Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

We beat Huddersfield :D:D:D:D:D

Massive win considering we're absolutely terrible. Hopefully the win and the promotion of Charlton will encourage Westley and the players to make it happen for us next season! Come on boys!

Well done Charlton. A fully deserved promotion there.

Unlucky Doncaster too.

Decent performance today, went behind against the run of play but it wasn't easy for us. Came expecting to see Orient hoof the ball for 90minutes and it started off that way but in the second half there was some very nice passing moves. It wasn't a sending off for me, Williamson made the most of it and the fans were vying for blood (after the ref had just booked Maguire for us instead of Lowron) and IMO the ref gave into pressure which essentially killed it.

Well done to Charlton, gotta say although I like Donny I'm glad their 'experiment' with loans has failed!

Great win for swindon with Alan conell scoring the goal.

But I wanted to pay tribute to Paulo di canio as last night he heard the news that no person wants to ever hear that his mum passed away :( He still took the team out today and he went out of the ground straight after the whistle to go back to italy. I wanted to wish Paulo and his family well under this difficult time :(

RIP Paulo's Mum :(

Great win for swindon with Alan conell scoring the goal.

But I wanted to pay tribute to Paulo di canio as last night he heard the news that no person wants to ever hear that his mum passed away :( He still took the team out today and he went out of the ground straight after the whistle to go back to italy. I wanted to wish Paulo and his family well under this difficult time :(

RIP Paulo's Mum :(

That's tragic news! He must be devestated. My thoughts go to him and the rest of his family. RIP :(

I believe your captains' wife also had a baby today too?

That's tragic news! He must be devestated. My thoughts go to him and the rest of his family. RIP :(

I believe your captains' wife also had a baby today too?

Its tragic mate , His father died this season just before the plymouth game at home park and now his mother just before the plymouth game again :(

Yep , Our stand in captain Alan mc cormack was training and 10 minutes before kickoff he rushed down the tunnel and was replaced with Paul caddis and I was confused why till I heard the news :)

As Gould has now left the Championship cage, I'm worried that there's not enough regular posters to keep the thread going. All the decent fans that posted on there have gone, with no prospect of any incoming. The teams that come down don't have fans who post, and neither do the teams who come up (bar Sheff Wed maybe.) The Cardiff fans have stopped posting regular and the Brum fans never took to the thread.

My point is that maybe we should have a Football League thread, instead of a Championship thread and a League 1 and 2 thread. The Champ thread has been dreadfully quiet this season, and will be worse next season.

Just something worth considering.

As Gould has now left the Championship cage' date=' I'm worried that there's not enough regular posters to keep the thread going. All the decent fans that posted on there have gone, with no prospect of any incoming. The teams that come down don't have fans who post, and neither do the teams who come up (bar Sheff Wed maybe.) The Cardiff fans have stopped posting regular and the Brum fans never took to the thread.

My point is that maybe we should have a Football League thread, instead of a Championship thread and a League 1 and 2 thread. The Champ thread has been dreadfully quiet this season, and will be worse next season.

Just something worth considering.[/quote']

I however noticed that the whole forum chips in their opinions on the Championship thread and it's generally in my opinion more busier than this thread. I don't mind merging the threads together but this particular thread feels special to me as all of us share our emotions throughout the season :)

I however noticed that the whole forum chips in their opinions on the Championship thread and it's generally in my opinion more busier than this thread. I don't mind merging the threads together but this particular thread feels special to me as all of us share our emotions throughout the season :)

I think "the whole forum" is pushing it ;)

It was always going to get more busy towards the end of the season, but it's been very flat all season. The regular posters who left for various reasons haven't been replaced, and it's a shame as it was one of the best threads on the forum.

Gov ain't down yet lads' date=' almost though :P

Poor defeat for Swindon tonight, 2-1 at Aldershot Town. We're suffering without Matt Ritchie.[/quote']

We were outplayed tonight by a good aldershot would have been worse without Wes to be honest.

