Sign in to follow this  
Guest Atkin

Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Re: Coca Cola League 1 Official Thread.

I love the fact that everyone's written Southampton off already.

Anyway' date=' this season is going to be AMAZING. All these exciting and exotic places I get to visit. :rolleyes:

As Mr. Pardew put it, everything at the club's fine, except from the team, which is a BIG problem, as they're all rubbish. I'm just hoping he has a few tricks up his sleeve. That said, we still have Raziak and Euell, and everyone knows what great players they are. ;)

Mid-table for us, I think?[/quote']

Because Southampton will be starting next season miles behind everyone else. 10 points lost already, and there should be more to come based on previous cases. At the moment, it's impossible to come out of administration without getting a further point deduction. Leeds lost a further 15, Luton 10, Rotherham and Bournemouth 7.

Although judging at how poorly run and inconsistent the football league is, you may not get anything at all. :rolleyes:

Guest Toggs

Exeter have completed the signing of teenage striker James Norwood in a deal funded by the club's supporters.

Says it all :)

I believe that if Leyton Orient have a good stat to the season like 2007-2008 season when we were top, then i honestly think that a top 6 finish is achievable. We have many good players coming in and the signings of Jimmy Smith and James Scowcroft will have higher division experience. I believe that this is the best starting 11 for Leyton Orient:

GK: Jones

DF: Mkandawire

DF: Chorley

DF: Purches ©

DF: Daniels

MD: Demetriou

MD: Thornton

MD: Smith

MD: Melligan

FW:Scowcroft

FW: McGleish

Our first match up is Bristol Rovers away who may be tricky at the Memorial Stadium but our recent win over Newcastle United will give us the confidence to go far this upcoming season

I believe that if Leyton Orient have a good stat to the season like 2007-2008 season when we were top' date=' then i honestly think that a top 6 finish is achievable. We have many good players coming in and the signings of Jimmy Smith and James Scowcroft will have higher division experience. [/quote']

Two top, top signings. Jimmy Smith has a great potential - maybe not to be a world beater like he was first cut out, but certainly good enough to play in the EPL one day. Played in the CCC and looked decent, albeit slightly out of his depth. I'm sure he'll revel at this level. And Scowcroft has tonnes of experience, is a natural goalscorer will no doubt be one of the topscorers this season. Especially with the rest of lasy year's all looking to be heading out (Fryatt, Mackail-Smith, McLean, Hooper and Hayes have been promoted, Cox has gone and Beckford and Lambert are unsettled).

JOHNSTONE'S PAINT DRAW DETAILS

Gillingham will begin their 2009/10 Johnstone's Paint Trophy campaign at the first round stage after missing out on a bye.

The Gills have been placed in the South East section of the draw and will face either Barnet, Brentford, Colchester United, Dagenham & Redbridge, Millwall, the MK Dons or Norwich City in their opening tie.

Gillingham's participation in the tournament was short lived last season with Colchester United knocking them out in a 0-1 defeat at krbs Priestfield.

The 16 clubs awarded a bye for the First Round of this season's tournament have been confirmed as follows:-

Northern Section - Grimsby Town, Hartlepool United, Leeds United, Macclesfield Town, Notts County, Port Vale, Shrewsbury Town and Tranmere Rovers.

Southern Section - Aldershot Town, Brighton & Hove Albion, Charlton Athletic, Exeter City, Leyton Orient, Southampton, Southend United and Swindon Town.

The Round One Draw will take place on Sky's Soccer AM programme on Saturday 15th August 2009 and will be split into four sections as below: -

Northern Section - West

Accrington Stanley, Bury, Carlisle United, Crewe Alexandra, Morecambe, Oldham Athletic, Stockport County, Walsall

Northern Section - East

Bradford City, Burton Albion, Chesterfield, Darlington, Huddersfield Town, Lincoln City, Rochdale, Rotherham United

Southern Section - West

AFC Bournemouth, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham Town, Hereford United, Northampton Town, Torquay United, Wycombe Wanderers, Yeovil Town

Southern Section - East

Barnet, Brentford, Colchester United, Dagenham & Redbridge, Gillingham, Millwall, Milton Keynes Dons, Norwich City.

