Recent SM Improvements.

Guest Toggs

In the last few weeks, Soccermanager have introduced many new additions to the website. Some of these have gone down very well such as the changes to the FIxtures&Results page, Inviting exisiting Soccermanager players to your Custom Setup & back a bit, SM Wiki.

But, and the reason why im writing this article, is because some of the latest additions to the game havent pleased many of the people that i know aroud the community and i fell there mainly negative additions to the game.

1.) Setup Feed - This first one isn't much of a moan, because i had made a original thread touching on this last night and since then the setup overview has changed so when you log on too your team you see the setup feed on the elft, and you club stats at top, fixtures/results/transfers on the right side which i think is a good touch as you can see the setup feed which could contain important information and keeps you up with whats happening. You also have all your club tabs at the top so on your overview you now can acess everything regarding your club which i think is needed.

2.) The Tactics Page - This is the newest of Soccermanager's chages to the website. When you view your tactics, there is a java image showing on the right the formation and where you players are on the pitch. I originally thought this was another nice little addition to make the tactics page more pleasing to the eye but as ive realized since, there is some key information that is neeeded, not on the tactics page. For instance, you did have to go to the squad page to see the fitnesses. Tha kfully this has been changed so now its in the right side on the page next to your players names. But i think that under the names they should reput where the player can play on a team, as its hard to realize if youre putting a player in the right position. Putting it on the Java image would make it alot easier.

3.) 24/7 Transfers - 24/7 Transfers was put in place just before GC23. And i thought that this would become a very good addition. But again, since its proven taht its not all what its shaped up to be and that its ruinig some deals. We do have to touch on the good side of this addition though a sit means that if teams become unmanaged, theyre players are protected for at least a day so a new manager could come along and manager the squad with their good players intacted. But the negative side of this addition is that im hearing of alot of deals not being completed within the day, and can strech to over 2 days. Also ive heard of deals that break down for unknown reasons. I think 24/7 Transfers is a good addition supporting the Setup Feed as that is always being updated with transfers flying in and it makes SM more reallistic, but i did perfer the old system.

We do have to give it too Soccermanager though, they have made what i think is the best free football management site in the world.wide.web and im as sure as anybody that Soccermanager will like to hear youre opinions as they could improve the game upon what we think of these additions. Please respond to this as i will send this link for Soccermanager ot take a look at everybodys opinions and act upon them.

Toggs.

Re: Recent SM Improvements.

Good post. Completely agree. Now the setup page has been altered so that seems ok. 24/7 transfers has to be a good thing but hopefully SM will sort out any glitches if transfers are not going through etc. But the tactics page needs addressing. It is proving extremely frustrating for no real gain. I have never been this disappointed in a so called SM 'Improvement. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

(Although of course I still agree with you that SM is a class site and that generally the improvements and overall site are top quality! This just happens to be a rare annoyance in an otherwise amazing game)

First of all a big well done ,far better than the first which i presume got removed because it came over as a rant and attack on the game and makers ,many members can learn from yours for future reference if wanting to put points across ,the ammount of times ive told members SM will accept positive threads against them and improvements but there is a right /wrong way to do it,if its done right they do listen believe me ,but they will still have final decision.:)

In the last few weeks' date=' Soccermanager have introduced many new additions to the website. Some of these have gone down very well such as the changes to the FIxtures&Results page, Inviting exisiting Soccermanager players to your Custom Setup & back a bit, SM Wiki.[/b']

Must agree liked these myself especially iviting members to my set up .

But' date=' and the reason why im writing this article, is because some of the latest additions to the game havent pleased many of the people that i know aroud the community and i fell there mainly negative additions to the game.[/quote']

Well im not going to put my foot in it and say your wrong ,we will see on here if there are more for/ against ,but i will err to more like them side.

