Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

fraser mcinnes

Re: Rate/Discuss Recent Films You HAVE Seen

Try renting the dvd' date=' sometimes they have the trailers in the begining[/color']

Its not on dvd yet ;)

Just watched the Hangover 3 a while ago, good laugh with a pretty good storyline.

Also watched Donnie Darko a few days ago..blew my mind!

Just watched Lock' date=' Stock and Two Smoking Barrels on ITV. Great film. Makes me laugh each time I watch it. Very much dark humour and black comedy[/quote']

I stayed up to watch it even though I'd been at a wedding all day, totally knackered but completely worth it!

Watched Friends with Kids & The Heist (Freeman, Walken, Macy) (both other half choices). Completely not what they are branded like.

I was told Friends with Kids is a comedy, I laughed once, she didnt laugh at all - it's more like a drama but does have Megan Fox in it for a while so that's something.

Then I was told The Heist was a slick crime thriller, & with Morgan Freeman, Christopher Walken & William H. Macy I was very much looking forward to it going from the bluray cover. I was disappointed.

It's more like a comedy (& don't get me wrong there are some funny scenes) but overall I just didnt get the point of it lol.

Haha I know' date=' I just don't really know how else to describe it :o Like I said, unless I actually know the name of the film I doubt I'll find anything out about it with the stuff I can remember.

Definitely not the Hunger Games 2 though (which is a film I'm looking forward to seeing). Thanks anyway.

Edit: One more edit. Another trailer that looks good is This Is The End.[/quote']

Elysium? Sci-fi with Matt Damon and directed by Blomkamp (District 9)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0UJYDGy_pXerTLqy8cY4fSLBjXfiXttIuezM361IpxywBX4bYeQ

'An adaptation of Homer's great epic, the film follows the assault on Troy by the united Greek forces and chronicles the fates of the men involved.'

Finally got around to watching another one of my back catalogue of films and I was mightily impressed always been a fan of Brad Pitts work (He never does a bad film), been studying Iliad at college so I found the film riddled with historic inaccuracies but the action in the film more than made up for it. Eric Bana as Hector is head and shoulders the best performer in this. The fight scenes rank with some of the best i've seen especially the latter fight between Hector and Achilles which is probably the best one i've seen. Recommend this to anyone who likes 300 (And who doesn't like 300?).

7.5/10

Prank

MV5BMjA0ODQ3MjgwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc0MzIyOA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Watched Prank last night, was quite good in a weird sort of way, about bullying and the consequences of it, does have a twist at the end and is a bit gruesome at parts.

Worth a watch none the less, got a 8.2/10 on IMDB for me it was a 6.8 to 7 our of 10

Prank

MV5BMjA0ODQ3MjgwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc0MzIyOA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Watched Prank last night' date=' was quite good in a weird sort of way, about bullying and the consequences of it, does have a twist at the end and is a bit gruesome at parts.

Worth a watch none the less, got a 8.2/10 on IMDB for me it was a 6.8 to 7 our of 10[/color']

8.2? Where'd you get that from? I'm looking at 5.5/10

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0UJYDGy_pXerTLqy8cY4fSLBjXfiXttIuezM361IpxywBX4bYeQ

'An adaptation of Homer's great epic' date=' the film follows the assault on Troy by the united Greek forces and chronicles the fates of the men involved.'[/i']

Finally got around to watching another one of my back catalogue of films and I was mightily impressed always been a fan of Brad Pitts work (He never does a bad film), been studying Iliad at college so I found the film riddled with historic inaccuracies but the action in the film more than made up for it. Eric Bana as Hector is head and shoulders the best performer in this. The fight scenes rank with some of the best i've seen especially the latter fight between Hector and Achilles which is probably the best one i've seen. Recommend this to anyone who likes 300 (And who doesn't like 300?).

7.5/10

Agree with some parts of this but disagree on Brad Pitt's performance, wasn't convinced by him at all.

Comedy' date=' Adventure, Crime, Mystery, Mind rape 90's to present[/color']

I don't watch much comedy and dunno what you mean by mind rape (Mulholland Drive-esque?) but for crime, anything based around serial killers or gangsters I tend to like.

Ridley Scott's Hannibal films, Tarentino pseudo gangster films are among my go to movies if I get that urge.

Thanks for the suggestions

:) look quite good.

But for tonight's movie, I have chosen a more light hearted one. Silver Linings Playbook.

MV5BMTM2MTI5NzA3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODExNTc0OA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

7.9/10

Clearly cant be all that bad for a RomCom can it? Well I shall just have to find out before hitting the hay for the night :)

MV5BMTM3NTg2NDQzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjc2NzQzOQ@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Hobbs has Dom and Brian reassemble their crew in order to take down a mastermind who commands an organization of mercenary drivers across 12 countries. Payment? Full pardons for them all.

Forgot to mention that i'd gone to see Fast 6 in the cinema last week, i'm a sucker for cars anyway and i've always been a big fan of the series and it only seems to be getting better. Might be rose tinted glasses because The Rocks still in it (Greatest Person Alive) but it really has been improving finally made Tokyo Drift link in as well and I can't wait for the next one, if you're going to watch this for realism you're going to have a bad time ;)

9/10

Went to the Cinema last week with my eldest son & watched "Man of Steel" ... Great Movie & an upgrade on previous Superman films.

Liked it, much like the "upgrade the Bond Films have received in recent years. 10/10 on first impressive viewing, will reassess when I watch it again in 6months or so. My son absolutely loved it :) Cavill was excellent.