Sign in to follow this  
svejk

Qualifications For World Cup 2010

Re: Qualifications For World Cup 2010

This is very much something i would like to answer with aggressive come back' date=' but i wont here. If you saw this, and you still think that its a red card, than i would say that you are far from football as a spectator

Before this "red card" it was equal match. Great win goes to England this time, fair and square

EDIT and yes, the Oscar goes to.....

J. Cole......[/quote']

The worlds sorest looser award goes too...

All this talk over the last week mate you were so confident so without sounding arrogant and cocky let me say.. BAHAHAHA to you and your country.

As you said cant wait for the replay a draw will see us win the group probably :)

p.s WAS 100% a red card as you see there is a rule on leading in with a raised arm and to be honest you were very very very lucky to have ten men at full time and lucky lampards goal didn't stand and yours did

I think the red card is going to be one of them that comes out how you see it .

There is a bit of a split from commemtators' date='managers etc as well as you lot :D if it is or not ,i think it rested on the refs interpretation if the intent was there .

Player could have easy beat Cole to the header but he went in hard with elbow leading so its whether the ref saw intent in it ,or if he only saw a foul at first but pulled out card once he saw Coles bleeding head and then decided it must have been .

Anyway another one for the books to argue over.;):)[/quote']

Guess it will be one for the books, and I am man enough to say it was good game for England tonight. I will open the new thread, tomorrow, or the day after, posting a few clips with this start, mainly to avoid it from this thread. I have my opinion, that will not change, and that is as i said before, that i even doubt it was a foul, let along the red card. My m8 was at my place tonight, we saw the match, and we are both unanimous regarding the victory for England, and i will not say nothing against it on that level, as the whole 90 minutes you came here to claim the victory, and 3rd or 4th time in this post, i will congratulate England fans on this match... We had a few laughs asking each other where did he hide the movie exploding blood before this start.

As for the start, there is nothing i would like more than to post it now, but i doubt it is on youtube, or some similar sites yet, so i will postpone this for a few days. Don't get me wrong, i am not saying that this was the thing that turned this match in England's favor, you had 1-0 before that. The thing i am saying is that Kovac had like 30-40 cm higher jump than Cole, and as i said before, he won that jump, and it was not his goal to kill anyone in his jump start. Cole was jumping here with out need IMO, as the ball was won by Kovac. And i will say again, he had fully stretched arm, and Cole just ran onto it. And after this start, Cole started to walk past Srna, who had his arms up, and didn't touched him. After a few meters, he just collapsed on the ground, and this was his Oscar move. I guess L. Michel saw the blood from that reckless start, and this was the red card trigger.

This is how i saw it.

The worlds sorest looser award goes too...

All this talk over the last week mate you were so confident so without sounding arrogant and cocky let me say.. BAHAHAHA to you and your country.

As you said cant wait for the replay a draw will see us win the group probably :)

p.s WAS 100% a red card as you see there is a rule on leading in with a raised arm and to be honest you were very very very lucky to have ten men at full time and lucky lampards goal didn't stand and yours did

As for this BaHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAH, remember where was England on last Euro...

Or do i need to post some clips from the last two matches?

Or do you have some reading problems ?

That would be my guess as i said more than few times that it was deservved win for England

As for this BaHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAH' date=' remember where was England on last Euro...

Or do i need to post some clips from the last two matches?

Or do you have some reading problems ?

That would be my guess as i said more than few times that it was deservved win for England[/quote']

I think you are very mature in your first post and would like to thank you

but

As i said mate we have been awful in the past and tonight despite it may be a one off i know that im not naive BUT even if it is a one off after your cockiness im entitled to say BAHAHAHA

thanks for the maturity tho :)

I think England would have won the match even if the player never got sent off, although we will never know.

Imo England won the game by doing something they should have been doing for the last 6 years which is working and pressing the other team instead of being a bunch of lazy gits and assuming they should just auto beat sides.

Lets also not forget Croatia should have been down to 10 men anyway, that bodycheck on Rooney was a booking any day of the week and if the player wasnt already on a booking he would have got one like he did for his 1st, the 2nd was even worse and stopped Rooney having a chance on goal.

