Sign in to follow this  
Guest Atkin

Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Re: Coca Cola League 1 Official Thread.

I did mean Andy Robinson, from what I've seen, he's looked great. Clearly I'm wrong?

Johnson isn't a winger, just a CM shifted to the left.

Very disappointing result, apparently we were shocking. Couldn't take our chances and deserved nothing more than what we got.

On the bright side, Charlton lost heavily and Dons lost. Swindon (very typically) conceded a late equaliser. Four 1-1's on the trot for them now...

At 74 minutes, it was on target for the perfect football night. Two goals put paid to that. :rolleyes:

Huge game on Saturday, not at all confident. If we played like we did today, we could get hammered. Although the same could be said for Charlton.

How are Swindon? From what I've heard' date=' they play good build up work, but can't finish (mainly due to Paynter).

Noone, best winger in the league? Sorry, from what I've seen, he doesn't come close to Snodgrass, Robinson, Sam, McNamee, Taylor, etc.

Surprised to see Fleetwood and Stansfield on bench with Corr up top?[/quote']

Tbh, Swindon should have won. Was only the fact that Jansson was absolutely brilliant in goal that stopped us going 3 or 4-0 down. First half was fairly equal but Swindon were completely dominant in the 2nd apart from the last 5/10 minutes. They were slightly helped by the worst linesman I've ever seen, he couldn't keep up with play and didn't seem to know the offside rule. :rolleyes: Some of the finishing was poor though, improve that and they're easily a top 6 side.

As for Noone, he is definitely one of the best. I can't believe Plymouth haven't given him more chances because so far he has been great, and the sides he's played against have all said how they'd love him at their club because he's been so good. By McNamee I'm guessing he's the one Swindon fans were saying they'd easily swap for Noone? :P

I think it was Corr and Stewart together but because Stewart drops deep all the time it doesn't seem like it. Both of them did nothing tbh, and Fleetwood and Stansfield weren't much better either.

Logan once again proves what a legend he is and comes up with yet another important goal. He deserves a start tbh as he gives us the aerial threat that the others don't.

Overall a lucky point although we could of had a penalty at the end, hopefully an improved performance on Saturday :)

I did mean Andy Robinson' date=' from what I've seen, he's looked great. Clearly I'm wrong?

[b']

Johnson isn't a winger, just a CM shifted to the left.[/b]

Very disappointing result, apparently we were shocking. Couldn't take our chances and deserved nothing more than what we got.

On the bright side, Charlton lost heavily and Dons lost. Swindon (very typically) conceded a late equaliser. Four 1-1's on the trot for them now...

At 74 minutes, it was on target for the perfect football night. Two goals put paid to that. :rolleyes:

Huge game on Saturday, not at all confident. If we played like we did today, we could get hammered. Although the same could be said for Charlton.

So he plays on the wing... and done very well there. Robinson has good feet but he needs to work on his fitness like Andy Reid has.

So he plays on the wing... and done very well there. Robinson has good feet but he needs to work on his fitness like Andy Reid has.

Not an out and out winger though, is he?

The way I've always seen it, is you have LMs and RMs, then you Ws again. The LMs and RMs play tighter and don't attack down the wing as much, where as the wingers play out wide (on the wing), playing up and down the line.

Robinson could definitely do with some work on his fitness. He's a great player, just a little slow and podgy.

Can't believe Bristol Rovers, getting a goal in the fifth minute of stoppage time (apparently).

Not an out and out winger though' date=' is he?

The way I've always seen it, is you have LMs and RMs, then you Ws again. The LMs and RMs play tighter and don't attack down the wing as much, where as the wingers play out wide (on the wing), playing up and down the line.

Robinson could definitely do with some work on his fitness. He's a great player, just a little slow and podgy.

Can't believe Bristol Rovers, getting a goal in the fifth minute of stoppage time (apparently).[/quote']

I don't think of wingers like in SM. RM and LM = play on the wing.

Interesting side for tonight's game against Swindon in the JP Trophy. Marriott plays his first game since April 2008 (I think :P) in goal and Stansfield, Logan and Corr all start.

Not really bothered about this but wouldn't mind a good cup run ;)

EDIT: Marriott supposedly lets a cross in, as he was too far off his line lol

Lost 4-3 on penalties after a last minute Fleetwood equaliser. Not too worried, gave some much needed game time to a few players and Fleetwood seems to be improving now.

Exeter have also rejected a bid from Norwich for Danny Seaborne, calling it 'derisory'. Think he's out of contract in the summer but now he's starting to play regularly again, hopefully he'll sign a new one. Exeter didn't actually want it made public but someone told the East Anglia press and Sky Sports (yes, I'm looking at you Norwich. :rolleyes:) so felt they should comment.

Another game where we choose the defensive way, 4-0 down already. We are far better when attacking, and it's just so pointless starting every game like we do. Playing 3 35+ year olds in the same game when none of them do anything doesn't help either. :rolleyes:

Hopefully we can keep it down to 6 or 7, but by the sound of things, we won't. :(

Another game where we choose the defensive way' date=' 4-0 down already. We are far better when attacking, and it's just so pointless starting every game like we do. Playing 3 35+ year olds in the same game when none of them do anything doesn't help either. :rolleyes:

Hopefully we can keep it down to 6 or 7, but by the sound of things, we won't. :([/quote']

\o/

Supporting Oldham and Swindon today. And whoever Colchester and Dons are playing. Was supporting Exeter as well, but I've given up.

