Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Coca Cola League 1 Official Thread.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs :D:D:D

It had to be Jermaine Beckford to get the winner! :D

I take everything I've said over the entire season back. 1-0 down with ten men, unbelievable. For once, we've actually done it. Unbelievable.

Just get in!

I take everything I've said over the entire season back. 1-0 down with ten men' date=' unbelievable. For once, we've actually done it. Unbelievable.

Just get in![/quote']

Oh no. The one team i didn't want to go up.

Hoping Millwall don't go up in the play-offs now, C'mon Swindon!!!

Oh no. The one team i didn't want to go up.

Hoping Millwall don't go up in the play-offs now' date=' C'mon Swindon!!![/quote']

It's strange, all seasons except this one I've been wanting Swindon to do well. But this season since around February they've been challenging us for promotion and I've been wanting them to lose. It's only now, that we've finally promoted, that I can really look at what a fantastic achievement it is for them to make the play-offs. Fighting relegation last year, sold their best player, but now they've only just missed out on promotion.

Now we're up, I can relax and watch Swindon in the play-offs. Would be great to see them up, and not only because it would mean another opportunity to watch Leeds locally. If not them, I wouldn't mind seeing Huddersfield up either.

:D

Harley is a god, he was frustrating all game but then came up with an awesome strike

mL8O8K4vStQ

Love it how too many times this season we've passed and passed and passed, only to lose it, then Jonesy just smashes it for Corr to flick on to Harley for the goal that keeps us up!

Thought we'd lost it when they scored so early, but Taylor gets another important goal.

George Friend.. I hope Wolves loan him back to us next year, he was brilliant

Marcus Stewart... time to retire.. you did well today, please don't struggle through another year.

And yes.. the derby game is Plymouth next year :D Would love to see Stanno recover for that game and get a hat-trick on his comeback. Get well soon Stanno! :)

A great result for saints but what boring first half ! , i thought the end of the season ment a party , obviously not if you watched the first 60 minutes the croud only came alive after lambert equaliser B)

it was also the first ever game ive been to were there have been no programmes something to do with printing problems apparently :(

Roumers we heard on the train home -

- Pardew is set to be sacked after making iniproprate comments in the programme which lead to the programmes being withdrawn from sale.

- Brighton right back Calderon is in talks over a move to saints (personally i dont like him but hes still better than ostamabor)

As I've been saying all season and have been regularly criticised for.

I just can't believe it. Biggest game of their careers' date=' biggest game of the season, so, so close, and that absolute idiot decides to stomp on someone. I'm speechless. I hope that he never wears the shirt again. Disgrace. I can't believe that he might have blown it for us now.

We need a goal and we don't even look like scoring. Dammit Leeds, just once, please give us something to cheer about.[/quote']

Game over. :'(

I take everything I've said over the entire season back. 1-0 down with ten men' date=' unbelievable. For once, we've actually done it. Unbelievable.

Just get in![/quote']

Such a fickle supporter, good to see you've had such faith in your team over the past few weeks and months.

Well done to Exeter for staying up as well, George will be well happy.

Come on Charlton, looking so solid defensively of late, we can do Swindon!

Such a fickle supporter' date=' good to see you've had such faith in your team over the past few weeks and months.

Well done to Exeter for staying up as well, George will be well happy.

Come on Charlton, looking so solid defensively of late, we can do Swindon![/quote']

After losing eight times as much in the second half of the season as the first I think the lack of faith can be explained. Fickle I'll give you. Pretty much I take it as it happens and obviously my emotions change with every goal, especially in a situation like yesterday.

Roumers we heard on the train home -

- Pardew is set to be sacked after making iniproprate comments in the programme which lead to the programmes being withdrawn from sale.

Heard that as well, because supposedly they want Tisdale again :/

Expect to see quite a few changes to the squad before next season, get rid of those not good enough, and probably lose a few to bigger sides.

In goal, I wouldn't be surprised if Jones left. Still young, has plenty of experience and is a brilliant keeper, rumours are that Bristol City are targeting both him and Harley.

Defence;

Tully, Duffy and Taylor all supposedly close to signing new contracts. Edwards should be fine for another year as back-up, and I want him as manager when Tisdale leaves.

Would like to see Heath sign permanently, and Friend to re-join on loan or permanently if Wolves release. Golbourne will hopefully sign a new contract, although I expect him to leave.

