Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

I didn't go tonight due to me recovering from an illness (Nothing serious), but it sounds like I've not missed much so far. I've probably just jinxed that though.

I hope everything went well with the tribute to Jordan Grant, an 18 year old PNE fan who recently died. I know quite a lot of people who were good friends with him, so if anything, I hope North End get the result for him :)

@James, that looks good! How many were auctioned? 14?

I didn't go tonight due to me recovering from an illness (Nothing serious)' date=' but it sounds like I've not missed much so far. I've probably just jinxed that though.

I hope everything went well with the tribute to Jordan Grant, an 18 year old PNE fan who recently died. I know quite a lot of people who were good friends with him, so if anything, I hope North End get the result for him :)

@James, that looks good! How many were auctioned? 14?[/quote']

Pretty sure it would be 14, it's all the ones worn on match day v Notts County.

Lee Clark sacked by Huddersfield :eek:

What an awful decision! Wouldn't be suprised if he was in with a chance at Leeds.

Not surprising tbh, he should have done far better than he did with the money he spent and the players they have.

Quite a few Huddersfield supporters have been fed up with him for a while, tactically he isn't great and although you have their huge unbeaten run there were far too many drawn games there. Rhodes' goals have probably helped keep him in the job a little longer.

No doubt Leeds will want to talk to him though

Any of you lads seen anything of Luke Garbutt at Cheltenham Town? Haven't really seen much of the lad as he hasn't played for Everton yet but he looks like he is going well in League Two.

I dont like him B)

Hes been very good and is one of the league's brightest talents. Hes playing for a side that is flying so that helps.

Looks a top talent :)

Any of you lads seen anything of Luke Garbutt at Cheltenham Town? Haven't really seen much of the lad as he hasn't played for Everton yet but he looks like he is going well in League Two.

yeah good player, very good on the ball and helped town rip my daggers a new one.

Dean Moahreb is a ref i hope none of u get to witness, he is up there with the worst refs ive ever seen and i played park footie.

other than that daggers were a joke, bsp for us me thinking and some dodgy away trips.

plymouth next up, lose and that will prob be it

Brillant comeback from town to win 2-1 after a shocking first half but an inspired sub to bring connell on was magic as he scored both goals :)

We are top of the league!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now I want to take this chance to SLAM some of the swindon crowd tonight , After some utter idiots boooed the team off which was a utter disgrace.

Tough looking game for Preston tomorrow but one i am really looking forward to. Despite losing to Sheff United last weekend thre was certainly plenty of positives to take. The lads were certainly unlucky and when you consider we had a number of first team players missing for that game the result wasn't that bad.

Westley is slowly getting the squad the way he likes it. We are looking a lot fitter and more organized defensively. This week there has been more work put in on the attacking side of our play which has taken a back seat whilst Westley tightened things up at the back. so it will be interesting to to see how we do.

The players are beginning to settle and with Iain Hume and Paul Coutts retuning to the squad tomorrow we are certainly looking a lot stronger personnel wise. David Gray and Steven Smith are likely to miss out which is a shame so Parry will again be out of position at LB and Nicky Hunt will continue at RB. Craig Morgan,Danny Mayor and Jamie Proctor have been in training following injuries but it is still unsure if they are deemed fit enough for the squad.

Should be a really good game at Deepdale Walsall have won their last two games to climb out of the relegation and we beat in form Hartlepool last time out on home soil so Westley will be looking to turn Deepdale in to a Fortress like it used to be.

My prediction PNE 3 vs 1 Walsall

Hopefully Rhodes has a quiet game today, scored enough against us before so no need for him to bother again :o

Aaron Dawson making his debut at RB with both Tully and Duffy out, very difficult game for him but if he does ok then he should have a good chance of keeping his place.

edit;

better team for 40 minutes then concede.. annoying but not surprising