Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

Glad you enjoyed it' date=' and even more glad that you trusted what i said about it enough to actually watch the movie :), it means alot to me, so thank you for that too >.<[/quote']

Hey of course I do, thanks for the tip Maxp, it would have taken me ages to get round to watching it. Funnily enough I still have Max Payne to watch & I've had it a long time, like many others. Is it good? The IMDB ratings not:confused:

I pay a lot of attention to your posts/ critiques & a number of other like minded film lovers that post on here. It's great to get an impression & then see wether it pans out & talk about it :) This is what this thread ideally should be about :)

Of course we all have our different tastes in Genre's, I particularly like Thrillers, Sci Fi, Crime & History whereas usually Action & drama's mostly bore me, unless they are real quality. My favourite Film of recent years was Source Code but not a lot of people agree with my sky-high estimation. There are a few low budget little gems about as well, Once, Skeletons are 2 that jump to mind. "I'll follow you down" I reviewed a page or so back.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen Indiana Bones and the Temple of Booty' date=' Star Whores or maybe Sorest Rump [/color']

Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen You know when u HAVE to watch a film & your sure it's not going to be very good. I watched Robot & Frank 2012 tonight & well was I suprised! It

I'd recommend going to watch The Inbetweeners 2 if you haven't seen it and are familiar with the type of humour used in the three series' and the first film (dirty, rude, vulger :P).

I'd say it's just as funny as a normal episode and the first film. I couldn't stop laughing throughout.

I'd recommend going to watch The Inbetweeners 2 if you haven't seen it and are familiar with the type of humour used in the three series' and the first film (dirty' date=' rude, vulger :P).

I'd say it's just as funny as a normal episode and the first film. I couldn't stop laughing throughout.[/quote']

Me the missus and my siblings are going to see this on Friday, can't wait TBH absolutely massive fan, the schoolboy humour suits me to a tee

Me the missus and my siblings are going to see this on Friday' date=' can't wait TBH absolutely massive fan, the schoolboy humour suits me to a tee[/quote']

You'll love it!

Saddened to hear the news of Robin Williams passing tonight/this morning. An acting legend. RIP.

You'll love it!

Saddened to hear the news of Robin Williams passing tonight/this morning. An acting legend. RIP.

A comic Genius & someone u somehow expect to just go on & on rewarding us with his uniquence.

The flame flickers ever so brightly & then in an instant, it's not there anymore. RIP

You'll love it!

Real' date=' real shame. :(

If any of you haven't seen Good Will Hunting, he was phenomenal in it - check it out.

The whole thing reminds me of that joke from Watchmen...

Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But Doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.
:(:( RIP

Random question' date=' but is The Expendables worth a watch?[/quote']

Expendables its a movie you dont go watch for the plot or for an intricate story (because its not any of that), its a movie that you go watch out of nostalgia for what these actors gave you cinematically in their prime imo.

If you know the actors playing the Expendable soldiers (like Stallone, Schwarzenegger, jet li, Van Damme, Chuck Norris etc) from when they were in their prime, back in the 80s and 90s, then you will enjoy a movie with all of them together, if you didnt see any of the classics these guys have done, you should then definetly go watch them, because their movies are some of the best action movies you can see, having said that, if you have no idea who those guys are, you will just see a bunch of old guys doing over the top stuff with over the top artillery and saying cheesy one liners that you often wont really understand due to them being related to their career and stuff :D

If you like action, and you are a fan of the guys playing the expandables, then watch it, you'll have a good time, otherwise id suggest some other action movie, The Raid maybe? both 1 and 2

Random question' date=' but is The Expendables worth a watch?[/quote']

If you like action, the actors playing in it, explosions and don't care about a story (oh and if you like silly puns) then go for it :D

I personaly love them, I've seen 1 and 2 multiple times and I'm definitely going to watch 3 soon.

Just want to put a warning out there that you should not, under any circumstances, watch The Contract (the 2006 one with Cusack and Freeman). I wish I would've known earlier so I coud've warned Cusack and Freeman not to pick this film as it probably must've been the worst they've ever done. Putting it short, the script of this film ticks all the wrong boxes to make for some of the most boring, predictable and cliché film I've ever seen.

