Sign in to follow this  
Guest Atkin

Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Re: Coca Cola League 1 Official Thread.

Well you certainly won't have to worry about us catching you' date=' we are utter rubbish![/quote']

If you were at the Charlton game could you answer this: was Kazenga Lua Lua any good for Brighton? I am hoping he does come good because he has been great for the reserves but never played much in the first team at Newcastle.

If not never mind. It doesn't sound like you would have missed much.

Thanks Norwich.

Corrected :)

Not a great night, game postponed and results against us.

Brighton now go into Saturday's game with extra confidence although at least their home form is almost asbad as our away :o Hartlepool move further clear and boost their GD, and down to 22nd. :/

If you were at the Charlton game could you answer this: was Kazenga Lua Lua any good for Brighton? I am hoping he does come good because he has been great for the reserves but never played much in the first team at Newcastle.

If not never mind. It doesn't sound like you would have missed much.

Yeah he was really good. He played left wing and had at least 2 or 3 good runs and was unlucky not to score once when he dribbled about 30 yards, cut inside and hit a right foot shot inches wide from about 20 yards. One of the best wingers i've seen in league one this season. As for whether he'll make it with you i don't know, this is league one we're talking about and it's highly likely you'll be 2 divisions higher next season.

cdssf.png

Oh dear... :o

EDIT:

And 1-0 down.. greatttt. LuaLua is completely papping us. Defensive again, just go out and attack. We're going down, lets make the most of this and try and attack from the start :/

2-0. Game over. Season over. League 1 over. Simples.

!Great news! 62nd minute and we've had a shot! Off target obviously...

This has gone a little quiet recently. :o

George Friend returning to Exeter from Wolves until the end of the season, great to see him back and a player who loves the club and will put in maximum effort. Straight into the squad for Saturday and hopefully 3 points, unlikely though :rolleyes:

Harley penalty makes it 1-0 against Oldham, first goal for ages. Hopefully we don't sit back now but go and get a 2nd.

Typical.. 1-1 :rolleyes:

FFS! :mad::mad: Harley misses a 2nd penalty :(

Stewart should of taken it :/

Missed penalty, mistake by Jones for their goal.. the story of our season. Need a decent winger to create chances, must have the only squad in the football league not to have a winger in the squad...

A quality day for us. An expected victory over Stockport who have to be the worst side i've seen in years, in fact i'm struggling to think of any worse at all. 2 up in 10 minutes then we cruised it.

Leeds drew, Swindon got battered, Huddersfield lost again, Southampton lost as well and Millwall only drew.

Hopefully an improving Tranmere can get something against Leeds in the week and do us a favour.

Massive day next saturday though:

Millwall v Charlton

Southampton v Leeds

Huddersfield v Norwich

Looking forward to the Colchester game tomorrow, don't forget its on SS1. ;)

Our away form is superb and we are playing great football, I'm very confident even though Colchester are a good side, we can beat them.

Looking forward to the Colchester game tomorrow' date=' don't forget its on SS1. ;)

Our away form is superb and we are playing great football, I'm very confident even though Colchester are a good side, we can beat them.[/quote']

A actual Brighton fan! You people are hard to find. You will have seen Kazenga LuaLua more than me so how is he getting on down there?

Looking forward to the Colchester game tomorrow' date=' don't forget its on SS1. ;)

Our away form is superb and we are playing great football, I'm very confident even though Colchester are a good side, we can beat them.[/quote']

You looked really good when you beat us at the Valley the other week, the only problem you have tomorrow night is Poyet likes to get it down and play football but Colchester play on a cabbage patch. Hopefully you can get 3 points though, i'm sure i read that you've got the current longest unbeaten away run in our division.

You looked really good when you beat us at the Valley the other week' date=' the only problem you have tomorrow night is Poyet likes to get it down and play football but Colchester play on a cabbage patch. Hopefully you can get 3 points though, i'm sure i read that you've got the current longest unbeaten away run in our division.[/quote']

That is a good point actually, lets hope it doesn't hinder our style of play to much because as you said, passing football can be very difficult in mudpits, its a shame that they can't keep their pitch in good condition.:mad:

I think we haven't lost in 6 away games but its only in the last few games we have really hit top form hence my confidence. we've made the very good signing of Diego Arismendi as well, Poyet is a godsend.B)

cdssf.png

Oh dear... :o

EDIT:

And 1-0 down.. greatttt. LuaLua is completely papping us. Defensive again' date=' just go out and attack. We're going down, lets make the most of this and try and attack from the start :/

2-0. Game over. Season over. League 1 over. Simples.

!Great news! 62nd minute and we've had a shot! Off target obviously...[/quote']

I was at that game Lua Lua absoloutly dominated in the first half and exeter had 0 chance of getting near him when he had the ball , Brighton had a goal unfairly in my opinion from were i was sitting disolowed but they got what they deserved in the end.

Im also Going to Southampton V Leeds tommorow as me and some mates are getting season tickets next year and just want to expiernce a near sell out game at st marys now just to make us 100% shure we want to shed out all of our pocket money / paper round earnings for 8 months on it :)

It should be a good game , wenever i have watched beckford in the flesh he has been poor and has had very poor movement only on the tv have i even seen him play well. At Wemberly he was shocking against Doncaster and at Brighton on 2 occasions i think it is now he has not lived up to the hype surrounding him and the praise my leeds supporting brother and Fater give him.

