Official Manchester City Thread 08/09

Daginator MCFC

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Official Manchester City Thread 08/09

Bobo's right' date=' all he's saying is that he wouldn't leave the club in the lurch at the last minute without a replacement. He doesn't actually say he wouldn't leave the club though.[/quote']

...and that he wouldn't set up a press conference to say he wants to leave so badly... ;)

I don't thnk so mate. Originally he wanted to leave Real and go to Chelsea' date=' but you guys failed to meet the minimum asking price and Man City did. Robinho desperately wanted a move out of Real so he had to choose Man City. He had no other choice. ;)

[b']Well i do agree with u saying it is a bit of a joke to say that man city will sign Ronaldo, Villa(he did say that he would never do the Robinho so.....) etc but with the money they now have it is very possible. ;)[/b]

Well i really don't see anyone saying that man city will beat chelsea in this thread. Chelsea do have a really strong team and imo should beat city, but with the signings that city have made they are more than capable of pulling off a shock result. ;)

BTW i see alot of manu fans actually happy that city has signed Robinho and tat they have got super rich owners :eek:. Guys we should be livid at this point of time !!! It is man city we are talking about !!! lol :P

I disagree there m8. Though the managers won't like to sell think about the owners- they would jump at the oppurtunity to accept a 135 million pound offer and I guess many clubs would have lot of infighting:rolleyes:

Villa said he would not do a Robinho - that does not mean he would not leave :confused: :confused:

Yup' date=' he said that he would not leave Valencia like Robinho left Madrid. ;):)

I disagree there m8. Though the managers won't like to sell think about the owners- they would jump at the oppurtunity to accept a 135 million pound offer and I guess many clubs would have lot of infighting:rolleyes:

A manager like SAF would never sale Ronaldo and neither would the owners of manu want to do that. But you are right, quite alot of managers would jump on a big offer and sell even their best player. ;)

Yup' date=' he said that he would not leave like Robinho left Madrid Valencia. ;):)

A manager like SAF would never sale Ronaldo and neither would the owners of manu want to do that. But you are right, quite alot of managers would jump on a big offer and sell even their best player. ;)[/quote']

Mine was a statement rather than a question - I was confused as to why he thought Villa would not leave Valencia, when he never said he wouldn't leave ;)

I don't think Man U would sell Ronaldo to Man C for any price. Likewise that can be said of Real, imo. For Ronaldo to leave a club who doesn't want all the media will have to make a 90m bid.

Makes me laugh how everyone likes man city now since they have been taken over.

Ive supported them all my life through good and bad and we've bought flops such as corradi, samaras etc.

And now we've got taken over and robinho everyone is our best friends and no1 choice.

CTID, and glory hunters can go and suck an egg :D

Such illustrious names as Cristiano Ronaldo, the Manchester United forward, Fernando Torres, the Liverpool striker, Cesc Fàbregas, the Arsenal midfield player, and Ronaldinho, the AC Milan playmaker, have been touted. Claims that City bid £50 million for Torres on Monday are inaccurate, although the club’s would-be owners have flexed their financial muscle further by promising to lay on a private jet to bring back Robinho after Brazil’s match against Bolivia in Rio on Wednesday so that he is as fresh as possible for the game against Chelsea three days later.

from www.mcfc.com

I have supported manchester city since i was 3 i think, thats when i got my first shirt anyway. And i was amazed when we bought Anelka!

Quote- Josh Dagnall -

OMG we spent 13m pounds on someone!!!!!!!!! lets get goals Nick!!!!!

lol

"Noel Gallagher: It's nice to know that every gallon of petrol a Man United fan buys is going into our kitty"

Oasis star Noel Gallagher is rubbing his hands with glee at the thought of Manchester City's coffers growing every time a United fan buys petrol.

But he reckons even the megarich new owners from oil state Abu Dhabi have no chance of snatching superstar Cristiano Ronaldo from their arch rivals.

The lifelong City fan, right, said the takeover had finally repaid his 40-year loyalty to the club.

Gallagher, whose band are touring Canada, only found out when pals texted him from the UK.

He said: "They were telling me to put on the news, we've been bought by some Arab prince.

"I was laughing at first, thinking I can't quite believe it, and just before we went on stage I found out we've signed Robinho. I can only assume they've offered him a fortune because there is no other reason he'd come to City from Real Madrid - we're not even in the Champions League."

