen in the picture that I took below. If I'm being honest, they outsung us all afternoon, but I'd expect any away fans to do that to the home side on the opening day of the season. They they did use the famous old chant "Preston's a **** hole, I wanna go home", which you know is just a bit of banter, but I thought it was pretty ironic considering Wolverhampton is probably one of the roughest places in the country :P

Whilst the Wolves fans were brilliant, so were ours. I was sat pretty close to the away crowd, so if we did make more atmosphere than I thought we did then it's just me not being able to hear us properly (the stand that usually makes the most amount of noise was at the other end of the ground). Saying that, I thought the home atmosphere was good and we really got behind the team. It was nice to see so many loyal PNE fans back at Deepdale. I realise that a lot of 'none' North End fans will have gone to the Liverpool game just to see Liverpool, which is why we sold more tickets than we usually do for that game (well, we sold out), but today was different. I feel that there's a real buzz around the place that hasn't been around since the days of us being a top six championship club. In fact, I think the attendance today was the highest in league one, with just over 16,500 fans turning up for the game. It just reiterates my point that both sets of fans, home and away, were great :)

Anyway, you've probably already had enough of me going on, so here's that picture of the Wolves fans :P

Wolvesfans_zps92a9d329.png

I thoroughly enjoyed today's game. For a 0-0 draw' date=' it was actually a good game to watch. It was very much an end to end game and both teams deserved a point, which I'm pleased about considering Wolves are red hot favourites to go straight back up. Hopefully that's a promising sign. The defence looked very solid, meaning we were able to keep Griffiths and Sako quiet, who, IMO, are Wolves' two most dangerous players going forward. Although their number 15 (I don't know his name) was also very tricky, but we also managed to keep him relatively quiet throughout the afternoon.

Despite not having many chances in front of goal, Kevin Davies impressed me today. He controlled and held the ball up well, and obviously with him being a big player he held his own. He was penalised for next to nothing at times, but that's to be expected with bigger, stronger players, as I've previously with Jon Parkin. Robertson looked lively and Rudd looked confident, and in general I think it was a great team performance. I will say that we struggled to play balls out to the wingers though. The pitch was in very good condition, so there were no bobbles or anything, yet our centre midfielders hardly ever seemed to be able to play a good ball out wide. They just didn't seem to get enough power behind their passes, which often led to Wolves intercepting the ball and countering.

Speaking of Wolves, their support today was absolutely brilliant. They filled the Bill Shankly stand and sold all of the away tickets they were given, which can be seen in the picture that I took below. If I'm being honest, they outsung us all afternoon, but I'd expect any away fans to do that to the home side on the opening day of the season. They they did use the famous old chant "Preston's a **** hole, I wanna go home", which you know is just a bit of banter, but I thought it was pretty ironic considering Wolverhampton is probably one of the roughest places in the country :P

Whilst the Wolves fans were brilliant, so were ours. I was sat pretty close to the away crowd, so if we did make more atmosphere than I thought we did then it's just me not being able to hear us properly (the stand that usually makes the most amount of noise was at the other end of the ground). Saying that, I thought the home atmosphere was good and we really got behind the team. It was nice to see so many loyal PNE fans back at Deepdale. I realise that a lot of 'none' North End fans will have gone to the Liverpool game just to see Liverpool, which is why we sold more tickets than we usually do for that game (well, we sold out), but today was different. I feel that there's a real buzz around the place that hasn't been around since the days of us being a top six championship club. In fact, I think the attendance today was the highest in league one, with just over 16,500 fans turning up for the game. It just reiterates my point that both sets of fans, home and away, were great :)

Anyway, you've probably already had enough of me going on, so here's that picture of the Wolves fans :P

[center']Wolvesfans_zps92a9d329.png[/center]

The game got featured on the Football League Show. Out of all 16,500 fans, Tye cameraman decided to focus on a guy wearing a Liverpool top, twice! Now Zi make no secret of the fact I support both Preston and Liverpool, but I would never wear a Liverpool jersey at Deepdale, likewise I'd never wear a Preston top at Anfield.

I love football. Incredible, absolutely incredible. It wasn't about going through, it was about beating the local rivals that we've not played in 3 years.

I got a good video of the action that took place afterwards so I'll post it later when I'm on my laptop. I believe a steward got trampled on which isn't nice to hear, but I didn't see it. I hope he's alright!

I love football. Incredible' date=' absolutely incredible. It wasn't about going through, it was about beating the local rivals that we've not played in 3 years.

I got a good video of the action that took place afterwards so I'll post it later when I'm on my laptop. I believe a steward got trampled on which isn't nice to hear, but I didn't see it. I hope he's alright![/quote']

Well done :)

2 clean sheets at home. Not bad at all

I know it was Capital One Cup but more traffic comes to this thread so I thought it best to post here.