1.) Setup Feed - This first one isn't much of a moan' date=' because i had made a original thread touching on this last night and since then the setup overview has changed so when you log on too your team you see the setup feed on the elft, and you club stats at top, fixtures/results/transfers on the right side which i think is a good touch as you can see the setup feed which could contain important information and keeps you up with whats happening. You also have all your club tabs at the top so on your overview you now can acess everything regarding your club which i think is needed.[/quote']

Yep but like all new improvements there will be two sides your not going to please all.

2.) The Tactics Page - This is the newest of Soccermanager's chages to the website. When you view your tactics' date=' there is a java image showing on the right the formation and where you players are on the pitch. I originally thought this was another nice little addition to make the tactics page more pleasing to the eye but as ive realized since, there is some key information that is neeeded, not on the tactics page. For instance, you did have to go to the squad page to see the fitnesses. Tha kfully this has been changed so now its in the right side on the page next to your players names. But i think that under the names they should reput where the player can play on a team, as its hard to realize if youre putting a player in the right position. Putting it on the Java image would make it alot easier.[/quote']

Will agree with you on this i think showing there posistions is a must seems SM do keep changing them from Cf to f ,Rm to W/f etc..

3.) 24/7 Transfers - 24/7 Transfers was put in place just before GC23. And i thought that this would become a very good addition. But again' date=' since its proven taht its not all what its shaped up to be and that its ruinig some deals. We do have to touch on the good side of this addition though a sit means that if teams become unmanaged, theyre players are protected for at least a day so a new manager could come along and manager the squad with their good players intacted. But the negative side of this addition is that im hearing of alot of deals not being completed within the day, and can strech to over 2 days. Also ive heard of deals that break down for unknown reasons. I think 24/7 Transfers is a good addition supporting the Setup Feed as that is always being updated with transfers flying in and it makes SM more reallistic, but i did perfer the old system.[/quote']

As far as i know its only the time element changed and up to now ive had no problems with this,sometimes you need to let new things run a bit which sometimes members if at first dont like them dont allow,so not giving it time to show the better improvement for all.

We do have to give it too Soccermanager though' date=' they have made what i think is the best free football management site in the world.wide.web and im as sure as anybody that Soccermanager will like to hear youre opinions as they could improve the game upon what we think of these additions. Please respond to this as i will send this link for Soccermanager ot take a look at everybodys opinions and act upon them.

Toggs.[/center']

Couldnt agree more ,we must not forget besides suggestions being made here on forum ,many more members do not use forum and send suggestions through other channels ,what we are blaming SM for when things are not liked on here may be a very small ripple with the total membership that like it .

But who is to say there not getting complaints by these members through the channels ,thats why they allow our feedback on here ,but unless presented positively like this one all others will get removed .:)

Just to say a few words here. I agree with 1 ond 3 here, and and i like tactics page now as you can see all you need in the players list (just few cm right of the pitch window.)

I am gonna comment 24/7 changes here. I joined a new setup yesterday created at 2 pm yesterday, and instantly made a bid for Berbatov and Riquelme, with a few minutes difference....

Now, i loged around noon and was surprised with the fact that Berbatov has already completed transfer to my club (so more like 20/7 thing:D ), and Riquelme is still under bid.

I very much dislike this 24/7 thing from start, and with this even more. I liked old way much better and still hoping that it will be undo as soon as possible...

Regarding 24/7, as my opinion is that its only a measure to protect unmanaged clubs. I feel they are enough protected with 48 hrs rule, and offering the job to other managers

Fully agreed BBB. I think the best solution for this is that SM make a system where when clubs become unmanaged, their protected and transfers are as they were. But need some more opinions.

May even put up a poll :)

Fully agreed BBB. I think the best solution for this is that SM make a system where when clubs become unmanaged' date=' their protected and transfers are as they were. But need some more opinions.

May even put up a poll :)[/quote']

Already thread on this issue and you will find more are for it than against it .

May have just been before 24 hrs ,but even 20 is better than 1 hour or less which the earlier bidders only needed to get them through with no one having a look in .

