Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

It's always a shame to see a great club like Preston falter' date=' but you only have to look at Charlton to see that the ship will right itself eventually. You will be back in the Championship in no time at all mate![/quote']

I wish it was that easy. Losing the likes of Jones, Treacy and St Ledger last year has killed us. The Treacy incident was ridiculous. We had a friendly against Wigan in which his family had come to watch him play, but for some reason we didn't let him in to the ground. Absolutely shocking. I honestly think he would have made such a difference to the current situation.

Just like Charlton, as you said, Leeds also went through the same difficulties (all be it they were better off than us in some aspects) but eventually pulled through it. I'm probably just whining.

Saying that, these bad times will make those good times feel even better (if they ever come haha).

Disappointing loss to Stanley, we couldn't hold out for the point in the end.

Glad I didn't go to Charlton today although i love their ground. Hopefully Orient can pull through and survive the relegation :o

I'd hate to be an Orient fan, not good for the heart at all as i swear you go through this every season!

Just get relegated and have done with it :P

Disappointing loss to Stanley' date=' we couldn't hold out for the point in the end.

I'd hate to be an Orient fan, not good for the heart at all as i swear you go through this every season!

Just get relegated and have done with it :P[/quote']

Excuse me now Jozzy , we were one point away from the playoffs last season :P

My beloved team slumped to new lows today

As Ben stated below 4 so called Preston players released our team and tactics to Sheffield Wednesday yesterday i am gobsmacked and sickened by the actions of the players and everyone of them if found guilty should be named and shamed and sacked without a pay off i ain't bothered what reputation they have within our squad.

What has got to me even more is that some fans are trying to advocate the players actions totally mind boggling but so many supporters have their deep rooted agenda's against Westley because he isn't Billy Davies that they want to see him fail even at the clubs expense.

I understand the fans frustration at Westley the football at the minute is far from vintage but when your own players are trying to stitch the club up it speaks volumes as to how rotten ans selfish they actually are. Some of the so called match winners in recent weeks have shown themselves up for what they are taken out of their comfort zone by a manager who demands more hours out of his players.

I am embarrassed and ashamed to be a Preston supporter not because of Graham Westley but because certain members of our team don't care for the club or fans and have tried to stitch the travelling supporters up on all days Gentry day.

I have a fair idea who a couple of these players are but i am not going to say anything i hope it comes out the fans deserve to know which players have done this. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

My beloved team slumped to new lows today

As Ben stated below 4 so called Preston players released our team and tactics to Sheffield Wednesday yesterday i am gobsmacked and sickened by the actions of the players and everyone of them if found guilty should be named and shamed and sacked without a pay off i ain't bothered what reputation they have within our squad.

What has got to me even more is that some fans are trying to advocate the players actions totally mind boggling but so many supporters have their deep rooted agenda's against Westley because he isn't Billy Davies that they want to see him fail even at the clubs expense.

I understand the fans frustration at Westley the football at the minute is far from vintage but when your own players are trying to stitch the club up it speaks volumes as to how rotten ans selfish they actually are. Some of the so called match winners in recent weeks have shown themselves up for what they are taken out of their comfort zone by a manager who demands more hours out of his players.

I am embarrassed and ashamed to be a Preston supporter not because of Graham Westley but because certain members of our team don't care for the club or fans and have tried to stitch the travelling supporters up on all days Gentry day.

I have a fair idea who a couple of these players are but i am not going to say anything i hope it comes out the fans deserve to know which players have done this. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

When I first heard about it the first name to come to mind was Mellor. He was at Sheff Wed last season. I suppose anyone with links to Keith Treacy could have let slip the team as he was on the Sheff Wed bench.

Depending on whether I'm called into work on Saturday I might venture onto Deepdale for the first time since the win over Crewe. Would bring my limited edition red shirt for signing but I wouldnt want to devalue it any further.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/9625719.Trouble_for_Tehoue_/?ref=mr

Looks like Tehoue has played his last game for swindon' date=' Good riddance in his short spell proved to be a liability who was never needed I hope to god we dont sign him permantly B)[/quote']

You must be mad, Tehoue is a legend!

