Setup Overview

mrme17

First of all, I do concede and agree that this new page certainly does have its uses. To some managers, at least.

However, I would just like to suggest having the club overview as the main page, as opposed to this, as it is simply a lot more useful. Of course, I'm not suggesting that this page be taken away, far from it, as I'm sure many managers can find a use for this. It's just that I'm pretty sure most if not all managers would find the club overview page a lot more useful.

For example, we can instantly view our last 5 messages, check out our last match report, and view at a glance all our transfers. Surely more useful than checking out the top managers/transfers? Should any manager really want to check those out, he can always use that extra click to take him to that page.

I would just like to end off by saying the club overview page is more generically useful, that's all.

Re: Setup Overview

I am not discussing about it, and the focus of my thread is not how good or bad this new 'improvement' is.

I am merely suggesting a change to the status quo, which is what I presume this sub-forum is about?

I'm not exactly a veteran so I'm not sure about this either; I am just posting according to what is written under the sub-forum description.

New Improvements & Features

Once SM have introduced ANY new improvement or feature to SoccerManager.com we will create a new thread to let you know.

Suggestions & Improvements

If you would like to discuss any suggestions or improvements in relation to the game with other members, please post here. However, for your suggestion to be reviewed by SM please submit it to SM Suggestions (please log in first).

This exact topic is being discussed on another thread

what use is there behind creating a new one

for the exact same purpose :confused:

Anyway i agree with your viewin Making the Club Overview page

the main page vs. the Setup Overview

As do some others on the other thread :rolleyes:

Yep but it should be being discussed under here ,the other board is supposed to be for SM to let us all know ,but dont worry even i had to decide which one should remain open ,and its what stated under the boards that decided it .:)

We have been listening to feedback from the forum and have made some changes in relation to this.

When selecting a club you land on the club overview page like you used to and incorporated on that page is the 'Setup News Feed'. The other information can still be gathered by using the top menu.

Thanks so much! Glad to hear that SM actually do listen to feedback and make, or rather reverse, changes :)

Also on the setup bar' date=' I think instead of having 4 different links, just have one link called Setup, with the other 4 links coming off it (like Transfers with TL, LL, Search and All Transfers coming off it). Minor I know, but makes the drop down smaller.

[/quote']

Thanks for adding this. :)

But i'm not sure about the new club overview page. I preferred it as it was, with the Setup Overview and Club Overview on seperate pages. I preferred the last 5 messages in the middle.

But then again that's just me being fussy and others may disagree.

Also' date=' why has the link been changed when you click on your team name (top of screen, slightly to the left of the middle)? I preferred it when it took you to your Squad screen, but now it's Club Overview.[/quote']

Is this what you are thinking on ?

Overview2.jpg

It has squad, but i think i didn't yesterday, not sure 100%

does anyone know how far away the other improvements related to this one are from being completed.

The main one im excited to see is when they said the stuff that was going to be on the news feed and mentioned 'players handing in transfer requests'

That will surely be the biggest change since I have played here and could make the game alot more exciting.

I think it would be a good addition if managers could chose the clubs they want to hear information about, for example in GC19 i am Man Utd, i am very interested in what Chelsea, Barca and Hully city are doing but i'm getting info about morecome and gretna which really doesn't interest me in the slightest.

If i could chose which clubs i want to hear about it wouldn't make my setup page so conjested and i would get information on the clubs that might actually help me, what do you guys think?

Is this what you are thinking on ?

Overview2.jpg

It has squad' date=' but i think i didn't yesterday, not sure 100%[/quote']

Above it, next to the club badge, and kits.

Also noticed that the SM and RL info as back, as well the big pic of the badge. This is probably what was missing before. Looks better now, I quite like it.

Although I'd still prefer to have the Top 10 Managers on the home page, it gives you a buzz when you see your name there (especially in a GC (19 in my case) ), and knowing that everyone else can see it too. Now few people will see it, as few people will bother to check it.

Thanks for adding this. :)

But i'm not sure about the new club overview page. I preferred it as it was' date=' with the Setup Overview and Club Overview on seperate pages. I preferred the last 5 messages in the middle.

But then again that's just me being fussy and others may disagree.[/quote']

I agree, whilst I like the Setup Overview page, I don't want to have to see it every time I select a club- I'd like it as an option but keep the old home (club) page

i see a con in the overview page

"Elliott Knighton has angered the Lazio fans by resigning from the club."

"Billy James has parted company with West Ham United after the manager decided that they have done all that they can for the club."

in another word, come rip these teams after 48 hours, another way to encourge managers to rip the unmanaged teams to pieces

Ughh i am appaled at the changes specially since setup overwiev and club overview should always be kept seperate right now the club messages are on the right hand side and the whole page looks so shoddy and hastily done ...

Another thing which i hate even more is that now on the tactics page no information about the player like condition,position is given.. Right now its just the player name it makes it so ridiculously bad to make changes for matches as everytime u have to hold the cursor over a player to see his condition, argh what was SM thinking..

Ughh i am appaled at the changes specially since setup overwiev and club overview should always be kept seperate right now the club messages are on the right hand side and the whole page looks so shoddy and hastily done ...

Another thing which i hate even more is that now on the tactics page no information about the player like condition' date='position is given.. Right now its just the player name it makes it so ridiculously bad to make changes for matches as everytime u have to hold the cursor over a player to see his condition, argh what was SM thinking..[/quote']

The condition is on the right hand side of the screen under the Hide Youth and Confirm Team Selection buttons. The only problem I have with the new overview is that it is too cluttered with the setup news feeds. I think it would be better if there was a tab for the news instead of it being on the overview screen

The condition is on the right hand side of the screen under the Hide Youth and Confirm Team Selection buttons. The only problem I have with the new overview is that it is too cluttered with the setup news feeds. I think it would be better if there was a tab for the news instead of it being on the overview screen

Agree 100%.