Hmm oh well. We're going to get some heavy defeats against better sides in this league and there will be days when we play very very badly, hopefully there isn't many more after the Gills game and today.

Just feel we would be far better with Troy replacing Edwards, Cozic for Russell and either Logan or Stansfield for Stewart. Stewart has scored 1 goal, a penalty so far this season and apart from his last game before today he's done nothing tbh. Then you look at Logan who Tisdale has called the best finisher at the club, yet he rarely gets on as a sub let alone start. :confused:

Anyway, can't complain, like I said we'll always suffer heavy defeats in this league considering we're up against much bigger sides who have cash to spend etc, and Tis will get it right sooner or later - hopefully sooner!

Norwich were unlucky against Leeds, especially poor ole Fraser Forster. He was class, he pulled off some quality saves, most notabally the one-on-one with Beckford and saving Snodgrass' free kick. :o

Anyway, good game. Leeds to go up and I reckon Norwich will definitely get the play-offs ! :D

Hopefully they get to the play-off final if they do or FL trophy final as I'll be off to Wembley. B)

Norwich were unlucky against Leeds' date=' especially poor ole Fraser Forster. He was class, he pulled off some quality saves, most notabally the one-on-one with Beckford and saving Snodgrass' free kick. :o

Anyway, good game. Leeds to go up and I reckon Norwich will definitely get the play-offs ! :D

Hopefully they get to the play-off final if they do or FL trophy final as I'll be off to Wembley. B)[/quote']

I think it's more likely Norwich will go up automatically tbh, a slow start but easily capable of going on a great run and moving nearer to the top. Tbh, with players like Hoolahan they should be up there easily at the end, and Holt, although I hate him, is a brilliant finisher and probably Championship standard.

I just want Gill back :/

The seasonal collapse has started by the looks of things. Shocking display and dismal draw with Carlisle, draw with Charlton, a very undeserved victory over Norwich then defeat to Millwall. I'd put money on us losing to Bristol Rovers on Tuesday the way we're playing as well.

A disappointing 3-1 loss to Southampton today has dented out chances, but seeing Charlton draw and Leeds lose helps us out abit. Its going to be a struggle to get promoted this season, still not sure if we're quite ready for it tbh. But, i have faith in the lads and when Sean O'Hanlon finally comes back he'll steardy up our shakey defense. :)

Good 1-0 win for Norwich today against Swindon. Happy with that :D

Quite a few mates went to the game but unfortunately I've been too ill to go. :( and they said Norwich played quite well and controlled the game, so onwards and upwards.

Good for us that Leeds lost too :P (Sorry Luke) :o

Good 1-0 win for Norwich today against Swindon. Happy with that :D

Quite a few mates went to the game but unfortunately I've been too ill to go. :( and they said Norwich played quite well and controlled the game' date=' so onwards and upwards.

Good for us that Leeds lost too :P (Sorry Luke) :o[/quote']

With the form you're in, it's only a matter of time before us and Charlton are caught up by you, Colchester and Dons. Bristol Rovers are really struggling, Charlton less so, whilst we're just playing utter pap and scraping points.

If we don't beat Bristol Rovers on Tuesday we'll be just a point clear of Charlton and two of Colchester on the same games, and have one win in five games. Beating BR is a must now, not just to stay clear of the following pack, but to get back to winning ways. And I can't see it happening.

Really missing Becchio atm, and Snodgrass still isn't fully fit. But the rest of players should be more than capable of filling in. I'd personally like to see Gradel given more of a run-out, although he needs to get fit first.

Leeds winning 2-0' date=' beckford and Vokes.

Come on, clear by 4 points if they win.

Looking good.

[b']EDIT[/b]: Leeds 3-0, Beckford.

Whoop whoop whoop:p

Bristol Rovers 0-4 Leeds.

:D

Perfect response to our first league defeat of the season, and away to the team sitting 6th in the league (although admittedly in shocking form).

Makes a nice change after our dismal little run. One win in the last four before this, and that was quite undeserved. Lets hope we see some more like this over the coming games. Thankfully though most of the tough games are out of the way - Charlton, Norwich, Colchester, MK Dons, Millwall, Bristol Rovers, Southend away (our bogey ground). Southampton and Huddersfield are the only real tough fixtures left in the first half of the season.

On a side note, before tonight Bristol Rovers were the only team in England to have scored in every single game. Not anymore!

Four points clear of Charlton, five of Colchester. Next up home to Yeovil, then a couple of away games at Swindon and Brighton, before Leyton Orient and Oldham. With a trip to Oldham in the cup coming in-between (and a JPT tie with Grimsby, but that'll be the reserves/youth).

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Cheers.

Anyway' date=' Norwich not doing too bad, hopefully we'll get automatic promotion :P[/quote']

I thought you supported Chelsea. :confused:

I thought you supported Chelsea. :confused:

I do. Dad's from West London, and supports Chelsea, so I follow suit. :)

But I'm from Norwich, was born there and I still live here, so I follow them too as they're my local side.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I do. Dad's from West London' date=' and supports Chelsea, so I follow suit. :)

But I'm from Norwich, was born there and I still live here, so I follow them too as they're my local side.[/quote']

Two teams. Nice.

At least you can't call yourself a true football fan.