XBOX 360 (Games Review Thread)

Synyster

I'm making this thread so that we can post new games being released news from XBOX and Game Reviews so i am gonna start with a personal favourite of myen.

tna_game_cover.JPG

I Preodered this game 2 Months before the Release, the game is obviously great but lacks in match types only 5, but the reason i like this game is that its a breath of fresh air the wrestlers are different the modes are different the story is different.

TNA iMPACT is new, personally i am sick of playing as the same wrestlers Undertaker, Randy Orton, Batista, John Cena. TNA is fresh yes it contains the odd WWE wrestler here and there i like playing as Alex Shelley, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Senshi.

The gameplay is great its so reactive and realistic the real deal, the online mode i am yet to test it would be much better if more than 2 could play online but i am sure that it will be great, the wrestlers are also realistic.

The game is flawed to the bone and no more flawed than on Tag Team the AI is poor, there is no moves from the back, there is no excuse for this as the first moves from behind were perfected WWF No Mercy on the old Nintendo, The online mode SUCKS! It's unbelivable poor!

TNA_05b.jpg

tna-impact-20080414100931203_640w.jpg

This Games Gets

5.3 Outta 10

Re: XBOX 360 (Games Review Thread)

CALL OF DUTY 5 (World At War)

Call-Of-Duty-World-At-War_x360_PKGboxart_160w.jpg

Call of Duty: World at War throws out the rulebook of war to transform WWII combat through a new enemy, new tactics and an uncensored experience of the climatic battles that gripped a generation. As U.S. Marines and Russian soldiers, players will employ new features like cooperative gameplay, and weapons such as the flamethrower in the most chaotic and cinematically intense experience to date.

Call of Duty 4 Technology – Built using the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine, Call of Duty: World at War utilizes a bedrock of technology that delivers jaw-dropping visuals, while empowering players to employ elements like fire to affect the dynamics of the battlefield. Players that attempt to harness the power of new weapons, like the flamethrower, will find themselves capable of burning away environmental elements that give cover to a camouflaged enemy, leaving a charred battlefield – and their foes – in their wake

Coordinated Assault and Support – For the first time in the franchise, Call of Duty: World at War introduces co-op, bringing fresh meaning to the No One Fights Alone mantra. Call of Duty: World at War co-op features up to four-players online, or two-player local split-screen, allowing gamers to experience harrowing single-player missions together for greater camaraderie and tactical execution. The title also incorporates traditional multiplayer components such as challenges, rankings and online stats into the co-op campaign for deeper re-playability and advanced gameplay

New Theaters of Operation – Players fight as U.S. Marines and Russian soldiers facing enemies – some new to the Call of Duty franchise – that employ lethal new tactics and know no fear, no mercy, nor the rules of war. Epic conflicts are fought on multiple fronts, playing through the climactic battles of WWII in the grittiest, most chaotic and cinematically intense experience to date

Innovative Multiplayer – Multiplayer builds from the success of Call of Duty delivering a persistent online experience for more squad based interaction. New development with party systems allows an intimacy with squad based combat never before seen in Call of Duty. Combined infantry and vehicle missions add a new dimension to the online warfare and offers more PERK abilities

Cinematic Quality Graphics and Sound – Treyarch's award-winning sound department returns with effects that add to the already immersive cinematic intensity of the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare game engine

Here is a link to some screenshots!

• 2 months later...

Sorry if its off topic' date=' but I was thinking of buying an Xbox 360 but I wasn't sure what happened if the controllers run out of battery. Do I plug it in to the Xbox and it charges, or do I have to buy a charger?

Sorry again if its off topic[/quote']

Buy batterys or a play and charge kit.

Sorry if its off topic' date=' but I was thinking of buying an Xbox 360 but I wasn't sure what happened if the controllers run out of battery. Do I plug it in to the Xbox and it charges, or do I have to buy a charger?

