Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

Nah' date=' haven't got a season ticket this season - first time I haven't in about 17 years. I don't want to jinx them by going because we've never been so good at home as we have this season! Must be my presence, or lack thereof... :o[/quote']

I know how you feel :P, Rhodes sounded like a storming game. At last some good news for Scottish football :D

Superb defensive display from the lads tonight delighted to get the 3 points. Could have been a more comfortable last 5 minutes had Tsoumou not shown his touch of a Donkey and Connor's rasping drive gone the other side of the post.

Tonight showed how good we can be when players are played in the correct position. Coutts was immense in the centre of the park.

Hoping Mells injury isn't too bad we missed him when he went off. MK couldn't cope with his power.

Leyton Orient extend the loan deal of Lee Cook for another month, keeping him at Brisbane Road until the 21st of January. (The day we play Preston)

Really pleased to hear this as he was really influential in the 4 games that he's played so far. This will add 6 more games to his belt as we look to climb the table going into the new year.

Quality game :D

Fully deserved point with our first half performance' date=' it's just a shame we were poor in the second. I'll take a point though, considering we were unlucky at times as well.[/quote']

Thought we played well in patches but a point was just about right i would say.

Adam Barton was once again poor this lad needs to improve and quick must be all the paper talk that has gone to his head.

Doyle was once again immense i really hope we can keep hold of hold how his shot didn't go in that hit both post i don't know but it was one hell of a strike.

Good attendance over 17k should be about the same again when Sheff Wed come to town on Saturday.

Plenty of positives to take away but we really need a striker in on loan soon to partner Humey. Both Barton and Tsoumou just wont be enough.

Good' date=' I wasn't looking forward to it anyway tonight :o:P[/quote']

You could always watch the extended highlights on the BBC website :P

Normally you get around 3 minutes of footage time, and the highlights go up tonight at midnight. I know you like to stay up till 3 or around that time though, so you could watch it then :D

If anyone would like to see the worst penalty ever, wait for the highlights of Guillem Bauza's 'effort' yesterday. Should be banned from taking one ever again, I remember Berbatov getting loads of criticism for something similar in the FA Cup a few years ago but this one is even worse. :rolleyes:

Played well for part of the game but that makes it even worse when you're getting beaten by teams we have to be taking points from. As usual the opposition make sure they have someone to target Tully who is far far far too slow and simply isn't good enough anymore despite being the only player to get a long term contract!

Once again nobody has any confidence at all and we seem to turn up half beaten already, since Oakley went back to Leicester we have no leader on the pitch. Noble is a captain just as much as I am, he needs to be setting an example to the rest and giving them confidence instead of constantly moaning at the ref. Unfortunately we have nobody in the squad capable of that.

Oh well, onto Colchester who will no doubt smash 6 past us to make up for yesterday's hammering to Stevenage. And on the subject of them, Westley might be a complete *ahem* but he's got his side playing to their strengths as a team, something we're completely incapable of at the moment.

And I see Ryan Harley seems to getting a whole lot of abuse from Brighton fans right now. I knew we'd miss him but it's far worse than expected. Unless things improve soon I have no doubt we'll be mid-table/bottom half of League 2 this time next year *dreams of somehow getting him back on loan for free* :o

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/BBC-set-to-axe-the-Football-League-Show-article846904.html

:rolleyes:

Now that doesn't suprise me. Yet again football league teams have to suffer because of stupid little things like this. I know the mirror isn't the most reliable source, and it might just be tripe, but it will be a disgrace if it happens.

Finger's crossed there's a replacement in line, maybe even the old 'The Championship' on ITV.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/BBC-set-to-axe-the-Football-League-Show-article846904.html

Finger's crossed there's a replacement in line' date=' maybe even the old 'The Championship' on ITV.[/quote']

The old Championship show was brilliant :D

co6WMzDOh1o

It's not a big deal for me to be honest. I can always watch the Orient's highlights online and be happy :P

The old Championship show was brilliant :D

co6WMzDOh1o

It's not a big deal for me to be honest. I can always watch the Orient's highlights online and be happy :P

I know, it's just the principle of it really. Same old same old that the football league clubs will be missing out :o

I'm sure something will be put in place, and highlights will of course be on BBC. That's not the point though ;)

:rolleyes:

Now that doesn't suprise me. Yet again football league teams have to suffer because of stupid little things like this. I know the mirror isn't the most reliable source' date=' and it might just be tripe, but it will be a disgrace if it happens.

Finger's crossed there's a replacement in line, maybe even the old 'The Championship' on ITV.[/quote']

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/dec/29/bbc-football-league-show-faces-axe?CMP=twt_fd

It's an annoying and pathetic show anyway. Bring back the ITV version!

It always shows extended highlights from their favourite teams, used to be Newcastle n WBA. Now it's West Ham. The other teams in the NPC, NP1 n NP2 barely get a glansing showing of about 10seconds only for Manish n Clarridge to then inanely comment about teams they clearly know NOTHING about, at least they've stopped reading out texts "and Sarah from Rochdale says 'good performance today I hope we can keep it up' thanks for that Sarah, keep them coming". It's embarraing! Good riddance to bad dirt, I dare say Channel5 would do a better highlights show, haven't even watched the FLS for a few months now, not exactly going to get good viewing figures when people have to stay up till 1AM to get 10seconds of goals-It's stupid and the BBC were daft to think it would ever take-off in their pathetically biased, predictable and boring format! Rant over :)

Looks like Tully has been dropped so hopefully the defence is better today, can't get much worse than last year's away game at Colchester when we were winning 1-0 and ended up losing 5-1 with 9 men thanks to 2 completely awful decisions :rolleyes: Then we appealed and somehow they got both got rejected despite it being completely obvious they were nowhere near deserving of a red. :o

Looks like Tully has been dropped so hopefully the defence is better today' date=' [/quote']

Obviously not.

I really don't want to say this but if we can't beat Yeovil on Monday then Tisdale should consider resigning. His team selections recently have been strange and the tactics worse, 2-0 down and Coles sent off today so lets take Bauza off and bring a RB on.. sure our GD is the worst in the league but there was still time to pull one back and put pressure on a team that's struggled at home in recent weeks. Changing formations all the time doesn't keep the team settled, go back to the 5-3-2 which worked so well for us.

Clearly things aren't working but instead getting worse, probably better for him to leave as well to save a relegation appearing on his CV. He's done so much for this club but maybe he's taken us as far as he can. This year, unlike 2009-10, there is no Harley to save us, nor the George Friend loan that without doubt saved our season.

Maybe that's harsh on Tis.. we had 17 shots today but 13 of them off target. Maybe it's Marcus Stewart who should go as he's supposed to be our striking coach and obviously isn't helping much. But then again it's him who signed the strikers, him who starts to play 2 wingers but leaves out Logan who has proved he can score from crosses, him who leaves out Scot Bennett despite playing well in the rare games he gets..

A very poor season so far, 23 games in and only the Tranmere result really stands out as a good comfortable win. Lets hope 2012 turns out better. :(

Absolutely dominating league leaders tonight, judging my the stats! A massive confidence booster going into the new year for both fans and the players. Who knows if we can pick up one or two loans from Tottenham in January we might go places again.

Around 10 minutes still to go so hope I didn't curse it :o