Sign in to follow this  
Guest Atkin

Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Re: Coca Cola League 1 Official Thread.

:(:(:(:(:(:(

88th minute Beckford goal wins it for Beckford United :(

Was so close to coming away with a point it's so darn disappointing :(

Have to look at the positives I guess... we fought extremely well to get an equaliser against one of the best sides in League 1, away and down to 10 men. Brave performance, keep it up and we should stay up. I just hope that Corr knows he let the team down, Tisdale will definitely not be happy with that.

Hopefully Norwich play like they did today next week.

:(:(

Dons will have to settle for a 0-0 draw :o

Oh, and a message for GeorgeECFC, i shall be at the Exeter Vs. Dons game on the 29th. Looking forward to beating your beloved team! :P:D

i went to norwichs game today it was a disaster, the keeper was absolutely shocking.. as was doherty and michael nelson < rubbish.

wes hoolaghan played pretty well as usual as did young cody mcdonald who bagged norwichs goal.. it was so bad, i couldnt believe it.

when we scored even the colchester fans danced and cheered :L :(

highlight of the match - when the two fans invaded the pitch and when the fat one threw his ticket at gunn he fell over :P:rolleyes:

we'll be relegated from this division too at this rate.. i suppose at least we aint bottom with southampton now on -9 :P

Guest Toggs

Unbanned in time for this message:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Get on Colchester. Nobody would understand how i'm looking forward too laughing at Goodson again, as Yeovil & Norwich play on monday (Carling Cup), although i'm still optimistic we will win, despite todays CRACKING 2-0 win over Barnes'es Tranmere.

But Norwich :P haha :)

Get on Colchester. Nobody would understand how i'm looking forward too laughing at Goodson again' date=' as Yeovil & Norwich play on monday (Carling Cup), although i'm still optimistic we will win, despite todays CRACKING 2-0 win over Barnes'es Tranmere.

But Norwich :P haha :)[/quote']

John Barnes is the worst manager in the football league tbh :o Tranmere have taken a huge risk in appointing him, will be gone by December ;)

Just seen the highlights from the Leeds - Exeter game, and Corr's red looks harsh. Hardly even touched him yet he decides to go to ground like he's Drogba :rolleyes:

Russell's free kick was brilliant though:)

Guest Toggs

OBIKA IS BACK!

He's joined on loan from Spurs for i'm not sure how long, but we did beat intrest from the likes of Charlton and Millwall. Brilliant striker, so happy too see him back. We have a good strikeforce now with Bowidtch, Tomlin, Williams & Obika.

Josh Wagenaar has also moved too Scottish club Falkirk. It's a shame as he was a good keeper but after his red card, things were never the same. That means loanee keeper Alex McCarthy has cemented his starting place, only rated 65 on SM!

I think we could really be in for a cracking season at Yeovil, and about time. All starting with us killing Norwich tonight, which im about too go watch (Only a walk up the road for me :))

CMON YOU GLOVERS! :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Get on Colchester. Nobody would understand how i'm looking forward too laughing at Goodson again' date=' as Yeovil & Norwich play on monday (Carling Cup), although i'm still optimistic we will win, despite todays CRACKING 2-0 win over Barnes'es Tranmere.

EAT YOUR WORDS MO'FO! :P

4-0... :D ON THE BALL CITY!!

Guest Toggs

Well that confirms it. Hunty's a glorty supporter :rolleyes:

Too be fair too Norwich. They did deserve it and Holt was brill, but if they could of told me an hour beofre the match that they'd be a blind spastic refereeing, then I wouldn't have bothered going. Penalty decision for the first goal was one of the worst i've ever seen, and from there our heads were down.

Good too see Obika come on, replacing Yeovil's best player Scott Murray. Obika had a quite half an hour, had one shot that went fairly wide. Best player again though was Murray and he is surely going too play ahead of the useless O'Callaghan against Colchester on Saturday.

But it could have been 4-4, 4-0 Yeovil. Very weird and end too end match, and Ben Alnwick also had a good game for Norwich, making a cracking save from Tomlin in the first half.

Hope that result doesn't dent the league form though, as it's only Carling Cup.

How am i a glory hunter? :rolleyes:

I've always said i am from norwich and followed how they did lmao..

my dads family are from west london and all support chelsea.. i aint gunna get in a massive glory hunter debate.. because tbh you dont know my background :)

Guest Toggs

How am i a glory hunter? :rolleyes:

I've always said i am from norwich and followed how they did lmao..

my dads family are from west london and all support chelsea.. i aint gunna get in a massive glory hunter debate.. because tbh you dont know my background :)

Your a Chelsea fan who's slating me about Norwich losing... Whever you live there or not, you support 1 team, not 10. :rolleyes:

Pathetic.

Your a Chelsea fan who's slating me about Norwich losing... Whever you live there or not' date=' you support 1 team, not 10. :rolleyes:

Pathetic.[/quote']

Of course i am coz you were slating norwich too..

i dunno what your maths is like but chelsea + norwich = two teams.. not ten? :confused::rolleyes:

and like i said i dont support norwich i follow their results to see how their doing so why not take a dig at you? :)

COYR's !!!!

