Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

Ah so you went for the cheap option :P

Your board must have 0 ambitions :D

I can safely say swindon shall be seeing you in league 1 next season :P

It seems like it (typical North End), but I'm actually happy with the board's decision for once :)

Definately! I'm not expecting anything this season, but like I said, a top half finish would be nice. See you at Deepdale, Dommy ;)

Westley.jpg

Graham Westley was spotted at Deepdale this morning (man at the front) :D

Come on Ridsdale' date=' you would actually be getting this one right by appointing him :D

I may also need a change in avatar :P[/center']

Seriously ben?

This was my VM on the news I heard I few days back :D

I will add preston to one of the clubs I seriously dislike if you appoint wesley :mad::P

I seriously dislike him B)

I hope you enjoy time wasting , long ball football amongst other things B)

Seriously ben?

This was my VM on the news I heard I few days back :D

I will add preston to one of the clubs I seriously dislike if you appoint wesley :mad::P

I seriously dislike him B)

I hope you enjoy time wasting ' date=' long ball football amongst other things B)[/quote']

I thought you meant we were after another one of your duff players :D;)

If he's got Stevenage to 6th with that style of play, then he can go for it! I'd advise him to build for next season, but whatever the boss says goes :P

I thought you meant we were after another one of your duff players :D;)

If he's got Stevenage to 6th with that style of play' date=' then he can go for it! I'd advise him to build for next season, but whatever the boss says goes :P[/quote']

I dont see you progressing under that muppet :o

So you ignored me the other day as you thought I was telling you about swindon players? Who most would walk into the preston team :D

You must have little to no standards if you actually want wesley but its your opinion which I fully respect :D

I dont see you progressing under that muppet :o

So you ignored me the other day as you thought I was telling you about swindon players? Who most would walk into the preston team :D

You must have little to no standards if you actually want wesley but its your opinion which I fully respect :D

He's done quality for Stevenage. STEVENAGE! It's not easy to turn a side like that into play off contenders. Plus they're new in this league! :P

Then again' date=' I do suppose Swindon just jumped for Di Canio....well because it's Di Canio :P Then again, he has done a cracking job :D

Looks like it is only the compensation that is waiting to be sorted out before Wesley becomes boss.

Looks like were getting somewhere then :)

Looks like Westley will be announced as PNE manager tomorrow once compensation has been agreed with Stevenage.

Have to say i am a little sceptical of this appointment when you consider the clubs he has managed in the past. He has worked wonders at Stevenage but he has done this without any real pressure with fans that love him and players that have come through the leagues with him.

Without being disrespectful to Stevenage Preston are a much bigger club despite them being higher in the league at the present time. We have a history and the fans will be wanting to see the club back in the championship sooner rather than later as does the chairman.

I hear that Westley isn't well liked amongst other managers for one reason or another and i hope that doesn't prove detrimental in transfer dealings. He is also a manager that likes to have his players working 9-5 which i believe is a good thing but he will have his work cut out getting that across to certain members of our squad.

I hope Westley proves to be a success at out club. The past few years have been tough for all the fans and many will be hoping that Westley and Ridsdale are the dream ticket to get us back in the championship. Good luck Graham.

Looks like Westley will be announced as PNE manager tomorrow once compensation has been agreed with Stevenage.

Have to say i am a little sceptical of this appointment when you consider the clubs he has managed in the past. He has worked wonders at Stevenage but he has done this without any real pressure with fans that love him and players that have come through the leagues with him.

Without being disrespectful to Stevenage Preston are a much bigger club despite them being higher in the league at the present time. We have a history and the fans will be wanting to see the club back in the championship sooner rather than later as does the chairman.

I hear that Westley isn't well liked amongst other managers for one reason or another and i hope that doesn't prove detrimental in transfer dealings. He is also a manager that likes to have his players working 9-5 which i believe is a good thing but he will have his work cut out getting that across to certain members of our squad.

I hope Westley proves to be a success at out club. The past few years have been tough for all the fans and many will be hoping that Westley and Ridsdale are the dream ticket to get us back in the championship. Good luck Graham.

