24/7 Transfers poll

24/7 Transfers poll  

1. 1.

• Good
    • Bad

As most of people are aware, 24/7 transfer improvement is/will be introduced in SM, so this is just an opinion poll regarding this issue... Won't effect this feature in the game

Discussion thread

Basically i am curious to see what people think of this, as it has been discussed quite a bit so far in fairly short amount of time.

This improvement means that transfers wont be finalized in 7 or 8 AM for CET, instead it will be done in period of 24 hrs, so more people could get a chance to bid on certain players.

An example: (for unmanaged club)

Player A - 2:20 am ---> Bid 5 mil. for a player (undisclosed)

Player B - 4:05 am ---> Bid 7 mil. for a player (undisclosed)

Player C - 3:00 pm ---> Bid 9 mil. for a player (undisclosed)

Player D - 8:00 pm ---> Bid 8 mil. for a player (undisclosed)

Next day at 2:20 am offer is considered by a chairmen of selling club, and Player C buys the player with the highest bid.

I just wanted to hear vox populi regarding this new feature, as lot of discussion was done over this.

Re: 24/7 Transfers poll

Personally i'm not a fan of the new transfer system, but i cba to go into all the pros and cons. Basically it will reman whatever we say because as i've been told before, 'the views of forumers are only those of a minority of those playing they game'. Just have to get used to it unfortunately. :rolleyes:

Personally i'm not a fan of the new transfer system' date=' but i cba to go into all the pros and cons. Basically it will reman whatever we say because as i've been told before, 'the views of forumers are only those of a minority of those playing they game'. Just have to get used to it unfortunately. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I said specifically in my first post, that intention of this poll isn't to reverse the whole thing, i just wanted to know what managers thought on this. Be sure that 10 or 100 votes wont change the game for almost 200 000 people.

Well, it's obviously good in that it will stop all the midnight transfers so that everyone can get a shot at getting the players, especially for unmanaged clubs... Bad for all those who dabble in this sort of thing (which, sadly, I am too). Can only think of one other disadvantage, is that I wouldn't know when my bid is gonna be accepted.

Guest joe black

I think once everybody gets used to it,attitudes will soften,remember when the "Chairman" first showed his face,there was uproar on here:p,now it would be a cheats paradise without him:rolleyes:

So im going with good i have done a few transfers since it was introduced some players i got and some i didn't but on the whole it hasn't made a great deal of difference to me,so good just shades it;):)

Should have given us a "No Difference" option 3B's:D

Yeah i really dont like it either, it could completely ruin the rating changes idea like the last guy said. It also makes any last minute ratings changes posts from the top scouts absolutely useless unless they are at least 24 hours before the rating changing window! Wonder if they'll change it back?

Personally i'm not a fan of the new transfer system' date=' but i cba to go into all the pros and cons. Basically it will reman whatever we say because as i've been told before, 'the views of forumers are only those of a minority of those playing they game'. Just have to get used to it unfortunately. :rolleyes:[/quote']

My sentiments exactly! I fear (unfortuantely) the change is here to stay. :(

Personally, I think it's part of a larger picture and that is that SM were perhaps concerned that the site was very busy just after transfers were completed every morn, just like it is when games are being played at night and had hoped that the new transfer system of 24/7 would spread activity across the day a bit more evenly. Not sure, but would make sense to me. :o

Herby

My sentiments exactly! I fear (unfortuantely) the change is here to stay. :(

Personally' date=' I think it's part of a larger picture and that is that SM were perhaps concerned that the site was very busy just after transfers were completed every morn, just like it is when games are being played at night and had hoped that the new transfer system of 24/7 would spread activity across the day a bit more evenly. Not sure, but would make sense to me. :o

Herby[/quote']

1st to say, that i didn't make this thread in order to change thing, and try to lynch SM for making this change. I just wanted to know the results of this poll, and i figured it will end about this.

I even voted for this change:rolleyes: , and this was when i thought it will prevent cheating on a higher level

Anyhow, you make a pretty good point there Herby, and i thihnk you may be right. More and more people joining every day, slower and slower server, and it has its busy and less busy. Who knows, maybe will get games played one day in 12 hrs period:D

I didnt welcome the idea much, cuz it is NOT realistic, and this is why:

During the Transfer period in reality signing a player wont take 24 hours always

take the last days of the transfer period as an example, u see players transferring and accepting and completing a transfer in minutes and u see headline every 15 mins during the last days, so therefore i dont like this idea of 24/7.