Im furious to find out some of our players were drinking a day before this crucial and I hope paulo really throws the book at them at this stage fighting for the title it is bang out of order.

Im going to disagree with your statement on ritchie , He hasnt played well for months to be honest and it is that partnership with Paul Caddis that Ritchie was thriveing on lol. I dont want to slam ritchies form to harshly as teams always have like 3 men on him everytime hes on the ball now which is hard. We need more from Ferry and our other CM like risser (who I think is terrible) to score goals.

Jonaldinho - Im sorry to hear the chump thread is dieing but I like this thread we have a tight knit community of regular posters from smaller clubs like couple of preston fans , Theres a couple of swindon fans , A shrewsbury fan , A Daggers fan , A leyton orient fan , Exeter fan , Both sheffield Clubs as well so we have a lot of regular posters and people who post occasionally. Maybe to stop the champ thread from becoming a graveyard then it might be best to merge.

We were outplayed tonight by a good aldershot would have been worse without Wes to be honest.

Im furious to find out some of our players were drinking a day before this crucial and I hope paulo really throws the book at them at this stage fighting for the title it is bang out of order.

Im going to disagree with your statement on ritchie ' date=' He hasnt played well for months to be honest and it is that partnership with Paul Caddis that Ritchie was thriveing on lol. I dont want to slam ritchies form to harshly as teams always have like 3 men on him everytime hes on the ball now which is hard. We need more from Ferry and our other CM like risser (who I think is terrible) to score goals.

Jonaldinho - Im sorry to hear the chump thread is dieing but I like this thread we have a tight knit community of regular posters from smaller clubs like couple of preston fans , Theres a couple of swindon fans , A shrewsbury fan , A Daggers fan , A leyton orient fan , Exeter fan , Both sheffield Clubs as well so we have a lot of regular posters and people who post occasionally. Maybe to stop the champ thread from becoming a graveyard then it might be best to merge.[/quote']

I thought Aldershot were relatively average, but we didn't turn up.

To be fair, I see your view on Ritchie, he hasn't been as effective as he was, since he was linked with an exit on deadline day. Caddis and Rooney have stepped up for us in the second half of the season. Ritchie's still a valuable asset to our squad and is perhaps the best player in L2 right now. Ferry's naff, I can't take to him.

I agree that our current crop of posters on this thread is very tight knit and we all get along very well, good banter, but the NPC has become a ghost town of late.

Welcome to our newest member Sky_Blue_Gould :D

Benvenuto! You will prefer it here Gouldy' date=' we are a lot cooler than the NPC lot B):P

As Gould has now left the Championship cage, I'm worried that there's not enough regular posters to keep the thread going. All the decent fans that posted on there have gone, with no prospect of any incoming. The teams that come down don't have fans who post, and neither do the teams who come up (bar Sheff Wed maybe.) The Cardiff fans have stopped posting regular and the Brum fans never took to the thread.

Just something worth considering.

As others have said (Dom i can't believe you forgot the solitary Dons fan on here :rolleyes::P) i don't think that's a good idea, i like the banter between our little group on here and plus i don't want the cooledge watered down :P

Jonaldinho - Im sorry to hear the chump thread is dieing but I like this thread we have a tight knit community of regular posters from smaller clubs like couple of preston fans ' date=' Theres a couple of swindon fans , A shrewsbury fan , A Daggers fan , A leyton orient fan , Exeter fan , Both sheffield Clubs as well so we have a lot of regular posters and people who post occasionally. Maybe to stop the champ thread from becoming a graveyard then it might be best to merge.[/quote']

You left out Jozua! :P

As others have said (Dom i can't believe you forgot the solitary Dons fan on here :rolleyes::P) i don't think that's a good idea' date=' i like the banter between our little group on here and plus i don't want the cooledge watered down :P[/quote']

Franchise or AFC? :P