Sign in to follow this  
Guest Atkin

Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Re: Coca Cola League 1 Official Thread.

Two teams. Nice.

At least you can't call yourself a true football fan.

I wouldn't say I support Norwich, just look out for their results looking how they do etc, but Chelsea have been the team I supported ever since I was really little, as Dad's family live in London still, we try get to Chelsea games as much as possible, so I would call myself a true chelsea supporter. :)

A disappointing 3-1 loss to Southampton today has dented out chances' date=' but seeing Charlton draw and Leeds lose helps us out abit. Its going to be a struggle to get promoted this season, still not sure if we're quite ready for it tbh. But, i have faith in the lads and when Sean O'Hanlon finally comes back he'll steardy up our shakey defense. :)[/quote']

TBH, i was at the saints game. And not trying to wind you up or anything but just seeing it as it was.

We played you off the park, i don't understand what Ince was thinking playing a long ball game against a defence so arially dominant !!

We won 3-1 but it could have been more it really could. I feel sorry though as you guys brought a decent amount of fans down.

I honestly think we have what it takes now to make the playoffs. Other than Leeds i don't know anyone with a first 11 quite like ours. Leeds will be a good game, i think we can beat them though. Norwich is my main worry.

Pardews dream team

Kelvin Davis (Bartosz Bialkowski)

Greame Murty (lloyd James)

Trotman (Wayne Thomas)

Rahdi Jiadi (Chris Perry)

Dan Harding ('fish' Mills)

Adam Lallana (Michel Antonio)

Dean Hammond (Jacob Melis)

Morgan Schneiderlin

Paul Wotton

Papa Waigo (lee Holmes)

Rickie Lambert (david Conelly)

Also have Marek Saganowski !!

COME ON YOU REDS

TBH' date=' i was at the saints game. And not trying to wind you up or anything but just seeing it as it was.

We played you off the park, i don't understand what Ince was thinking playing a long ball game against a defence so arially dominant !!

We won 3-1 but it could have been more it really could. I feel sorry though as you guys brought a decent amount of fans down.

I honestly think we have what it takes now to make the playoffs. Other than Leeds i don't know anyone with a first 11 quite like ours. Leeds will be a good game, i think we can beat them though. Norwich is my main worry.

Pardews dream team

Kelvin Davis (Bartosz Bialkowski)

Greame Murty (lloyd James)

Trotman (Wayne Thomas)

Rahdi Jiadi (Chris Perry)

Dan Harding ('fish' Mills)

Adam Lallana (Michel Antonio)

Dean Hammond (Jacob Melis)

Morgan Schneiderlin

Paul Wotton

Papa Waigo (lee Holmes)

Rickie Lambert (david Conelly)

Also have Marek Saganowski !!

COME ON YOU REDS[/quote']

Hang on, what's Joe done to deserve the nickname "fish"? He lives right across the street from me. Or did. :D Went to my primary school as well.

Waigo and Lambert is one quality striking line-up. Not sure which I'd rate better - the Becs partnership (Becchio and Beckford - over 50 goals between them last season), Vokes/Beckford or Waigo/Lambert.

Leeds 4-0 Yeovil

Tranmere 1-4 Swindon

Carlisle 3-1 Charlton

Millwall 2-1 Colchester

Middlesbrough 0-1 Plymouth

These results have made my weekend quality. :)

Eight goals and none conceded from our last two games. +21 goal difference. Flying. :D

Just did a bit of digging and I found that Leeds have the best defensive record in England.

We've conceded just 8 goals in the league this season, which only Chelsea have equalled, but we have played four games more than Chelsea. On average we've conceded 0.53 goals a game - one goal every two games. Not bad. :D

We now have the level best goalscoring record in League 1 and the best defensive. Seven points clear with just nine points dropped. Loving it. :D

Fleetwood misses 2 simple chances early on before making it 3rd time lucky to put us 1-0 up at Colchester! :) Would happily take a point from this, although 3 would be nice ;)

edit:

Colchester equalise just before HT, before Harley scores a brilliant free kick to make it 2-1!

Colchester and Millwall grab late equalisers whilst Bristol Rovers grab two. All three were heading to 2-1 defeats. :rolleyes:

With Charlton playing MK Dons I wasn't really fussed about the results; a draw would mean the gap between us and 3rd was reduced, but a bigger gap between us and 2nd, whilst one of them winning would mean a bigger gap to 3rd.

Main thing is, Exeter did us a favour ('bout time :D) so we're now (still) 7 points clear with a game in hand.

Brighton next week; Poyet's first home game in charge. Should be interesting.

Would have taken a point away to Colchester easily before yesterday, but having been the better side and 2-1 up with 5 minutes left, slightly disappointing to only draw. As long as we put in performances like that then we should stay up, but we need to work on keeping concentration in the last 5 minutes before HT and FT.

Saw Harley's free kick this morning and was a brilliant strike especially considering the conditions. Shame that before long he's going to be signed by a Championship side...