Sorry again if its off topic[/quote']

You have to buy the rechargeable battery pack for that or else you will have to use normal batterys.If you have the rechargeable battery back then you just plug it in when it needs charging.

When will you be going the next game review Kev

• 5 weeks later...

Back After A While My Review Now Is Of?

I've Heard a lot of people wondering wether to buy this so i'm here to help!

51R%2BLLOlAwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you’ve ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.

I love this game it's futuristic, the graphics are out of this world and it is by far the best RPG out on the market so far, this game resembles that of award winning Oblivion also a very good RPG, the monsters are unthinkable, your characacter makes choices that makes you a villain or a hero, the game has an estimated 40 Hours of gameplay plus 4 New Missions that are coming to DLC for a small price of 800 Points, the missions are optional so don't feel forced to do all 40 hours of the games. NO ONLINE MODES! crazy but you don't need it, its the perfect game for someone with Live but it's the perfect game anyway, i am still a long way from completing this game but so far the gameplay and storyline have been Epic, everything is huge and on another level of gaming expirience.

fallout-3-20081210103247375_640w.jpg

This Game Gets!

9.7 OUTTA 10

With Online Modes This Could Of Been 10!

GEARS OF WAR 2

Gears-Of-War-2-standard_360_UKUK_boxart_160w.jpg

The gears of war continue to turn as Marcus Fenix and his squad of Cogs go back into action in the sequel to Microsoft and developer Epic Games' blockbuster action title. Gears of War 2 continues the story of Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad, locked in an increasingly desperate battle against the nightmarish Locust Horde for the survival of humanity. The game promises to be an epic saga of survival, loss, and retribution. Just as Gears of War set the standard for high-definition visuals, Gears of War 2 raises the bar even further with the amazing technological advances of Unreal Engine 3, delivering a bigger, badder, and more intense experience as the story continues.

Gears Of War was a top seller and known as XBOX's Ultimate Game, but the return of the best seller was anticipated by many having the second most pre-orders behind GTA 4, Epic games deffinatly did this game on a Epic scale, The Bosses firstly are HUGE and unbelievable, the gameplay is incredible giving you a sense of satisfaction everytime you complete a level. But it feels way to familiar to that of DOOM a legendary game from the original XBOX, the game moves from the open world to a hellish scene were you become gripped to pull Marcus through and defeat the Locust.

The Online modes are huge let down instead of ironing out the kinks of Gears 1's online modes more have been added the flaws are huge gamers in the country of Canada announced it took over 10 minutes for the Gears Engine to connect them to a match, America reported 7 Minutes while the UK reported only 4 Minutes.

:eek:

gears-of-war-2-20081106004348183_640w.jpg

THIS GAME GETS

9.7 Outta 10

The Flaws Denie Gears Of A Perfect Score!

Re: Kevin's PS3 And XBOX 360 Games Review Thread

The First PS3 Review Is

RESISTANCE2SALONE_packfront_ESRBedboxart_160w.jpg

Oh Yes A Long Awaited Return For The Saga!

RESISTANCE 2!

Picking up immediately where Resistance: Fall of Man concluded, Resistance 2 follows Nathan Hale as he finds himself once more in a world transformed by war and invasion. Undaunted by their defeat in London, the Chimera have continued to advance and are now poised to attack the United States. Entire cities have been leveled and communities annihilated. In this war where the odds are so heavily stacked against the human race, few are left who are willing and able to fight. Fortunately, Hale is not alone. A group of super soldiers known as the Sentinels will fight alongside Hale as they collectively attempt to thwart the inevitable.

Players will once again step into the war-torn boots of Nathan Hale, who not only faces near impossible odds on the battlefield, but also constantly struggles with the Chimeran virus raging inside his own body. In addition to an epic single-player campaign, Resistance 2 offers a truly unprecedented eight-player, class-based online co-op campaign with a separate, parallel storyline and 60-player online competitive multiplayer built upon a massive battles, greater intimacy mantra. Players can also visit a re-designed MyResistance.net, featuring social networking tools designed to enhance a user's gameplay experience whether they’re engaged in single, co-op or competitive combat.

