Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

I agree' date=' though I do have to admit that it doesn't beat Inglorious Basterds for me. But still its a must see![/quote']

I just think Brad Pitt is very good in pretty much all his films, IB, Fight Club, Se7en etc. I hope he manages to save World War Z, had a good concept but trailer wise it looks awful.

Anybody seen anything of World War Z, they've made the classic Hollywood move of ignoring the Books concept, changing everything and sticking a big name on it.

I watched both Punisher movies again. Thomas Jane's is by far the better version, while War Zone has it's good bits the lead guy is a poor actor and very boring. A new Punisher out next year and I think after Jane's DIRTYLAUNDRY video he wants the part. GIVE IT TO HIM. Highly recommend any fans of Comic Books or just good action, acting and story to watch the first Punisher.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen Indiana Bones and the Temple of Booty' date=' Star Whores or maybe Sorest Rump [/color']

Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen You know when u HAVE to watch a film & your sure it's not going to be very good. I watched Robot & Frank 2012 tonight & well was I suprised! It

I just think Brad Pitt is very good in pretty much all his films' date=' IB, Fight Club, Se7en etc. I hope he manages to save World War Z, had a good concept but trailer wise it looks awful.

Anybody seen anything of World War Z, they've made the classic Hollywood move of ignoring the Books concept, changing everything and sticking a big name on it.

[/quote']

By the looks of a trailer, it's a complete disaster, those zombies were... Not zombies? And add a director who was sliced and diced after Quantum of Shaky Cam Solace - it doesn't look good. Though, I won't judge it till I see it, hope we are wrong (highly doubt it) :rolleyes:

Just remember I saw a trailer yesterday before Django of The Man with the Iron Fists, not released here yet but I think it is elswhere, anyone seen it? Ratings/critics don't say much good but it just looked like a good bit of fun with big fights 'n martial arts etc.

Just remember I saw a trailer yesterday before Django of The Man with the Iron Fists' date=' not released here yet but I think it is elswhere, anyone seen it? Ratings/critics don't say much good but it just looked like a good bit of fun with big fights 'n martial arts etc.[/quote']

I'd put the movie in "so bad it's good" category :) It's just cliche after cliche, some scenes are just way over the top, cheesy one-liners, actors were there for fun only... But this is what is expected, so just turn off the brain and you'll have a good time ;)

Bit of a weird one' date=' but a good film without doubt!

[b']Seen Taken 2 yesterday, if you expect the worst its not that bad :o[/b]

Yeah I agree, I was expecting a poor film and was pleasantly surprised.

But I felt Liam's performance was to fake and it felt as if he was "acting" :P excuse the pun.

Yeah I agree' date=' I was expecting a poor film and was pleasantly surprised.

But I felt Liam's performance was to fake and it felt as if he was "acting" :P excuse the pun.[/color']

Its just that I thought the end was really stupid :rolleyes: I mean they all have guns, they even have AK's and then the old man doesn't even have a derringer or whatever? Come on! :P

Its just that I thought the end was really stupid :rolleyes: I mean they all have guns' date=' they even have AK's and then the old man doesn't even have a derringer or whatever? Come on! :P[/quote']

LOL yeah is quite weird, but in some "gangs the leaders/bosses never carry, only the body guards. So it does hold some water.

No' date=' that's the one with that dude that somehow doesn't get eaten by the giant tiger while both are on a boat ;)[/quote']

Oh lol i watched PI the movie i think, good but very weird film

:eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_%28film%29

made with a budget of $60,000 and won many international awards. But be warned it does mess with the mind a little :P

Oh lol i watched PI the movie i think' date=' good but very weird film

:eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_%28film%29

made with a budget of $60,000 and won many international awards. But be warned it does mess with the mind a little :P

Seems its a lot about maths and numbers, that'll completely ruin my mind :P

Seems its a lot about maths and numbers' date=' that'll completely ruin my mind :P[/quote']

Haha yeah i like those movies that make you think a bit, but this one had so many underlying meanings and connotations.

Still worth a watch, about a guy whos life gets taken away from him because he is to involve in his work and tries to find an answer to a near impossible question/problem.

To listen to 3 hours worth of black people been called N.....

Im sure theres a few people out there who wouldn't be to keen on listening to that.

It could help people become less stupid about it, things like racism are stupid and not worth spending time on it. And with that I don't mean that racists are good and we should just ignore them, with that I mean that racism is a stupid thing to do anyway because we're all human and we're all different. Who cares what colour, language, faith or how many legs and toes you have :o

To listen to 3 hours worth of black people been called N.....

Im sure theres a few people out there who wouldn't be to keen on listening to that.

Racism's like a lot of other is'ms, have to be faced. To be able to judge what they stand for and then opposed in this hopefully MORE enlightened age we live in.

I can understand your dislike of hearing these profanities so often & tho I haven't watched the film yet, I will soon. Hopefully the director, scriptwriter will be making the right message in the subtext. I'm pretty sure they will.

Racism's like a lot of other is'ms' date=' have to be faced. To be able to judge what they stand for and then opposed in this hopefully MORE enlightened age we live in.

I can understand your dislike of hearing these profanities so often & tho I haven't watched the film yet, I will soon. Hopefully the director, scriptwriter will be making the right message in the subtext. I'm pretty sure they will.[/quote']

No its not me mate personally I think the racesm used in the film was funny not in a harsh but a funny way and ino the director didnt mean it badly.

For example as i qued up to get my large popcorn some nut job asked if the film was racist which it ovbs is and one of the assaistants said yes it is very racisist so that individual said im going home cant be watching somthing that promotes racsism i had the thing or somthing along the lines so even though people like our selfs dont mind it there are those out there that do so all I was saying is that if you are one of those people its not a film for :)