Hopefully Lambert and Barnard play well tomorow and we can get get a nice win over one of the top team if not the top team in the league tommorow. If Lalana plays well and Davies is good in goal it will be a great game

The league is Norwich's now, unless.. well, they do what we did and completely implode. Then there's us, Charlton, Colchester, Swindon, Millwall and Huddersfield all fighting for 2nd, with only Millwall in any real form.

People were saying 90 points might not even be enough for promotion this season, it looks like it could be another season where even 80 is enough the way everyone is slipping up.

Norwich come from a goal down yet again. Gotta admire their fighting spirit, they never give in even when being battered. Wish we could do the same. :(

For the love of god. If we lose this I can't see us going up at all tbh.

I'd hate to see your posts if Leeds were in our position :o

Exeter heading for another disappointing result, draws aren't enough against teams around us. If only we had a decent winger or a goalscorer :)

I'd hate to see your posts if Leeds were in our position :o

Exeter heading for another disappointing result' date=' draws aren't enough against teams around us. If only we had a decent winger or a goalscorer :)[/quote']

At least you don't have to watch your team fail time, and time, and time again. 8 points ahead in December. And now 3 wins in 13 and we're hanging on to 2nd. We're never getting out of this bloody division. What's the point?

Was at the Saints V Leeds gme today and i have to say Southampton were absoloutly amazing , my first time ever to St Marys and what an expiernence i had. I know the score was only 1-0 but Leed for 75% of the game never looked like they would retain possesion let alone score.

The first half was all one way with Saints putting the ball into the back of the net twice but only 1 of them counted to the amazement of the ground the ref found some way to dissolow the second . If anyone knows the reason could they inform me as from were i was sitting right behind the goal at that end it should have been a goal or a Pen.

The amount of shots southampton had to was unbelivable , the leeds defence were incapable of clearing the ball out of there own half and the constant pressure placed on the leeds goal was so high that goals were inevitable. The second half started with Southampton asleap and Leeds getting the odd shot here and there Beckford upfront was terrible and Snodgrass did not live up to expectation. For the rest of the game it was end to end and added nothing much to the game.

Outside the Ground the songs started and the fence seperating us and them looked stupidly small for such and occasion. one leeds fan saw his chance and sprinted straight at the gate only to forget to jump it and end up in a heap on his own side of the fence :P

Was at the Saints V Leeds gme today and i have to say Southampton were absoloutly amazing ' date=' my first time ever to St Marys and what an expiernence i had. I know the score was only 1-0 but Leed for 75% of the game never looked like they would retain possesion let alone score.

The first half was all one way with Saints putting the ball into the back of the net twice but only 1 of them counted to the amazement of the ground the ref found some way to dissolow the second . If anyone knows the reason could they inform me as from were i was sitting right behind the goal at that end it should have been a goal or a Pen.

The amount of shots southampton had to was unbelivable , the leeds defence were incapable of clearing the ball out of there own half and the constant pressure placed on the leeds goal was so high that goals were inevitable. The second half started with Southampton asleap and Leeds getting the odd shot here and there Beckford upfront was terrible and Snodgrass did not live up to expectation. For the rest of the game it was end to end and added nothing much to the game.

Outside the Ground the songs started and the fence seperating us and them looked stupidly small for such and occasion. one leeds fan saw his chance and sprinted straight at the gate only to forget to jump it and end up in a heap on his own side of the fence :P[/quote']

This, for those people still accusing me of over-reacting. We were absolutely terrible. Bar Kisnorbo, our defense is a disaster. Puncheon ripped White to pieces. I think the criticism of Beckford and Snodgrass is harsh, neither had any chance to make an impact due to our defenders playing hoofball and our midfielders completely absent.

Yet another pathetic performance and we're not looking like a team capable of going up at all. No confidence, all the players are nervy, they're resorting to hoofing it rather than playing football like we were doing earlier in the season, and Grayson seems clueless as to how to change things.

Unless we get our act sorted we can look forward to another failed play-off campaign. Huge game against Millwall on Monday week, defeat in that would see them move within 3 points of us and possibly the rest of the top 6 too. And the way we're playing, I can't see any other result.

Tbh if we manage to mess this up after leading by 11 points back in November/December then I'll lose all faith in the club.

Seft you have got to be the most negative Leeds fan ever. You're 5 points clear of 3rd and it's still firmly in your own hands. Beat Millwall and you're 9 points clear of them, they won't claw that back.

Charlton are in no form at all and their next 3 away games are at Huddersfield, Southampton and MK Dons.

Stop whingeing and just be thankful you don't support Stockport!

Brilliant win yesterday, and hopefully one that helps us stay in this league. Tactics worked perfectly, just left it a little late for the goal ;) Dunne and Sercombe starting to work really well together now, although Harley could do with being dropped for a few games.

Good idea from Barry Corr to give £400 towards the new pitch as well, just as he's about to return from suspension. Nice way to get the fans back on your side ;) Hopefully now he's back, he can get a few more goals and stay away from the red cards, can be an important player for us