I think you are very mature in your first post and would like to thank you

but

As i said mate we have been awful in the past and tonight despite it may be a one off i know that im not naive BUT even if it is a one off after your cockiness im entitled to say BAHAHAHA

thanks for the maturity tho :)

First of all i quoted your caps lock BAHAHHAHAHAH, and second, try to read the thread before posting something in it

First of all i quoted your caps lock BAHAHHAHAHAH' date=' and second, try to read the thread before posting something in it[/quote']

I read the thread god you always moan your such a negative forumer your pointless on here i hope you leave but wishes dont always come true :rolleyes:

Wednesday, 10 September 2008

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying

Albania 3-0 Malta

Andorra 1-3 Belarus

Azerbaijan 0-0 Liechtenstein

Bosnia-Herzegovina 7-0 Estonia

Croatia 1-4 England

FYR Macedonia 1-2 Netherlands

Faroe Islands 0-1 Romania

Finland 3-3 Germany

France 2-1 Serbia

Iceland 1-2 Scotland

Italy 2-0 Georgia

Kazakhstan 1-3 Ukraine

Latvia 0-2 Greece

Lithuania 2-0 Austria

Moldova 1-2 Israel

Montenegro 0-0 Rep of Ireland

Northern Ireland 0-0 Czech Republic

Portugal 2-3 Denmark

Russia 2-1 Wales

San Marino 0-2 Poland

Slovenia 2-1 Slovakia

Spain 4-0 Armenia

Sweden 2-1 Hungary

Switzerland 1-2 Luxembourg

Turkey 1-1 Belgium

Guess it will be one for the books' date=' and I am man enough to say it was good game for England tonight. I will open the new thread, tomorrow, or the day after, posting a few clips with this start, mainly to avoid it from this thread. I have my opinion, that will not change, and that is as i said before, that i even doubt it was a foul, let along the red card. My m8 was at my place tonight, we saw the match, and we are both unanimous regarding the victory for England, and i will not say nothing against it on that level, as the whole 90 minutes you came here to claim the victory, and 3rd or 4th time in this post, i will congratulate England fans on this match... We had a few laughs asking each other where did he hide the movie exploding blood before this start.

As for the start, there is nothing i would like more than to post it now, but i doubt it is on youtube, or some similar sites yet, so i will postpone this for a few days. Don't get me wrong, i am not saying that this was the thing that turned this match in England's favor, you had 1-0 before that. The thing i am saying is that Kovac had like 30-40 cm higher jump than Cole, and as i said before, he won that jump, and it was not his goal to kill anyone in his jump start. Cole was jumping here with out need IMO, as the ball was won by Kovac. And i will say again, he had fully stretched arm, and Cole just ran onto it. And after this start, Cole started to walk past Srna, who had his arms up, and didn't touched him. After a few meters, he just collapsed on the ground, and this was his Oscar move. I guess L. Michel saw the blood from that reckless start, and this was the red card trigger.

This is how i saw it.[/quote']

I think foreign fans calling Joe Cole a play actor is going too far.

Ok, it's quite clear that most England fans think it was a straight red, Croatia and other fans think it was barely a foul, and that's football. But I think when you claim the player was acting to get him sent off, it becomes an excuse.

I haven't seen it, but from what 5Live said, he got a nasty knock on his head, enough to cause a lot of blood, and he instinctively got back up. But don't you think, that after a knock like that, he might be slighty concussed? A bit dizzy? He jumped back up, took a few steps and realised that he was either bleeding bad, or felt concussed, or both, and just collapsed. I seriously doubt he was trying to make it look like Srna pushed him or w/e.

I think foreign fans calling Joe Cole a play actor is going too far.

Ok' date=' it's quite clear that most England fans think it was a straight red, Croatia and other fans think it was barely a foul, and that's football. But I think when you claim the player was acting to get him sent off, it becomes an excuse.

I haven't seen it, but from what 5Live said, he got a nasty knock on his head, enough to cause a lot of blood, and he instinctively got back up. But don't you think, that after a knock like that, he might be slighty concussed? A bit dizzy? He jumped back up, took a few steps and realised that he was either bleeding bad, or felt concussed, or both, and just collapsed. I seriously doubt he was trying to make it look like Srna pushed him or w/e.[/quote']

What you have said is exactly how it happened honestly :o

Hopefully, We wont have to hear any arguments over the croatia - england game anymore ... Its gone from funny now to just plain annoying.

