Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

Did he give a reason? 29 is a very young age to hang up your boots!!

He's a very injury prone player, which is a shame as he could be brilliant at times! He was out for half the season and remained our top scorer. Say's something about him and us as a club haha

It is a shame he had to retire , He was a decent player and I thought he was awesome when he played for Wednesday :)

In swindon News , We are set to sign Lee mceverly , Lee Holmes on permant deals which will be fantastic. Lee Mceverly is championship quality and has premier league experience and will be fantastic signing on a free transfer :) Lee holmes has shown what a quality player he is and will give great competetion to what is a strong position on the wings with rooney , ritchie and him. And we are looking to sign John Bostock on permant! That will be a right coup as he has bags of quality and it would be a real statement of intent if we pull that off!!!!! :) We are also highly interested in O'kane from Torquay who is a fantastic player and is way too good to be in league 2!

All looking rosy for Swindon as we look to make an big impression.

It is a shame he had to retire ' date=' He was a decent player and I thought he was awesome when he played for Wednesday :)

In swindon News , We are set to sign Lee mceverly , Lee Holmes on permant deals which will be fantastic. Lee Mceverly is championship quality and has premier league experience and will be fantastic signing on a free transfer :) Lee holmes has shown what a quality player he is and will give great competetion to what is a strong position on the wings with rooney , ritchie and him. And we are looking to sign John Bostock on permant! That will be a right coup as he has bags of quality and it would be a real statement of intent if we pull that off!!!!! :) We are also highly interested in O'kane from Torquay who is a fantastic player and is way too good to be in league 2!

All looking rosy for Swindon as we look to make an big impression.[/quote']

I honestly think you'll do pretty well next season Dom! Like you said a few weeks ago, you have a lot of things set up for a decent finish. Now all you need is Charlie Austin... please take him away from... them :o:(

He's a very injury prone player' date=' which is a shame as he could be brilliant at times! He was out for half the season and remained our top scorer. Say's something about him and us as a club haha[/quote']
His knees are shot

Shame' date=' it's always sad to hear that about a player.

It is a shame he had to retire , He was a decent player and I thought he was awesome when he played for Wednesday :)

All looking rosy for Swindon as we look to make an big impression.

Some impressive names there Dom, i think if you manage to sign all of them a successive promotion is not out of the question. One thing going your way is that League 1 will have a lot less 'big clubs' in it next season now Charlton and Wednesday have gone up (Sheff Utd/Huddersfield will probably join them) and the teams coming down are up the creek so to speak :P

Cant wait for tomorrow night...

THE BORO v Sheffield Utd.

we all follow the boro the boro the boro

and thats the way we like it,we like it,we like it.

woaaaaaaaaaah woaaaaaaaah

Got my tickets for both legs and i do believe Stevenage have a massive chance of going through.

4 POINTS out of 6 against them in the league and the added bonus of no ched evans and james beattie.

Make sure you all tune in to Sky Sports tomorrow as the Lamex will be rocking.

Cant wait for tomorrow night...

the Boro v SHEFFIELD UNITED

we all follow the boro the boro the boro

and thats the way we like it' date='we like it,we like it.

woaaaaaaaaaah woaaaaaaaah

Got my tickets for both legs and i do believe Stevenage have a massive chance of going through.

4 POINTS out of 6 against them in the league and the added bonus of no ched evans and james beattie.

Make sure you all tune in to Sky Sports tomorrow as the Lamex will be rocking.[/quote']

Got mine for both too, gonna be legging it down (well, in the car, not literally running down :rolleyes:) after school.

We usually turn up for the semi's but fluff the finals, hopefully this year will be a change and we wont fluff any-not taking it for granted though.

Ched has obviously been a huge loss. Beatties only decent performance since rejoining us was the last 30 Vs your lot a couple of weeks ago but our lack of strikers is still a worry.

Is there decent parking anywhere near the ground?

Please Sisu, give up the ghost, SELL THE CLUB!!!!!

Coventry City facing Chinese takeover

Chinese businessmen are considering investing in Coventry City, despite the Sky Blues' relegation to League One, reports BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.

Former Coventry vice-chairman Gary Hoffman has been working with Ken Grant, who is an independent consultant in Asia.

Any deal would involve taking up 100% ownership of the club, as well as half ownership of the Ricoh Arena.

But they are understood not to want to work with current owners Sisu Capital.

Although Sisu are keen to find investors, the Chinese group are only interested in sole ownership.

Hoffman had feared that relegation might put off potential buyers, but there is still interest.

Grant is a director of FDKG Ltd - a company that advises top end brands and businesses on moving into the Chinese luxury market.

:eek::eek::eek:

If Sisu don't sell up the protests will gain a lot of momentum very quickly with the news of interest still being there despite our drop to L1.

Please Sisu' date=' give up the ghost, SELL THE CLUB!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

If Sisu don't sell up the protests will gain a lot of momentum very quickly with the news of interest still being there despite our drop to L1.[/quote']

Hoffman and the Chinese, I imagine, are simply waiting for SISU to put us in administration. That way they can buy the club for £1 and just pay off the debt, then start afresh.

If they bought it now, Sisu would want to recoup a fair amount of their losses so it would cost a lot more.

However, it is risky. SISU could just strip the club of absolutely everyone before putting us into administration. It also gives us a 10 point deduction next season, plus if the Chinese (who may not even be as interested as paper talk) pulled out we would be well up the creek.

Don't know how I missed this :eek: but Leyton Orient will have amazing kits next season :D Just fitting as we will make our way to the Championship in awesome style :P

Samsung and Fifa 13(Same as Swindon :rolleyes::P) will be the sponsors! What Did I say about Coxy being on Fifa 13 cover next year? Hahaha :D

Oh and we're now also sponsored by Nike wth! :D

New-Leyton-Orient-Shirt-2012-13.jpg

New-Nike-Leyton-Orient-Kits-2012.jpg

Haha , After taking inspiration from the smurf parade at hartlepool , My best freind is trying to rally people to do a wheres wally parade in a special tribute to a man we utterly despise :P

I hope we can do this and ill leave you guessing to what stadium we want this to happen :D