Midfield;

Russell likely to retire or be released. Harley will probably leave, Plymouth (:rolleyes:), Bristol City and Doncaster all supposedly want him. Cozic should sign a new deal, Saunders needs to leave. Wouldn't be surprised to see interest in Dunne and Sercombe either.

Strikers;

Stewart should retire. McAllister likely to leave, if Rotherham want to keep him then I hope we get Ryan Taylor off them. Fleetwood back to Charlton.

Watson will leave, and it's likely Logan (:(:() will as well.

Surprised to see that Barry Corr was released today, but I guess when you miss over a 1/4 of the season through suspension it doesn't help. :o

Saunders, Panther and McAllister leave as expected, as do Burnell and Russell.

As for my last post, was wrong about Logan thankfully :D

Friend was released by Wolves yesterday, which probably means he's unlikely to come back next season. Expect a lower Championship to go for him now he's free.

Play offs start tonight. Off to Swindon in a couple of hours time' date=' come on you Reds!![/quote']

I was at the game as well, might have seen you. :P

You weren't on the coach were you? Was stood outside the ground with a few mates when a(/the?) coach came past with Charlton fans. They smiled and waved at us. Not for sure if they were nice people, being sarcastic or didn't realise we weren't Charlton fans.

Great result for Swindon, but I reckon they'll really rue missing that chance deep into stoppage time. I fancy Charlton to win 1-0 and then get a second in extra-time on Monday. If Pericard had scored that goal Swindon would have one foot in Wembley. As it is, it's all to play for.

IGreat result for Swindon' date=' but I reckon they'll really rue missing that chance deep into stoppage time. I fancy Charlton to win 1-0 and then get a second in extra-time on Monday. If Pericard had scored that goal Swindon would have one foot in Wembley. As it is, it's all to play for.[/quote']

Watched the game on Sky. Austin & Ward were immense, especially Austin and if he doesn't move on to a higher championship/lower premiership club next season i'll be shocked.

They had a comfortable lead, untill a terrible keeper error gave Charlton some hope. And yes, Pericard should have burried that chance, he done everything right - header it, down, away from the keeper, just some bad luck and it hit the post.

O'Brien also impressed me on the left side of midfield, will Paynter be missing the second leg? I predict 1-1 for the second league, and Swindon to go through.

Millwall & Huddersfield next up, Millwall should win the tie comfortably over two legs, although Huddersfield may pull of an upset.

Hoping Huddersfield go up through the play-offs.

Millwall don't deserve to go up simply because they're Millwall, not bothered about Charlton and Swindon are a side we did well against this season, so would rather play them again next year :P

Swindon - Huddersfield final :)

Just thought I'd nip on here and say goodbye to the League 1 thread' date=' as I will no longer need to use it.

GOING UP UP UP! :D[/quote']

Fraser Forster is a legend, is a legend. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be going up with you. :)

Looking forward to next season. Tom who do you want joining us from the play-offs?

I was at the game as well' date=' might have seen you. :P

You weren't on the coach were you? Was stood outside the ground with a few mates when a(/the?) coach came past with Charlton fans. They smiled and waved at us. Not for sure if they were nice people, being sarcastic or didn't realise we weren't Charlton fans.

Great result for Swindon, but I reckon they'll really rue missing that chance deep into stoppage time. I fancy Charlton to win 1-0 and then get a second in extra-time on Monday. If Pericard had scored that goal Swindon would have one foot in Wembley. As it is, it's all to play for.[/quote']

Ha ha no i stopped going to games on the coach about 10 years ago.

Swindon deserved the win, their front 2 were too much of a handful for us but it was criminal we allowed them to score that 2nd goal on the break from our corner.

Pericards miss has kept us in it as 3-1 would be hard to come back from. That said the whole tie could've been different if Bailey's brilliant effort had gone in off the post.

I'm obviously biased but i fancy us to beat them at home if we can improve our set piece delivery and get more crosses in. Kyel Reid needs to start on the left wing.

Wow, incredible game. Watched it down the pub with a bunch of mates, and by the time Greer got sent off it was all doom and gloom. Ward's goal came from absolutely nothing and completely changed the atmosphere. So tense all through extra time with Charlton going so close so many times. But when Bailey missed that penalty it was electric.

Swindon at Wembley. Wow. It doesn't feel right somehow. Really feel for Charlton; penalties is by far the worst way to go out and especially after they were in such a commanding position.