Sign in to follow this  
Guest Atkin

Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Re: Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Sorry Ben but delighted to see MK Dons go up!!

I might be the only person on the planet who quite likes them but admire the way they play football.

Hammer blow for Preston after being in that spot for ages but fair play to Colchester for staying up and pulling a remarkable result out of the proverbial hat.

I hate our Italian owners. I hate Swindon Town. I hate this season.

If Derby blew it yesterday then I don't know what to call this.

Absolutelly gutted and distraught right now. R.I.P my beloved club :(

I thought you were a United fan?

Sorry Ben but delighted to see MK Dons go up!!

I might be the only person on the planet who quite likes them but admire the way they play football.

Hammer blow for Preston after being in that spot for ages but fair play to Colchester for staying up and pulling a remarkable result out of the proverbial hat.

Absolutely love them! Over the moon they've gone up, my 3rd team so to speak and I usually go them on Football Manager after Cambridge. Karl Robinsons a top bloke and a top manager, fully deserved promotion and a good send off for Dele Alli too (although I can see him returning for another loan again next season), couldn't be more delighted! The promotions this season across the football league have been fantastic.

article-2264351-1319C068000005DC-858_634x423.jpg

So, so excited! :D

It's about time we got ride of this play-off curse, and where better to do it than the national stadium?

Genuinely don't mind who we come up against, though both Swindon and Sheffield United bring something dangerous to the table. However, the morale and confidence of the team after today must be huge, so let's hope it's a positive outcome for once!

Best of luck if it's Swindon, Dom. Not too much luck though :P

The new Oldham boss Darren Kelly has received a death threat after he called Martin McGuinness a legend on twitter. McGuinness is a former IRA leader who is now Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland. Some Oldham fans have threatened to boycott Oldhams matches because of Darren Kellys appointment.

11058688_803713166386548_4712190518756192584_n.jpg?oh=2d2ac8fc64f6e8eb8c7a9007f8a29e3a&oe=560925CE&__gda__=1439821476_0293c41c90e543940aef48dac91efc6b

Called it the other week when I saw he'd been released by Rotherham!

Welcome back though, Matt.

Was a big part of our 10/11 campaign - and should provide good competition on the left with Micky D - knows the club well and is a free. Sounds like the only signings we'll be making this season will be free.... so a good free.

MUHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! After all the stick you gave me! Suck on that and hope you guys don't see the light of league 1 for a long time!.

Now Preston VS Swindon , What a final! One of us will leave Wembley happy Ben :)

MUHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! After all the stick you gave me! Suck on that and hope you guys don't see the light of league 1 for a long time!.

Now Preston VS Swindon ' date=' What a final! One of us will leave Wembley happy Ben :)[/quote']

Best of luck, Dom! May the best team win. Hope you enjoy the day.

What. An. Experience.

I can't tell you how nice it is to be back in the Championship and to end the play-off hoodoo along the way. It's easy to say now, but the heartbreak of losing to Colchester on the last day is something that I'm sort of glad happened now, as my greatest experience as a North End fan wouldn't have happened had we won.

Sadly, someone was always going to be the loser on the day, so I'm sad to see you miss out, Dom. The play-offs are horrible if you don't win, we certainly know that already! You have the quality and I'm sure will be fighting for promotion again next season.

In terms of transfers, I imagine we have a big summer ahead. First things first, we need to try and get Beckford, Gallagher and Johnstone signed up permanently, and then we can go about recruiting new faces. Those three mentioned have been crucial to us going up, especially yesterday. There's been a few rumours circulating already, but there's most likely not a lot of substance to the majority of them. Exciting times! The new fixtures are released on the 17th of June.

I think Preston will do quite well in the Championship, they've certainly got plenty of Championship quality in their squad if they can keep hold of the three loan players you've mentioned, plus Garner and Tom Clarke.

Terrific achievement from Simon Grayson as well, to get four promotions from this level by the age of 45 is extraordinary. Unfortunately he's not been given much of a chance at a higher level at any of his clubs, despite never looking like he'd get them relegated and in the case of Leeds not being too far off the play-offs.