Sign in to follow this  
Ahmed

Robert Lewandowski - Polish Sensation!

Re: Robert Lewandowski - Polish Sensation!

Predictions on what he will rise to? have him in a GC with Huddersfield, but my highest F (bar my 85 rated loan) is 75 compared to the rest of my team which range from 80-84. Could really do with a nice rise. :)

He's becoming noticed by the outer world now.

KKS Lech Poznań insist they are in no hurry to sell striking starlet Robert Lewandowski, with director Marek Pogorzelczyk saying: "If big clubs want him now, they'll want him even more in years to come."

At 20, Lewandowski is regarded as a massive star of the future in Poland. He has been nicknamed the Polish Fernando Torres or the Polish Marco van Basten, even though he models himself on Thierry Henry, but for now, he is keeping his targets relatively modest. "The main thing is to win the title with Lech," he told uefa.com. "Second, I want to get as far as possible in the UEFA Cup, and last but not least, to be top scorer in the Ekstraklasa."

To read the actual article visit- Lech not open to Lewandowski offers

Has anyone got the stats for him at the mo as i have bought him just i wonder how he's getting on

League: 16 game (3 on' date=' 8 off), 2 assists, 8 goals, 1259 minutes

[b']UEFA (inc. qualify)[/b]: 9 games (5 on, 2 off), 1 assist, 4 goals, 506 minutes

International: 4 games (4 on), 2 goals, 101 minutes

Total: 29 games (12 on, 10 off), 3 assists, 14 goals, 1866 minutes

He's in for a very big rise.

With Marcelo Zalayeta nearing an exit, Napoli have turned to Poland in search for a replacement.

Robert Lewandowski from Polish outfit, Lech Poznan, would be the most likely replacement, as Napoli have already expressed their interest in him, according to Tuttomercatoweb.

With Marcelo Zalayeta nearing an exit' date=' Napoli have turned to Poland in search for a replacement.

Robert Lewandowski from Polish outfit, Lech Poznan, would be the most likely replacement, as Napoli have already expressed their interest in him, according to Tuttomercatoweb.[/quote']

The Poland international's agent, Cezary Kucharski, said: "I can assure you that the performances of Robert have not gone unnoticed.

"In recent weeks I have received numerous phone calls and not only from Italy."

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

In Poland, Lewandowski is loved to bits. I regularly go to Poland and if you talk about football, everyone wants to talk about him.

Even after the Polish ratings, you should buy him as he is a great player.

Guest Daragh

West Brom are rumoured to be interested in him but they have slapped something like a 2.7 million price tag on him :)

I requested and managed to watch some matches of him to check if the hype surrounding Robert Lewandowski at the moment is justified.

Lewandowski played as a lone striker in many of them for Lech and did great. I’m not only talking about the goals (though they’re obviously crucial), but about movement, aggressiveness, speed and the ability to keep the ball.

The Polish national team coach was reluctant to use him as a lone striker. Lewandowski didn’t have problems with playing with his back to the goal. He was able to pass the ball to wingers, wait for teammates, earn a foul or just dribble past defenders. The guy is incredibly dynamic.

If it means anything to anyone, Lewandowski becomes quality on FM as well. And seeing as FM is meant to be ultra reliable and EPL managers use it...

Could we see Lewandowski at Everton in the near future? :P

Hi i will just add the latest to this Polish sensation and yes everybody should sign him up now, before in my opinion, he has to go up by at least 14.

Lech Poznan

Apperances 27

Goals 12

International

Apperances 4

Goals 2

A Polish goal machine

At just 20-years-old, Polish football is bracing itself to see how the career of Robert Lewandowski progresses. In just a few years the Lech Poznan striker has established himself as the upcoming player in the eastern European country.

Lewandowski is a prolific striker, a "goal machine" with a great record of scoring goals, he is quick, has excellent shooting and finishing ability of the highest caliber. If he can improve his ball control, he could become one of the best target strikers in Europe.

Scouts in Poland claim the 20-year-old has all the ability to become a great player, showing little fear of the bigger stage he has bagged goals in the UEFA Cup and in World Cup qualification matches. Lewandowski, thanks to the guidance of Lech coach Franciszek Smuda, is becoming stronger and stronger and has illustrated a killer instinct and the ability to finish with both feet.

Lewandowski was born in August 1988 in Warsaw and was in high demand as a youth player representing Partyzant Leszno, Varsovia Warszawa, Delta Warszawa and then Legia Warsaw II.

In season 2006-2007 he signed a professional contract with Znicz Pruszkow, a club which would have a major bearing on his career progression. In his first season at the club the young talent immediately made a name for himself, finishing as the top goal scorer in the Polish third division with 15 goals. Lewandowski was a significant factor in helping the club gain promotion.