Gallagher, who was raised in the city's Burnage area, added: "It'll be nice to know that every gallon of petrol a Manchester United fan buys is going into our kitty."

But he thinks no amount of money would persuade Ronaldo to switch to City, despite the £135million bid they are said to have made.

The guitarist conceded: "The last place in the world Ronaldo is going to come to is here."

However, he offered the services of his band, whose hits include the song Wonderwall.

He joked: "I'm available for any parties they want me to play at if they're throwing that kind of money around."

from The Mirror and mcfc.com

Guys' date=' please don't be happy with Robinho's signing, he's a disgrace to football. He moved to city to get a better pay. Don't be shocked if he moves to Chelsea in January.[/quote']

I don't see how you can call him a disgrace to football, he asked for a transfer request and ended up moving clubs, he was hardly the only player to do that over the summer. I don't think that it was all about the money, I think it was the fact that he wanted away from Real Madrid more than anything else, it just so happened it was Man City that ended up being his way out.

I can't see him moving to Chelsea in January, with the money that City have now, they have no reason to sell. I also don't think that he would just sign for City just so he can wait a couple of months with the hope of Chelsea still wanting him in January.

Do you actually expect to get Ronaldo' date=' Ronny, Kaka, Messi, etc ???

Thats a joke !!! Getting one of those players is itself a difficult task and you expect to get all of them !!!.[/quote']

I agree that it is unlikely that City will sign the mentioned players, but with the new owners making their intentions clear, making City the biggest club in the world, and with the financial backing they have, it is only a matter of time until some of the bigger players sign up. Same thing happened with Chelsea a few years back, Chelsea couldn't always attract the bigger names until Abramovich came along, now look at them.

Also you think you would be able to beat Chelsea in the next match' date=' can you just tell me how ??[/quote']

By scoring more goals than Chelsea was my initial thought :rolleyes:

In what way is your team stronger than Chelsea ???? Don't forget that you have Ben Haim and SWP' date=' who actually turn out to be former under performers at Chelsea.[/quote']

I don't think anyone is disputing that Chelsea has a better team on paper, however football is played on grass, not paper. The better team doesn't always win ;)

Grow up guys' date=' Robinho's presence alone doesn't make your team invincible.[/quote']

It might just be me but I would have thought that since the takeover it was the direction that the club is going in is more appealing than one signing. I doubt any City fan thinks that Robinho will make them invincible, I would have thought City fans view the signing more as a sign of things to come rather than just a single signing.

Bobo's right' date=' all he's saying is that he wouldn't leave the club in the lurch at the last minute without a replacement. He doesn't actually say he wouldn't leave the club though.[/quote']

I wasn't surprised that Villa didn't move, and I doubt him to move anytime soon. I think he signed a six year contract with Valencia over the summer, which always gave me the impression that he wasn't going anywhere. I think I read somewhere that he would never force the club to sell him, and after Real Madrid's offer got rejected despite Valencia's apparent financial difficulties shows that they are in no hurry to let him go and describe him as the clubs "emblem". I think I also read that his wife was happy in Valencia and didn't want to move to Madrid or away from Spain, another reason I can't see him moving soon.

I would have rather preferred the Arabs not to have taken over.. With Mark Hughes at the helm, the club looked to be going in the right direction, with Jo, SWP, Kompany, Zabaleta, Ben Haim coming in. The squad looked sufficiently strong enough to secure UEFA Cup place for next season and have a good run in the UEFA cup, probably. But now, with Robinho and the Arabs' arrival, expectations have risen exponentially, and it feels like Chelsea all over again (whom I started to dislike after their mega spending spree). I dunno whether Robinho would shine or flop (I certainly hope its the former), but I think City's expectations now, to be the best club in the world, seems a bit hollow with the squad bought like this. I'd prefer Hughes to show his transfer acumen and show that he can work wonders with City and slowly build up his squad, but now, with the Arabs' looking to undermine him and even bring in Mancini, I feel that the Arabs' takeover may not have been as good as it seems.

I would have rather preferred the Arabs not to have taken over.. With Mark Hughes at the helm' date=' the club looked to be going in the right direction, with Jo, SWP, Kompany, Zabaleta, Ben Haim coming in. The squad looked sufficiently strong enough to secure UEFA Cup place for next season and have a good run in the UEFA cup, probably. But now, with Robinho and the Arabs' arrival, expectations have risen exponentially, and it feels like Chelsea all over again (whom I started to dislike after their mega spending spree). I dunno whether Robinho would shine or flop (I certainly hope its the former), but I think City's expectations now, to be the best club in the world, seems a bit hollow with the squad bought like this. I'd prefer Hughes to show his transfer acumen and show that he can work wonders with City and slowly build up his squad, but now, with the Arabs' looking to undermine him and even bring in Mancini, I feel that the Arabs' takeover may not have been as good as it seems.[/quote']

Are u actually mad u can buy whoever u want, and become the only team in manchester , never struggling for results , no relagation.

