Sign in to follow this  
Guest Atkin

Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Re: Coca Cola League 1 Official Thread.

So Leeds sign three players on loan today. Hogan Ephraim from QPR' date=' David Martin from Liverpool and Tony Capaldi from Cardiff. All very good signings, but do Leeds need them? They're doing so well at the minute and you know the old saying - if it aint broke, then don't fix it. Baffling, to me.[/quote']

It's for depth I'd imagine. We have a tough few weeks ahead, with a lot of Tuesday games (still in the FA Cup and JPT), and the Christmas period is coming up soon. Grayson is making sure we're thoroughly prepared, and have options for any injuries (like Naylor and Johnson recently) or fitness issues. Also gives us more options for the JPT. We now have a second string capable of beating anyone in the division, on paper.

Looking at the players coming in, I doubt very much Martin will play. Higgs has been struggling with the same injury all season, and is out atm. Ankergren has been playing well, and Fielding was recently recalled by Blackburn, so our sub keeper is currently a 20 year old. Capaldi may play - we're currently playing a midfielder at LB, although he is doing very well there so who knows. Not sure on Ephraim. Johnson is injured, but Gradel has looked very good so I'd be surprised if Ephraim played ahead of him.

Would also like to add that I've not had as much belief in a manager before than I currently do in Grayson. He knows what he's doing.

Away to Bristol Rovers tonight which should be a good game, considering it's a near enough local derby and the amount of ex-Bristol City players we have, and Stewart who obviously played for both.

Would be happy with a point tbh, hopefully Tully comes back in and think it's time Stansfield started a game instead of Fleetwood who can do his job of coming off the bench instead :P

Since our first defeat of the season, we've now won five league games on the trot, and haven't conceded a single goal in any of them. 4-0, 4-0, 3-0, 1-0, 2-0.

No Beckford or Snodgrass tonight, although the latter played the last 15 minutes, but still won 2-0 away at Oldham. Becchio marked his return with a goal, scoring five minutes after coming off the bench. 4-5-1 tonight, Gradel and Ephraim on the wings. Nice stuff.

10 points clear of 3rd now, with a game in hand. Charlton seem to have recovered from their dry spell, as have Bristol Rovers, whilst Norwich continue to fly (they're in amazing form!). Colchester slip to a rare defeat, and it is now MK Dons dropping down the table - fourth successive defeat and dropped from 6th to 9th. Swindon are a point behind them with two games in hand.

Huddersfield on Saturday. That could be a cracking game. They beat us both times last season, so I could well see them taking a point or three on Saturday.

10 points clear of 3rd now' date=' with a game in hand. Charlton seem to have recovered from their dry spell, [b']as have Bristol Rovers[/b],

Didn't look like it from their performance yesterday tbh. Still can't believe how we didn't get anything, completely dominated, hit the post twice and should have had a penalty. Did everything right except score :o

as have Bristol Rovers

Huddersfield on Saturday. That could be a cracking game. They beat us both times last season' date=' so I could well see them taking a point or three on Saturday.[/quote']

We put 4 past Bristol Rovers last week.

Huddersfield are like Newcastle under Keegan. Great going forward but always going to concede at the back. It's no coincidence they're managed by Lee Clark and have McDermott and Fazackerly on the coaching staff. All were at Newcastle with Keegan.

At the Valley they murdered us for 45 minutes but didn't take their chances and we ended up winning 2-1. I feel Leeds will have too much going forward for their defence to cope.

Well Gillingham still cant win away! :rolleyes:

Lost 3-1 to Leyton Orient but not before an eventful build up to the game which included half the team and the kit man stuck in traffic and only one sub on the bench at kick off, which was the reserve keeper who was even close to starting the match at right wing because of the lack of players.

On a side note, Febian Brandy is having a great loan spell and is definately one of our best players atm.

Ended 2-2 against Huddersfield. By the sound of it, they were the better side throughout. But both their goals came from headers deep inside our six-yard box. Really missing Naylor and Kisnorbo there, particular the latter, without him our defense looks very shaky. No Hughes either,Parker is still missing and god knows what the case with Higgs. That's our entire back line (and keeper) out.

I'm happy with a point, we're not going to win them all and the main thing is we haven't lost. Now we can sit back and see how Norwich, Charlton and Colchester get on. MOT. B)

Sounds like we're heading for a 0-0 draw after yet again failing to take our chances. Best of which was a Marcus Stewart missed penalty.. how surprising! :rolleyes:

and surprised the keeper wasn't sent off after bringing down Fleetwood, didn't even get a yellow :confused:

arghh FFS. last minute goal to Brighton :/ we NEED to take our chances or we get screwed over like this, 2 defeats in a row that we should have won

We're well and truly over our blip. 13 points from the last 15 available and 13 goals scored in those 5 games as well.

Bottom of the table Stockport away this weekend (if it isn't called off like all their recent home games) and then the big one that we've been waiting for since the fixtures came out. Millwall at home.

We're well and truly over our blip. 13 points from the last 15 available and 13 goals scored in those 5 games as well.

Bottom of the table Stockport away this weekend (if it isn't called off like all their recent home games) and then the big one that we've been waiting for since the fixtures came out. Millwall at home.

Tbh, providing the rest slip up, I'm perfectly happy for Charlton to keep winning. Just beat Norwich, Huddersfield and Colchester along the way and we'll be happy. There are two promotion spots after all. B)

Tbh' date=' providing the rest slip up, I'm perfectly happy for Charlton to keep winning. Just beat Norwich, Huddersfield and Colchester along the way and we'll be happy. There are two promotion spots after all. B)[/quote']

It's funny you should say that, as we're happy for you lot to keep winning as well, as long as you beat all our rivals.