I kept on hoping the film would get better so I have seen all of it, but it just kept getting worse instead.. :rolleyes:

anybody got a suggestion for some good foreign action movies?

I feel like watching something of the likes of IP Man, The Raid, Ong Bak

If you have any suggestion dont be shy and post them!

PS. If you can though, try not to give me any titles of movies older than the 90s, 'cause i dont really feel like watching the Bruce Lee/Akira kurosawa type of movies, i'd like something a little bit more modern, hope you know what i mean :D

I feel like watching something of the likes of IP Man' date=' The Raid, Ong Bak

If you have any suggestion dont be shy and post them!

PS. If you can though, try not to give me any titles of movies older than the 90s, 'cause i dont really feel like watching the Bruce Lee/Akira kurosawa type of movies, i'd like something a little bit more modern, hope you know what i mean :D

If you haven't seen District 13 yet you're in luck. Amazing film and the type you're looking for :)

Maybe John Woo? "Killer" or "Hard Boiled" pops in mind. "Merantau" could be interesting for killing some time (Gareth Evans + Iko Uwais) or you could turn to Korean thrillers like "I saw the devil" or "Man from nowhere". "The good, the bad and the weird" is also great fun, but I guess it deviates from current choice :)

is the mad max trilogy worth watching?

Long time ago BUT really remember enjoying the first & the others were'nt bad but a lot of time & probably a lot more similar films have come & gone since then. Just wonder wether it will feel dated now??? "Suck it & see" :)

is the mad max trilogy worth watching?

I really enjoyed the first two (haven't been able to see the third). Back in the days it was revolutionary, these days it looks a bit silly I guess but if you don't mind that its very enjoyable. I guess you should just give the first one a go and if you like it go on, if you don't I wouldn't bother watching the 2nd (nor the 3rd probably).

I'm going to see the Expendables 3 tonight, really excited and I can't wait. I just don't care about the story nor anything else, all I want is silly puns, explosions and Jason Statham and I bet they'll deliver :D

Watched the "new" Godzilla with my son last night. We both hated it & didn't bother waiting til the end. Formulaic & basically boring :(

lol the end is the best part :D

The end is why many people actually dont hate the movie!

If the movie ended at like 1 hour 20 minues in everyone would absolutely hate it, but the last 20 minutes make it redeem itself from the other 1+ hour of almost action and dull uninteresting characters

Watched The Double yesterday. Interesting movie' date=' loved the soundtrack. 7/10. Watched Butterfly effect as well. Have some nonsense stuff, but i give 8.5/10. I am now hooked on time travel and theory of relativity. I love films that makes us research.[/quote']

Primer is quite an interesting time travel movie, pretty complex in the whole explanation of how it works and all, for me, whose english isnt the first language, it took a couple of views of the movie, aswell as reading a couple of summaries to actually understand their version of time travel and their rules etc. But its really worth watching, especially since its an indie movie.

Another really great time travel movie is Twelve Monkeys, its quite a complex movie with a great yet dramatic concept of time travel, you will definetly enjoy it.

Then of course there is the Back to the future franchise, pretty self explanatory :D

If you want abit more of a simplistic kind of time travel movies, some in which time travel isnt the main theme, or where its not exactly explained to make actual scientific sense,

then Timecop is a good choice, Van Damme at his best in an action packed movie, which obviously as read on the title of the movie, has time travel :D

The One with jet li is another good one, more of an alternate reality travel than time travel, but hey, its still action packed and jet li is awesome :D

About Time is a really good time travel movie, i put it down here with the likes of timecop and the one because it focuses more on the romance, since its more of a romance/drama kind of movie, with of course the added sci fi, but still the time travel part is definetly an important part, its a great movie by the way

The latest x men (days of future past) is really good too

Looper is a decent time travel movie.

A couple more that come to mind that might not be exactly time travel movies, but kind of have a similar subject:

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

The Fountain (pretty weird concept if you ask me)

Source Code

Donnie Darko

Moon (2009)

Im sure im missing a couple of other good ones that currently just cant think of, i do hope you will watch and enjoy some of these, because a few of the movies i mentioned are really worth a watch