I didnt welcome the idea much' date=' cuz it is NOT realistic, and this is why:

During the Transfer period in reality signing a player wont take 24 hours always

take the last days of the transfer period as an example, u see players transferring and accepting and completing a transfer in minutes and u see headline every 15 mins during the last days, so therefore i dont like this idea of 24/7.[/quote']

Its not gonna happen in SM due to cheating, and because you need to give other managers time to counter that offer.

And the poll shows exactly 70 - 30 % in favor those who don't like this change.

Again, maybe it was my fault a bit in hasting this poll, but clearly a lot of forumers dislike this change

Guest joe black

I think you would be right 3B's in saying that the majority of forumers dont like it but SM have said it is part of a bigger package so when i see it all ill give my opinion,but from what i have seen ,it makes no difference to me either way;):)

44 votes in total in a week ,really upsetting loads :D ,it may show most against but who is to say most arnt the ones that got upset because its stopped their early morning bids .

The ammount of members that have come on Forum this last week if 44 is the total of all votes for/against its not upsetting that many of the membership .;):)

44 votes in total in a week ' date='really upsetting loads :D ,it may show most against but who is to say most arnt the ones that got upset because its stopped their early morning bids .

The ammount of members that have come on Forum this last week if 44 is the total of all votes for/against its not upsetting that many of the membership .;):)[/quote']

And who can say that 14 votes for aren't Kelly Family, enjoying their manager skills:D , and the rest are just people that know stuff (Can't do much worse than singing careers:D )

Don't wanna argue here why are so few votes on poll, but you need to admit that the numbers can't be wrong

Anyway what i wanted to say is that i just did this poll to give forumers a chance to express their opinion, which wasn't done prior to this change (on blog or forum). I would say we need to give it some more time, but i will just post here my case with this new transfer system and you pro people won't like this a bit. So here it goes:

And please read this and tell me what you think, and share similar thoughts / cases

1st of all, the blog, and all the explanations on forum says that transfers take around 24 hrs with this new system

The other day i made an offer for Huntelaar, as he is in club that cannot be managed. The offer was around 2-3 pm

I looked around 1 am - not even 12 hrs later, and it was completed transfer, but to another club. And be sure that i was the 1st to bid, as i bid minimum amount, and i am 100% sure that i made the 1st bid.

PS and i voted for this system:D

Great comeback mate,:D

One thing i enjoy when comming on Forum is a good debate and with members that put thought and sense to their replies.

First of all nothing against you but had to remove your ticket replies,sorry but its a no ,members are not allowed to post them on here ,all correspondence is for you and SM only ,even if like you say it was virtually zilch and meaningless for you.

Anyway its now 47 not 44 voted things are picking up .:eek:

Back to the real issue 24/7,i think were both in agreement that if it was doing what they say it was supposed to be doing on the blog then they would have a far better chance of members getting to come to terms and like it than be put of and wanting the old back ,even i took it to mean around the first bid time 24 hrs later.

Reason why i liked it as members know it stopped early bids ,when it was explained they gave examples with the time etc but gave a little leeway by saying around so we knew it wasnt say 22:00 one day and accepted 22:00 ,

Now to me if its 12 hrs then im not to happy because it just means the Goal posts have been moved halfway so still not giving all members a fair crack at the whip because 20-24 window gives all a chance no matter what time zone around the globe.

So what im going to do now which i havnt done is have an experiment with my transfers ,going to put a few bids in my diff set ups with the 10k players no one wants over different times of 24/7 so i know im first bid ,will do this over the next few dys because comming to my dys of shift so i can keep checking on a regular basis,yep wont know the exact time but will be closer to how earlier it does do it,cant really see the AI picking on a certain set up so there should be a pattern because it will be programed ,will keep updated on here how they go .:)

And who can say that 14 votes for aren't Kelly Family' date=' enjoying their manager skills:D , and the rest are just people that know stuff (Can't do much worse than singing careers:D )

Don't wanna argue here why are so few votes on poll, but you need to admit that the numbers can't be wrong

Anyway what i wanted to say is that i just did this poll to give forumers a chance to express their opinion, which wasn't done prior to this change (on blog or forum). I would say we need to give it some more time, but i will just post here my case with this new transfer system and you pro people won't like this a bit. So here it goes:

[center'] And please read this and tell me what you think, and share similar thoughts / cases

[/center]

1st of all, the blog, and all the explanations on forum says that transfers take around 24 hrs with this new system

The other day i made an offer for Huntelaar, as he is in club that cannot be managed. The offer was around 2-3 pm

I looked around 1 am - not even 12 hrs later, and it was completed transfer, but to another club. And be sure that i was the 1st to bid, as i bid minimum amount, and i am 100% sure that i made the 1st bid.