Are u actually mad u can buy whoever u want' date=' and become the [b']only team in manchester[/b] , never struggling for results , no relagation.

sorry if i m being rude here but did u actually say that?

"only team in manchester , never struggling for results , no relagation.

"

dude r u drunk? i mean... From when did Manchester United Start to struggle for Results or even be in the bottom half of the battle leave aside relegation and stuff.

Only team in manchester u say..... Even if Man City buy 20 or 30 World Class Players They can never Become MANCHESTER UNITED so just think a lil before u post such non-sense statements.

sorry if i m being rude here but did u actually say that?

"only team in manchester ' date=' never struggling for results , no relagation.

"[/b']

dude r u drunk? i mean... From when did Manchester United Start to struggle for Results or even be in the bottom half of the battle leave aside relegation and stuff.

Only team in manchester u say..... Even if Man City buy 20 or 30 World Class Players They can never Become MANCHESTER UNITED so just think a lil before u post such non-sense statements.

Not man utd i mean man city struggling, Bloody Hell utd fans not very bright are u. Its obvious im saying that man city hav performed bad in the past E.g. wen they got relagated to Div 3.

Also they will not become man utd becus the name well derr, but they will be bigger than man utd in 2-3 seasons a lot bigger

Not man utd i mean man city struggling' date=' [b']Bloody Hell[/b] utd fans not very bright are u. Its obvious im saying that man city hav performed bad in the past E.g. wen they got relagated to Div 3.

Also they will not become man utd becus the name well derr, but they will be bigger than man utd in 2-3 seasons a lot bigger

I beg to differ,but 2 or even 3 seasons will not be able to permanently supress United.

I mean even when Chelsea started their mega spending spree, United were in the background, watching and waiting.

Over time, United, even with the inferior club on paper, managed to submerge and take over the mantle of the best club in England once again(In europe what the heck!).

I dont know about the beyond 3 seasons because SAF will be gone, but it will take a longer time to become the better club in Manchester.

Besides anyway, Chelsea had the best coach in the world and City have a slighly better than average Mark Hughes, whom I respect but is only fit to manage a club like City.

And as for saying a lot bigger, I think you should get your head checked(lol, joiking:eek: ;):D ) because 10 times richer or not,United will still be silently spending their 30m a summer.

Plus, not even this season, will City make a CL spot,Aston Villa are better and Tottenham will get over ttheir usual 2 points in 5 games start to the season and start to play the good football theier starts possess under the titelage of such a great coach as Jaunde.

Man City - 6th this season, they may even be something like 10th with a gap between 9th before the january transfer window...

I beg to differ' date='but 2 or even 3 seasons will not be able to permanently supress United.

I mean even when Chelsea started their mega spending spree, United were in the background, watching and waiting.

Over time, United, even with the inferior club on paper, managed to submerge and take over the mantle of the best club in England once again(In europe what the heck!).

I dont know about the beyond 3 seasons because SAF will be gone, but it will take a longer time to become the better club in Manchester.

Besides anyway, Chelsea had the best coach in the world and City have a slighly better than average Mark Hughes, whom I respect but is only fit to manage a club like City.

And as for saying a lot bigger, I think you should get your head checked(lol, joiking:eek: ;):D ) because 10 times richer or not,United will still be silently spending their 30m a summer.

Plus, not even this season, will City make a CL spot,Aston Villa are better and Tottenham will get over ttheir usual 2 points in 5 games start to the season and start to play the good football theier starts possess under the titelage of such a great coach as Jaunde.