During his second season with the club (2007/2008) Lewandowski again finished as the second division’s top goal scorer with 21 goals. As a result, in summer 2008, Robert Lewandowski was the hottest player in the Polish transfer market, with almost every top club trying to sign him, and even clubs such as Italian giants Lazio interested in securing his services.

After much speculation, Lewandowski chose Lech Poznan, who paid around 550,000 euros for the young striker, and coach Franciszek Smuda hailed the shooting, scoring ability as well as the acceleration of his new front man, and from the start of the 2008/2009 season it was clear why he was so highly rated. Lewandowski started scoring immediately for his new club (he bagged 12 goals up to the winter break), and adapted superbly to the pace and aggression of the Ekstraklasa.

Early on at Lech he appeared to have won a personal rivalry with veteran Piotr Reiss. The 36-year-old was forced down the pecking order as Lewandowski started in his place. However, the 20-year-old does not always start as Lech coach Franciszek Smuda prefers to play with one striker and often chooses Peru international Hernan Rengifo.

Despite his success at club level, Lewandowski has played only once for the Polish Under-21 national team, as a substitute in a friendly match against England in March 2008, but it didn't stop national team head coach Leo Beenhakker calling him up to the senior squad.

He made his debut for the national senior team on September 10, 2008 against San Marino, where he came on as a sub and scored one goal. Currently he has four caps and has claimed two goals for Poland.

When he played in the second division Boguslaw Kaczmarek compared him to Fernando Torres. Kaczmarek, a former assistant to Polish coach Leo Beenhakker, is famous in Poland because he discovered many talented players including Jerzy Dudek.

The hype surrounding Lewandowski is huge, the 20-year-old is undoubtedly talented but the whole of Poland will be hoping he can continue his rapid career progression and become one of the top strikers in Europe.

An absolute must at a bargain price, snap him up now if you already haven't. :)

If it means anything to anyone' date=' Lewandowski becomes quality on FM as well. And seeing as FM is meant to be ultra reliable and EPL managers use it...

Could we see Lewandowski at Everton in the near future? :P[/quote']

Awesome on footie mgr and cheap as well ,, ;)

Hi i will just add the latest to this Polish sensation and yes everybody should sign him up now' date=' before in my opinion, he has to go up by at least 14.[/quote']

You think he will hit 88? No chance.

He will rise by around +10, give or take 1 or 2.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

A bit premature perhaps at his age, but in his homeland all the country's hopes are pinned on him to be their next best striker.

As you probably know, Poland don't set the world alight regarding winning tournaments. The fans over there are absolutely crazy and adore their football, being very knowledgable in the subject of football.

They want Lewandowski and Patryk Malecki (who should rise from 80 to 85 soon) to be the strikers who fire them to glory in the next few years. With Leo Beenhakker under pressure, a new manager could go towards those two strikers.

A must buy !

Wow Seftinho

You really are an Argumentatist

So you think 10 may be 12, not much different than 14 then is it. :P

Because there is no way it will be less than 10 and if it is then they need to get some more reviewers.

:D so many wrong rattings. I know they have to wait untill its a certain countries turn to be rated. I think this must change, there is to much of a wait sometimes. If they want realistic then the player has to be at the level he is in real life, just what i think :D

Game is still the tops and so addictive though.

Hi i will just add the latest to this Polish sensation and yes everybody should sign him up now' date=' before in my opinion, he has to go up by at least 14.

Lech Poznan

[b']Apperances 27

Goals 12 [/b]

International

Apperances 4

Goals 2

A Polish goal machine

At just 20-years-old, Polish football is bracing itself to see how the career of Robert Lewandowski progresses. In just a few years the Lech Poznan striker has established himself as the upcoming player in the eastern European country.

Lewandowski is a prolific striker, a "goal machine" with a great record of scoring goals, he is quick, has excellent shooting and finishing ability of the highest caliber. If he can improve his ball control, he could become one of the best target strikers in Europe.

Scouts in Poland claim the 20-year-old has all the ability to become a great player, showing little fear of the bigger stage he has bagged goals in the UEFA Cup and in World Cup qualification matches. Lewandowski, thanks to the guidance of Lech coach Franciszek Smuda, is becoming stronger and stronger and has illustrated a killer instinct and the ability to finish with both feet.

Lewandowski was born in August 1988 in Warsaw and was in high demand as a youth player representing Partyzant Leszno, Varsovia Warszawa, Delta Warszawa and then Legia Warsaw II.

In season 2006-2007 he signed a professional contract with Znicz Pruszkow, a club which would have a major bearing on his career progression. In his first season at the club the young talent immediately made a name for himself, finishing as the top goal scorer in the Polish third division with 15 goals. Lewandowski was a significant factor in helping the club gain promotion.