Courtesey Of My Friend James!

Resistance 2 throws you straight into the action and from the start you see how big this game is. After fighting through Europe and you thought they were hit bad, America was even worse the new species have overhauled the whole of America and a select group are left to fight it out (SRPA) against the Monsters which by the way are at an epic scale, this is the Gears Of War of the PS3.

resistance-2-review-20081027114051293-000.jpg

Don't worry your not alone you are introduced with Supporting characters that help you through the game, but this game can leave you in the dark on what you have to do. However, the story issues (which are arguably a minor or subjective problem) are overshadowed by the considerable elements that are marshaled together for Resistance 2. The first game was well known for its atmosphere, tight corridors and its surreal environments. All of that has been maintained, and even augmented. For instance, it's extremely strange to walk into the town of Twin Falls, Idaho, and see the entire place covered with flesh pods, which obviously contain the unfortunate remains of the townsfolk. When one of your squad mates remarks that seeing the entire thing makes him miss conversion centers, you can't help but agree with him. But eclipsing this is the sheer scale and scope of the game, which is nothing short of epic. In every single level, there is at least one moment that will make your jaw drop, such as the absolute devastation of Chicago and its total infestation of Chimeran creatures. The same can be said of the various "monsters" that you'll face off against, many of whom tower over the battlefield thanks to their size. The giant Goliath walkers in the prologue are one thing, but when you first witness the dimensions of creatures like the Kraken or the Leviathan, it's definitely one of those things that gives you pause (as well as a sense of accomplishment when you defeat them).

The Online modes are questionable the game modes aren't the best but meeting your team and fighting deathmatches that leave other games in shame, DLC to come soon.

THIS GAME GETS!

8.6 OUTTA 10

Back After A While My Review Now Is Of?

I've Heard a lot of people wondering wether to buy this so i'm here to help!

51R%2BLLOlAwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years' date=' Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you’ve ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth. [/size']

I love this game it's futuristic, the graphics are out of this world and it is by far the best RPG out on the market so far, this game resembles that of award winning Oblivion also a very good RPG, the monsters are unthinkable, your characacter makes choices that makes you a villain or a hero, the game has an estimated 40 Hours of gameplay plus 4 New Missions that are coming to DLC for a small price of 800 Points, the missions are optional so don't feel forced to do all 40 hours of the games. NO ONLINE MODES! crazy but you don't need it, its the perfect game for someone with Live but it's the perfect game anyway, i am still a long way from completing this game but so far the gameplay and storyline have been Epic, everything is huge and on another level of gaming expirience.

fallout-3-20081210103247375_640w.jpg

This Game Gets!

9.7 OUTTA 10

With Online Modes This Could Of Been 10!

New downloads coming out for Fallout in the future where you get to play against the chinese and in the liberation of Alaska. It will be more about combat with improved combat options than the normal style of the main game. Good review but do you know where abouts of the game that last picture was at? I can't see to picture the place in my mind. :o

New downloads coming out for Fallout in the future where you get to play against the chinese and in the liberation of Alaska. It will be more about combat with improved combat options than the normal style of the main game. Good review but do you know where abouts of the game that last picture was at? I can't see to picture the place in my mind. :o

SCREENSHOT From Liberation Of Alaska DLC i think :D

Re: Kevin's PS3 And XBOX 360 Games Review Thread

The First PS3 Review Is

RESISTANCE2SALONE_packfront_ESRBedboxart_160w.jpg

Oh Yes A Long Awaited Return For The Saga!

RESISTANCE 2!

