Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Coca Cola League 1 Official Thread.

Haber gone back to West Brom after the club chose not to extend the loan. Which is fair enough with Stansfield back, Corr finished his suspension, and apparently not looking to get another striker in.

So today we sign Ryan Taylor from Rotherham, a striker who hasn't scored in 23 appearances this season. :confused:

An early goal for once.. very rare for us to score in the 1st half this season so a perfect start, Matt Taylor after 4 minutes. Huge game this, really need the win but don't think 1 goal will be enough.

Out of the relegation zone as things stand, hopefully Rovers can at least get an equaliser against Southend.

edit:

Penalty to us.. Harley to take :o Please don't miss again :)

YESSSS! 2-0! :D

2-1 :/ Would be typical if we buggered this up..

Full time, a huge result. Great win.

And Rovers just make it 4-3 against Southend! :D

Shame that Gillingham equalised against MK, but only GD separates us now.

Up to 18th, great day..

Next up, home to Colchester on Friday. Will be tough but 5 games unbeaten now and should be a lot more confident after today's results.

Long way to go still, but definitely more confident of staying up now :)

Norwich 1-0 Leeds United.

I live in Dereham, just outside Norwich, and the X1 buses were how the Leeds fans were getting to the game and the X1's are all in Dereham, I was out in the day in town when all the Leeds fans came through, they were a right bunch of nutters, I thought they were bad before the game, but after they came back through Dereham after losing.. and..

They were in the pub and one of my mates ran up to the window and started singing "on the ball city" and one of the fans come out and tried to bottle him, but he missed :eek: my mate is only 16! And loads of the Leeds fans came out and started kicking and punching our peds. lol

Quality day though! :D

I live in Dereham' date=' just outside Norwich, and the X1 buses were how the Leeds fans were getting to the game and the X1's are all in Dereham, I was out in the day in town when all the Leeds fans came through, they were a right bunch of nutters, I thought they were bad before the game, but after they came back through Dereham after losing.. and..

[b']They were in the pub and one of my mates ran up to the window and started singing "on the ball city" [/b]and one of the fans come out and tried to bottle him, but he missed :eek: my mate is only 16! And loads of the Leeds fans came out and started kicking and punching our peds. lol

Quality day though! :D

To be fair, your mate is a bit of an idiot then...

To be fair' date=' your mate is a bit of an idiot then...[/quote']

Yep. You get a higher percentage of nutters go away, if you're mate wants to behave like a billy big balls in front of them then he'll get treated like one regardless of his age. Sounds lucky not to get his head kicked in frankly, I've seen people take a kicking for less.

There doesn't seem to be much Southampton input going on here, so I thought I'd do some filling in on some things I've learnt this season.

1. Marcus Leibherr is God. Fact.

2. The football in league one isn't terrible, some of the passing and all 'round play is at a much higher quality than expected.

3. Never doubt Radhi Jaidi, the man knows what he's doing.

4. Yellow cards and free kicks don't seem to given in League One, unless Andy D'Urso is refereeing.

5. The Johnstone's Paint Trophy is the best trophy in the world, ever.

6. Alan Pardew is a miserable loser, however he has us playing good football, so I can't hate him, even though we are no way near as high in the league as we should be.

7. Papa Waigo is always offside.

8. We may be in the third tier of English football, but Portsmouth are going down with no money in the bank, so natural order has returned.

9. We probably won't make the playoffs, and probably wouldn't have regardless of the ten point deduction, but this isn't a problem, as we're a team which are, finally, back on the up.

Anyway, this isn't much of an insight, it's just useless rambling. Basically, League One is such an interesting league, one week we score 10 goals in two games, and the next week we lose to a Tranmere, but I guess that's just how football goes. It won't be the end of the world if we have to stay here another season, actually, I look forward to it. Basically, everyone should stop complaining.

There doesn't seem to be much Southampton input going on here' date=' so I thought I'd do some filling in on some things I've learnt this season.

2. The football in league one isn't terrible, some of the passing and all 'round play is at a much higher quality than expected.

4. Yellow cards and free kicks don't seem to given in League One, unless Andy D'Urso is refereeing.

6. Alan Pardew is a miserable loser, however he has us playing good football, so I can't hate him, even though we are no way near as high in the league as we should be.

7. Papa Waigo is always offside.

8. We may be in the third tier of English football, but Portsmouth are going down with no money in the bank, so natural order has returned.

9. We probably won't make the playoffs, and probably wouldn't have regardless of the ten point deduction, but this isn't a problem, as we're a team which are, finally, back on the up.

