Rhys Williams

Wesley Sneijder

Re: Rhys Williams

Update

He played 17 games in total for Burnley and from the accounts I've heard he was an important part on the right side with Eagles. He was unable to play in the playoff Semi-Final and Final as the Football League would not allow the load period to be extended. Both Gareth Southgate and Owen Coyle wanted the decision to be overturned but it wasn't to be. He has also chosen his native Australia as his national side and he will be present in the senior sides next qualifier games and is also expected to start. With the relegation of Middlesbrough to the Championship he will almost certainly break through to the first team next season.

Squad for Australia's qualifiers guess who's included :D

Goalkeepers: Michael Petkovic (Sivasspor, Turkey), Mark Scwharzer (Fulham, England), Brad Jones (Middlesbrough, England)

Defenders: Scott Chipperfield (FC Basel, Switzerland), Chris Coyne (Colchester United, England), Adrian Madaschi (Portogruaro-Summaga, Italy), Mark Milligan (Shanghai Shenhua, China) Lucas Neill (West Ham United, England), Jade North (Incheon United, Korea Republic), Matthew Spiranovic (FC Nurnberg, Germany), Shane Stefanutto (Lyn Oslo, Norway), Rhys Williams (Middlesbrough, England), Luke Wilkshire (Dinamo Moscow)

Midfielders: Marco Bresciano (Palermo, Italy), Jacob Burns (FC Unirea Valahorum, Romania), Tim Cahill (Everton, England), Nick Carle (Crystal Palace, England), David Carney (Sheffield United, England), Jason Culina (Gold Coast United, Australia), Richard Garcia (Hull City, England), Vince Grella (Blackburn Rovers, England), Mile Jedinak (Genclerbirligi, Turkey), Harry Kewell (Galatasaray, Turkey), Mile Sterjovski (Derby County, England), Carl Valeri (U.S. Grossetto, Italy)

Strikers: Bruce Djite (Genclerbirligi, Turkey), Brett Holman (AZ Alkmaar, Netherlands), Josh Kennedy (Karlsruher, Germany), Scott McDonald (Celtic, Scotland), Dario Vidosic (FC Nurnberg, Germany)

Squad for Australia's qualifiers guess who's included :D

Defenders: Scott Chipperfield (FC Basel' date=' Switzerland), Chris Coyne (Colchester United, England), Adrian Madaschi (Portogruaro-Summaga, Italy), Mark Milligan (Shanghai Shenhua, China) Lucas Neill (West Ham United, England), Jade North (Incheon United, Korea Republic), Matthew Spiranovic (FC Nurnberg, Germany), Shane Stefanutto (Lyn Oslo, Norway), [b']Rhys Williams (Middlesbrough, England)[/b], Luke Wilkshire (Dinamo Moscow)

I am sure he should play in one of the games (even just there for the experience and for the future). If we win/get a point in the first match, he should defiantly play in one of the next two matches in June.

I am sure Wilkshire is out of the first game due to having a yellow card two games in a row, so he could have a chance to play the first game.

Williams-Neill-Milligan-Chipperfield

Guest jamster111

Im A Boro Fan Lads

Shook Williams Hand And Spoke To Him

Personally I Think My Cousin Has A Brighter Future

Richard Smallwood :D

Hes Tidy Passes Well And Has Decent Pace

Watch Out For him Next Season

Oh And Apparently Joe Bennet Is Tipped For A Future England Full Back Role

The Futures Bright

The Futures Red And White :)

'Relegation Wont Keep Us Down It'll Make Us Stronger!'

Terry Venables 2004 With Leeds And Gareth Southgate Yesterday

:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Rhys Williams did debut in the Australian starting XI as expected and did a pretty decent job as well. First time I've seen him play actually. He is a very lanky player who physically reminds me of Peter Crouch. He had a few slips and that early on but as the game progressed he grew in confidence. He makes a fair few runs up the park and is rather strong in the air. His approach to defending is safety first and either passes to a team mate or kicks/heads the ball out of play rather than trying to get past his attackers.

He was substituted off at 77 minutes, I think it was because he picked up a slight knock after making a decent slide tackling effort.

Anyways, in my opinion he played a decent game and will most likely to be included in Australia's World Cup squad.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah not to sure about this guy for the future' date=' in the Australia vs Japan game he looked knackered after 20mins from all the running. We'll just have to wait and see but my prediction is that he won't be anything special[/quote']

So you base your opinion after one game? For all you know he was injured or not fit or he was just having an off day. He'll be the main Australian right back for a lot of years IMO and will be a first team regular for Boro next season and will eventually move on to a bigger club [if we don't get into Europe next 4/5 years]. I base that after around 25/26 games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update

Started and played the full 90 minutes in Boro's first game of the season vs Sheffield United. He played CM alongside Digard and then O'Neil and he impressed greatly. He seems to have endless energy and he was able to match up to the physical side of Sheff Utd. He made many great tackles and was perhaps a tad unlucky to be yellow carded. However the yellow card just tell its own story, that he was the bite in Boro's midfield.

Update

Played the full 90 minutes as Australia defeated Republic of Ireland 3-0. He put in a solid performance at the right of the defense, proving to be an absolute rock at times when left exposed by the absence of the Australia right midfielder. He was also the reason for the Aussies second goal. He beat Aidan McGeady to the ball and after taking it on with a strong run to the box he unleashed a save to the corner which produced a world class shot from Shay Given, from this Tim Cahill then slotted in the rebound. This is his third senior international appearence for Australia.

Update

Played the full 90 minutes as Australia defeated Republic of Ireland 3-0. He put in a solid performance at the right of the defense' date=' proving to be an absolute rock at times when left exposed by the absence of the Australia right midfielder. He was also the reason for the Aussies second goal. He beat Aidan McGeady to the ball and after taking it on with a strong run to the box he unleashed a save to the corner which produced a world class shot from Shay Given, from this Tim Cahill then slotted in the rebound. This is his third senior international appearence for Australia.[/quote']

I think it was his second match. I didn't see the game, but I know he was rated an 8 for his game. We'll have quite a good defence for the 2014/2018 WC's.

Update

Played the full 3rd game of the season to take his minutes to 270.He put it in yet another great performance and is the reason why Arca is not on the pitch. He has turned into a box to box midfielder, being extremely solid in defence but having the pace and attacking flair to be able to break up the other end of the pitch, which is why Boro won their first penalty in this game. After another surging run he was tripped in the box and the penalty was given.

Update

Played the full game yet again as Boro overcame Doncaster 2-0 at home on Saturday and last night he won the man of the match award from many pundits and the like after a truly inspiring performance in the Boro midfield as they were knocked out of the Carling Cup, he played the full 90 plus extra time to bring his minutes this season to 480.

Update

Played the full game yet again as Boro overcame Doncaster 2-0 at home on Saturday and last night he won the man of the match award from many pundits and the like after a truly inspiring performance in the Boro midfield as they were knocked out of the Carling Cup' date=' he played the full 90 plus extra time to bring his minutes this season to 480.[/quote']

So far so good and he's looking forward to a good rise this season. If he keeps starting, I reckon he'll hit 83 at least in the next changes, maybe higher.