Official Sky Bet League 1 & 2 Thread

Guest Atkin

Re: Npower League 1 and 2 Official Thread

Big day at Boro today...

Smith is sitting down with the players to see who wants to stay and who will be leaving.

One big rumour down here is Scotty Laird is heading to PNE but it will intresting to see how many players Westley comes back for.

Smith has a massive job on his hands to rebuild a new team for next season but the way Stevenage has climbed the leagues has been amazing and it will be hard to replicate.

Just saw this now bud' date=' Sheff Utd deserved it in the end.

Was a brilliant atmosphere monday night at Bramall Lane although both games were extremely tight.

Good luck in the final against Huddersfield.[/quote']

Thanks, BL has a great atmosphere when we know how much we need a result-it can be dead otherwise. Used to be fantastic every game but we had to shut down the two gangways nearest the away fans a while ago (when some flairs were thrown into the away end) so the people who started the atmosphere moved to the kop where its hard to 'banter' with the opposition.

I'm impressed with DWs tactics in both games. In the league you put two men on McD which stopped our best player playing so playing 4-5-1 in the play-offs allowed us to get him on the ball more although it's obviously hard to create chances with 1striker! Thought you were really well organised and I was expecting you to be a lot more 'unsporting' with your Westley connections but I dont think there was rwally a bad foul in either game.

Good Luck next season!

ps it was really nice to see your players go over to speek to your fans at the end of the game, wish every club had that 'togetherness' spirit.

Shrewsbury Town duo Nicky Wroe and Shane Cansdell-Sherriff have both left the club' date=' joining League One rivals Preston North End on two-year deals. :([/quote']

Now James Collins is being linked with a move to Watford and Coventry. :(

When Maradona was undiscovered and still playing in Argentina we had a deal agreed to sign him but had second thoughts on the 250K price tag and pulled out.

At the start of this season our chairman came on the radio and when asked who had applied for our vacant managers position he replied 'Roberto DiMatteo'.

One day I hope we do te right thing! Haha

Adam Forshaw has joined Brentford on a two year deal from Everton. Surprised we let him go as he was named reserve player of the year for the season just gone. Then again we have plenty of CM's so he was never going to play. Good luck to the lad hopefully he does well.

I should know if you're joking around or not by now' date=' but I'm unsure after last time :P;)[/quote']

Maybe its the smiley faces that think im larking but this is a serious statement.

When Huntington played at Yeovil he was awesome , One of the best and commited CB's in the lower leagues.

Shame you couldnt agree a fee with Grimsbury for Elding haha

Maybe its the smiley faces that think im larking but this is a serious statement.

When Huntington played at Yeovil he was awesome ' date=' One of the best and commited CB's in the lower leagues.

Shame you couldnt agree a fee with Grimsbury for Elding haha[/quote']

Yeah haha, the grin looked sarcastic like :D

I trust your knowledge of this division much more than mine, so I believe you haha. I'm new to all this Dom, although I could be here for a few more years haha (doing a Leeds) :P

Richard Logan has been released :( So many times he's come up with last minute or winning goals. Best of which were the header at Torquay in the BSP play-off semi final when we came from 3-1 down on aggregate with 20 minutes left to win 5-3, and the goal at Rotherham that sent us up to League 1.

Just hope he doesn't end up at Plymouth as they were interested in January. Not the best of players but he loves the club and would have been a good option for League 2.

Noble has also gone as we can't afford to keep him, would be a decent signing for a League 1 team.

Even worse news is that Bauza is contracted for another year and O'Flynn is in talks over a new deal :eek:

Richard Logan has been released :( So many times he's come up with last minute or winning goals. Best of which were the header at Torquay in the BSP play-off semi final when we came from 3-1 down on aggregate with 20 minutes left to win 5-3' date=' and the goal at Rotherham that sent us up to League 1.

Just hope he doesn't end up at Plymouth as they were interested in January. Not the best of players but he loves the club and would have been a good option for League 2.

Noble has also gone as we can't afford to keep him, would be a decent signing for a League 1 team.

[b']

Even worse news is that Bauza is contracted for another year[/b] and O'Flynn is in talks over a new deal :eek:

I don't know what's happened to Bauza. I watched a DVD yesterday of us beating Doncaster 4-0 away from home back in League 1 in 2007/2008 and Guillem Bauza was absoloutely quality and scored. I'm sure he'll come good if you can afford to keep him.

George Porter (our brightest youngster) has rejected a new contract and is set to move on

A bit of a kick in the teeth that. Was really looking forward to him developing here, but if it's for the best then I wish him all the best :(

0,,10439~10001178,00.jpg

Porter all set to leave

Orient Transfer Dealings so far:

Released:

Terrell Forbes

Jonathan Tehoue

Jamie Cureton

Jamie Smith

Mike Cestor

Tom Lovelock

The only one I'm dissapointed with there is Terrell Forbes, the rest I'm fine with.

Brought in:

Anthony Griffith (Port Vale) :o

Gary Sawyer (Bristol Rovers) :o

Nothing exciting so far then...