Meanwhile:

The Asian Qualifications (Top 2 to Qualify for 2010 WC)

Uzbekistan 0 - 1 Australia

Chipperfield the goalscorer in the 26th minute :D Good away win and will hopefully consolidate it at Brisbane against Qatar in our next qualifier on the 15th October

Japan 1 - 0 - 0

Qatar 1 - 0 - 0

Australia 1 - 0 - 0

Bahrain 0 - 0 - 1

Uzbekistan 0 - 0 - 2

Don't get me wrong' date=' i am not saying that this was the thing that turned this match in England's favor, you had 1-0 before that. The thing i am saying is that Kovac had like 30-40 cm higher jump than Cole, and as i said before, he won that jump, and it was not his goal to kill anyone in his jump start. Cole was jumping here with out need IMO, as the ball was won by Kovac. And i will say again, he had fully stretched arm, and Cole just ran onto it. And after this start, Cole started to walk past Srna, who had his arms up, and didn't touched him. After a few meters, he just collapsed on the ground, and this was his Oscar move. I guess L. Michel saw the blood from that reckless start, and this was the red card trigger.

This is how i saw it.[/quote']

I do agree with some of what your saying, looking at the referee's reaction, he was reluctant to brandish a card until actually looking at the state of Joe Cole's wound (which was quite bad).

The referee's do miss some things on the pitch, like the tackle on Eduardo last season, referee only gave Taylor a red when he seen the state of his leg.

But then again i did see Kovac's reaction, as soon as the ball was headed, instead of looking at the play, he turned to look at Joe Cole, i think there was some malice there, only Joe Cole knows why he took a few steps then hit the deck, maybe he was concussed or play acting, i don't know.

But i think and agree that if there was no blood, then the ref wouldn't have given the red, but i still think England's second goal was coming regardless of that decision.

i dont wish to upset that many people by posting this but i have to say i have always felt that croatia r the most overated country in the world(apart from england).

so in my eyes it was a good win but not as good as say if we were playing the netherlands.

i dont wish to upset that many people by posting this but i have to say i have always felt that croatia r the most overated country in the world(apart from england).

so in my eyes it was a good win but not as good as say if we were playing the netherlands.

Croatia have proved with the football they play and the results they got they are not over rated.

Croatia have proved with the football they play and the results they got they are not over rated.

36 games at home undefeated they aren't overrated we were just bloody superb yesterday to embarrass them in such a way and it shows that if both teams played full potential we would kick their ***** as we really do have an amazing team

Croatia - over-rated? It's the opposite! Up until now, they've been under-rated, and it took a double over England and reaching the QF's of the Euros for everyone to realise it. True, they don't have any particular world beaters (although they might one day with the promising Tottenham duo), but they work together so well that they perform brilliantly.

Croatia - over-rated? It's the opposite! Up until now' date=' they've been under-rated, and it took a double over England and reaching the QF's of the Euros for everyone to realise it. True, they don't have any particular world beaters (although they might one day with the promising Tottenham duo), but they work together so well that they perform brilliantly.[/quote']

name one croatia player that would get in ahead of an england player.

edit:name one croatia player that would get in the england team.

name one croatia player that would get in ahead of an england player.

I could name several:

Corluka

Modric

Kranjcar

Those three are definites, England are weak at LB and Corluka would do a good job. England have been looking for an 'English' Modric and I reckon they have him in Hargreaves. Kranjcar is like the Croatian Joe Cole, only he plays for a lesser known club (worldwide) and he's better at set pieces. I'll even be so bold as to say that Stipe Pletikosa would be ahead of some of the England reserve goalies. Sure he let 4 in last night, but that was because they had one less man. :rolleyes:

I could name several

Corluka

Modric

Kranjcar

Those three are definites' date=' England are weak at LB and Corluka would do a good job. England have been looking for an 'English' Modric and I reckon they have him in Hargreaves. Kranjcar is like the Croatian Joe Cole, only he plays for a lesser known club (worldwide) and he's better at set pieces. I'll even be so bold as to say that Stipe Pletikosa would be ahead of some of the England reserve goalies. Sure he let 4 in last night, but that was because they had one less man.[/quote']

ashley cole or corluka ----- ashley cole

modric or gerrard/lampard----gerrard/lampard

kranjcar or joe cole------even i have to say cole

platikosa or hart/robinson/green/james/carson----would have all five england goalkeepers ahead of him

ashley cole or corluka ----- ashley cole

modric or gerrard/lampard----gerrard/lampard

kranjcar or joe cole------even i have to say cole

platikosa or hart/robinson/green/james/carson----would have all five england goalkeepers ahead of him

Corluka is better than Bridge

Modric is better than Carrick or Bullard or them both put together!

Kranjcar is better than Downing and SWP

Pletikosa is better than Carson defo! Carson plays for West Brom, who are currently bottom!

And all these players (bar Carson) are in and around the current England squad.