Sergio Busquets

BadBlueBoys

Did some magic on the search tool, but the only thread that came up was this one

This is his picture

SergioBusquets.jpg

I really don't know much about this player, except that he played today whole 90 minutes in a dominant, but sore draw for Barcelona against Racing Santander. He is not in the DB as this is his 1st cap in Spanish 1st division, but i feel he could be added after this (im not sure about that 450 min rule).

Here ares some internet data i found on him: He is 20 yrs old, born July 16th 1988 in Spain. His playing position is CM. He is Barca academy player and last season he had 28 caps for Barcelona B, scoring 1 goal. And one more thing, he is the son of former FC Barcelona goalkeeper Carles Busquets, so, maybe some good genes then:p

And just to mention off topic, that Pedrito also played full 90 minutes today, so IMO some strange moves there by Guardiola, and only 1 point in 2 games...

Re: Sergio Busquets

Cheers for filling in m8, as i said, i just heard for this player. I read on Wikipedia that he as called to Copa de Catalunya, but doesn't say anything about caps, so didn't wanted to speculate there really.

And was really puzzled by the name:p , i know iki say Sergi, but on transfermarkt i find the name Sergio. Decided to trust them instead of wikipedia this time, as i figured Sergio is more common name. And on Barca site, here i was hopping for a most accurate info, he isn't even mentioned. Ill just leave it as it is.

Cheers again.

This guy is a must buy

He started again for Barca in La Liga last night alongside 96-rated Xavi, 95-rated Iniesta and 92-rated Keita. He played 81 minutes as Barca romped to a 6-1 victory against Sporting Gijon away from home, after playing 90 mins last week in the league game against Santander.

75 to 82 looks good this time around, with around 86/87 next time if he continues to start and play well.

• 4 weeks later...

Gonul Gohan went from 70 to 86 in one change, so no reason Sergio Busquets couldn't get a substantial increase. It's not like he's got 10 odd games over the course of the season, he's come into the team and cemented his place.

Oh, and I picked him up in around 8-10 GCs when he was added, for anything between 700k and 2.5mill, looking like some great business :)

ramsey got an 84 and this guy is playing at a higher level regularly' date=' 85 is possible, not many 75 rated players have scored in the champs league :D[/quote']

Your kidding right Ramsey is good but dont judge the players at such an early stage of their career Ramsey got an 84 as he played a few tiems for Cardiff last season and a bit for Arsenal lets be realistic he should be around the 80 mark

ramsey got an 84 and this guy is playing at a higher level regularly' date=' 85 is possible, not many 75 rated players have scored in the champs league :D[/quote']

Ramsey played quite a few games for Cardiff, and featured regularly in the FA Cup, on their way to the final. Added to this he's been getting a few games for Arsenal, playing well. He was also picked for Wales. Although 84 is slightly too high.

Busquets hasn't got any previous experience at senior level, and has only played 10 odd games.

Gonul Gohan went from 70 to 86 in one change' date=' so no reason Sergio Busquets couldn't get a substantial increase. It's not like he's got 10 odd games over the course of the season, he's come into the team and cemented his place.

Oh, and I picked him up in around 8-10 GCs when he was added, for anything between 700k and 2.5mill, looking like some great business :)[/quote']

Similar to Ramsey, Gokhan was getting games for Turkey, and played a lot more than Busquets has at the moment before the rating changes.

Ramsey played quite a few games for Cardiff, and featured regularly in the FA Cup, on their way to the final. Added to this he's been getting a few games for Arsenal, playing well. He was also picked for Wales. Although 84 is slightly too high.

Busquets hasn't got any previous experience at senior level, and has only played 10 odd games.

ramsey hadnt played many games for arsenal before his rating change, most of them have been since then, and i dont think ramsey has even played 10 competitve games for arsenal yet

baquets played in barce B for a while and played more games than ramsey did for cardiff

Well, he got that + 10 after all, and i will say that he deserved it.

Seft, when you compare a player who had almost 100% played games for Barca this season, scoring in CL, and playing almost every game for Barca, with the kid that had regular 2nd league football, go for the primera. Ramsey played 15 out of 46 games in 2nd eng league, and wouldn't be on 85 if the SM is not being biased on English football.

Anyhow, great player, great raise, and great future in front of him. Hope you guys got him when you could

How about this position change? Is he more defensively oriented than Yaya Toure or Essien? Every article I read seems to paint him more like a creative player with solid marking and tackling, as opposed to a link between CBs and CMs.

Possibly even more importantly: Does it even tactically matter?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is Guardian stats right' date=' has he stopped playing? I heard before of him having some issues with the manager, so what is his story like? Will he move to another club or did he just lose his spot? Should we sell? :([/quote']

He's just stalling on signing a new contract. I'd still keep him.

Juventus, Arsenal, Real Madrid and Liverpool are all keeping tabs on his situation.

Is Guardian stats right' date=' has he stopped playing? I heard before of him having some issues with the manager, so what is his story like? Will he move to another club or did he just lose his spot? Should we sell? :([/quote']

I use Guardian, and I've been told it's wrong. Would have a look at another site, but cbf.

In any case, he has brilliant potential, I definitely would NOT sell... unless it's to me of course. :)

Edit: Busquets has 6 starts in the league and 3 sub apps, 3 in the CL. Hmm, it does seem that he's fallen out of favour.

I use Guardian' date=' and I've been told it's wrong. Would have a look at another site, but cbf.

In any case, he has brilliant potential, I definitely would NOT sell... unless it's to me of course. :)[/quote']

Guardian gets a lot of things wrong. According to my stats he has played:

busquetshr2.png

As you can see he hasn't be playing as much after the rating changes, but a rise to about 87 is still on.