Will Man City become the next chelsea??

After a dubi company took over manchester city this morning man city have been going crazy with a 30 mil bid accpeted for berba. With these new people taking over manchester city are 10 times richer than abramovich will man city buy there way to sucsess like chelsea did. Now we all no that abramovich has worked wonders by giving all his managers money and they have spent it well buying many top class players and they have unlimited wage budget but the manchester city bored who are 10 x richer will they do a chelsea and spend spend spend to gain sucsess. A top 4 finish is expected this season is that a little to much? 3 years time the new owners want manchester city the biggest club in England and Champions league winners realistic ? can they buy there way to sucsess? Will hughes still be incharge if they dont make the top 4?

Veiws?.....

Re: Will Man City become the next chelsea?

They have the financial power to get into the top 4 now but it comes with its bad points. These kind of people wont hesitate to get rid of the manager if it isnt going to plan and in a way want to manage the team aswell. It might bring sucess on the pitch but it can also bring turmoil off the pitch. When teams start signing players for big money there will be big ego's at Man City and you dont know if they will get on with each other. If the new owners let Hughes get on with the job i think they can break into the top 4 in the near future with this level of financial power.

Re: Will Man City become the next chelsea??

After a dubi company took over manchester city this morning man city have been going crazy with a 30 mil bid accpeted for berba. With these new people taking over manchester city are 10 times richer than abramovich will man city buy there way to sucsess like chelsea did. Now we all no that abramovich has worked wonders by giving all his managers money and they have spent it well buying many top class players and they have unlimited wage budget but the manchester city bored who are 10 x richer will they do a chelsea and spend spend spend to gain sucsess. A top 4 finish is expected this season is that a little to much? 3 years time the new owners want manchester city the biggest club in England and Champions league winners realistic ? can they buy there way to sucsess? Will hughes still be incharge if they dont make the top 4?

Veiws?.....

Nice thread mate. ;) Well imo man city are definately heading in the direction of being the next Chelsea. They just bought Robinho for 32 odd million pounds. And were linked with a couple other really big names. With the kind of money the new owners have brough in it is very possible that man city wil be the next big club in England. Top for premier league finish will be possible. But then again as Liam said it is very likely that there ill be problems with the owners and the managers and if the managers fail to get them the silverware they will get the sack. ;)

We will jusrt have to wait and watch as to what happens to manchester city over the next couple of seaons. Keep your eyes open in the Jan transfer window. I really would not be surprised to see them signing a really big name. ;):D

Man City may well become the next Chelsea but to be honest I'm fed up with the Premiership becoming the billionaires playground.

The new owners have been quoted as saying they will buy at least 18 players which doesn't inspire much confidence in the playing staff that they already have, especially not the youth players. With so much money likely to spent at Man City Im sure the likes of Hart, Fernandes, Etuhu, Sturridge etc will be replaced by who ever Man City throw enough transfer cash and wages at to get them to the Eastlands.

This will be another team with few English players, full of over-priced foreigners sticking around whilst their pockets are filled.. Lets face it Robinho probably only thought there was one team in Manchester last night before the £32 million pound bid... This isnt good for the English national team as it will be another Premiership club where its even harder to break through..

Im starting to become an Aston Villa fan now where they have money to spend but they spend it wisely and seem to be going for an English approach. Even Arsenal will have more English players in their team than some of these billionaires play things in a couple of years!

Do you think that because they r now loaded in real life SM will issue them with a big transfer budget when new setups are created?

lolol we wish, they don't with Chelsea so I doubt they will with City.

But on another note, no club at the moment in the top 6 of the Prem can say they didn't buy there way to the position they are currently in.

You'v got Man Utd with their feeder club Spurs, Chelsea with thier feeder club West Ham ect.

All the big clubs buy there players young nowadays take a gamble and then disregaurd the player if they don't think they are good enough. Thats not bringing a player through the youth system, thats poaching from clubs who have bought the players through, and I see FIFA are talking about not allowing transfers below the age of 17 or 18 I think and proper compensation for the training club so you don't get another situation like when Bostock went from Palace to Spurs and Palace clearly didn't get a big enough fee for the work they had put into the player.

Do you think that because they r now loaded in real life SM will issue them with a big transfer budget when new setups are created?

I dont know, but I'm pretty sure that in the next 7 months the rush for City will not be as much as the need for Liverpool or Bayern or even Atletico, and thats because City have a medium stadium, and I just have a feeling that even with players as good as Liverpool's standards, they will still not be good enough for the top 4 in at least 2 seasons, and I respect Mark Hughes, but he is nowehere near as good as AW,SAF, Scolari,Rafa, or even Juande Ramos.

Having said this, I think that Mark has signed his death warrant by signing for City in these new circumstances, and will now be the next Allardyce ans Pearce looking for a job after Manchester find themselves 10th by January.

Quality players don't necessarily means automatic success (for those of you who think Man City will break into the top 4 - haven't read the topic so don't even know if there are any of you lol). Tottenham signed loads of quality over the summer, but it will be a delayed effect as it will take a few months for the players to gel. This happened with Leeds, signed 7 new players in January, almost all became regulars but it took them 1-2 months before they started to get results.

Man city certainly have financial power without a doubt but they must still buy wisely. No point in buying players just because u have money to spend. And IMO they didn't really need Robinho considering they have good wingers,they needed a good central midfielder. But the thing is once they identify their target it shouldn't be difficult to get them

It's common knowledge than money usually means success in football. If the new owner is serious about this, then it's only a matter of time before City are up there with United and Chelsea. They won't be top 4 this season, but they could well be next season if Arsenal keep up their current trend of selling key players and hoping kids can get the job done. Planning for the future is all well and good, but if you neglect the present, these future stars will all be heading for more successful clubs once they establish themselves. City should be challenging for the title within 2-3 years, depending on how quickly they start bringing the players in.

On the subject of Tottenham, with all due respect the players City will be looking to sign will be a level above the players Spurs signed (maybe with the exception of Modric). ;)

Man city certainly have financial power without a doubt but they must still buy wisely. No point in buying players just because u have money to spend. And IMO they didn't really need Robinho considering they have good wingers' date='they needed a good central midfielder. But the thing is once they identify their target it shouldn't be difficult to get them[/quote']

i think manchester city needed robinho, he can score goals when needed which is what man city needs.

i mean everyone is saying that hes not fitt for the premeirship and that his career is ruined at man city.

but people would not be saying this if he went to chelsea.

i think that people who are badmouthing his move are just jealous.

Man City must be absolutely loaded! At one point last night, Man City were prepared to spend £120m on players. Villa, Berbatov, Robinho and Gomez all had bids submitted for them by Man City. But here's a question, whats gonna happen to Jo? Cos heres the Man City strikers:

Robinho

Jo

Sturridge

Vassell

Benjani

Bojinov (crocked)

Evans

I assume Man City play 4-5-1 as they have Petrov, Johnson, Elano, Ireland and SWP, so is Jo gonna be consigned to the bench?

Man City must be absolutely loaded! At one point last night' date=' Man City were prepared to spend £120m on players. Villa, Berbatov, Robinho and Gomez all had bids submitted for them by Man City. But here's a question, whats gonna happen to Jo? Cos heres the Man City strikers:

Robinho

Jo

Sturridge

Vassell

Benjani

Bojinov (crocked)

Evans

I assume Man City play 4-5-1 as they have Petrov, Johnson, Elano, Ireland and SWP, so is Jo gonna be consigned to the bench?[/quote']

On Channel 4 news it said something like the Man Utd owners have around £1.5 billion, why Man City's new owners have around £26 billion.