Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

Wouldn't say it's a massive loss for Crawley when they can afford someone just as good' date=' if not better. ;)

[/quote']

When I think Crawley, I think Matt Tubbs. He almost single handedly got them where they are right now. I might be going a little OTT but he's scored the majority of their goals and some very crucial ones too. They will struggle without his presence. If they can sign someone, that would actually want to play there, good on them, but in my opinion it's a loss.

Our Captain Stephen Dawson is set for a six-figure sum move to Barnsley.

Devastating news... Seems like we're going backwards again after last season. First we sell Charlie Daniels and now Dawson. Two of our finest players. I'm shocked... :(

Instead of buying players on deadline day' date=' I think we should make a cloning machine to build a full starting 11 of Thorsten Stuckmann's B)[/quote']

Harry Bunn has returned to City after he was recalled.

Full ins and outs

In:

Rhys Murphy (loan)

Alex Marrow (loan)

Andy Procter

Chris Holroyd

Jamie McAllister

Graham Cummins

'That centre back from the lower leagues'

Out:

Tsoumou (loan)

Jake Jervis (end of loan)

Harry Bunn (end of loan)

Clarke Carlisle (end of loan)

Do Preston ever stop signing players? :o

The new (and wrong) ethos at Preston of quantity over quality

Ljungberg to MK Dons? :eek::D

Was a rumour started by a fake twitter account' date=' I think Ljungberg is participating in the footballing equivalent of the Indian Premier League.

Harry Bunn has returned to City after he was recalled.

Full ins and outs

In:

Rhys Murphy (loan)

Alex Marrow (loan)

Andy Procter

Chris Holroyd

Jamie McAllister

Graham Cummins

'That centre back from the lower leagues'

Out:

Tsoumou (loan)

Jake Jervis (end of loan)

Harry Bunn (end of loan)

Clarke Carlisle (end of loan)

That centreback is Chris Robertson from Torquay.

Any Shrewsbury fans out there?

ps soo happy we've kept most of our players when even the most optomistic of fans was expecting a mass exodus :) and we've added Hoskins n by the sounds of it Weir (even if he is 42 XD )

Hoskins is a cracking addition, great little player at this level.

Gutted we didn't push the boat out and get Ben Marshall permanently. He could have been a key player for us if/when we get promoted back to the Championship, where he is more than good enough to play. Got Bostock on loan from Spurs, hoping he can kick-start his career at Hillsborough and live up to his early potential.

Hoskins is a cracking addition' date=' great little player at this level.

Gutted we didn't push the boat out and get Ben Marshall permanently. He could have been a key player for us if/when we get promoted back to the Championship, where he is more than good enough to play. Got Bostock on loan from Spurs, hoping he can kick-start his career at Hillsborough and live up to his early potential.[/quote']

How much did Marshall go for? Far too good for this division, not gonna lie a a little part of me was very happy when I saw Leicester got him. Still a draw at Franchise MK wasn't a bad result without your star man!?

How much did Marshall go for? Far too good for this division' date=' not gonna lie a a little part of me was very happy when I saw Leicester got him. Still a draw at Franchise MK wasn't a bad result without your star man!?[/quote']

Marshall went for a £1M I think it was. See you look like your look like going to sign Weir, crikey Weir and Diamond in the same division it must be heaven for strikers. Weir would be good as long as your Centre Half has pace, Weir I suspect would also do some coaching? How's the Scottish boy's doing in League 1 anyway? How's Beattie doing because he was rubbish when he was up here at Rangers.

Marshall went for a £1M I think it was. See you look like your look like going to sign Weir' date=' crikey Weir and Diamond in the same division it must be heaven for strikers. Weir would be good as long as your Centre Half has pace, Weir I suspect would also do some coaching? How's the Scottish boy's doing in League 1 anyway? How's Beattie doing because he was rubbish when he was up here at Rangers.[/quote']

It sounds like Weir will be cover as we only have 2 CBs at the moment with 2others that could convert if needed, so he should provide some much needed back up. Yeah I think he will also be coaching some of the youngsters as well as providing a 'voice' in the squad as apparently most of 'em are quiet.

Beattie has got match fit yet, he's only been playing the odd 20mins at the end of games. Although he's suspended at the moment for throttling a Charlton player. XD

Only other Scottish lad I can think of is Flynn? He just started to get games and was looking very good when he got injured and is now finding it hard to get back in the team as the other wingers are playing well but he's definitely one who could be quite good in the future.

Gutted we didn't push the boat out and get Ben Marshall permanently. He could have been a key player for us if/when we get promoted back to the Championship' date=' where he is more than good enough to play. Got Bostock on loan from Spurs, hoping he can kick-start his career at Hillsborough and live up to his early potential.[/quote']

I've heard nothing but compliments about him from Wednesday fans. A winger was a priority for us, so to get one that's so highly rated and is still only 20 is brilliant. Classic Pearson.

What are his best qualities?

Shame there is no other Swindon fan on here to share in my joy of being a swindon fan :D We are going to win the league and we are going to wembley :D

But Mehdi Kerrouche will NEVER be welcomed back as he moved to oxford on loan for a month (view to becoming a end of season loan ). Hes a good player with a lot of skill but his attitude sucks so good riddance :)

EXETER City will have to survive on a non-league club's playing budget next season, according to manager Paul Tisdale.

The Grecians are already operating on one of the smallest purses in npower League One.

But Tisdale says falling crowds mean that picture will look even bleaker next season as he expects the 2012/13 playing budget to be half of what it was last term.

The St James's Park chief even hinted the amount of cash made available to him could be as little as £800,000 – the same amount rivals Bournemouth paid for striker Matt Tubbs last week – highlighting the gulf in spending power between the haves and have nots in the third tier of English football.

Tisdale said: "Next year the playing budget will be somewhere near what it was when we were in the Conference.

If we're so poor now I can't even begin to think how bad we'll be next season :confused:

another saturday with 0 points!! 4 the daggers' date=' but we sign a out of contract midfielder in mathew saunders any1 seen him play?? he used to play for fulham if that helps[/quote']

Nice to see a newmember of the league 2 side of the thread.

Must be depressing being a dagger? :D

Ive seen him play before for lincoln I think and he was a standout in a very very poor team. If you have a good CM to play alongside him then he will be a good addition :)

Nice to see a newmember of the league 2 side of the thread.

Must be depressing being a dagger? :D

Ive seen him play before for lincoln I think and he was a standout in a very very poor team. If you have a good CM to play alongside him then he will be a good addition :)

no m8 we a great bunch, we always have a laugh even tho are playing like a dodgy joke at mo.

hopefully our injurys clear up and we push up the league a little

Does anyone know a thing or two about Cian Hughton (the former Lincoln City defender)? All I know that he's a fullback, his dad is Chris Hughton and he's without a club. Is he any good?

The reason I'm asking this is because he's set to go on trial with Malmö FF (before anyone takes a dig saying why we're going for lower league players, if we do sign him, he'd be our 3rd choice LB/RB. Plus he's free so he's worth a punt and Kenny Pavey, Calum Angus, James Keene didn't turn out to be bad as well) after our contacts in England said Cian wanted to play abroad.