Take the old way with unmanaged as compared with now ,once you were allowed to bid after 48hrs it meant that say time ran out at midnight tuesday ,most members especially the young ones would be in bed ,so by time they got up wed morning the bid had been made by someone at 6am and excepted and completed by 6:15 ,i know this because of my shift patterns ,many a time ive done this and it is a unfair advantage.

Now if it was to happen they would get up and if that person had made a bid at 6am they wouldnt miss out they have up to just before 6am next day to put in bid .

Its not just about unmanaged club protection its about fairness to all managers at having the chance as everyone else ,with the different ammount of people that play from around the globe we all come on at different times ,24/7 covers it for all time elements ,that is fair and just in my books so this far outweighs to me the ones against .:)

Already thread on this issue and you will find more are for it than against it .

May have just been before 24 hrs ' date='but even 20 is better than 1 hour or less which the earlier bidders only needed to get them through with no one having a look in .[/quote']

Im aware of the thread, many interesting issues talked there.

However, the thing i want to point out here, regarding the 24/7, is that it is not implemented the way it is explained on Blog, and in this thread by Devs.

As i understand this improvement, it should at least give an edge to guys who are the first bidders, in way, that they know when the transfer is due to complete, so that they can act just before that time. With the example that i gave above, transfer was completed at least 2,5 hrs, before 24 hrs deadline. So not much constant there...

Personally i was thorn about whole issue, and as time is passing, i am more and more against it.

Now as you said it, 20 is better than 1 hr...

I dont agree here, because it gives a lot of space to coincidences there. With the old system, at least everybody knew exactly when its gonna happen. If the deal was just against UK residents, SM could have changed that transfer hours to like 12 pm UK time, so it doesn't happen in the morning, and as most people here are on that time zone, iit could be the most effective solution. But no, insted, they are probing with a flexible time lines, and to be honest it is already annoying after this short period.

Im aware of the thread' date=' many interesting issues talked there.

However, the thing i want to point out here, regarding the 24/7, is that it is not implemented the way it is explained on Blog, and in this thread by Devs.

As i understand this improvement, it should at least give an edge to guys who are the first bidders, in way, that they know when the transfer is due to complete, so that they can act just before that time. With the example that i gave above, transfer was completed at least 2,5 hrs, before 24 hrs deadline. So not much constant there...

Personally i was thorn about whole issue, and as time is passing, i am more and more against it.

Now as you said it, 20 is better than 1 hr...

I dont agree here, because it gives a lot of space to coincidences there. With the old system, at least everybody knew exactly when its gonna happen. If the deal was just against UK residents, SM could have changed that transfer hours to like 12 pm UK time, so it doesn't happen in the morning, and as most people here are on that time zone, iit could be the most effective solution. But no, insted, they are probing with a flexible time lines, and to be honest it is already annoying after this short period.[/quote']

Sorry disagree knowing the exact time ,the longer members have the fairer it is ,SM do state in all their examples on blog,

"Transfer processes following day beforeas well as around time."

not exact .

So like yours it can be early which again is far better because members cant just come on at 1/2 minutes at deadline to make bid because they may have missed it ,but cant moan because they were given at least 20hrs .

The majority that are not for this 24/7 idea are mainly against the bids for players from unmanaged/external not between managers,biggest reason is because they dont get player handed to them on a plate now at the cheapest price,they finish up mainly in a bidding war ,far better .:)

Don't get me wrong Alan, i would like more competition on SM, this is the only reason i am partially for this new system. However if a transfer is done 3 hrs before / after those 24 hrs thing, it is way too random, and again taking that little edge from a person who bid the 1st bid to this player.

15 min would be around time. 3 hrs is random, as it could be 6 hrs difference, if you look sooner or later 3 hrs. What i was trying to say, backing the old system, is that at least we all knew exactly when the transfer will go trough

Don't get me wrong Alan' date=' i would like more competition on SM, this is the only reason i am partially for this new system. However if a transfer is done 3 hrs before / after those 24 hrs thing, it is way too random, [b']and again taking that little edge from a person who bid the 1st bid to this player. [/b]

15 min would be around time. 3 hrs is random, as it could be 6 hrs difference, if you look sooner or later 3 hrs. What i was trying to say, backing the old system, is that at least we all knew exactly when the transfer will go trough

Have i missed something though mate ,have SM said the first bidder should have the edge,to me a managed club the manager will accept which one he considers best for him ,may even not be the highest bid.