Anyway, this isn't much of an insight, it's just useless rambling. Basically, League One is such an interesting league, one week we score 10 goals in two games, and the next week we lose to a Tranmere, but I guess that's just how football goes. It won't be the end of the world if we have to stay here another season, actually, I look forward to it. Basically, everyone should stop complaining.[/quote']

If you don't go up this season, you should easily win the league next year.. squad you have now is easily good enough for that

If you don't go up this season' date=' you should easily win the league next year.. squad you have now is easily good enough for that[/quote']

Next year Gillingham will win league 1 ;) , league 1 will have to deal with a Gillingham team that CAN win away from home (hopefully :rolleyes: ), as we will obviously not be relegated this season. B)

Next year Gillingham will win league 1 ;) ' date=' league 1 will have to deal with a Gillingham team that CAN win away from home (hopefully :rolleyes: ), as we will obviously not be relegated this season. B)[/quote']

lool :)

You might be relegated, your next 2 games are ones you need to win I think, although one is away so you can forget that ;) And your away last day of the season which could work against you :P

Stockport and Wycombe are gone imo, and I think Southend will as well although a few wins for them and they'll be fine, I just don't see them getting them. Anybody up to Yeovil is still in trouble at the moment, although they're 6 points clear they're not doing well right now, and still have Leeds, Millwall, Southampton to come, as well as others like Brighton and Brentford away which will be difficult for them.

lool :)

You might be relegated' date=' your next 2 games are ones you need to win I think, although one is away so you can forget that ;) And your away last day of the season which could work against you :P

Stockport and Wycombe are gone imo, and I think Southend will as well although a few wins for them and they'll be fine, I just don't see them getting them. Anybody up to Yeovil is still in trouble at the moment, although they're 6 points clear they're not doing well right now, and still have Leeds, Millwall, Southampton to come, as well as others like Brighton and Brentford away which will be difficult for them.[/quote']

Thats what you think ;) both Oldham and Southend will fail to get more then 1 point against the wonderful Gillingham B)

Stockport, Wycombe and Southend will all go down and im pretty sure they will be joined by Exeter City. :P

If you don't go up this season' date=' you should easily win the league next year.. squad you have now is easily good enough for that[/quote']

But Georgey, with the amount we've spent on players we should be up this season, like seriously, we've spent obscene amounts of money for a league one side. According to the local newspaper (so it's probably a myth) this summer we're going to start building our side for the premier league regardless of whether or not we get promoted. Bless Alan Pardew and his new-found optimism.

Relegation seems to be really tight this year, there's something ridiculous like 10 points between relegation and mid table, is there not? To be honest, I don't think Tranmere are going down, but that's probably just because they beat us.

I live in Dereham' date=' just outside Norwich, and the X1 buses were how the Leeds fans were getting to the game and the X1's are all in Dereham, I was out in the day in town when all the Leeds fans came through, they were a right bunch of nutters, I thought they were bad before the game, but after they came back through Dereham after losing.. and..

They were in the pub and one of my mates ran up to the window and started singing "on the ball city" and one of the fans come out and tried to bottle him, but he missed :eek: my mate is only 16! And loads of the Leeds fans came out and started kicking and punching our peds. lol

Quality day though! :D[/quote']

Oh I'm sorry to hear that.

Leeds are too tired.

There doesn't seem to be much Southampton input going on here' date=' so I thought I'd do some filling in on some things I've learnt this season.

7. [b']Papa Waigo is always offside.[/b]

Anyway, this isn't much of an insight, it's just useless rambling. Basically, League One is such an interesting league, one week we score 10 goals in two games, and the next week we lose to a Tranmere, but I guess that's just how football goes. It won't be the end of the world if we have to stay here another season, actually, I look forward to it. Basically, everyone should stop complaining.

100 % agree with this one :P:D

I have never been so angry watching a football match in my life. What an absolute joke! There's so much I wanna say' date=' but I, too, would get myself banned!

RIDICULOUS!! :mad:[/quote']

I would describe what happened in the first half of Tranmere vs Norwich' date=' but I would get myself banned. Unbelievable how biased and stupid the ref and his assistants are. It's just ridiculous:mad:[/quote']

To be fair, Holt's goal was dodgy as well..

Leeds failing again lol, losing 1-0 to Swindon atm who will move into 2nd if scores stay the same.

And back to Exeter, great result for us again yesterday. It's amazing how we've gone from the run of games with no confidence, fans getting frustrated, poor performances. And now we're playing well, confidence is back and the crowd is right behind the team. Would take a point at Brentford, think we'll need around 50-52 points and that should be enough. Still time for things to change, but that derby game with Plymouth next year is getting closer.

Game's not over yet but it doesn't matter now anyway, it effectively is.

Four defeats on the trot. No goals scored in any of them. Finally out of the top two and now 4th in the league. Am I allowed to moan now or am I still being pessimistic? :rolleyes:

Leeds will finish 4th again' date=' get to the play-off final and fail for a fifth time (please god prove me wrong, but it's becoming predictable now).[/quote']

First page of this thread, back in July fcs.

Only mistake was predicting 4th and play-off defeat. Only six points ahead of 7th now and in actual relegation form. I can't even see us clinging on to a play-off place.

I can already predict next year as well if you want.. we'll be one of the favourites for promotion, probably alongside Southampton and ahead of the relegated teams, we'll do well for a bit and people will start saying it's our year, we'll be top four or five all season and then we'll have a slump, finish fourth and lose in the play-offs for a sixth time (please god prove me wrong, but it's becoming predictable now).

Meanwhile my local side are now finally above us and will probably get promoted, leaving me to suffer the wrath of a million locals who suddenly become Swindon fans once they get promoted. Oh joy.