Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

Sorry but you will always bear the brunt of the jokes but I have more respect for you than Dum and Dummer supporting a poor mans Westham and Burnley B sides :D

But Jack midson will surely jump ship to try his hand at a better league which he will no doubt fail so I hope he stays with you and not ruin the rest of his career by commiting career sucide by joining the lights of preston :rolleyes:

Good comparisons haha

Exactly, besides, Preston already have Hume and Midson doesn't like to share up-front duties :P

Damn you ' date=' The name sends shivers down my spine :P

But we all have our rats we dislike , I must thank him though as we got Paul benson for him :D

Both :P [b']We have a much better history[/b] , We have had some of the worlds finest grace the county ground in the past and we have one of the worlds finest here now :P We have more money , more ambition , more scope to improve the squad and things are stable in Swindon which dosent seem true for Preston ;)

We have always and will always be a bigger club than Preston :D

I could argue both of the bolded parts on Preston's part.

Go on then Dom, tell us some of Swindon's history and I'll put up a decent argument :D

Freddie Sears, Stuart Beavon, David Amoo, Akpa Akpro, Adam Boyd , Nile Ranger, Will Hoskins, Lee Cook, Alan Smith, John Joe O'toole, Johnnie Jackson, Marc Pugh, Keith Treacy, Lewis Akins, Jamal Campbell Ryce, Matt Hill, Dean Leacock, Sam Sodje, Paddy Agyemang, Jon Parkin, Jon Macken, Chris Sedgewick, Eddie Nolan, Liam Chilvers, Nathan Doyle, David Cotteril, Jamie McCalister, Ricardo gardner, Matty James, Andy Gray, Andy Williams, Paul Huntington and Joe Lewis will all be free agents at the end of the season.

Take your picks lads...

PARKIN AND TREACY<3 Wouldn't mind having Hill or Gardner back either.

Been rumoured for weeks that we might sign David James, possible now he's been released by Bristol City.. as long as he didn't want a decent wage it could happen as he lives quite close.

Had a dodgy season but no doubt he'd still be a good player in League 2. If we could get rid of our useless goalkeeping coach, release Pidgeley and then have James as player-coach with Krysiak as number 2 then I'd be happy with that.

One of the most special games at the county ground last night in what was a charity match between Swindon VS Wiltshire ambulance :)

Paulo di canio , Chris Kamara , Darren Anderton , Former town boys Christian Roberts , lee peacock , Rhys Evans , Fraser digby , sammy igoe , Julian Dicks , Micky hazard were some of the names out on show last night :)

Paulo scored a hat trick and made 3 assists as Swindon won 8-2.

Special night :)

Being an Orient fan has it's advantages sometimes :P

Stay Behind And Watch The Cup Final At The O's

AFTER Orient face Rochdale in their final npower League 1 match of the season on Saturday, Chelsea take on Liverpool in the FA Cup final at Wembley.

So why not stay behind at Brisbane Road after the O's game has finished to watch the Cup final in our Gallery or South Stand bars?

To offer even more incentive, we're going to have a great drinks offer in both bars, with Foster's priced at just £2 a pint all throughout the day.

We've also got a two-for-one offer (£3) on bottles of Foster's, so why not make a real day of it at Brisbane Road!

BASKIN-ROBBINS is giving out free ice cream to fans attending Saturday's game against Rochdale.

The giveaway is a celebration of the 90th birthday of Leyton Orient fan Roland Travis, father of Nigel Travis, CEO of Dunkin' Brands, the parent company of Baskin-Robbins.

Nigel Travis said: "Our family have been Orient fans for generations and regularly come to watch the team play. What better way to celebrate my father's 90th birthday than by watching the match and sharing free Baskin-Robbins ice cream with our fellow fans!"

O's commercial Manager Chris Pope said "This is the first time football has seen a gesture of this kind and adds new meaning to the phrase giving something back to the fans. We value the support of both the Travis and Baskin-Robbins families and I hope supporters enjoy being part of the birthday celebrations on Saturday."

