Sign in to follow this  
fraser mcinnes

Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

Step Brothers is one of the stupidest films I have ever seen. But it did make me laugh during some part such as when they both dress as Nazis and KKK to put off people buying the house :D Would give it a 6/10.

The Inbetweeners Movie - Good humoured film with alot of funny gags throughout. Would only watch if you are used to the show and you know what's going on :P, Rate - 8.5/10. :)

Beneath Hill 60

Set during World War I, the film tells the story of the 1st Australian Tunnelling Company’s effort to mine beneath a German bunker and detonate an explosive charge to aid the advance of British troops.[2] The screenplay is based on an account of the ordeal written by Captain Oliver Woodward,[3] who is portrayed by Brendan Cowell in the film.

This has to be one of the best movies I have watched. Tells the true story of Oliver Woodward. He must leave hes love and go to fight at the Western front.

Recommend this to everyone even if your not a big fan of war films.

Watched Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol today' date=' was better than I expected with some great scenes, good action and Simon Pegg added some humour to it. 9/10.[/quote']

I wasnt over keen on it tbh.

The actions scenes were good and the basic plot line was good however there was too much technical mumbo jumbo for my liking.

Simon Pegg was a positive though.

When im leaving the cinema I shouldnt feel like ive been in there for the last 25 days.

Got Senna for Christmas and what a film it is, really powerful and well made. If you're a fan of F1 and want to watch a great film/documentary on the best driver of all time then this is a must see.

Soundtrack is well sourced as well.

10/10.

Watched Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol today' date=' was better than I expected with some great scenes, good action and Simon Pegg added some humour to it. 9/10.[/quote']

I saw it on the BFI Imax and it was incredible... The Dark Knight Rises prologue was epic too :).

Watched The Iron Lady last night. Meryl Streep's portrayal of Thatcher is excellent and the film is worth seeing for that alone really. I didn't really enjoy watching it though as I completely disagree with setting the film in the present and flashing back to points of her life as I don't think her current ill health is understood by anybody, let alone a director who mainly uses it to get laughs. It's certainly not a point of her life which needs to be depicted by the film, and certainly not with the screen-time it was given.

Watched The Iron Lady last night. Meryl Streep's portrayal of Thatcher is excellent and the film is worth seeing for that alone really. I didn't really enjoy watching it though as I completely disagree with setting the film in the present and flashing back to points of her life as I don't think her current ill health is understood by anybody' date=' let alone a director who mainly uses it to get laughs. It's certainly not a point of her life which needs to be depicted by the film, and certainly not with the screen-time it was given.[/quote']

Echoed a lot of my sentiments here.

I thought it was an excellent film and depiction of her, however some could be construed as a little tasteless.

Also watched Serbian film for the second time last night, just to make sure that if there was any doubt, that I am indeed going to hell:D

Saw 127 hours yesterday after deciding to not watch it at the cinema in 2010' date=' Danny Boyle created a masterpiece. 9/10.[/quote']

Wow, someone's very late :P;)

In other news, watched a great movie recently. Relatively unknown 'The Machinist'. Great acting from Christian Bale, he sacrificed his body and dropped from 190 to 130 lbs for that movie! Only to then go to 220 lbs for the Dark Knight!

Has anyone seen sherlock holmes 2? How does it compare to the first one? Is it better/worse?

Watched it on saturday haven't seen the first one but the second one was fairly decent. Quite confusing but I'm guessing cause I haven't seen the first one.

Watched two films today: Ghost Rider 2 and Source Code.

Ghost Rider 2 wasn't very good, I read a review which describes it as 'one long chase sequence' or something to that effect and it's pretty accurate. The speical effects were pretty good, but the story is horrible, there's lots of massive plot holes, a few silly jokes, the writing was awful... it was just a really bad film. It really is stupid at times... shame because I was really looking forward to it but the directors have done a terrible job. = *

Then I watched Source Code... I don't know if it was because Ghost Rider 2 was so bad but I thought it was incredible. The premise is that a man finds himself on a train and has 8 minutes to find the bomber. Every time the 8 minutes are up, he goes back in again, hopefully trying to find out more each time and eventually find said bomber. It goes a lot deeper than that and I thought it was brilliant. It's from the same director who did Moon and he did a great job. = *****

Recently became a member with Blockbusters and got a great deal of one free movie everyday for a fortnight. Here's my review on Limitless which I think is the best movie I've took out so far.