That Arsenal game will never leave my noggin' :P

Guest drseanfitz

just wondering if anyone else has there name in the Npower 'The Big Ticket Give-Away', and has had any luck?

won tickets to oldham last month(Leyton Orient), and again this month(Preston) with it.

when I went to the game against orient they had accidentally put exec lounge passes in the envelope with the tickets as well.:D

Of to the sponsors lounge at Boundary Park today, as my little bro has some complementary tickets

Massive game today, away to Hudders. Win today and I think we can beat the Blunts to second. Come on boys!!

On last week, thought Preston were really poor. I know they had a gameplan to stop us playing and it did work in the first half, but once we scored they never looked like getting back into it. Shocking about the leaked tactics as well...don't know why you would even dream of doing that?? :confused:

I honestly think Messi would struggle to score in this team :confused:

No away goal since 14th February, 20 games this season we have failed to score and just 2 points from the last 9 games. Even 5 wins is unlikely to save us now and there's more chance of Emile Heskey scoring 40 goals this season than that happening anyway. :rolleyes:

Of the players that have made at least 1 appearance this year I hope we release/sell/give away most tbh.

Tully, Nardiello, Sercombe, Bauza, Jones, Shephard, O'Flynn, Pidgeley, Fortune, O'Brien, Ricketts, Keohane and maybe Gow as well although he's done ok since he joined.

Which leaves us with;

Krysiak, Archibald-Henville, Dunne, Noble, Coles, Duffy, Logan, Bennett, Frear, McNish, Nichols, Dawson. So basically 7 first team players and 5 of the kids. :o

Of the loans, Oakley would be excellent if he wanted to come back, and I wouldn't mind having Cureton who should still do well in League 2. If Jake Taylor was going to be played on the wing then he'd be ok as well but I doubt Reading would want to ruin his career by letting him stay another year ;)

just wondering if anyone else has there name in the Npower 'The Big Ticket Give-Away'' date=' and has had any luck?

won tickets to oldham last month(Leyton Orient), and again this month(Preston) with it.

when I went to the game against orient they had accidentally put exec lounge passes in the envelope with the tickets as well.:D

Of to the sponsors lounge at Boundary Park today, as my little bro has some complementary tickets[/quote']

You'll get to watch the wonderful Zander Diamond a treat for anyone? ;)

I honestly think Messi would struggle to score in this team :confused:

No away goal since 14th February' date=' 20 games this season we have failed to score and just 2 points from the last 9 games. Even 5 wins is unlikely to save us now and there's more chance of Emile Heskey scoring 40 goals this season than that happening anyway. :rolleyes:

Of the players that have made at least 1 appearance this year I hope we release/sell/give away most tbh.

Tully, Nardiello, Sercombe, Bauza, Jones, Shephard, O'Flynn, Pidgeley, Fortune, O'Brien, Ricketts, Keohane and maybe Gow as well although he's done ok since he joined.

Which leaves us with;

Krysiak, Archibald-Henville, Dunne, Noble, Coles, Duffy, Logan, Bennett, Frear, McNish, Nichols, Dawson. So basically 7 first team players and 5 of the kids. :o

Of the loans, Oakley would be excellent if he wanted to come back, and I wouldn't mind having Cureton who should still do well in League 2. If Jake Taylor was going to be played on the wing then he'd be ok as well but I doubt Reading would want to ruin his career by letting him stay another year ;)[/quote']

I'd expect our game next week to finish 0-0 then. But i fail to see how you couldn't score past us. Our defence is none existent.

I'd expect our game next week to finish 0-0 then. But i fail to see how you couldn't score past us. Our defence is none existent.

I fail to see how you couldn't score past us! :P Both Tully and whoever plays LB get ripped apart by any winger with a bit of pace and you just know that eventually Krysiak will fumble a cross into his own goal.. :o

We're still unbeaten when we score first which shows how rarely it actually happens. And of course Cureton isn't allowed to play so it's even less likely