:D

It's the least they can do for what O's fans have to go through every season lol :P

Ain't half as bad as to what the Dons fans have to go through each season and I don't see them doing anything for your fans :P

Ain't half as bad as to what the Dons fans have to go through each season and I don't see them doing anything for your fans :P

I would happily take 5 promotions in 9 years during our rise from the basement of English football to the FL, over year upon year of mediocrity where you somehow got into League 1 and since then have been hanging on for dear life to stay there (apart from that fluky campaign last season) :D

After consolidation this season, we will be passing you as you finally fall through the trap door but i suppose some freebies would make up for it again lol :P

I would happily take 5 promotions in 9 years during our rise from the basement of English football to the FL' date=' over year upon year of mediocrity where you somehow got into League 1 and since then have been hanging of for dear life to stay there (apart that fluky campaign the last season) :D

After consolidation this season, we will be passing you as you finally fall through the trap door but i suppose some freebies would make up for it again lol :P[/quote']

You will never be ranked above us! That is a dream that shall never come true. You'll stay rooted in league 2 at best as that's as far as your possibilities go.

Even Swindon Town are better than you and that's saying a lot :D:P

You will never be ranked above us! That is a dream that shall never come true. You'll stay rooted in league 2 at best as that's as far as your possibilities go.

Even Swindon Town are better than you and that's saying a lot :D:P

Swindon are a much bigger club, with more money behind them and a trophy manager so of course they are going to be better than us :P

Our dream is to make the Premier League one day, not finish above Orient funnily enough :o

Freddie Sears' date=' Stuart Beavon, David Amoo, Akpa Akpro, Adam Boyd , Nile Ranger, Will Hoskins, Lee Cook, Alan Smith, John Joe O'toole, Johnnie Jackson, Marc Pugh, Keith Treacy, Lewis Akins, Jamal Campbell Ryce, Matt Hill, Dean Leacock, Sam Sodje, Paddy Agyemang, Jon Parkin, Jon Macken, Chris Sedgewick, Eddie Nolan, Liam Chilvers, Nathan Doyle, David Cotteril, Jamie McCalister, Ricardo gardner, Matty James, Andy Gray, Andy Williams, Paul Huntington and Joe Lewis will all be free agents at the end of the season.

Take your picks lads...

PARKIN AND TREACY<3 Wouldn't mind having Hill or Gardner back either.[/quote']

Beavon, Smith, Hoskins, Treacy, Lewis, Cotteril best players on there IMO, probably too good for L1 though!?

You wouldnt mind having Hill back? Ya want him loan for the last game then?haha cos we think he's rubbish and we aint exactly been blessed with LBs over the last few years, even if he is normally a CB he's too slow and cant pass for owt, makes Neil Collins look like Xavi!

Beavon' date=' Smith, Hoskins, Treacy, Lewis, Cotteril best players on there IMO, probably too good for L1 though!?

You wouldnt mind having Hill back? Ya want him loan for the last game then?haha cos we think he's rubbish and we aint exactly been blessed with LBs over the last few years, even if he is normally a CB he's too slow and cant pass for owt, makes Neil Collins look like Xavi![/quote']

Well, I'd take the Hill back that played very well for us in the championship a couple of years ago haha. Not seen him for a while, I take it he's dipped a lot in form?

Well' date=' I'd take the Hill back that played very well for us in the championship a couple of years ago haha. Not seen him for a while, I take it he's dipped a lot in form?[/quote']

N I'd love the same James Beattie we had in the championship haha

I dont know what he used to play like but I really dont rate him as a player now, good head but he tries to use it too often and normally heads it straight back to opposition when he could've bought it down and passed to a team mate. Too slow for a LB as well, havent seen him at CB to be fair.

Submitted Will Hayhurst for addition to the SM Database. If you could all be so kind as to vote for his addition.

Meanwhile Graham Westley has decided to cut back on the youth squad, which means the likes of Danny Devine, Hayhurst, Conor McLaughlin, Luke Clark, Scott Leather, Bailey Wright, Seanan Clucas, Doyle Middleton, George Miller, Juvhel Tsoumou and Jamie Douglas all look likely to be released this summer.

I dont know what I've ever done to him to warrant such lunacy at my local club, but I honestly cannot stand him anymore! Every club knows you build for the future rather than bringing in dead-weights for stupid amounts of money.

Looking forward to seeing how Cole Stockton and Jake Kirby progress at Tranmere' date=' got offered their pro contracts today. Watched both earlier in the season in the youth cup and they looked good. Also played with Jake a lot as he is a good friend of mine so I hope he does well.[/quote']

Yes!! Jake is on the bench today, told me yesterday that there is a very high chance he will be making his debut today :D

How on earth are Hereford managing this, hope they can manage to stay up.

Still very interesting in the race for 3rd in League 2, wouldn't be surprised to see some late drama in that battle although it looks like Torquay are long gone away to Hereford.