Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

fraser mcinnes

Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

A great British film for people who like a bit of fighting. Features Leyland actor Mark Strange with a lot of the scenes filmed in Leyland,Preston,Lancaster.

basically the film is about 12 fighters from all different backgrounds who are given the chance to fight in an underground tournament for the prize of £500.000. Money is placed on them by wealthy business people who decide who will fight who.

Tells the story of their backgrounds and how they have come to fight in the tournament. Really enjoyed it all the actors are trained in various forms of martial arts so the fight scenes were something else.

Has anyone seen either The Green Hornet or 127 Hours? I'm thinking of going to see one of them soon, I'd like to hear peoples views.

Seen 127 hours last thursday ' date=' decent film nothing more . Not a lot happens, but hey what do you expect ? Personally wouldnt go and see it, rather spend your money elsewhere. It is a decent film though...[/quote']

I quite enjoyed it to be honest, although I can see why some people wouldn't like it (or like it as much as I did, like the missus actually) simply because it's just a guy stuck between a rock and a hard place. I think the fact that it's such an extraodinary feat - probably not the right word there - that makes the story worth seeing. The lead actor, James Franco I think his name was, was excellent as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Black Swan earlier this week. I would echo everything Johnny said on the previous page, it was absolutely fantastic. I like to think that a really good film gets people talking when you leave the cinema and doesn't easily leave you afterwards, this did both with aplomb.

Hope Natalie Portman wins best actress as well, she was superb.

A great British film for people who like a bit of fighting. Features Leyland actor Mark Strange with a lot of the scenes filmed in Leyland' date='Preston,Lancaster.

basically the film is about 12 fighters from all different backgrounds who are given the chance to fight in an underground tournament for the prize of £500.000. Money is placed on them by wealthy business people who decide who will fight who.

Tells the story of their backgrounds and how they have come to fight in the tournament. Really enjoyed it all the actors are trained in various forms of martial arts so the fight scenes were something else.[/color']

Just thought i would bring this back up found the trailer for anybody that is interested. My friend Mark is one of the leading actors as in this as well as helping produce it. Lot of hard work went in to this film. Anybody that enjoys martial arts will love it.

Qh2RJC15svw

Riferimento: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

Ive just watched 'Inception' the new movie starring leonardo di caprio, and i gotta say that this movie was unbelieveably good!!!

Every Minute of it was entertaining, and just when you think it can't get anymore intricate and astounding, it does.

A must watch, i reccomend it!!!

I am really really pleasured with it, it probably goes in my top 10 best movies ive watched, made in this millennium (from 2000 onwards)

Re: Riferimento: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

Ive just watched 'Inception' the new movie starring leonardo di caprio' date=' and i gotta say that this movie was unbelieveably good!!!

Every Minute of it was entertaining, and just when you think it can't get anymore intricate and astounding, it does.

I am really really pleasured with it, it probably goes in my top 10 best movies ive watched, made in this millennium (from 2000 onwards)[/quote']

Absolutlet loved Inception. Awesome movie.

The Fighter is good, not great. I suspect it's nod for Best Film at the Oscars owes more to two or three really great performances from the cast than the film itself, which when you strip it down doesn't do all that much to differentiate itself from a slightly above average sports film.

That said Amy Adams is great as is Melissa Leo, but Christian Bale is worth the entrance fee alone. Every bit as good as his best work in Rescue Dawn, American Psycho or The Machinist, for my money.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive just watched 'Inception' the new movie starring leonardo di caprio' date=' and i gotta say that this movie was unbelieveably good!!!

I am really really pleasured with it, it probably goes in my top 10 best movies ive watched, made in this millennium (from 2000 onwards)[/quote']

I really hope it wins the Oscar for Best Picture,amazing movie!!!

Christian Bale is worth the entrance fee alone. Every bit as good as his best work in Rescue Dawn' date=' American Psycho or The Machinist, for my money.[/quote']

Bale owned this role!!Amazing performance I absolutely loved his character!

Riferimento: Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

Green hornet-cracking film' date='well recommend it:)[/quote']

i actually didnt like it too much, i totally didnt like the main Actor(seth rogen), didnt make me feel like that was his role, he was just too comedian and too troglodite to do the role he was supposed to do (son of a multimilionaire, best schools and stuff) his way of talking doesnt fit the role he interpreted also he was totally out of place in the fights, totally wrong actor for the role imo.

I would have seen Ryan Reynolds much better (as at first i think it was supposed to be him starring as green hornet), Ryan is much more classy and has the right amont of comicity would have been perfect.

The fight scenes werent as good as expected, when Kato fights it doent feel like its real.

Worth a one time watch, and maybe when it will be on TV if its you TV movie night.

It may not be a new film but I recently watched Wolf Creek and I have to say that is a pretty scary film. Well' date=' more gory than scary but still...[/font']

Seen that and I thought it was done really well. I do like an Australian film, and I recommend anyone who likes a good crime drama to have a look at Animal Kingdom. My favourite film of 2010, and if it was American, it would be a shoe-in for some oscar nominations, best film, best director, and best supporting actress. As it's Australian, few people will have seen it.

YNszOl14AWg

R5BsYRmMfus

It may not be a new film but I recently watched Wolf Creek and I have to say that is a pretty scary film. Well' date=' more gory than scary but still...[/font']

I quite like Wolf Creek, good shout. Unsettling.

Caught True Grit last week, I really liked it. It's not a typical Coen brothers film but it works as a more-or-less straight up Western. I could watch Jeff Bridges in anything though, he's great.

I know it's an old movie but recently I watched Ali G in da house - absouloutley loved it.

Also re atched Anchorman The legend of Ron Burgundy - probaly the funnyest movie ever made.

The Fighter is good' date=' not great. I suspect it's nod for Best Film at the Oscars owes more to two or three really great performances from the cast than the film itself, which when you strip it down doesn't do all that much to differentiate itself from a slightly above average sports film.

That said Amy Adams is great as is Melissa Leo, but Christian Bale is worth the entrance fee alone. Every bit as good as his best work in Rescue Dawn, American Psycho or The Machinist, for my money.[/quote']

Great Film,I love Boxing Films on the whole and it's second behind The Raging Bull for me,Rocky is great but it isn't really a serious boxing movie so won't count it,however I found that Christian Bale's performance as Dicky Ecklund was superb,infact I thought most of the supporting cast was great but ended up outperforming Mark Wahlberg who was supposed to the main man in Micky Ward,I don't think Wahlberg was bad but he just wasn't up to the level of the other actors for me.

I think the main thing this film lacked was the Gatti vs Ward trilogy,as a boxing fan that was the key and the main part to his career as a boxer and why Ward is so revered throughout America,however with Gatti now been dead it's obviously something that I can understand not been put into the movie,still it's a shame because when you hear the name Mickey Ward you automatically think about the fights he had with Gatti,