Robinho - Will he Drop?

Seftinho

Now Robinho has joined City (just confirmed in last few seconds), will he drop?

He'll have to play outstanding, week in, week out to keep his 95 rating whilst out of the Champions League.

And there was me thinking that perhaps he could hit 96 this season at Real or Chelsea (when I signed him to replace Ronaldo in my Man Utd team, who I swapped for Torres, Carragher and £10m, which I then used to buy Yaya Toure).

And where will he play? On the wing, or up front? If he turns to an F, I'm well and truly screwed, as I have Rooney there, with Pato backing up. Don't need 2 95+ F's. :(

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Robinho - Will he Drop?

well ribery last season proved that players in the uefa cup doing well in their domestic leagues can hit 95, so he could stay. if i were you i'd transfer list him and try to get someone who has potential to rise (silva, quaresma, simao) plus another decent talent - all the hype around robinho will make some daft managers in your setup make crazy offers for him, so you may as well take advantage of it

Glad I sold Robinho last season in one of my GC's. Cash + Yaya Toure + Robben I think it was :)

Now Robinho has joined City (just confirmed in last few seconds)' date=' will he drop?

He'll have to play outstanding, week in, week out to keep his 95 rating whilst out of the Champions League.

And there was me thinking that perhaps he could hit 96 this season at Real or Chelsea (when I signed him to replace Ronaldo in my Man Utd team, who I swapped for Torres, Carragher and £10m, which I then used to buy Yaya Toure).

And where will he play? On the wing, or up front? If he turns to an F, I'm well and truly screwed, as I have Rooney there, with Pato backing up. Don't need 2 95+ F's. :([/quote']

Robinho most certainly will drop' date=' he is not a premier league sort of player, not the physical game which he dislikes. He will most definitely suffer from Schevchenko-itis, and soon will be a 90-92 player.

And from the real madrid aspect, Robinho is many things that I can't state on this forum.:mad:[/quote']

Think you should give robinho a chance first he hasn't even kicked a ball yet the criticism seems a bit harsh really if he performs in league and uefa cup think he will be in region of 95-96 still he made it clear that if he stopped at Madrid he would not perform he also seems a sulker which would off had his rating dropped anyway abu dhabi seems quite clear about what he wants at Manchester city and I think robinho will be joined by a host off stars in January window and next summer this is the start off something big for them I know you will be upset at losing him but he will never be a 90 cheers

Do you not understand my post' date=' if you have seen him play, he is too weak for the Premiership. His Career is over.[/quote']

yes mate I understand I have seen him play on tv and I think he will be fine 95-96 even higher like I said and Steve blade man city ate gonna be 1 off the biggest clubs in the world I think there team will be full off stars soon I know your gonna be upset cause you've lost 1 off your best players but personally I'm delighted to see him in prem and I support a championship side

Whether or not he's playing Champions League football, Robinho has never shown the form of a 95 rated player. He is overrated one way or another. On a bit of a different topic, Robinho could turn out to be a very very nice signing. Look at Deco, who is not the physical type, yet he uses his superior ball skills to make a great impact on the game. Robinho could affect the game similarly. What's more, as a winger, or as a second striker, Robinho doesn't have to be physically strong, as long as he is a step faster than his opponent and has good ball skills.

You lot are all moaning about Robinho going down because he's moved to Manchester City, a so-called weaker club, but think about one name: Juan Roman Riquelme. He's on loan I believe to Boca Juniors, and they ain't exactly the biggest of worldwide names. Yet his rating is still 95. Then complain about Robinho going down :confused:

Robinho is a good signing for Manchester City, and that's coming from a partial United fan. As for rating, unless he plays the worst football of his life, he'll stay in my opinion

I assume City must play Robinho as a striker b/c they have Elano, Petrov, and Wright-Phillips to play out wide. Also, they've got Jo, Caicedo, Vassell and Benjani, although currently injured, to play upfront. It's quite interesting how Hughes plans to put together this strike force. I'm really surprised Hughes didn't try to buy a CM that has a strong physical presence on the field. Hamann is getting very very old, and won't be able to play 30+ games this season, or even a full 90 minutes in two or three games in a row. They're really lacking experience in the center, and getting someone like Appiah would help them exponentially.