Ties to be played week commencing 31st August 2009.

EDIT: On another note, Gillingham beat a rather weak Crystal palace team 1-0 yesterday although Maher went off after 13minutes injured adding to an ever growing list of injuries we have gathered in pre season, plus Simon Royce was not in goal for us as his son has been diagnosed with swine flu, so hes off and wont be training for atleast 5 days. :/

Plus Gillingham have signed Rashid Yussuff on a one year deal, after he impressed in pre season. :)

Because Southampton will be starting next season miles behind everyone else. 10 points lost already' date=' and there should be more to come based on previous cases. At the moment, it's impossible to come out of administration without getting a further point deduction. Leeds lost a further 15, Luton 10, Rotherham and Bournemouth 7.

Although judging at how poorly run and inconsistent the football league is, you may not get anything at all. :rolleyes:[/quote']

The football league have already said that there will be no further points deductions.

We are also now about the 7th richest (by owner) club in the UK. If we can get some decent signings in we will be fine, i think we can come back up this season. -10 points aside look at how well Leeds done a while back and with leicster's massive points haul last season i believe we can atleast make the playoffs.

Amy is right though, we need some signings, a striker, CB and perhaps a couple of midfielders.

COYR

Guest Toggs

Dean Bowditch & Sam Williams (Both defo league One standard strikers) have joined. Bowditch too be our top goalscorer this season, quality player.

Also, am I the only person that is going too be buying the new Championship, league 1 and League 2 devoted newspaper? :P They start them on Aug9 and I 'think' they will just be avaliable at normal shops. If not, i'll be getting mine off of the net each week. :) Guarntee of a minimum of 48 colour pages. :)

Looks good though:

0,,10673~3011699,00.jpg

The football league have already said that there will be no further points deductions.

That's outrageous.

Toggs - didn't even know about it, but it does look interesting. Might get it.

I'm curious why Leeds get a bye every year in the JPT. You should see the Swindon fans - now they've got a bye they think they're going to win the whole thing. :P

5 days left until the start of the season :D

Think Exeter just need one more signing - a striker capable of scoring 15+ goals. Charlton rejected the Fleetwood offer eventually, if they sell they want to get a similar price that they bought him for last season which is ridiculous tbh. They sign him from the BSP, don't play him at all, and loan him out to 2 struggling league 1 sides and then a league 2 team at the end of the season. Not like his value will of gone up after that :rolleyes: At none of them did he really prove he is a great goalscorer either.

If nobody else arrives, maybe stick Norwood in against Leeds and see how he does, supposedly has a lot of potential and if anyone can get the best out of a player, it's Tis. And speaking of Leeds, will be happy with any result as long as it's not a thrashing. Lose by 1 or 2 is fine, a draw is great and a win will be brilliant. :)

5 days left until the start of the season :D

Think Exeter just need one more signing - a striker capable of scoring 15+ goals. Charlton rejected the Fleetwood offer eventually' date=' if they sell they want to get a similar price that they bought him for last season which is ridiculous tbh. They sign him from the BSP, don't play him at all, and loan him out to 2 struggling league 1 sides and then a league 2 team at the end of the season. Not like his value will of gone up after that :rolleyes: At none of them did he really prove he is a great goalscorer either.

If nobody else arrives, maybe stick Norwood in against Leeds and see how he does, supposedly has a lot of potential and if anyone can get the best out of a player, it's Tis. And speaking of Leeds, will be happy with any result as long as it's not a thrashing. Lose by 1 or 2 is fine, a draw is great and a win will be brilliant. :)[/quote']

If you think Exeter are in need of a 15+ goal a season striker, take a look at Swindon - 5 days 'til the start of the season and they have just one striker - and he's a link-up striker!

Swindon could well be the first team that has four times the amount of keepers on their professional books than strikers!

Guest Toggs

Beat us, we had ZERO strikers at one stage this pre-season, but now we have three actually with us, and a couple trailing (still). :P

So, tomorrow is the start :)

Was glad to see Delph has moved on in the week but was hoping Beckford might of as well. Likely he'll play now though I guess.