Man City - 6th this season, they may even be something like 10th with a gap between 9th before the january transfer window...[/quote']

U cant compare chelsea to man city becus Abramovich has about 12 billion but abu daibi group hav an epic 500 billion, also ofcourse they wont get champions league this year but once players in the world here about wot city hav they will flock to there, jus look at robinho chelsea lacked the power to take him others will follow

U cant compare chelsea to man city becus Abramovich has about 12 billion but abu daibi group hav an epic 500 billion' date=' also ofcourse they wont get champions league this year but once players in the world here about wot city hav they will flock to there, jus look at robinho chelsea lacked the power to take him others will follow[/quote']

Mate imo players will not flock to city just because of the cash. For eg Villa said he would not come. Plus some managers like SAF would do anything tio make sure that their baest players stay with them and do not leave. Yes some of the big names might sign, but even if they do there is no gurantee that they will all be able to play together in one team. It is very possible that mancity will be on par with the other big names like united etc. but it is not going to be easy by any means. Money does not always gurantee u success. ;):)

The Mirror

"Manchester City line up move for German ace Lukas Podolski"

Manchester City have made Germany striker Lukas Podolski their next major target as they bid to turn the club into a Premier League superpower.

The Bayern Munich marksman is one of European football's most prolific frontmen but cannot get a game with the German champions after moving from FC Cologne in 2006.

After landing Brazilian striker Robinho for £32.5million from under the noses of Chelsea, City's new Arab owners are ready to bankroll the captures of Europe's top talents.

But Valencia hitman David Villa has dismissed their interest, insisting he would never leave the Spanish giants purely for money.

Manchester United have dismissed suggestions they would sell Cristiano Ronaldo to City while Arsenal would not countenance selling Cesc Fabregas to them. As such the Blues have adjusted their sights to take in more achievable targets.

Podolski, 23, would still represent a major coup as he has smashed a staggering 30 goals in 56 matches.

He is far superior to Germany team-mate and Stuttgart striker Mario Gomez, who City tried to buy on Deadline Day, and admitted: "Everything is possible."

Podolski added: "I would be a bad footballer if I contented myself by sitting on the bench.

I could tolerate it if it was a case of two or three weeks, but there comes a point when one has to draw the line and say: 'This is too much! I'm not making any progress here'."

Podolski has gone on record recently suggesting he could leave Bayern in January if he is not playing regularly.

Boss Mark Hughes has vowed to protect City's production line of young talent, despite being handed limitless sums to tempt the world's best to Eastlands.

City's highly-rated Academy set-up has produced 26 firstteam players, including Micah Richards, Michael Johnson, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Daniel Sturridge since its inception in 1998.

But City's new-found wealth following last week's takeover by Abu Dhabi United Group has rocketed the club into the market for global stars.

Hughes said: "It's vitally important every successful team has a group of players that have a real empathy and feeling for the club.

"We certainly have that with the lads that have come through from the Academy - it is producing top-quality players.

"That will continue and we could have the means now to enhance that operation. With more funds behind them they could produce even better players."

British record signing Robinho could make his debut against Chelsea on Saturday - the club he rejected - if he returns unscathed from World Cup duty with Brazil. He is due in Manchester on Friday.

Another decent player looking to come to city and i can see podolski being a very realistic signing.

Another decent player looking to come to city and i can see podolski being a very realistic signing.

I have to agree with you.He has openly hinted he wants to leave and its now only up to Mark hughes now.

I dont see his depature being a major problem for Bayern as they could easily acquire another fringe player like Keissling or even Gomez, so well done Hughes and I do hope you get him, as the scales are certainly tiped your way now.

Guest King Kolo

U cant compare chelsea to man city becus Abramovich has about 12 billion but abu daibi group hav an epic 500 billion' date=' also ofcourse they wont get champions league this year but once players in the world here about wot city hav they will flock to there, jus look at robinho chelsea lacked the power to take him others will follow[/quote']

I don't know why Your Posting here?

Abramovich has at Least 25 Billion and the Abu Dhabi Group have 600-800.

Don't Post about Something you have no Idea About. ;)

Ha ha .... good one mate...:P :p :P :p

he was living in his own world this could get him out of his dreamland. :P :p :P :p :P

but in assets they have over 2 trillion lol hehehe :D

but i think players that city should be after should be players like:

podolski

gomez

kuranyi

diego (possably)

flamini

bently

modric

naldo

akinfeev

stekelenburg

people of that standard and then maybe move on to bigger players.

but in assets they have over 2 trillion lol hehehe :D

but i think players that city should be after should be players like:

podolski

gomez

kuranyi

diego (possably)

flamini

bently

modric

naldo

akinfeev

stekelenburg

people of that standard and then maybe move on to bigger players.

Flamini, Bentley, Modric all moved this summer to big clubs and first team football... not sure why they would move again... but I agree with the level of players you are aiming at.