Wheras unmanaged /external one if you want it to be completed between the 24hrs then its a risk to put in cheapest because once someone else comes in if youve been to tight you may have to cancel so the other bid time takes precedence ,but it still gives you leeway to put in a better bid .

In fact dosnt the first bidder get an advantage ,besides trying and get him at the cheapest ,if its undisclosed then besides others not knowing the ammount they also will not know the time element .:)

The only one of the recent "improvements" I don't like is the removal of the info from the pitch on the tactics page. I would use the info on positions, condition, etc when deciding on substitutes for a match and now have to keep flicking back to the team selection page... which is mighty annoying. Just please put the information back :).

All the other improvements I agree with and love Soccermanager.com overall... this is just a minor niggle.

The only one of the recent "improvements" I don't like is the removal of the info from the pitch on the tactics page. I would use the info on positions' date=' condition, etc when deciding on substitutes for a match and now have to keep flicking back to the team selection page... which is mighty annoying. Just please put the information back :).

All the other improvements I agree with and love Soccermanager.com overall... this is just a minor niggle.[/quote']

Although I hate to agree with a Wednesday fan, I think this guy is spot on- it will now take me at least twice as long to do anything and give me a headache in the process. This is the worst change I've seen by far

I don't believe this... I made an offer on Huntelaar yesterday at 2, maybe even 3 pm. I am sure that i was 1st to bid, and i bid a minimum amount. I just logged in to check messages, and guess what... he moved to Zenit:confused: :confused: :confused: Not even 12 hrs after my bid

If this is the way new system will work, its a disgrace gor SM, and all what they done till now. If its said around 24 hrs, than i expect it to be around 24 hrs, not after some 11 hrs.

Just to add, that i am 100% that i was the 1st bidder.

I Had BID For Adebayor Accepted From Unmanged Club...

It Was Accepted But B4 It Went Trough Someone Took Over At The Unmanged Team & Then Left :mad: :mad:

Bid Fell Trough.. I CANT BELIEVE IT!! SM have Gone Back To This Feature That Was a Complete Failure Before

FURIOS.. Sent a Ticket & Excpect To Be Givin Ade for The Price I Bid For Him

Simple As ;)

I Had BID For Adebayor Accepted From Unmanged Club...

It Was Accepted But B4 It Went Trough Someone Took Over At The Unmanged Team & Then Left :mad: :mad:

Bid Fell Trough.. I CANT BELIEVE IT!! SM have Gone Back To This Feature That Was a Complete Failure Before

FURIOS.. Sent a Ticket & Excpect To Be Givin Ade for The Price I Bid For Him

Simple As ;)

Doubt you will have him' date=' it worked that way in the old system.

It should be regulated in any case, that lets say managers who quit their club can't take another in like 24/48 hrs. That would straighten things up a bit.

But i still can't shake those less than 12 hrs it took for that Huntelaar transfer. I sent a ticket on this. Can't wait response:D

I know the 1st one will be something like

Hi, glad to see a ticket i sent this to researchers

Guest joe black

I sent a ticket on this. Can't wait response:D

Quote:

Why would you wanna disrespect the guys in Comm Admin that are trying to help you??????, its not there fault SM have mucked things up and they are only there for General Help,a request like your needs to be dealt with by SM Support not Comm Admin so they pass it onto SM to deal with because they cant,at least this way they are letting you know that they have read your ticket and its been moved on to the next stage

I know your angry at what happened but if you are gonna rant direct it at the people who deserve it not other managers who give up there spare time to HELP others;):)

I sent a ticket on this. Can't wait response:D

Quote:

Hi' date=' glad to see a ticket i sent this to researchers[/b']

Why would you wanna disrespect the guys in Comm Admin that are trying to help you??????, its not there fault SM have mucked things up and they are only there for General Help,a request like your needs to be dealt with by SM Support not Comm Admin so they pass it onto SM to deal with because they cant,at least this way they are letting you know that they have read your ticket and its been moved on to the next stage

I know your angry at what happened but if you are gonna rant direct it at the people who deserve it not other managers who give up there spare time to HELP others;):)

I really admire people that are giving away their free time to help this community improve it self.

