Tactics Page

Burrow27

Just to mention a small change to the site, the tactics page has been altered slightly, the team selection screen only has the names of the players (no condition, form, position) so that it is less cluttered. It'll take me a while to adjust, as I would just look at the player names for positions etc. but it looks better.

Re: Tactics Page

It's a nice cosmetic change I agree. No doubt the usual people will complain but I say if you're lasy to have the Squad page open in a different tab to find out fitness' date=' etc, you don't deserve to win anyway.

All they need now is the player pics instead of the shirt numbers.[/quote']

There's a fitness on the ride side, in the player list area, so i really like this change. It has free up the pitch and i think it looks better this way

Sorry but I dont think this is an improvement. It was easier having the player rating and fitness levels under the name and it wasnt cluttered.

It doesnt take much effort to keep looking across and back but it is a pain and was simply easier the way it is before to see who was fit/unfit, who was banned/cup tied, and to quickly look at the rating of the players you selected compared the players on the squad list.

Now if you have a big first team squad and you scroll down you lose the ability to see the rating of your first 11 because its not shown on the pitch and youve scrolled past the first 11 and subs...

Please change it back or at least give us an option to be able to chose which was we like it!

It's a nice cosmetic change I agree. No doubt the usual people will complain but I say if you're lasy to have the Squad page open in a different tab to find out fitness' date=' etc, you don't deserve to win anyway.

All they need now is the player pics instead of the shirt numbers.[/quote']

First of all i agree with you, this is a nice cosmetic change IMO although it is something that won't suit all, some will say it makes it look too plain and open others like myself will believe it has tidied it up and you don't have to open up the squad page in a separate window all of the usual data is still displayed on the right hand side of the screen.

Although i disagree with you about the player pics as a further improvement. If you managed a team like Brentford at the beginning of the season you would see a lot of blank pictures which would make the field look ugly, and many pictures which aren't blank are ugly to look at. So i think it should be stayed the way it currently is. ;)

I've just been doing my tactics for a cup game and its slowed the whole process down for me :(

Also when doing your substitutions you can't see the ratings without hovering the cursor over each player - again slowing the process down :( It's the same for the player assignments tab too... if you're not controlling your favourite team you won't neccesarily know the ratings of every player... :(

Its the same for the player assignments tab... if youre not controlling your favourite team you wont neccesarily know the ratings of every player... :(

I didn't think about that to be honest although it only takes about 2 or 3 seconds to hover over each shirt and usually once you have set your player assignments at the beginning of the season you only have to change them once or twice throughout the season.

Still a good improvement IMO. :)

Its a visual improvement but technically I think it's a change for the worse.

As for only changing one or two things per season, with cup games I just rested my entire 1st team and now I'm tinkering with putting the 1st team players back in. Not only this but I have to juggle cup tied players, injured players and non match fit players so its not one or two players switches really.

(and SM just went down for maintainance - thank god I managed to do that cup team in time - hope I didnt have too many other teams with cup matches :( )

As I already pointed out, if you have a large first team and you scroll down the players list you can't see the ratings of the players you're replacing - not everyone knows their individual players rating or fitness off by heart.

This change just makes the process slightly longer and slightly more annoying, yes you can hover over each player to highlight their details but its drawing out what was a simplier process.

I think that this 'improvement' should and hopefully will be quietly dumped ASAP. Maybe cosmetically more pleasing on the eye, just not very helpful if you have more than 11 players in your team. Could some of these new alleged 'improvement' be made switchable like the other tactics pages option is?. Just far too difficult to see if you have a player out of position or a better options on the bench. Seems purely change for change's sake as certainly doesn't add anything to the playability.

Unless of course it's real purpose is as a back door way of reducing squad sizes? :rolleyes:

Sorry but I have to say I am finding this really frustrating. It just slows things down.

Possibly a compromise of at least having the player rating underneath would be better?

Could we not at least have the option to have things the old way? At the end of the day practicality surely has to come above cosmetics.

Please do something quickly and discreetly SM because this is unusually a frustrating and pointless 'Improvement'.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

If anyone actually visits the SM Improvements & New Features page you will notice a future improvement called 'Improved Tactics' or you may well call it 'Advanced Tactics'. I am amazed that no one has put two and two together and thought "Wait a minute they could possibly be introducing 'Advanced Tactics' shortly which could include in-game formation changes etc etc and this is only the start of it, and that is the reason why they have changed the tactics page!"

If anyone actually visits the SM Improvements & New Features page you will notice a future improvement called 'Improved Tactics' or you may well call it 'Advanced Tactics'. I am amazed that no one has put two and two together and thought "Wait a minute they could possibly be introducing 'Advanced Tactics' shortly which could include in-game formation changes etc etc and this is only the start of it' date=' and that is the reason why they have changed the tactics page!"[/quote']

Sorry Ste, but there's nothing to click there regarding tactics. It don't have a link to see anything meant by this change.

People are reacting because the tactics change currently introduced makes the whole process of actually doing your tactics slower and more annoying, if its only one part of a tactics change then why not wait and implement the whole change in one go so that people can then react to the whole idea.

There are many coming changes but people can only judge each aspect of SM as it is, not how it might be...

People are reacting because the tactics change currently introduced makes the whole process of actually doing your tactics slower and more annoying' date=' if its only one part of a tactics change then why not wait and implement the whole change in one go so that people can then react to the whole idea.

There are many coming changes but people can only judge each aspect of SM as it is, not how it might be...[/quote']

Agreed. If you are getting ready to incorporate the advanced tactics element... well just wait for this to be introduced. Don't take away features that people are using now and will continue to use until the advanced tactics are online. The current tactics setup is making it very slow and painstaking to set tactics. Just put them back until the advanced tactics is ready :P