I assume City must play Robinho as a striker b/c they have Elano' date=' Petrov, and Wright-Phillips to play out wide. Also, they've got Jo, Caicedo, Vassell and Benjani, although currently injured, to play upfront. It's quite interesting how Hughes plans to put together this strike force. I'm really surprised Hughes didn't try to buy a CM that has a strong physical presence on the field. Hamann is getting very very old, and won't be able to play 30+ games this season, or even a full 90 minutes in two or three games in a row. They're really lacking experience in the center, and getting someone like Appiah would help them exponentially.[/quote']

yeah true mate but ill think you'll find a lot off stars at city in jan there hands where tied with time on transfer day

Yes, Robinho will drop because he moved to a smaller club? No. Exactly not. He hasn't played a game for City yet, to see if his rating of 95 is justified. If he does well at his new club, say score a few goals, and assist well, then he will keep his 95. Or did you all not consider this? All because he moved to Manchester City, doesn't mean that his rating will drop. Just because Berbatov moved to Manchester United, will he rise now?

Waste of a thread Seft.

Stevie aren't City in the UEFA cup? so thats Europe. There are players rated 95 or higher like Nesta, Kaka, Villa, Ronaldinho so theoretically shouldn't they go down too?

Robinho has not kicked a ball for City yet so don't go turning a blind eye when ya haven't seen him play. Sparky (don't get any ideas Mitu! :D) is doing a good job at City and is attracting names like Kompany, SWP and Jo so that's an idea as to where City are aiming for. Robinho's first game could be against Chelsea! What a game! :eek:

You lot are all moaning about Robinho going down because he's moved to Manchester City' date=' a so-called weaker club, but think about one name: Juan Roman Riquelme. He's on loan I believe to Boca Juniors, and they ain't exactly the biggest of worldwide names. Yet his rating is still 95. Then complain about Robinho going down :confused:

Robinho is a good signing for Manchester City, and that's coming from a partial United fan. As for rating, unless he plays the worst football of his life, he'll stay in my opinion[/quote']

this is posably the best post i have seen in ages.

very experianced and well thought out.

i agree fully.

P.S. I AM FRIEKING EXSTATIC THAT MAN CITY HAVE ROBIINHO!!!:D

yea i think his stay the same cuz he wont play in champions league but the way i see it even kaka pirlo and nesta playing for ac milan also wont play champions league this season so i dont think it should make a difference for robinho plus we already no wat he is capable of..... and till jan manchester city might have a few problems stayin n top 4 with teams like chelsea liverpool manu and arsenal who all seem to be doing pretty alright

Yes' date=' Robinho will drop because he moved to a smaller club? No. Exactly not. He hasn't played a game for City yet, to see if his rating of 95 is justified. If he does well at his new club, say score a few goals, and assist well, then he will keep his 95. Or did you all not consider this? All because he moved to Manchester City, doesn't mean that his rating will drop. Just because Berbatov moved to Manchester United, will he rise now?

Waste of a thread Seft.[/quote']

I completely agree with your post there Ross, just because he has moved to a smaller club it doesn't mean he should drop. I mean if he moved down to play for someone in the Championship then his rating would drop but he is still playing at the same level he would have been if he moved to Chelsea so it is beyond me why everyone is saying "Oh no i just bought him for my team" etc, because you don't know he is even going to drop yet. ;)

Can a smaller team (yet in a massive league) not have the top players??

Yes' date=' Robinho will drop because he moved to a smaller club? No. Exactly not. He hasn't played a game for City yet, to see if his rating of 95 is justified. If he does well at his new club, say score a few goals, and assist well, then he will keep his 95. Or did you all not consider this? All because he moved to Manchester City, doesn't mean that his rating will drop. Just because Berbatov moved to Manchester United, will he rise now?

Waste of a thread Seft.[/quote']

Waste of a thread? I don't think so. I wanted to know what others thought on Robinho and whether he would drop or not, and now I've found out. Certainly helped me, and possibly others with Robinho in their squad.

And for the record, I haven't once stated he will drop. I was just asking what other thoughts.