Also I see Brentford have got John Bostock on loan from Spurs, which is a great signing for them. Would have loved to see him come here instead, especially when you consider the connections we have with Spurs. Suppose he would of chosen Brentford anyway seeing as it's a lot closer.:o

4-0, 4-0, and now 3-0. Get in!

6 points clear of Charlton, 9 points clear of the rest of the pack, all this with a game to spare.

Even without our captain and second-top goalscorer today, kept the run going. It's been a while since we've been in such good form. 99/00 season?

Simon Grayson is a legend.

Edit: Hang on George, where's your above post again? Sly.

Up to 15th and 5 games unbeaten now :) Took the lead in the first half through another great goal from Harley. After taking Fleetwood off with about 15 minutes left to go more defensive with Troy A-H coming on, Stockport then equalise in the 81st minute. Logan on for Stewart to attack again, and 2 injury time goals from Stansfield and Logie!

Torquay and Plymouth both lose as well :D

Leeds are flying. It looks like a race to get the 2nd spot now between us, Huddersfield and Norwich. I don't think MK have the squad to last, neither will the likes of Colchester and Bristol Rovers.

Southampton are too far back for promotion now but IMO will be clear league one title favourites next season.

George - how is Fleetwood getting on with you lot?

Leeds are flying. It looks like a race to get the 2nd spot now between us' date=' Huddersfield and Norwich. I don't think MK have the squad to last, neither will the likes of Colchester and Bristol Rovers.

Southampton are too far back for promotion now but IMO will be clear league one title favourites next season.

George - how is Fleetwood getting on with you lot?[/quote']

He's been inconsistent so far tbh, getting better every week though. He's a good player, has the ability but needs to take more of his chances, the past few games he's had chances very early on which he should have scored. Had 3 in the first 6/7 minutes at Colchester which he should have taken, luckily he got it right the 3rd time. The past few games he's improved, he's pap up front by himself as he's just not used to it and not the right type of player for it, but now he has Corr up front with him he's playing better and will hopefully start scoring more often.

Tbh, I don't think he has a future at Charlton, especially if you go up this year. But I can't see him back at Exeter next year either, I'd like to see him sign permanently, just don't think he will.

Max Gradel, you beauty. :D

89th minute winner, get in there!

Charlton and Colchester both keep up the pace, but a great win for Swindon over in-form Huddersfield and MK Dons lost 4-3 to Carlisle after coming back from 3-0 down.

Biscuit - I wouldn't rule out Colchester, with the form they're in. Aidy Boothroyd knows his stuff and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Colchester going up. Don't rule Leeds out of it yet either, we're bound to start dropping points soon (we do it at December/January time every year) and we have a tough period coming out. The sooner we're out of the JPT the better, tbh.

Us, Charlton, Norwich and Colchester fighting for auto-promotion, IMO. Southampton and Huddersfield probably make the play-offs. No space for Millwall, Bristol Rovers, Dons or Swindon, although I expect all four will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season, so if either of them can get some consistency over christmas, they could pop into the equation. THere is also normally one team who comes from nowhere around christmas and ends up giving it a real good go. My money this year is on Brighton.

Nonetheless, this is as competitive as I can remember, and I've been following this league courtesy of Swindon for half-a-dozen or so years now.

And George, yet another late goal from Stansfield. Is that three times now? He would fit in at Leeds with his late goal tally. :D How did you manage to steal a late goal against 'Wall with just 10 men? :eek:

Biscuit - I wouldn't rule out Colchester' date=' with the form they're in. Aidy Boothroyd knows his stuff and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Colchester going up. Don't rule Leeds out of it yet either, we're bound to start dropping points soon (we do it at December/January time every year) and we have a tough period coming out. The sooner we're out of the JPT the better, tbh.

[/quote']

I won't completely rule it out but although Colchester have a decent first XI at this level i don't think they have a squad to cope all season. And a lot depends on if Barnsley recall Odejayi who's been outstanding for them.

And with Leeds, although you've choked before, i think this is finally your year. 2 defeats in the last 32 league games and you're not conceding goals. I personally think everyone else is fighting for 2nd.

I'd even go as far as to say that if you can keep your current squad together and add a couple of decent signings in the summer, you could do a Leicester and be challenging at the top of the championship this time next year.

He's been inconsistent so far tbh' date=' getting better every week though. He's a good player, has the ability but needs to take more of his chances, the past few games he's had chances very early on which he should have scored. Had 3 in the first 6/7 minutes at Colchester which he should have taken, luckily he got it right the 3rd time. The past few games he's improved, he's pap up front by himself as he's just not used to it and not the right type of player for it, but now he has Corr up front with him he's playing better and will hopefully start scoring more often.

Tbh, I don't think he has a future at Charlton, especially if you go up this year. But I can't see him back at Exeter next year either, I'd like to see him sign permanently, just don't think he will.[/quote']

Thanks for that, its good to know. I definitely don't think he's good enough for us, we can't even find a place for Dickson so there's no way Fleetwood will play for us. If you've got money in January i think he'll be off.