I'm just buzzing because we have a new manager :P

You're right though, he might turn out to be another Ferguson, but you have to take the chance really. Looking forward to Saturday even more now, that is if he isn't sitting in the stands for the game against Wycombe.

He's had a good career so far (with Dagenham and Stevenage anyway), and I think he needs to prove to himself that he can do it at a bigger club. Like you said, no disrespect to D&R and Stevenage, but we realistically are a bigger team than both of them, even if we are being complete flops atm.

Best of luck Graham, do it for usssss! :P

I'm just buzzing because we have a new manager :P

You're right though' date=' he might turn out to be another Ferguson, but you have to take the chance really. Looking forward to Saturday even more now, that is if he isn't sitting in the stands for the game against Wycombe.

He's had a good career so far (with Dagenham and Stevenage anyway), and I think he needs to prove to himself that he can do it at a bigger club. Like you said, no disrespect to D&R and Stevenage, but we realistically are a bigger team than both of them, even if we are being complete flops atm.

Best of luck Graham, do it for usssss! :P[/quote']

This is Westley's chance to prove he has something and he didn'y just get lucky at Stevenage.

Looks like Unsy will be on his way out which is a real shame. I don't expect Grezza to stick around much longer either :(

This is Westley's chance to prove he has something and he didn'y just get lucky at Stevenage.

Looks like Unsy will be on his way out which is a real shame. I don't expect Grezza to stick around much longer either :(

They're dumping the good ol' combination of Grezzworth!? :(

Even if they were both offered toilet cleaning jobs, I would have still liked them to stay!

Westley is up there with Steve Evans for the biggest muppet in football award. To be fair that may be slightly harsh as he hasn't been prosecuted for tax evasion unlike Evans. But he's still an idiot. :)

At least Stevenage fans might get to see some decent football now I guess! I think it was in the play-offs last year against Accrington when they wasted so much time the ball spent more time out of play than on the pitch. :o

Could be a very good appointment for PNE. think it'll probably be a great appointment or a shocking one.

Tisdale did well for Exeter last season but has gone off (or at least seems to have without actually knowing the specifics) and obviously Ferguson didn't make the step-up whereas Barnsley fans absolutely love Keith Hill after his step-up from Rochdale.

Time will tell I s'pose, hopefully if he does very well for you it's next season :P

Westley is up there with Steve Evans for the biggest muppet in football award. To be fair that may be slightly harsh as he hasn't been prosecuted for tax evasion unlike Evans. But he's still an idiot. :)

At least Stevenage fans might get to see some decent football now I guess! I think it was in the play-offs last year against Accrington when they wasted so much time the ball spent more time out of play than on the pitch. :o

Best post so far

This is what I call a muppets table :D

1. Steve Evans

2. Graham Westley

3. Paul jewell

4. Andy scott

5. Ben newman :P

Its going to end badly , mark my words B)

Best post so far

1. Steve Evans

2. Graham Westley

3. Paul jewell

4. Andy scott

Its going to end badly ' date=' mark my words B)[/quote']

I'm above Darren Ferguson :eek:

We'll see Dom, we'll see. See you next season B)

Could be a very good appointment for PNE. think it'll probably be a great appointment or a shocking one.

Tisdale did well for Exeter last season but has gone off (or at least seems to have without actually knowing the specifics) and obviously Ferguson didn't make the step-up whereas Barnsley fans absolutely love Keith Hill after his step-up from Rochdale.

Time will tell I s'pose' date=' hopefully if he does very well for you it's next season :P[/quote']

Last season was a bit of a freak one for us tbh, we had an amazing run at the end of the season and only a 4-0 hammering at Tranmere in the middle of it stopped us getting into the play-offs. Then we lost Jones to Peterborough, Taylor to Charlton, Harley to Swansea and Cureton to Orient all for nothing and with no money to replace them.

Now we have everybody fit we seem to be doing ok again, today is probably the first time we've been able to play our strongest side.

Best post so far

1. Steve Evans

2. Graham Westley

3. Paul jewell

4. Andy scott

Its going to end badly ' date=' mark my words B)[/quote']

Add Paul Buckle to that list ;)