Theo Walcott

Dave Leigh

Theo Walcott  

1. 1.

• Stay at 88

Re: Theo Walcott

Well lets compare him to someone who plays in the same team and same position as Theo Walcott' date=' lets pick Emmanuel Eboue. Eboue is currently rated 89 and there is a slight rumor going around that he will go up to 90 so answer me this - Who is the better player Walcott or Eboue??

I am sure that anyone in there right mind would say Walcott so surely that means Theo deserves to be rated higher than Eboue. I would say he deserves at least an 89 but i believe there is a decent chance he will reach 90. :)[/quote']

I am not generally someone who gives my opinion on individual players but here goes my two cents : Walcott has been wonderful this season and had one good game for England but claiming that he "should" get to 90 is absurd. There are far better proven talents in the EPL itself - as many have pointed out here.

And for your comparison - you have taken the easiest of comparisons to make. But there is one serious flaw - if Theo is far better than Eboue as you claim to be then why is your own manager not picking him in front of Eboue. Theo was in the fringes all of last season and for a few matches in this as well when Eboue has started almost all. Explain that and lets see where we go.

I think that Theo would get to 89 this time around - but with SM being so conservative these days, even that is not a given. As for 90, let me say "no chance"

I am not generally someone who gives my opinion on individual players but here goes my two cents : Walcott has been wonderful this season and had one good game for England but claiming that he "should" get to 90 is absurd. There are far better proven talents in the EPL itself - as many have pointed out here.

And for your comparison - you have taken the easiest of comparisons to make. But there is one serious flaw - if Theo is far better than Eboue as you claim to be then why is your own manager not picking him in front of Eboue. Theo was in the fringes all of last season and for a few matches in this as well when Eboue has started almost all. Explain that and lets see where we go.

I think that Theo would get to 89 this time around - but with SM being so conservative these days' date=' even that is not a given. As for 90, let me say "no chance"[/quote']

Eboue is dreadful, him hitting a 90 would be ridiculous....but he has played regular premier league football which is something Walcott can't say.

Walcott has had some great moments but has only played 46 times for Arsenal at the top level (most of those as sub) and has only scored 4 goals! That warrants a 90....?

No chance - tbh looking at those stats even an 89 seems generous, but he was amazing for England and is getting more games for Arsenal so I would just about give him an 89.

Well lets compare him to someone who plays in the same team and same position as Theo Walcott' date=' lets pick Emmanuel Eboue. Eboue is currently rated 89 and there is a slight rumor going around that he will go up to 90 so answer me this - Who is the better player Walcott or Eboue??

I am sure that anyone in there right mind would say Walcott so surely that means Theo deserves to be rated higher than Eboue. I would say he deserves at least an 89 but i believe there is a decent chance he will reach 90. :)[/quote']

in that case eboue should fall by 1 and walcott should rise by 1, but if eboue is playing more then you could argue for parity @ 89

I have to agree with Arsenal 123 about the Ebouesless conparison, yes it is a weak comparison but Ebouesless is a weak player. Walcott does start ahead of him on the wing (this season) while Ebouesless is forced to play in the middle of the park seeing as we lack so much there.

His stats don't warrant a 90 no, but everything else in his game has improved, and build up plays to the goals he is brilliant but hasn't always been n the finishing end of moves to get the goals or assists. He should definatley get a 89, but theres no way he will get a 90 this time round as SM arn't usually that generous. But i rekon next time round he could be looking at a 90. Hes only 19 and has plenty of time to get up there with Messi and Ronaldo :D

Here! Here!

Walcott's performances this season have definately earned him a 90!

Why have there been no rating changes in the last 2 days?? :confused:

I'd assume b/c SM realized that the rating changes were going really slowly recently and that they were behind schedule. The probably decided to get their **** together and make sure they do a good job by taking a week off. It'll start up again next week.

Normally i would agree' date=' but SWp has had the same little burst of brilliance same as Theo, 3 goals in 3 games is it since hes been at City. But your right i would say if SWP is on a 90, then Walcott deserves an 89, next time round maybe a 90[/quote']

I don't reckon SWP is any better than Theo, without trying to be bias.

So if SWP stays at 90 Theo has to be at least a 89 and possibly a 90. The main reason being Theo is in both the short term and long term plans of England manager Fabio Capello and SWP currently isn't.

Although now SWP has left Chelsea and out of Fabio's short term plans he may go down to 89, although i doubt it. So i would say Theo up to 89 and SWP stays at 90 but Theo will most definitely surpase him in the future. :)

The only thing Theo lacked was first team experience, this had a knock on effect with his confidence, so when he did get first team chances, he blew them and had no final product (like aaron lennon may i add). But it seems this season Walcott is finally going to fulfill his potential and it looks like Arsene Wenger has played his cards right with another future star. His performances in both Europe, International and Premier league most definitely warrant a 90. No more yet though :)

Although now SWP has left Chelsea and out of Fabio's short term plans he may go down to 89' date=' although i doubt it. So i would say Theo up to 89 and SWP stays at 90 but Theo will most definitely surpase him in the future. :)[/quote']

SWP wouldn't drop, in fact, if he keeps up his performances, i'm confident he is a future 91/92.

As for walcott, 89 this time and perhaps 91/92 by the end of the season if he continues playing for arsenal and england.

cheers

I can see SWP gettin a 91 at most, but who knows who else the arab monopoly players are going to bring in.

A few people mentioned consitancy and complained he shouldt be a 90 because of his stats. He doesn't get all of the finishes or final products, but his build up play in most of the goals is brilliant. His ball control and finishing have improved by miles, and he can skin players superbly.

An old Arsenal player who didn't have the stats and had 2 pretty aweful seasons was Hleb, he got something like 3 goals at the beggining of the season then faded out, and got 3 or 4 assists for the rest of the season. And he was rated at 93 (5 points higher than Theo :confused: ). For an attacking midfielder 3/4 goals in a season and 4 assist doesn't warrant a 93, but again he was good in build up play, ball control and so forth.

Its the same with Theo, he doesnt have the assists and goals on paper (so far) but he has definatley warranted a 89 possibly 90 for his in game play and build up. Fabregas isn't always the one to produce the final pass, but he either starts it off, moves and spots runs, plays it on and ends up in a goal. Even if he doesn't get that final ball to the striker hes still brilliant in build up play, the same as Theo.

89 deffo this time maybe a 90. Hatrick against Sunderland tommorow should do it :D

A very talented winger / forward who is starting to show confidence and skills. Finally showing great potential. has bursting speed - A nightmare for any defender.

Good performances in the league and Europe so far, a 90 would do him justice I feel as he is now one of England's brightest talents. No more than 90 however at this point. Talking of other players in his position etc. SWP is finally finding form and maybe he is starting to pay off his current 90 rating? Or maybe a 91 for him? But no more.

Bentley isn't producing miracles at Spurs either at 91 :D But is capable of much more. We'll just have to wait till Spurs gel together as a team - Whenever that may be.

But so far, a great future lies ahead for Theo Walcott.