Picking up immediately where Resistance: Fall of Man concluded' date=' Resistance 2 follows Nathan Hale as he finds himself once more in a world transformed by war and invasion. Undaunted by their defeat in London, the Chimera have continued to advance and are now poised to attack the United States. Entire cities have been leveled and communities annihilated. In this war where the odds are so heavily stacked against the human race, few are left who are willing and able to fight. Fortunately, Hale is not alone. A group of super soldiers known as the Sentinels will fight alongside Hale as they collectively attempt to thwart the inevitable. [/size']

Players will once again step into the war-torn boots of Nathan Hale, who not only faces near impossible odds on the battlefield, but also constantly struggles with the Chimeran virus raging inside his own body. In addition to an epic single-player campaign, Resistance 2 offers a truly unprecedented eight-player, class-based online co-op campaign with a separate, parallel storyline and 60-player online competitive multiplayer built upon a massive battles, greater intimacy mantra. Players can also visit a re-designed MyResistance.net, featuring social networking tools designed to enhance a user's gameplay experience whether they’re engaged in single, co-op or competitive combat.

Courtesey Of My Friend James!

Resistance 2 throws you straight into the action and from the start you see how big this game is. After fighting through Europe and you thought they were hit bad, America was even worse the new species have overhauled the whole of America and a select group are left to fight it out (SRPA) against the Monsters which by the way are at an epic scale, this is the Gears Of War of the PS3.

resistance-2-review-20081027114051293-000.jpg

Don't worry your not alone you are introduced with Supporting characters that help you through the game, but this game can leave you in the dark on what you have to do. However, the story issues (which are arguably a minor or subjective problem) are overshadowed by the considerable elements that are marshaled together for Resistance 2. The first game was well known for its atmosphere, tight corridors and its surreal environments. All of that has been maintained, and even augmented. For instance, it's extremely strange to walk into the town of Twin Falls, Idaho, and see the entire place covered with flesh pods, which obviously contain the unfortunate remains of the townsfolk. When one of your squad mates remarks that seeing the entire thing makes him miss conversion centers, you can't help but agree with him. But eclipsing this is the sheer scale and scope of the game, which is nothing short of epic. In every single level, there is at least one moment that will make your jaw drop, such as the absolute devastation of Chicago and its total infestation of Chimeran creatures. The same can be said of the various "monsters" that you'll face off against, many of whom tower over the battlefield thanks to their size. The giant Goliath walkers in the prologue are one thing, but when you first witness the dimensions of creatures like the Kraken or the Leviathan, it's definitely one of those things that gives you pause (as well as a sense of accomplishment when you defeat them).

The Online modes are questionable the game modes aren't the best but meeting your team and fighting deathmatches that leave other games in shame, DLC to come soon.

THIS GAME GETS!

8.6 OUTTA 10

I though this was a thread for XBOX 360? :rolleyes: Looks at title.....:rolleyes:

Enjoying Fallout 3 at the moment' date=' level 7 going onto 8. Got alot of good weapons now.

Laser Rifle, Flamer, Mini Gun, Missle Launcher, Big boy (name), sort of rail gun.[/quote']

How?

I'm only level 4, and I am about the get the missile launcher from a house in grayditch (think it's called that). I hardly have any good guns tho, where you get them from?

I have like 3 Chinese Rifles, 2 10mm pistols and a BB gun :D

Where you get the good guns like flamer, mini gun and big boy from?

How?

I'm only level 4' date=' and I am about the get the missile launcher from a house in grayditch (think it's called that). I hardly have any good guns tho, where you get them from?

I have like 3 Chinese Rifles, 2 10mm pistols and a BB gun :D

Where you get the good guns like flamer, mini gun and big boy from?[/quote']

Well, to get the Minigun i had to take on a couple Super Mutant Brutes on my way to Rivet City, then i had to travel to Vault 112. On the way there i went to this big raider area, it was like a train station. And there i managed to get the Big Boy, the Missle launcher, and Flamer, i also got a Laser Rifle and a Sub Machine gun there, once you have gone to Rivet City to see that doctor, you will have to travel to the other side of the map to get to Vault 112, on the way, you should pass the place were i got all my weapons from, it's pretty big and pretty unmissable.

Archived