PS and i voted for this system:D

Great comeback mate,:D

One thing i enjoy when comming on Forum is a good debate and with members that put thought and sense to their replies.

First of all nothing against you but had to remove your ticket replies,sorry but its a no ,members are not allowed to post them on here ,all correspondence is for you and SM only ,even if like you say it was virtually zilch and meaningless for you.

Anyway its now 47 not 44 voted things are picking up .:eek:

Back to the real issue 24/7,i think were both in agreement that if it was doing what they say it was supposed to be doing on the blog then they would have a far better chance of members getting to come to terms and like it than be put of and wanting the old back ,even i took it to mean around the first bid time 24 hrs later.

Reason why i liked it as members know it stopped early bids ,when it was explained they gave examples with the time etc but gave a little leeway by saying around so we knew it wasnt say 22:00 one day and accepted 22:00 ,

Now to me if its 12 hrs then im not to happy because it just means the Goal posts have been moved halfway so still not giving all members a fair crack at the whip because 20-24 window gives all a chance no matter what time zone around the globe.

So what im going to do now which i havnt done is have an experiment with my transfers ,going to put a few bids in my diff set ups with the 10k players no one wants over different times of 24/7 so i know im first bid ,will do this over the next few dys because comming to my dys of shift so i can keep checking on a regular basis,yep wont know the exact time but will be closer to how earlier it does do it,cant really see the AI picking on a certain set up so there should be a pattern because it will be programed ,will keep updated on here how they go .:)

Here's a tale...

I wanted to sign Huntelaar, so i negotiated the sale of Antonio Cassano to help pay for it. Now i started the wheels rolling on monday.

I first got asked by another manager if they could have him, i said ok, and so they tried to buy him for 28 million...

I ABD'd it at about 5pm on monday. Tuesday 4pm, their chairman said no. It took two more offers to bring it down to an acceptable price, both taking another 24 hours. Then the signing of Huntelaar itself took only 10 hours.

then before, I sold a player to a random club, off the transfer list, and it took about 6 hours.

I don't like the inconsistency. I don't like waiting 24 hours to see if an offer for a player is acceptable.

When it was overnight transfers, waiting overnight to see if a transfer went through, seemed fair enough, but now it means more and more time.

Surely a chairman of a club would say no as soon as the offer was accepted if they thought it was too much?

One good thing that has come out of it, however, is that if you are putting a deal through on match day, and your wages outweigh your income, the deals can now go through before the match, so if you happen to go into minus, or would not have had enough money for the deal, it can go through. Equally however, if you make a deal at 11pm the night before the match, it could still not have gone through...

annoyingly inconsistent and unauthentic system... but with some fine-tuning, sm could be onto a winner...

Here's a tale...

I wanted to sign Huntelaar' date=' so i negotiated the sale of Antonio Cassano to help pay for it. Now i started the wheels rolling on monday.

I first got asked by another manager if they could have him, i said ok, and so they tried to buy him for 28 million...

I ABD'd it at about 5pm on monday. Tuesday 4pm, their chairman said no. It took two more offers to bring it down to an acceptable price, both taking another 24 hours. Then the signing of Huntelaar itself took only 10 hours.

then before, I sold a player to a random club, off the transfer list, and it took about 6 hours.

I don't like the inconsistency. I don't like waiting 24 hours to see if an offer for a player is acceptable.[/quote']

I know there are a lot of members that dont want showing the max that both chairman will let through first time ,some and i also class me amongst this preferred the old way were both were not shown ,so it took sometimes quite a bit of time to get the player,because you didnt know at first whether you bid under or over.

"those were the days" :D

Trouble being for SM there are always two sides to the coin ,us and the eager beavers,all they want is a bid accepted straight away without any chairman turning it down .

Well i am against this i dont want it that easy that its 100% certain cash bids go through ,i dont mind like others being rejected if we get it wrong .

Please note the latter .

Because that is all that is wrong if a chairman rejects .