Now with Lambert up front, young jacob melis from chelsea and apparantly a couple more signings in the works (one jaidi and one maybe Racon from charlton) saints are going to be a real force in this division.

The only way is up, -9 points now, i still think saints can definately make the playoffs.

Guest Toggs

LMAO!

Rubbish Yeovil loss today, which completed a rubbish day. Couldnt go finals day and then it hammered down in Town :rolleyes:

But that's a small high of the day, seeing Gunny's been fired :D

Good win for Norwich yesterday, pulling us out of the relegation zone.

(Its so nice to be able to say that now :D)

I just hope everyone isn't too optimistic about our new manager, Paul Lambert and is realistic, we are not going to win the league, far from it but I reckon we could steal 2nd if we keep up some consistancy, but its going to be hard with Charlton and Leeds in their current form.

Wes Hoolahan has also been linked with a move away from the club, which is a shame, but with his value supposedly around 650/700k that would do nicely to bring in a replacement and maybe some more defensive cover, especially a RB, of which we only have one true RB.

Darel Russell also on the way out probably, seeing as he hasn't played a single game so far, and in preseason. We supposedly rejected a 500k bid from Burnley for him, but tbh I think thats absolute ballplop as we shoulda bitten their hands off for that money. Our CM's are competent enough, and with the sale of Matty Pattison, we should have some cash to flash.

Come on Lambert, a couple more new faces please!

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Next Saturday is Hartlepool v Norwich. A home win is already guaranteed. :)

Guest 1CapWonder

Re: Coca Cola League 1 + 2 Thread

What Game Were You Watching Robins??!!

Rotherham 2-1 Rochdale

I've just clicked on to BBC after arriving in from the game, to see Mark Robins praise his "dominant side" who he knew would win from the first minute to the last...

This is the same Manager that praised the pitch saying it was in good condition for both teams...

I'm sorry Mark, WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING?

1. The pitch was a joke, players had to change their boots depending on what half they would be in. Broken glass and nails on one side, found our players slipping all over the place. From what I hear from inside, Hillcroft wanted the game called off because it was unplayable. In what way was it a good pitch?

2. In what way were you dominant? We had more possession, more shots on target. We were more comfortable on the ball, our fans were much louder. I'm sorry Mark, you've actually lost my respect. We were poor, but you were no better.

And to follow:

3. Why was Alfie allowed to score a free header in the box, when he has been at this club for 2 years... Do we not know how to mark?

4. Rotherham fans you are a disgrace. Very, very poor. What was that one song you had? Clap, Clap, Clap Clap Clap. Get a grip, it took a fat old man to make a fool of himself before any of you even stood up. "You only sing when your winning" could never be more appropriate than for your abysmal home fans.

5. The ground, followed by the pitch is a disgrace. You have 1 used stand, the fans are miles away from the pitch, we are in a corner. Try coming to Spotland. We give you centre seats, arguably the best in the ground. Your close to the players, unrestricted view, great atmosphere, and we let you stand up. What sort of football ground actually makes fans sit down. I even saw a steward tell off a fan for his language. He said "FFS Buckley" <<< Are you serious, it's a football ground, not church service.

6. I don't know where you get your arrogance from. I don't know where you get your money to buy Alfie from (who looked by far the biggest threat on the pitch today) In all honesty, I bet Alfie is regretting the move. You don't chant his name, you make him play on broken glass, you give him little service (admittedly, better than our wingers however) and in all honesty, we gave him a better reception than you did when his name was called.

I for one, shall never be visiting Rotherham again whilst you are at that ground. Poor pitch, poor stewards, poor support, dishonest manager. You are no mugs, but you are no better than us.

Good luck in your promotion push :)

Gillingham won 5-0 against Swindon earlier which surprised me :confused: Simeon Jackson with 3 of them.

I cracked up laughing after I read it on the phone' date=' especially after all the Swindon fans claiming this year is their year. :D Was slightly disappointed though, but that went after Beckford's goal.

And George - 2-1. :P Albeit a last minute winner.

Watching Norwich's opening game of the season tomorrow against Colchester..

If we play how we did against Wigan it should be quite comfortable, I hope. :o

I just have to bring this up. Hehe.

And this, rofl Toggs. 4-0, wasn't it? :P

COYR's !!!!

Now with Lambert up front' date=' young jacob melis from chelsea and apparantly a couple more signings in the works (one jaidi and one maybe Racon from charlton) saints are going to be a real force in this division.

The only way is up, -9 points now, i still think saints can definately make the playoffs.[/quote']

And this. A real force. What is it now, -8?

Of course it's all good for me whilst Leeds are winning, but now I'm back I fear we'll start dropping points, and then of course the usual mid-season collapse around November-time.. :(

But for now, five wins from five. Ye-ha! :D