Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

15th game this season where we've failed to score. :o

Supposedly Luke O'Brien of Bradford will be at the club on Monday to discuss a permanent move. Why we need a LB who can't even get into a poor League 2 team I have no idea but I'm guessing it means Golbourne is off. Unless we've completely mugged some idiot into taking Billy Jones off us :eek:

I know our game today wasn't in the league' date=' but I wish we'd stop conceding late goals. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Good result for you?

Dessapointed we're out of the cup but in a way reasonably glad, need to concentrate on the league this season and we were going to go out of the cup soon anyway. Just a shame it was 4-0, can't do the confidence any good. However hopefully that'll be a wake-up call that IF we get promoted we still need to strengthen and hopefully anyone keeping tabs on our players will've been put-off making and last minute bids (hopefully anyway).

Good result for you?

Not really, could do without the replay to be honest. I'm pleased we're still in the hat, but I'd rather we're through direct. Besides, it makes me laugh that Wednesday beating Blackpool would be classed as a good result, or a "shock" as they were describing on BBC... :rolleyes:

Going to the derby mate? Got my tickets last week, should be a good one. Tickets sold out pretty quick, and more have gone on sale yesterday. Should be an awesome atmosphere. :)

Going to the derby mate? Got my tickets last week' date=' should be a good one. Tickets sold out pretty quick, and more have gone on sale yesterday. Should be an awesome atmosphere. :)[/quote']

I've been to Hillsborough twice and we lost both times so I'm keeping my curse away. Will be biting my nails off at home and rocking back & forth muttering "please just win, please just win" in a dark room on my own.

Will be an awesome atmosphere though, do you know how many originally went on sale? Should be a very good attendance for L1. It really annoys me when you're watching Man Utd V Liverpool and all the commentators keep saying is that "this is the biggest derby", well I'm sorry but to anyone who has a 'proper' derby there isn't anything bigger. Whether it's Sheffield Utd V Wednesday, Newcastle V Sunderland, Bristol City V Bristol Rovers, they're all MASSIVE to the people involved and that shows when even a 3rd tier game will be getting 28,000+.

Not really' date=' could do without the replay to be honest. I'm pleased we're still in the hat, but I'd rather we're through direct. [b']Besides, it makes me laugh that Wednesday beating Blackpool would be classed as a good result, or a "shock" as they were describing on BBC... :rolleyes:[/b]

Going to the derby mate? Got my tickets last week, should be a good one. Tickets sold out pretty quick, and more have gone on sale yesterday. Should be an awesome atmosphere. :)

It would be a shock...wouldn't it? A League 1 club beating a decent Championship club away?

I've been to Hillsborough twice and we lost both times so I'm keeping my curse away. Will be biting my nails off at home and rocking back & forth muttering "please just win' date=' please just win" in a dark room on my own.

Will be an awesome atmosphere though, do you know how many originally went on sale? Should be a very good attendance for L1. It really annoys me when you're watching Man Utd V Liverpool and all the commentators keep saying is that "this is the biggest derby", well I'm sorry but to anyone who has a 'proper' derby there isn't anything bigger. Whether it's Sheffield Utd V Wednesday, Newcastle V Sunderland, Bristol City V Bristol Rovers, they're all MASSIVE to the people involved and that shows when even a 3rd tier game will be getting 28,000+.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more mate.

Not sure how many tickets went on sale, but there'll be well over 32,000 there I reckon. Won't be a complete sell-out because I doubt we'll be allowed to sell the corner seats, plus more that are close to the away support. Which is pretty stupid really.

It would be a shock...wouldn't it? A League 1 club beating a decent Championship club away?

Good result perhaps. Shock? Nah. The gulf between the Championship and League One, or the top of it, is minimal at best.

15th game this season where we've failed to score. :o

Make that 16. Would be a pretty poor record over the whole season but it's a joke now tbh. If you look at our strikers, on paper they're all decent/good League 1 players, it's the midfield that's the problem as there's simply no creativity at all.

Can't really say at the moment that we deserve to stay up, just hoping there's 4 teams worse than us.

At least we kept BWP quiet for once.. a shame our idiots couldn't keep quiet about his mother :rolleyes:

Wouldn't say it's a massive loss for Crawley when they can afford someone just as good, if not better. ;)

I guess if Tubbs can score regularly at this level (and I think he will) and helps Bournemouth to promotion then it's worth it, but £800k is still a lot of money especially when the club has been close to going out of business a few years ago. Having Russians pumping cash in helps there though obviously :o

Shows again how far away we are compared to a lot of clubs in this league :P