What a game last night! It was end-to-end, relatively clean for a derby game, and the atmosphere was amazing! A few points:

1. All Paul Ince can do is moan! I was fortunate enough to be sat three or four rows behind the dugout and all he did was flail his arms at every decision he felt didnt go his way, and point in the direction Blackpool were kicking, as if he was telling his players to 'kick it that way' Also his rant about the pitch invasion was missing quite a fundamental part, Blackpool fans ripped up and threw seats on the pitch!

2. Keith Keane is a great utility player! A right-back by trade, he excelled in central midfield. Whether I'd play him there full-time with Clarke at full-back is another matter. While Clarke did get the goal, he did't have the bets of defensive displays.

3. Kevin Davies is such a nice guy! For a relatively big name who's been capped at international level and appeared in Europe, you'd think he'd be really up himself and walk around the place as if he owns it, but he's a true gentleman, signing an autograph while warming up down the touchline.

4. Twitter is such a nasty place! There's been a lot of bad press about Twitter recently, and the bad press is correct. I saw tweets to Iain Hume last night calling him 'Frankenstein' and wishing that Chris Morgan had killed him in that horror tackle which fractured his skull.

All in all, a great night.

Paul Ince doesn't know what he's talking about, he doesn't have a clue.

He's criticising Preston fans for the actions of individuals from other teams, the vast majority of pitch invasions don't result in violence. Pitch invasions can't be completely stopped in moments of high intensity although he seems to think that they can just wipe them out of the game, and the police were there to stop any sort of violence with the only injury in the ground appearing to be the bruised shoulder of the steward.

It's a derby, and I'd much rather see those scenes at the end of the game then watch the Burnley-Bolton scenes with an awful home and away attendance and atmosphere. Paul Ince seems like he didn't have a clue about the intensity of the derby or about football supporters. Because Preston supporters are thugs and Blackpool fans immaculate?

It seems like he's just trying to deflect criticism of his team by making a massive deal out of a pitch invasion, he's not a very good manager and he's not going to last very long as Blackpool manager.

Paul Ince doesn't know what he's talking about' date=' he doesn't have a clue.

He's criticising Preston fans for the actions of individuals from other teams, the vast majority of pitch invasions don't result in violence. Pitch invasions can't be completely stopped in moments of high intensity although he seems to think that they can just wipe them out of the game, and the police were there to stop any sort of violence with the only injury in the ground appearing to be the bruised shoulder of the steward.

It's a derby, and I'd much rather see those scenes at the end of the game then watch the Burnley-Bolton scenes with an awful home and away attendance and atmosphere. Paul Ince seems like he didn't have a clue about the intensity of the derby or about football supporters. Because Preston supporters are thugs and Blackpool fans immaculate?

It seems like he's just trying to deflect criticism of his team by making a massive deal out of a pitch invasion, he's not a very good manager and he's not going to last very long as [b']Blackpool manager[/b].

That's a very optimistic statement, from what I could see Ince didnt do much 'managing' of his players. His assistant Steve Thompson was doing all the shouting and whistling and Ince was just stood their in his trainers drinking from bottles of water and spitting it out, like he was actually playing.

Finally managed to get the video uploaded in a decent quality (you will probably have to change the video quality to 720p to get the most out of the video, otherwise it is blurry). It was recorded in a higher quality, but the video is still of good quality despite it not being 1080p. The horses come trotting in around 20 seconds in :P

ot4OMNUaPD8

Edit: You can watch in 1080p now for some reason.

Finally managed to get the video uploaded in a decent quality (you will probably have to change the video quality to 720p to get the most out of the video' date=' otherwise it is blurry). It was recorded in a higher quality, but the video is still of good quality despite it not being 1080p. The horses come trotting in around 20 seconds in :P

[center']

ot4OMNUaPD8

Edit: You can watch in 1080p now for some reason.[/center]

KAp9sFVdERQ

It's disgraceful that Paddy Power are offering special offers to Blackpool fans because of the 'rough' time they went through last night, yet they were just as bad. What a joke.

I'm fuming. From what I've heard from Paul Ince too he can sod off as well. I've never held a grudge against Blackpool because my step dad supported them, but this is bloody ridiculous. He passed away not long ago, but he'd be ashamed if he was here.

Tom Ince has been charged for a supposed gesture/comment he made towards an official during our game, which even as a Preston fan I think is wrong. I'd be annoyed if me and my dad were constantly being called the c word every five minutes by our fans too.

Plymouth lost 3-2 to Birmingham City in the Cup

As an optimist I'd say if the game was at home we could of potentially won that game considering it went to ET.

Can't help but be pleased when a 4th division side takes it right up to a top/mid championship team in the early season.

I enjoyed my first football league game last weekend. Was a good first game to go to as well as it finished 3-3. Was probably a fair result. Jason Koumas looks like he will be a big player for Tranmere once he gets match fit as his touch and awareness was on another level to majority of players on the pitch. Think him and James Wallace (when he is fit as well) will make a fantastic partnership in the middle of midfield this season. Number 7 for Crawley also looked like a decent little player.