Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

Can't recommend Source Code enough' date=' extremely under-rated film at 7.6 on IMDB. Don't miss it, there's so much in this film, that its totally satisfying first time but you get more & more everytime you watch it. Mystery Thriller with a bit of intelligent quantam mechanics science, but that's just one of many themes in the film :):):)[/quote']

Didn't find it as good as other movies that Gyllenhaal stars in, still decent though

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen Indiana Bones and the Temple of Booty' date=' Star Whores or maybe Sorest Rump [/color']

Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen You know when u HAVE to watch a film & your sure it's not going to be very good. I watched Robot & Frank 2012 tonight & well was I suprised! It

Just saw Angela's Ashes on the prodding of Valentia ...

It's a bit of a biography of American-Irish author McCourt and I guess it's really a depression era movie.

Pretty decent movie actually as it tries to marry a bit of humor with the hardships experienced by immigrants..

Have not read the book so not sure how well it was translated and no.

Decent dialogue and I guess a 7+ rating by IMBD is fair-no Woody Allen film though..

If I were in America I could say "I love you, dad", the way they do in the films. But in Limerick they'd laugh at you. In Limerick you are only allowed to say you love God, and babies, and horses that win. Anything else is softness in the head.

Just watched Zombie Ass: Toiled of the Dead and at the end of the movie i was like

20561331.jpg

Between the scenes of tentacle p*rn, Zombies anally possessed by freaking monster-parasites full of sh*t (Literally full of sh*t), and ppl f*rt-flying i dont really know what has been the most absurd thing in the movie...

The film was so f*cked up i had 3 hands on my face facepalming...

But since its Japanese it actually classifies as a masterpiece to me xD hahahahhahaha

Visited my local cinema last night to see The Bourne Legacy. I don't really know what to say. After seeing the previous three I had high expectations but I was skeptical with Matt Damon not being among the cast.

The action in the film was top draw, alot like the other three and it's something I've come to expect of Bourne films. The storyline however left alot to be desired.

7.5/10.

Well' date=' it might be. I don't know why you are trying to make me think i am wrong or something, because my opinion is different lol[/quote']

no not trying to make u think your wrong :o

Just saying there is a lot more to this film & I "Gained" more insight with each viewing & altho I'm not one to watch films more than once, If they have more to give then it makes a better film for me. More to think about if u like. Just wanting people to give it an extra chance it's basically overall a greatly underated film at 7.6 IMDB.

I would have loved u or others to comeback & say yes I know what you mean but not much chance now I guess :o

Watched a couple of older British films really quite good and both starring Micheal Caine ..

Without a Clue-Sherlock Holmes 1988 (available on you tube movies) comedy spoof

Sleuth (also found on you tube) with Sir Lawrence Olivier

Excellent plots and superb acting..certainly worth a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Been meaning to watch it for a while now and finally watched 'The Butterfly Effect' last night.

My kind of movie. Really great movie' date=' plays with your mind a lot. I would very highly recommend it. Ashton Kutcher is brilliant

[YOUTUBE']B8_dgqfPXFg[/YOUTUBE]

It is a very clever film.

Went and seen Killing Them Softly last week' date=' it was ok bit of a poor ending and I believe they could have put more action parts in it.

6/10[/quote']

Really wanted to see it, but I'll wait.

Recently seen:

Prometheus - liked it a lot.

Water for Elephants - was forced to watch it but really enjoyed it.

Taken 2 - much like Taken - I would recommend it.

Expendables - watched before no.2, enjoyable.

Expendables 2 - It is what it is - but cool at the same time.

Safehouse - Really enjoyed it, Denzel of course.

Snow White and the Huntsman - average at best.

Columbiana - Really really good.

Fast Five - havent seen last 2 fast films but really enjoyed this.

Contagion - Slow burner but good.

American Reunion - funny as.

What I have to see on USB (S for seen at Cinema): Avengers(S), Contraband(S), Haywire, Act of Valor, Conan, Wrath of the Titans.

Really want to see Sinister, and looking forward to Skyfall a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched a few films recently..

Cabin in the woods - One of the worst films I've ever seen. Thought it was gunna be a good horror film, but no, unrealistic and truly... RUBBISH.

Ill Manors - Quality. All I can describe it as. My type of film. Soundtrack (Plan B's album) is so good as well.

Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter - Pretty good to be fair.

Watched Taken 2 last weekend, I really dis-liked it. The first one was way better if anyone watched it.

The Hunger Games: Watched it as it was on Netflix and I think it's a good movie but the hype it got was too exaggerated imo.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: If you liked the movie 'Kickass' you should watch this right now, it's really funny:D

Watched Taken 2 last weekend' date=' I really dis-liked it. The first one was way better if anyone watched it.

The Hunger Games: Watched it as it was on Netflix and I think it's a good movie but the hype it got was too exaggerated imo.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: If you liked the movie 'Kickass' you should watch this right now, it's really funny:D[/quote']

That's funny, I watched two of those three films in the past fortnight as well! You're right, Taken 2 was horrendous. Corny, ridiculous and not a patch on the first. Don't go and see it based on it being top of the box office. On the flip side, I really enjoyed Scott Pilgrim, it's quite an odd film but in a really good way. I now have a massive thing for Mary Elizabeth Winstead as well.