Both Stansfield and Logan are out for us after getting injured at Weymouth in pre-season so will be interesting to see who starts up front. Reckon Tisdale will go with just the 1 up front but I would go with Corr and Norwood tbh. Will soon see :)

New away kit will be used tomorrow for the first time - last time we played in a black kit was the year we drew at Old Trafford so hope we get a similar result, or better :D

0,,10436~6844127,00.jpg0,,10436~6844132,00.jpg

Guest Toggs

91_1197591431.gif81_1199616655.gif

Yeovil Town Vs Tranmere Rovers

Coca Cola League 1

Huish Park

07/08/09

Yeovil kick-off against Tranmere tommorow at Huish, and im extremely excited. Should be a very tight game and one im looking forward too, seeing our new signings and how they bond tommorow, after so much promise in pre-season.

Yeovil could give all of seven debuts tommorow. New signings Scott Murray, Danny Hutchins, Stefan Stam, Ryan Mason, Alex McCarthy, Dean Bowditch and Sam Williams are all expected too have places in the squad.

Toggs'es XI

McCarthy

Alcock

Forbes

Stam

Hutchins

Schofield

Murray

Mason

Tomlin

Downes

Bowditch

And good news for all football league fans!

YTFC Website: 'There will also be an all-new highlights programme called 'The Football League Show' which will follow Match of the Day on Saturday nights and showcase all the goals from the Coca-Cola Championship, League 1 and League 2 (Saturday 11.45pm - BBC1).'

Guest Toggs

It's made me wonder, why am I paying £4 a month for 'Glovers World' :P

Leeds United

* 12 Higgs

* 02 Crowe

* 03 Kisnorbo

* 05 Marques

* 19 Parker

* 04 Doyle

* 14 Howson

* 16 Johnson

* 09 Beckford

* 10 Becchio

* 23 Snodgrass

Substitutes

* 01 Ankergren,

* 17 Michalik,

* 07 Prutton,

* 18 Robinson,

* 22 Hughes,

* 13 Grella,

* 21 Showunmi

Exeter

* 27 Jones

* 03 Duffy

* 05 Seaborne

* 06 Taylor

* 11 Golbourne

* 15 Edwards

* 04 Russell

* 07 Harley

* 14 Cozic

* 12 Corr

* 16 Stewart

Substitutes

* 01 Marriott,

* 02 Tully,

* 29 Archibald-Henville,

* 22 Sercombe,

* 28 Burnell,

* 10 McAllister ,

* 31 Norwood

Hmm.. couple choices I disagree with here, Archibald-Henville would be in for Seaborne, and Edwards and Russell together is a bad move imo :o But what do I know.. In Tis we trust :)

Gillingham won 5-0 against Swindon earlier which surprised me :confused: Simeon Jackson with 3 of them. And Southampton drew 1-1 with Millwall.

Gillingham won 5-0 against Swindon earlier which surprised me :confused: Simeon Jackson with 3 of them. And Southampton drew 1-1 with Millwall.

Why would it surprise you :rolleyes: Ive always told you that Jackson is amazing ;) although to be fair it was mainly because Swindons defence was terrible, you dont give Simeon space B)

I was supposed to go to the Dons game but sadly not now, havent yet got my season ticket. :o

Anyone know a website thats showing the game? Cos i cant find one..

5 nil in 38 mins now lol.

This is the worst game I've ever witnessed. The goalie has been terrible, theres no bite from the midfielders, and the team as a whole have no confidence, especially Jonny Otsemobor, who was at fault for the 1st goal. I don't blame him, even though he provided the backpass, but I blame the keeper, Theokolitis should have just hoofed it out.

Until today, I've never been ashamed to be a Norwich City supporter, there was so much optimism at the beginning of the game. Everyone was cheering, there were people discussing the score, even the 2 sets of fans wern't that bad. But now? I give up. There were 2 people who actually invaded the pitch, one throwing his season ticket at Bryan Gunn and the management team.

League 2 anyone?