SM have introduced a 50-50 for both sides who want it easier and us that dont ,you now have your selling chairmans minimum so you cant bid under but theyve made it even easier than that your also given your chairman value as well ,so if managers are not to greedy and agree just around this ammount or no more than double it will go through 9/10 ,so if there are more than one bid as long as the first dosnt pull out to extend it, and managers start to accept not to squeeze every penny out of the deal they can get then no probs.

What also i find ammusing when members complain about first time rejections by Chairman the answers are in their set ups.

The type of player you are showing above which you said took two more offers well if you check your set up transfers or others that you are in off players that got accepted and completed over that seasons turns this would put you on right track .

Wonder how many managers do that ,also them that do wonder how many say in there eyes well im not selling for that price its to cheap ,so make managers offer a lot more only to be rejected then so not happy.

Only thing 24/7 needs is some sort of consistency ,so will agree with your,

but with some fine-tuning, sm could be onto a winner.:)

I know there are a lot of members that dont want showing the max that both chairman will let through first time ' date='some and i also class me amongst this preferred the old way were both were not shown ,so it took sometimes quite a bit of time to get the player,because you didnt know at first whether you bid under or over.

"those were the days" :D

Trouble being for SM there are always two sides to the coin ,us and the eager beavers,all they want is a bid accepted straight away without any chairman turning it down .

Well i am against this i dont want it that easy that its 100% certain cash bids go through ,i dont mind like others being rejected [b']if we get it wrong .[/b]

Please note the latter .

Because that is all that is wrong if a chairman rejects .

SM have introduced a 50-50 for both sides who want it easier and us that dont ,you now have your selling chairmans minimum so you cant bid under but theyve made it even easier than that your also given your chairman value as well ,so if managers are not to greedy and agree just around this ammount or no more than double it will go through 9/10 ,so if there are more than one bid as long as the first dosnt pull out to extend it, and managers start to accept not to squeeze every penny out of the deal they can get then no probs.

What also i find ammusing when members complain about first time rejections by Chairman the answers are in their set ups.

The type of player you are showing above which you said took two more offers well if you check your set up transfers or others that you are in off players that got accepted and completed over that seasons turns this would put you on right track .

Wonder how many managers do that ,also them that do wonder how many say in there eyes well im not selling for that price its to cheap ,so make managers offer a lot more only to be rejected then so not happy.

Only thing 24/7 needs is some sort of consistency ,so will agree with your,

but with some fine-tuning, sm could be onto a winner.:)

I accept your point about "eager beavers", but the problem is that, money is worth pretty much nothing in our setup, when it comes to quality players, so you want to get as much as you can out of deals, because when you want to buy someone you will need to play over the odds.

My only point, agreeing with you, is that consistency is required, and i think this includes a system for which deals have caps, and which dont.

In a different setup, again with little money value, i offered 10 million + Alou Diarra, and Belluschi for Jao Moutinho, well over hsi chairman value. However i only put it in because the night before, Quaresma was sold for 30 million, Apreciado Cesar and Ivan Cordoba. Both of their SM values are under 10 million... maybe it was a bug in the system but either way, similar deals have gone through before. ridiculous money and 2 good players.

I accept your point about "eager beavers"' date=' but the problem is that, money is worth pretty much nothing in our setup, when it comes to quality players, so you want to get as much as you can out of deals, because when you want to buy someone you will need to play over the odds.

My only point, agreeing with you, is that consistency is required, and i think this includes a system for which deals have caps, and which dont.

In a different setup, again with little money value, i offered 10 million + Alou Diarra, and Belluschi for Jao Moutinho, well over hsi chairman value. However i only put it in because the night before, Quaresma was sold for 30 million, Apreciado Cesar and Ivan Cordoba. Both of their SM values are under 10 million... maybe it was a bug in the system but either way, similar deals have gone through before. ridiculous money and 2 good players.[/quote']

See where your coming from because at the moment even though i dont want a max i think with the CPS getting more sophisticated a lot more members and i am included in this are starting to get more deals stopped by SMFA after a chairman rejection because after two/three bids etc which Chairman still rejects SMFA steps in thinking something dubious.

Many members because the max is hidden can and will easily bid over ,they will want as much as they can get thats normal ,so if some have gone quite a few mill over they tend to come down million at a time .

Therefore if you have bid say 6 mill over then it will take 6 bids but i dont think it allows you this now as in the old days ,therefore im slowly comming around because of this that because you know the minimum before being allowed it should show the max or at least still stop you putting transfer at the same point of bid if over.:)