19th December is a big day.

Charlton v Millwall

Leeds v Southampton

Norwich v Huddersfield

We are pap.

Simples!

We're suffering a little blip as well. :(

Four draws in the last five, two of which were against a non-league team. Playing utter pap. Defensively we have Kisnorbo and Naylor back now, but going forward we look awful. Missing Snodgrass today though, and Johnson is still out. Beckford can't score to save his life and Grella still isn't getting a chance.

We're really going to struggle with Southampton, although with Kisnorbo and Naylor back we should do OK. Either a tight loss or we might even be able to nick the win, depending how we play.

Lead over Charlton down to two, but still with a game in hand. And still 8 points clear (I think) of 3rd after Norwich's slip up, with Colchester moving back to 3rd, and a game in hand.

We're suffering a little blip as well. :(

Four draws in the last five' date=' two of which were against a non-league team. Playing utter pap. Defensively we have Kisnorbo and Naylor back now, but going forward we look awful. Missing Snodgrass today though, and Johnson is still out. Beckford can't score to save his life and Grella still isn't getting a chance.

We're really going to struggle with Southampton, although with Kisnorbo and Naylor back we should do OK. Either a tight loss or we might even be able to nick the win, depending how we play.

Lead over Charlton down to two, but still with a game in hand. And still 8 points clear (I think) of 3rd after Norwich's slip up, with Colchester moving back to 3rd, and a game in hand.[/quote']

You'll end up going up anyway so hardly anything to worry about :P

Getting a little worrying with recent results for Exeter, but I'm sure we'll turn it around. Just disappointing not to have taken anything against other sides struggling in the past 2 games, and especially the Bristol Rovers game where we completely dominated and lost 1-0 :rolleyes: I'm sure we'll stay up though, the good thing is there are Wycombe, Tranmere and Stockport who are all doing much worse and will probably end up going down, and then most others except for the top sides are capable of beating each other.

Scoring goals is the problem atm, 4 hours without one now I think, sort that out and we should be fine. Would love to be able to sign a striker who is capable of getting 15/20+ a season but very unlikely it will happen. Hopefully Plymouth sell Mackie in January so we get some extra cash from that which could maybe be used on one:)

Another win for us. I know Stockport are bottom but thats the sort of place we usually go to and slip up so i'm well happy with another win.

5 days and counting until the big one, Millwall come to the Valley.

This becoming an absolute joke now. Absolutely battering Southampton but can't find the back of the bloody net. We just CAN'T score. Doing my head in. Beckford's missed another couple of sitters, Becchio's missed one and once again we seem to be against a keeper in inspired form. It's ridiculous.

Watch Southampton go and score with their only chance of the game now. :rolleyes:

People seem to think we're already promoted, but as I've been saying all season, we go through a poor patch at this stage every year, and this season has proved no different. We're plenty capable of fudging our lead over 3rd up, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see us, YET AGAIN, lose out in the play-offs. :(

:/

Jones is back in goal, Stewart out injured, winning 1-0 and we really need a win considering the games coming up.. all seems good!

and Corr gets himself sent off again which means a 4 game ban :rolleyes:

edit:

Southend down to 10 as well now :) Jabo Ibehre (:confused:)

This becoming an absolute joke now. Absolutely battering Southampton but can't find the back of the bloody net. We just CAN'T score. Doing my head in. Beckford's missed another couple of sitters' date=' Becchio's missed one and once again we seem to be against a keeper in inspired form. It's ridiculous.

Watch Southampton go and score with their only chance of the game now. :rolleyes:

People seem to think we're already promoted, but as I've been saying all season, we go through a poor patch at this stage every year, and this season has proved no different. We're plenty capable of fudging our lead over 3rd up, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see us, YET AGAIN, lose out in the play-offs. :([/quote']

Snodgrass :)

Snodgrass :)

I'm shaking now, so freakin' nervous.

About time Beckford gets subbed off, and after that reaction, he won't be playing for Leeds much longer. Disgraceful, by the sound of it. He thinks he's too good for the club, he's quite clearly not.

Swap Beckford for Gradel?

Anyway, please hold on Leeds. :(

i'm shaking now' date=' so freakin' nervous.

About time beckford gets subbed off, and after that reaction, he won't be playing for leeds much longer. Disgraceful, by the sound of it. He thinks he's too good for the club, he's quite clearly not.

[b']

swap beckford for gradel?[/b]

anyway, please hold on leeds. :(

yes yes yes

Norwich and Leeds for auto promotion this season, definitely.

Went to Norwich's last 3 home games, they've been dominant in all. Especially against Huddersfield, good 3-0 win, Wes is quality, definitely Championship standard! :P

Norwich and Leeds for auto promotion this season' date=' definitely.

Went to Norwich's last 3 home games, they've been dominant in all. Especially against Huddersfield, good 3-0 win, Wes is quality, definitely Championship standard! :P[/quote']

Hoping Swansea will swoop in for Hoolahan in January,

Have been linked with him on several occasions in the past, and he's the sort of quality we need

But with us already having Cotterill, Dyer, Gower + Van Der Gun, doubt it will happen,

But sure many championship teams will come in for him

Norwich and Leeds for auto promotion this season' date=' definitely.

Went to Norwich's last 3 home games, they've been dominant in all. Especially against Huddersfield, good 3-0 win, Wes is quality, definitely Championship standard! :P[/quote']

What about Charlton?

Only lost twice all season and the only side in the top half to beat us was Colchester, and the less said about your result against Colchester the better.

But more importantly we've gone away to both you and Leeds and got a point so you both still need to come to the Valley.

And yes Hoolahan is a great player, but he's on his way out of Carrow Road.