During his second season with the club (2007/2008) Lewandowski again finished as the second division’s top goal scorer with 21 goals. As a result, in summer 2008, Robert Lewandowski was the hottest player in the Polish transfer market, with almost every top club trying to sign him, and even clubs such as Italian giants Lazio interested in securing his services.

After much speculation, Lewandowski chose Lech Poznan, who paid around 550,000 euros for the young striker, and coach Franciszek Smuda hailed the shooting, scoring ability as well as the acceleration of his new front man, and from the start of the 2008/2009 season it was clear why he was so highly rated. Lewandowski started scoring immediately for his new club (he bagged 12 goals up to the winter break), and adapted superbly to the pace and aggression of the Ekstraklasa.

Early on at Lech he appeared to have won a personal rivalry with veteran Piotr Reiss. The 36-year-old was forced down the pecking order as Lewandowski started in his place. However, the 20-year-old does not always start as Lech coach Franciszek Smuda prefers to play with one striker and often chooses Peru international Hernan Rengifo.

Despite his success at club level, Lewandowski has played only once for the Polish Under-21 national team, as a substitute in a friendly match against England in March 2008, but it didn't stop national team head coach Leo Beenhakker calling him up to the senior squad.

He made his debut for the national senior team on September 10, 2008 against San Marino, where he came on as a sub and scored one goal. Currently he has four caps and has claimed two goals for Poland.

When he played in the second division Boguslaw Kaczmarek compared him to Fernando Torres. Kaczmarek, a former assistant to Polish coach Leo Beenhakker, is famous in Poland because he discovered many talented players including Jerzy Dudek.

The hype surrounding Lewandowski is huge, the 20-year-old is undoubtedly talented but the whole of Poland will be hoping he can continue his rapid career progression and become one of the top strikers in Europe.

An absolute must at a bargain price, snap him up now if you already haven't. :)

Superb update on a g8 talent. Ahmed beat me to this post, I was going to create a thread on the very day this thread started!

My personal opinion is that Lewandowski will rise by 10 from 74 to 84 next time around. SM are conservative in their ratings and whilst Lewandowski will probably get to 87/88 at Lech Poznan it will take 2-3 ratings in my experience for SM to get him there. (Frustrating I know!)

If Lewandowski moves to a bigger club he looks to have the potential to go to 90+ within the next 2 years. If he stays at Lech Poznan I think he will be 87/88 in 2 years time.

Nethertheless a great post and definitely worthy of my rep, just for the sheer level of detail posted by Sav. Such a good post for a forum newcomer.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Here we go!

A punch to 85...Lewaboy fits into one of my greatest finds:D

Thanks a lot, Ahmed !

Great find, but the only thing I regret is not getting him in enough setups. :D

Robert Lewandowski is a 20 year-old Polish striker playing for Lech Poznań.

The young forward has had a remarkable start in his career' date=' bagging the goals from the lowest divisions.

Two season's ago, he was was the [b']Polish third division's top goal scorer with 15 goals, helping Znicz Pruszków win promotion.

[/b]

The next season he was the top scorer in the Polish second division with 21 goals.

This summer UEFA Cup contenders, Lech Poznań splashed the cash for his signature hoping he'd be a player for the future.

Instead, he continued his fine form and making the headlines in Poand.

He made his debut for Lech coming on as a sub in a first round UEFA Cup qualifier against FK Khazar Lenkoran in Azerbaijan and scoring the only goal of the match.

He also scored on his debut in the league game.

Robert now has an outstanding 5 goals in 5 games in the league.

Is he fighting for the top scorer here too ?

Yes, so far he is the topscorer in division 1.

His performances didn't go unnoticed and the national team coaches had him on their books.

In March he made is U-21 debut against England and rapidly made his national debut coming on as a sub against San Marino and scoring one goal.

Here are some videos of him-

Lech - Grasshoppers, 2:0 Lewandowski

Lech - Grasshoppers, 3:0 Lewandowski

A wonderful finish

Wisła Kraków - Lech Poznań 1:4 R.Lewandowski

A short compilation

In summary-

2006/07-Znicz Pruszków (Division 3- Top scorer with 15 goals)

2007/08-Znicz Pruszków (Division 2- Top scorer with 21 goals)

2008/09- Lech Poznań (Division 1- 5 games and 5 goals-so far leading the goalscoring charts)

Poland U-21: Debut in March agianst England

Poland National Team: 1 appearance, 1 goal.

lewandowski_robert-facial.jpg

He is on the DB rated 74.

With his side competing in the UEFA Cup, his national team participation and his goal-scoring form; expect him to be one for the future.

Enjoy:)

i so him rising +11

and was wondering who it was bt thanks anyway