Relationships Suck

-Darren-

I thought i would start this thread (and feel free to close if it breaks any rules) for discussions and support for people going through a break-up/divorce or something like that. I will even start it. I know support can help. Here we go:

I was dating this girl for about a month. Now keep in my mind I'm still in High School over here in the US. Anyways, she went on a vacation and she would barely talk to me. I figured she was busy...then one day she sends me a text message saying we can either take a break or break up completely...Im like a break? But anyways, she gets home and calls me and tells me she is dating some other kid that lives two hours away.

Comments?

Re: Relationships Suck

Yeah, I am moving on. In fact, I'm working on another one at the moment:p But its hard you know when they say they want to be friends and how it was before you started dating and all that. I told her straight up that things have to change then. You have to be willing to make it like that. Oh and did i mention she tells me everyday that she made a mistake that she "loves me" and everytime i say ok then come back she says no i cant...i dont want to hurt the other kid...:confused:

Guest msissio

feeel for you man

one minute they are screaming your name and the next they dont want to see you no more

Or even worse, they scream someone else's name. :eek:

Never happened to me, but I always listen just to make sure. :P

I think the problem is the only way you ever feel 100% secure in relationships is by dating folk who are nice and safe and who'll never dump you cos they are just so grateful to have someone (in other words; clingy bunny boilers or girls who are League 1 or League 2).

If you actually get someone who you think is amazing and fantastic that's when the paranoia sets in and you're then constantly worried you might get ditched at any given moment..... :rolleyes:

You can therefore do what i did and waste years with the safe easy option, or do what i'm doing now and take a chance on someone you think is great.

Sure, the potential is there to get really badly hurt but it only needs to work once and then you're sorted :)

(Expect me to be back on this thread totally depressed in a few months saying "i was wrong i was wrong - stick with the safe girls!" :D )

Guest Chris_16

Haha nah. Im sure it will work out for you...but you are 100% right. Thats exactly what happened to me...except I didnt let the paranoia show. I hide things very very well. B)

Yeah that's why you made a thread :P Jk jk :o Anyway, I think you are mature enough to forget her as you are 17 years old... This happened to me, but then I dated her sister :)

I know the feeling mate.I have had four girlfriends and three of them cheated on me.One of them cheated on me with my friend after just going out with her for a few days.When i was about fourteen I was going out with a girl who lived near my nanny's during the summer so I sospent all my time there but she cheated on me aswell and then when I was doing my Junior cert I neededto break up with a girl because of the stress of the exams lol.I am now with a girl for a year and it's great but I know how you feel.

Women can't live with them and can't live without them.

Guest the plummer

Or thier is the other alternative

go with a fat girl , they dont have a choice if they want to go with you or not as they have to take what they are giving so theres no chance of you getting dumped and you can cheat on them

a feel leave a proper relationship until your 20 odss

B)

Don't think that anyone who was born with a wenee can m8

LMAO, I've been with my girl for nearly 2 years. first proper relationship and I can't live without her, know her inside out and everything about her.

we left each other after 5 months cause she did what her friends told her to do. 3 days later I get a call saying that she still loved me, got back together the same day and been together ever since. Have to say, breaking up made us a lot lot stronger.

Yeah that's why you made a thread :P Jk jk :o Anyway' date=' I think you are mature enough to forget her as you are 17 years old... This happened to me, but then I dated her sister :)[/quote']

Lol nice that must have been weird for the girl with you dating the sister. :D There is no scientific method for learning how to please a woman or understand them. :o

• 2 years later...

Never get in your car when you're angry after an argument with your misses or ex. A friend of mine did that last night and the result is in the picture in my sig. His car caught fire on impact. He had two kids. I'm still in shock :(

Wow. Sorry to hear/ see that!

My missus always hides the car keys when we argue. She knows I hgave a tendancy to go out and drive like a maniac. Its a good thing.

Thats a very hard hitting issue you have raised, Ian. Especially with the image.

Never get in your car when you're angry after an argument with your misses or ex. A friend of mine did that last night and the result is in the picture in my sig. His car caught fire on impact. He had two kids. I'm still in shock :(

Sorry to see / read that Ian' date=' the same thing happened to a mate of mine years ago :([/color']

Wow. Sorry to hear/ see that!

My missus always hides the car keys when we argue. She knows I hgave a tendancy to go out and drive like a maniac. Its a good thing.

Thats a very hard hitting issue you have raised' date=' Ian. Especially with the image.[/quote']

Thanks Dai mate.

He was a good lad, loved his football, loved his kids. It happened just after 3am last night, like I said he stormed out after an argument. I've done the same in the past, get in the car and put the foot down in anger. My step brother crashed into a tree a couple of years ago in similar circumstances but got away with cuts and brusies.

It's all fresh. Only found out a couple of hours ago but I'm on my own at home with my youngest as the misses is at work. Just want to scream or cry or something.

The local press posted the picture. Let it be a warning to anyone who can't control their anger. His punishment was to be burned alive in his car.

Thankfully the bloke driving the van only suffered a broken leg. His injuries aren't life threatening.

Edit: Thanks Dave, missed your message mate :(