Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

Not surprised at all by the Megson sacking, Mandaric has always been slightly impatient, just look at his record with Leicester. No sympathy with Megson though, he spent a good six weeks with us before going for the Bolton job.

I truly believe that Mandaric will get Wednesday up, if not this season then next season. I'd love the irony though if Lee Clark went there and Sheff W finished 2nd ahead of Huddersfield on goal difference :)

Dave Jones new Wednesday manager.

Bit of insider info although it's widely known anyway...Mandric n Megson did not get on, if they weren't in such a high position Megson would've walked a while ago (he was not sacked on results hence him still leaving after Sunday). The dressing room was quite divided between pro/anti Megson. Rumour has it that should they fail to go up this season Mandaric might well be off to Scotland, his interest in a certain Scottish club has been reported in news papers already.

Hey it's never dull up here whether it's Wednesdays chairmen/financial issues or our revolving managerial door of last season XD

I hate to be pessimistic and I don't want to sound like a bad fan. But maybe a boot down to league two would be the kick up the arse we need :o

I don't want it to happen. But if it thrives the players to show just a little bit of passion, then it might be what's best. Without me being bias, it's such a shame to see such a top end championship team turn into what we are now. I really hope GW gets this mess sorted before it's too late and we do actually find ourselves in threat of relegation.

NIGHTMARE!

Nothing else could've gone wrong today

2-0 up, lose 2-3

One CB doesn't play-ill

Stand in CB (usual LB) stretchered off

Hit post

Own goal 2-1

RB booked for not giving ball back after goal

2-2 Great goal

LB subbed off as only just back from injury

Oldham player runs through 1-1, CB trips him off

Red card for CB

Penalty scored, 2-3 in stoppage time

(none of our starting back 4 finished)

And now for Tuesday we are hoping the usual CB will have recovered but our otherCB is suspended (replaceable from reserves), our RB is suspended (no replacement I can think of) and our LB is injured (replaceable from reserves but player only just back from injury and can't play 90mins yet.

Could not have written it worse.

I wish I could say I believe we'll stay up but lets be honest.. we're awful and have no chance.

Desperately need someone to create chances, we have strikers who can do their job but it's impossible when the midfield is tinpot with no creativity. Really missing a leader as well, we might have replaced Matt Taylor as a CB, but as a captain we certainly haven't. Any team with David Noble as captain is doomed to failure, the guy is meant to set an example to his team and keep their heads from dropping when things get tough, not stand there waving your arms about because someone didn't get on the end of your pass, not constantly moaning at the officials, certainly not getting sent off for an elbow.

Unfortunately, one criticism of Tis is that he certainly has his favourites, at least with Noble suspended for 3 games that's one of them out of the way but no doubt he'll still try to fit 4 central midfielders into the starting line-up. Dunne has gone completely backwards this year and is now qualified as a headless chicken. Sercombe, is this seriously the same player who was being watched by Chelsea, Fulham and Championship sides last season? His shooting is awful, he doesn't get assists and isn't exactly good defensively either, can't afford to carry someone so badly out of form. Which leaves Bennett who has done a decent job since coming into the side, there's your DM with a threat from set-pieces.. just need to find 3 others to play in front of him :rolleyes:

Need a good clearing out in the summer, this side won't do much in League 2 either. Losing O'Flynn and Bauza who have done nothing between them all season would be a good start, especially as I'm guessing they have 2 of the highest wages at the club.

This time next year we could find ourselves behind Plymouth again.. :o

For some reason we've signed Jonathan Fortune who was a free agent, should be a good signing but hardly going to help with creating more chances.

We also appealed Noble's red card which was turned down so that's another £500 wasted, although Steve Perryman has said he'll pay for it ;) Haven't seen the red because the useless BBC somehow missed it, but we very rarely appeal because we simply don't have the cash to do so unless it's obviously an awful decision (even then they get rejected :rolleyes:). Perryman makes an excellent point on the club website in that when he joined the club we had the 91st worst discipline record of the 92. The past few seasons our record has been excellent (if you take Barry Corr out!), we rarely moan at refs, we don't dive, Tis himself never complains about decisions to the media etc and because of it we are seen as a soft team.

Last red card given to an opponent in a league game - December 2009. That is disgraceful to be honest, there have been a number of times a clear red hasn't been shown but it's amazing that it has been over 2 years since the last

Another 0-0 draw. Yay :o

Didn't bother going have more important things to spend my money on at the moment but i did listen to it on player and to be fair we sounded alot better than we did on Tuesday.

Still can't understand why he plays Parry at LB when he has Smith Holroyed is useless as is Andy Procter (How is he captain).

Westley has a long way to go in my eyes the fans have turned against him already.

Didn't bother going have more important things to spend my money on at the moment but i did listen to it on player and to be fair we sounded alot better than we did on Tuesday.

Still can't understand why he plays Parry at LB when he has Smith Holroyed is useless as is Andy Procter (How is he captain).

Westley has a long way to go in my eyes the fans have turned against him already.

I've not bothered to go to the last few home matches if I'm honest. I know you can get slated as a 'bad fan' for not going to games even if your team are playing shocking. But, like you, I have much better things to be doing after a week of school than watching 90 minutes of that rubbish.

I'm hoping Westley can just sort out the team and make it his own in the build up to next season. We should at least give him till September/October before anything drastic happens. Saying that, if performances don't get better and we don't start scoring goals soon, then he might be dubbed as the new Darren Ferguson.

To think it could have been so different if we hadn't inconviniently sacked Irvine :(

jordan rhodes ???

rise information' date=' linked to big teams , star quality ?????

i know he has been bagging goals just for fun (33 goals)but really would like answers for my qs because he's named player of the year

cheers mates[/quote']

Doubt he will rise as I think there is a cap of 80 on league one. Although I fully expect him to be playing at a higher level next season at a top Championship club or lower Premier League side.

I've not bothered to go to the last few home matches if I'm honest. I know you can get slated as a 'bad fan' for not going to games even if your team are playing shocking. But' date=' like you, I have much better things to be doing after a week of school than watching 90 minutes of that rubbish.

[/quote']

You have an easy game on Saturday :)

Looks like we've lost Bennett for the season who's been our best player in the past month, and we're now without Danny Coles who fractured his spine in training yesterday. Hopefully he can make a full recovery because it sounded like a horrific accident.

jordan rhodes ???

rise information' date=' linked to big teams , star quality ?????

i know he has been bagging goals just for fun (33 goals)but really would like answers for my qs because he's named player of the year

cheers mates[/quote']

Havent watched him myself too much but he's obviously got a fantastic eye for goal however if he's going to make star quality it sounds like he needs to pull his finger out his arris during games. Still too good for L1 though and should make a very good poacher in future, Berbatovesque IMO