Cantona or Shearer?

Guest R. Peters

Cantona or Shearer?  

1. 1.

• Cantona
    • Shearer

Guest R. Peters

Well, that boy Luke Deveney has his own opinion from mine, I said Cantona was better than Shearer, he disagreed, I want to know the forumers thoughts who is better, so please vote.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Cantona or Shearer?

They're completely different types of players. Cantona and Bergkamp (2 of the best 4 attacking players to ever grace the Premiership in my opinion. the other 2 being Zola and Henry) would have been better to compare. I went for Cantona anyway. I'd never go for the 'goal poacher' type (Shearer) in a poll like this, simply because they don't have as much to offer in their all-round game. Shearer was a brilliant player, but he was too one dimensional to win a poll like this.

I think Shearer is better as he was scoring goals for fun while Cantona didn't

Their records aren't that different actually. In English club football, it was 0.44 goals per game for Cantona and 0.53 goals per game for Shearer.

Doesn't really matter though. It's a bit silly to judge on goals alone when they're such different players.

• 1 month later...