And George' date=' yet [i']another[/i] late goal from Stansfield. Is that three times now? He would fit in at Leeds with his late goal tally. :D How did you manage to steal a late goal against 'Wall with just 10 men? :eek:

10 men against 12 ;) Was a complete fluke tbh, wind caught it and luckily went in.

The ref... wow! Worst I have ever seen, was absolutely awful, if Man United had him for a game then I wouldn't like to be near Alex Ferguson for a few weeks:o

And I find it very strange that despite having a good side which is easily capable of reaching the play-offs and maybe higher, Millwall have to be such a dirty side. Diving, using elbows, pushing etc. Ref somehow missed/ignored one of their players smash Duffy when he was already on a yellow, Millwall obviously realised how lucky they were because they subbed him off almost straight after. :rolleyes: Sending off was harsh, looked worse than it was because of the conditions and how the Millwall player rolled around for a few days before making a brilliant recovery. Penalty was probably the right decision to be fair, but that was about it. Hope we never have him again! Draw was a fair result in the end.

And supposedly Plymouth want Harley. Not long before bigger sides than that come for him, was brilliant again yesterday.

Thanks for that' date=' its good to know. I definitely don't think he's good enough for us, we can't even find a place for Dickson so there's no way Fleetwood will play for us. If you've got money in January i think he'll be off.[/quote']

After last night's performance.. you can keep him ;) Tbh I don't think he's worth buying unless it's a free, especially as I'd guess his wages would be the highest at the club, or maybe after Stewart. For a slightly bigger side with more money I'd take him, but when you consider that we haven't spent anything on transfers since Tisdale has been in charge, it's not worth the risk.

And supposedly Plymouth want Harley. Not long before bigger sides than that come for him' date=' was brilliant again yesterday.[/quote']

You're basically everyone from League 1 up's feeder club. :D

I saw Seabourne rejected a new contract the other day. Looks like he's on his way to Norwich in January or on a free in the summer.

As for Fleetwood, I'm sure Swindon would have taken him up until they found Charlie Austin - what a steal! £20k up front for an untested 20 year old playing in the 8th tier of the English leagues, has come in and scored two goals in two starts, whilst getting MOM in the last match. Looks like the striker situation has finally been resolved. Who needs to spend millions on players at their peak when you can buy a promising youngster for pennies?

You're basically everyone from League 1 up's feeder club. :D

I saw Seabourne rejected a new contract the other day. Looks like he's on his way to Norwich in January or on a free in the summer.

As for Fleetwood' date=' I'm sure Swindon would have taken him up until they found Charlie Austin - what a steal! £20k up front for an untested 20 year old playing in the 8th tier of the English leagues, has come in and scored two goals in two starts, whilst getting MOM in the last match. Looks like the striker situation has finally been resolved. Who needs to spend millions on players at their peak when you can buy a promising youngster for pennies?[/quote']

Well if we get a good offer then that's it tbh, it's always said that "everybody has a price", but I obviously hope it's different for Harley. I can't see him joining Plymouth as bigger sides than them will want Harley, a top half Championship side will get him imo. Hopefully it's in the summer rather than January, although not for a few years would be better! I want him to stay as long as possible but unless we go up again which is very unlikely then I can't see him staying for much longer.

As for Seaborne.. would rather we kept him until the summer. Will still get a fee as long as he goes to an English side as he's only 22, and the back 4 atm is working well. We need 1 or 2 CB's anyway as Troy will be back at Spurs in January and probably won't be signing again. But of course he could end up signing a new contract still, I'd guess the club will offer an improved deal at some point, it's just whether he wants to stay or not.

So Leeds sign three players on loan today. Hogan Ephraim from QPR, David Martin from Liverpool and Tony Capaldi from Cardiff. All very good signings, but do Leeds need them? They're doing so well at the minute and you know the old saying - if it aint broke, then don't fix it. Baffling, to me.

So Leeds sign three players on loan today. Hogan Ephraim from QPR' date=' David Martin from Liverpool and Tony Capaldi from Cardiff. All very good signings, but do Leeds need them? They're doing so well at the minute and you know the old saying - if it aint broke, then don't fix it. Baffling, to me.[/quote']

Leeds have done this for the past few seasons. The managers have never had any faith in the back-ups. Bechio gets injured and instead of using the other 4 strikers Vokes comes in. The Gradel signing makes sense though as Robinson got injured even though hes pap anyway and Leeds are weak on the left side. Capaldi is a left back though and that confuses me. Leeds have Hughes (who is a right mid but has done really well at LB), White and Parker who is coming back from injury while Sheehan another left back is sent to Swindon on loan. The keeper will be the bench keeper while Higgs is still out with an injury. Ephraim can play on either sides according to the Leeds website which means Prutton will be more of a back up CM than RM. And all the new players help with the busy xmas period which Leeds seem the struggle in while in League 1.