Thought of doing it myself at one point, but i don't have much free time now. I think that there are many many tickets sent to SM, and that they are swarmed by the number of those:D

To go on topic a bit. As i see it, this thread has pointed much more on a negative side of recent changes, as i thought it will. As i see it, much more people are currently against a few of those changes, and its good thing to send such links to SM to point it out

Guest joe black

Thought of doing it myself at one point, but i don't have much free time now.

Pity,cos you seem like the helpful type,if any Croatian guys come on here to complain i know i can send them to you:p

I think that there are many many tickets sent to SM, and that they are swarmed by the number of those

No,there are many sent to Comm Admin,who are all volunteer managers then they answer them if possible but if they cant,like your Ticket they pass it on to SM;)

this thread has pointed much more on a negative side of recent changes, as i thought it will. As i see it, much more people are currently against a few of those changes, and its good thing to send such links to SM to point it out

Seems to be that the new changes have not been accepted too well:eek: and your 100% correct,if you dont like something its good to point it out to SM,thats what i do;)........but its not Comm Admin's fault so dont have a pop at them on here,you wanna have a pop at SM be my guest but make sure you aim at the right people;):)

Oh, and here's an explanation from Dev regarding new tactic improvement.

If anyone actually visits the SM Improvements & New Features page you will notice a future improvement called 'Improved Tactics' or you may well call it 'Advanced Tactics'. I am amazed that no one has put two and two together and thought "Wait a minute they could possibly be introducing 'Advanced Tactics' shortly which could include in-game formation changes etc etc and this is only the start of it' date=' and that is the reason why they have changed the tactics page!"[/quote']

but its not Comm Admin's fault so dont have a pop at them on here' date='you wanna have a pop at SM be my guest but make sure you aim at the right people[/quote']

I really don't see any other way to express it besides sending a ticket, and forum threads, that will be shown to SM via the ticket;)

I'm playing this for like 2 years now i think, and only sent around 10 tickets to SM, mostly to adjust their DB.

Guest joe black

I really don't see any other way to express it besides sending a ticket, and forum threads, that will be shown to SM via the ticket;)

I'm playing this for like 2 years now i think, and only sent around 10 tickets to SM, mostly to adjust their DB.

I am not saying sending tickets to SM or complaining about SM is wrong im saying complaining about getting a response that says....

is wrong,i am explaining to you why you get that reply from Comm Admin and not too have a go at them.......its not Comm Admin's fault its SM's;):)

I really don't see any other way to express it besides sending a ticket' date=' and forum threads, that will be shown to SM via the ticket;)

[/b']

I am not saying sending tickets to SM or complaining about SM is wrong im saying complaining about getting a response that says....

is wrong,i am explaining to you why you get that reply from Comm Admin and not too have a go at them.......its not Comm Admin's fault its SM's;):)

Oh, didn't wanted it to sound like a complain to that, and im sorry if it looked that way. I meant it more in a way that i already know that the 1st response will be that it is forwarded to researchers...

Like i said a few posts above, i admire people that spare they own free time to do this. I really didn't meant it in any offensive way

Guest joe black

lol,think there was something lost in the translation,my mistake and i apologise for misreading the situation i thought you where being sarcastic and having a go at Comm Admin.........sorry but its ok i am paranoid:p

So im glad we agree it's SM's fault and not Comm Admin:p ;):)

Totally agree about the tactics page. You have to keep looking across the page just to see the position of the player. Awfully confusing for new members of the website.