Limitless

An epic-mystery thriller starring Bradley Cooper. The whole film revolves around the fantasy drug called 'NZT', which allows the person to activate all of his brain, as the drug triggers the synapses or something like that. The concept is amazing, but like every drug it has it's flaws, which that are brilliantly shown in the movie with great camera affects, these take effect the night Cooper murders a model. For me this is where the movie started to drift off and lose its plot.

The movie could've gone down two parts, but it chose to mix both together, Cooper's character continues to be hassled by a drug dealer who discovers the effects of the drug, while being a businessmen with one of the richest men in the world. It doesn't really work, but the action never lets up which is what continues you to carry on watching.

The ending is unclear, the final scene see's Cooper running in an an election for what I can only assume to be for the Mayor. But he is interrupted by the rich businessmen(De Niro he once worked with who has realised how Cooper became so smart. Cooper then claims to have manufactured the drug in a way that there are no side-effects and he demonstrates his super-natural powers by predicting a car-crash and feeling the heart of De Niro where he can recognize the weakness of his heart valves and aorta's, through thick-leather gloves may I add.

Overall, it's a movie worth seeing just for the stunning visuals and effects that show what it'd be like to be super-human, they are truly breath-taking. But it can be easy to get lost in the plot if you don't pay attention, there are many scenes that could've been better written or not written at all.

Rating 8.5/10

Just watched the horror Eden Lake.

Pretty grim, not because its gory. Although some of the scenes are not pretty at all, but because sadly, you can actually see this happening. :eek:

anyone else seen it?

7/10 !

Worth a watch. A couple of recognisable faces including cook from skins :P

Also watched Serbian film for the second time last night' date=' just to make sure that if there was any doubt, that I am indeed going to hell:D[/quote']

Good god.

I watched that a few months back. Believe it or not the unedited version.

Me and my mates discussed our lack of morales and values as soon as we watched that film. Truly horrific film... curiosity always gets me though.

Worse thing is, one of my mates who watched it says he has seen a film worse...... I have to watch that now :eek::o

EDIT: You have watched it twice... haha brave man.

Just watched the horror Eden Lake.

Pretty grim' date=' not because its gory. Although some of the scenes are not pretty at all, but because sadly, you can actually see this happening. :eek:

anyone else seen it?

7/10 !

Worth a watch. A couple of recognisable faces including cook from skins :P[/quote']

Yeah, I saw this last year. It's pretty good from what I can remember, the storyline is very appealing, as there are a few twists and all. The acting was spot on though. If I was to rate this, I probably would give it a 7 aswell, maybe touching an 8 if I'm in a good mood :P

I saw 'The Vow' the other night, pretty good, very touching storyline based on real events. If your into relationships and true love and everything then watch this!

8/10 IMO :)

Watched a Serbian Film earlier, and oh my good god! I was horrified at how graphic this was. It was disgusting. Not sure if I'd recommend it as I think I may now be scarred for life. :o

Watched a Serbian Film earlier' date=' and oh my good god! I was horrified at how graphic this was. It was disgusting. Not sure if I'd recommend it as I think I may now be scarred for life. :o[/quote']

Mate, it is a great film.

When I heard about the content I though it was going to be another OTT gore-fest with not much plot, acting ability on show.

How wrong I was.

The acting is superb to the extent you actually feel sympathy for Milos. The 'horrific' scenes are in context with the film and are not there 'just to make it more gory'.

I also loved the fact that it took a while for the 'extreme' stuff in the film, it allowed you to undertand the characters and I was hooked with suspense.

The fact that it is a very very good film will never be appreciated due to the controversial scenes, but considering I felt as though my soul had been raped I would watch it again.