Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

Preston complete the loan signing of Birmingham's young striker Jake Jervis.

Can't say i have heard too much about the lad but he did have a productive two month loan spell at Swindon recently.

Any Robins fans care to give us the low down on this boy????

Rumours are rife that PNE will complete the loan signing of Manchester City youngster Harry Bunn on loan.

Think his loan deal with Rochdale ended yesterday.

Would be happy with this played really well at Deepdale in the league game were he gave Connor Mc a load of problems. Versatile boy who can play outwide or as a striker.

Not confirmed yet but looking very likely

Preston complete the loan signing of Birmingham's young striker Jake Jervis.

Can't say i have heard too much about the lad but he did have a productive two month loan spell at Swindon recently.

Any Robins fans care to give us the low down on this boy????

Well we had the chance to sign him up till the end of the season on loan or make it permant. Im not bothered he has gone as he did well in short bursts but overall consistency wasnt there and we have signed paul benson so he wasnt getting anywhere near the first team with benson , ronan murray , lukas magara and alan connell who all have far better quality than jervis :)

Jervis is a quick guy who can play off the shoulder of the last defender quite well , He is a physical lad who can hold the ball up quite well. His finishing is hit and miss I dont think he is a natural finisher.

Do I think he will be a decent signing for you? No not really :)

Well we had the chance to sign him up till the end of the season on loan or make it permant. Im not bothered he has gone as he did well in short bursts but overall consistency wasnt there and we have signed paul benson so he wasnt getting anywhere near the first team with benson ' date=' ronan murray , lukas magara and alan connell who all have far better quality than jervis :)

Jervis is a quick guy who can play off the shoulder of the last defender quite well , He is a physical lad who can hold the ball up quite well. His finishing is hit and miss I dont think he is a natural finisher.

Do I think he will be a decent signing for you? No not really :)[/quote']

After reading that i am thankful it's only a months loan :D

Got to give the boy a chance not sure who has signed him with the managers job up in the air at present but with both Mellor and Hume out injured and Proctor some way short of match fitness it looks as if he has been brought here to plug a gap.

Well we had the chance to sign him up till the end of the season on loan or make it permant. Im not bothered he has gone as he did well in short bursts but overall consistency wasnt there and we have signed paul benson so he wasnt getting anywhere near the first team with benson ' date=' ronan murray , lukas magara and alan connell who all have far better quality than jervis :)

Do I think he will be a decent signing for you? No not really :)[/quote']

He got a goal today :D

I'll take a point atm, but I'm hoping for another 3 points soon, to mirror the great start Grezzworth had in charge :)

anyone got stats on who's hit the crossbar the most?

such an annoying result.

They should've been down to 10men before half time, we hit the post 3time, their 2nd goal was offside and we had 2men down for their 3rd!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHH

Oh well we had to loose sometime, get back on track next Tuesday V Yeovill.

Will be interesting to see how Bogdanovic does at Rochdale after we thought he was cack!

What would other Preston fans think of the possible return of Sean St Ledger? On the transfer list at Leicester. Price might be a tad steep and during his final season at Deepdale he wasn't at his best but at League 1 level he should be half-decent. The only way for him is either another Championship club (Leeds, Donny) or down, none of the top flight teams would take him.

What would other Preston fans think of the possible return of Sean St Ledger? On the transfer list at Leicester. Price might be a tad steep and during his final season at Deepdale he wasn't at his best but at League 1 level he should be half-decent. The only way for him is either another Championship club (Leeds' date=' Donny) or down, none of the top flight teams would take him.[/quote']

I loved Ledge during his time with us but it's all about the future now and like you say i don't think we could afford the fee or his wages.

I will always remember him before his ill fated loan move to Boro after he came back he was never the same player and when Mawene left he lost his way altogethee.

Think if he can find the right kind of manager to keep him under wraps he will be one hell of an asset to a decent side.

Apparently swindon are interested in signing athony elding from grimsbury :D

Haha :D Ive got nasty two words to put into context on how good I think he is but I might get banned :D

Absolute rubbish ;)

But we have signed wes fodderingham who I belive is the best GK in league 2 by a million miles and I think he would be the best in league 1 as well :D Best goalkeeper we have had since frazer digby :D

Oh I see terrible things happening at sheff wednesday if they dont get promoted this season :)

Jordan Rhodes is a machine.

33 goals in 29 games this season if you include his Scotland U21 games, amazing record.

Would be a huge step up to the Premier League but as long as he's given a good chance then I'm sure he'll end up doing well there. Hard to believe that Ipswich let him go!

Looks like Grezzworth are going to get the managers (or joint managers) job till the end of the season.

It's not the 'big' experienced manager most fans were aiming for, but I'm very happy with this. They've ground out some decent results, and bar the loss against Sheffield Wednesday, have avoided defeat. It seems like there are mixed reviews from other Preston fans, but as always, like we did with Phil Brown, and with Ferguson for that matter, we need to get behind them and hope they can get us in the top half. I'm not expecting major things, but a top half finish to improve on for next season would be nice, whether thats with Grezzworth or not :)

Looks like Grezzworth are going to get the managers (or joint managers) job till the end of the season.

It's not the 'big' experienced manager most fans were aiming for' date=' but I'm very happy with this. They've ground out some decent results, and bar the loss against Sheffield Wednesday, have avoided defeat. It seems like there are mixed reviews from other Preston fans, but as always, like we did with Phil Brown, and with Ferguson for that matter, we need to get behind them and hope they can get us in the top half. I'm not expecting major things, but a top half finish to improve on for next season would be nice, whether thats with Grezzworth or not :)[/quote']

Ah so you went for the cheap option :P

Your board must have 0 ambitions :D

I can safely say swindon shall be seeing you in league 1 next season :P