Sign in to follow this  
Ahmed

Robert Lewandowski - Polish Sensation!

Re: Robert Lewandowski - Polish Sensation!

reading this thread just made me realise, i was the first forumer to mention this guy ;)

check this out:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=26095&highlight=Lewandowski

I found lewandowski before he was added to the database and before he had even touched a ball for lech poznan.

I posted it just after he signed for them.

;)

Very good post though. But what else would i expect from Ahmed :D

Look at how long this thread hasn't had any posts' date=' it's been many months with no posts so why bump this thread:D[/quote']

Because I had a relevant query. Imagine!

Nothing really to report on. The Polish league has just finished it's 3 month break which started in December and has only just finished now, so he hasn't had games recently. The season has just started again though and Lech have just played against GKS Belchatow were they won 3-2. My stats center is still updating, so I'll update whether he played (and scored) later.

Just had the match report updated on my site, and Lewandowski got a goal. An important winning goal in the 90th minute.

As for a rating cap, I've personally never seen anyone go above 88. And the player who is rated 88, Pawel Brozek, has scored an amazing 16 goals and bagged 8 assists in 28 games in all competitions so far this season, which is a lot better than Lewandowski currently.

But you never know. If he plays well enough he could possibly be the first player to break the 89 boundry in a few seasons. But hopefully he'll be in Europe by then.

EDIT: I know he's playing in Europe now... but you know what I mean :P

Just had the match report updated on my site' date=' and Lewandowski got a goal. An important winning goal in the 90th minute.

As for a rating cap, I've personally never seen anyone go above 88. And the player who is rated 88, Pawel Brozek, has scored an amazing 16 goals and bagged 8 assists in 28 games in all competitions so far this season, which is a lot better than Lewandowski currently.

But you never know. If he plays well enough he could possibly be the first player to break the 89 boundry in a few seasons. But hopefully he'll be in Europe by then.[/quote']

I think he will,as will Stilic,at least one will leave in the summer..

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I don't think it would be a good move for Robert to move to a bigger club in the summer because I feel he has a lot to learn playing for Lech Poznan and Poland.

From what I have seen recently (not match reports, Ben) is that he can be a bit naive, and if he went to, say, England, the defenders would eat him alive. It would be the same in Italy, Spain, Holland etc.

I think it would be terrible for his development if he moved to England; players like Ebi Smolarek and Jaroslaw Fojut have all struggled when they have moved from Poland to England.

I don't think it would be a good move for Robert to move to a bigger club in the summer because I feel he has a lot to learn playing for Lech Poznan and Poland.

From what I have seen recently (not match reports' date=' Ben) is that he can be a bit naive, and if he went to, say, England, the defenders would eat him alive. It would be the same in Italy, Spain, Holland etc.

I think it would be terrible for his development if he moved to England; players like Ebi Smolarek and Jaroslaw Fojut have all struggled when they have moved from Poland to England.[/quote']

Yep, agree with you there! It would certainly be too big a jump for his fledgeling career.

However, by the same token, I'd be surprised to see him stay at Lech Poznan. A move to a Bundesliga side may be in the offing, a popular destination for many of his compatriots. Alternatively, a move to a Dutch or Russian league side is a possible scenario and probably a preferrable move for him career-wsie too :).

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Yep' date=' agree with you there! It would certainly be too big a jump for his fledgeling career.

However, by the same token, I'd be surprised to see him stay at Lech Poznan. A move to a Bundesliga side may be in the offing, a popular destination for many of his compatriots. Alternatively, a move to a Dutch or Russian league side is a possible scenario and probably a preferrable move for him career-wsie too :).[/quote']

I've seen him play quite a lot this season for Lech, and I would say he has been one of the best players in Poland this season. Therefore, it was inevitable that interest came from big teams from around Europe, but if I was his agent I would tell him to stay put. Surely he will get better playing regular football for one of Europe's promising sides than to be playing second fiddle for some obscure Russian team.

I can see where you are coming from, Smartdoc, but I really hope he has a sensible agent who tells him to stay put for his development.

I've seen him play quite a lot this season for Lech' date=' and I would say he has been one of the best players in Poland this season. Therefore, it was inevitable that interest came from big teams from around Europe, [b']but if I was his agent I would tell him to stay put. [/b]Surely he will get better playing regular football for one of Europe's promising sides than to be playing second fiddle for some obscure Russian team.

I can see where you are coming from, Smartdoc, but I really hope he has a sensible agent who tells him to stay put for his development.

Sadly, most agents these days are more interested in money than they are there client.

Lewandowski scored again today in a 1/4 of Polish cup

He played in my home town Pruszkow Znicz so i follow his carrier

Mark my words - HE WILL PLAY IN ENGLAND OR GERMANY NEXT YEAR !

Lech Poznan is fighting for Champions ligue next year it looks like Lech will be a Polish Champion this year but i cannot see Lech keeping all the yougn talents Stilic, Lewandowski, Rengifo I think that he might play in Champions Lige with Lech but he will leave soon after

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Sadly' date=' most agents these days are more interested in money than they are there client.[/quote']

You're right, Luke, and it's a horrible state of affairs when youngsters like ourselves can see past the crooks' plans to get rich quick. :(

You're right' date=' Luke, and it's a horrible state of affairs when youngsters like ourselves can see past the crooks' plans to get rich quick. :([/quote']

well not every agent is like this, just the majority

but in fairness the majority of the population would sell their values for money these days

hopefully his agent realises if he moves to a much bigger club then he'll probably get a new agent and will advise him on a smaller league first, from what ive seen (admittedly only one full game and a bunch of highlights) he still needs a lot of polishing

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

While I think Lewandowski is a good player with a lot of potential, I believe he has been over-hyped a little bit; Poland isn't as strong as, say, Spain, England, France, Germany etc, and he would get found out by the defences pretty quickly.

I saw a goal scored by Robert recently against Wisla Krakow, and the Krakow keeper came running out of his goal to try and catch a long ball played over the top. A keeper in those top leagues would never run out like he did to try and catch the ball. They would probably wait, then come running out when the possibility of getting lobbed has finished.

Lewandowski did lob the keeper, and, I admit, it did look a good goal. But I feel that would never happen if he left Poland. Luckily, it seems he doesn't want to leave Poland just yet; instead, I think he wants to stay and get better as a player.

While I think Lewandowski is a good player with a lot of potential' date=' I believe he has been over-hyped a little bit; Poland isn't as strong as, say, Spain, England, France, Germany etc, and he would get found out by the defences pretty quickly.

I saw a goal scored by Robert recently against Wisla Krakow, and the Krakow keeper came running out of his goal to try and catch a long ball played over the top. [b']A keeper in those top leagues would never run out like he did to try and catch the ball.[/b] They would probably wait, then come running out when the possibility of getting lobbed has finished.

Lewandowski did lob the keeper, and, I admit, it did look a good goal. But I feel that would never happen if he left Poland. Luckily, it seems he doesn't want to leave Poland just yet; instead, I think he wants to stay and get better as a player.

Unless the keeper happens to be called David James or Swindon's Phil Smith. ;)

He may be over-hyped, but that's probably because most people have never seen him play and just see his amazing stats.

I think a fair way to judge him would be to see how he fares internationally against the better sides. Until he leaves Poland, as you say, we won't know if he's over-hyped because he's playing against weaker players or if he can live up to the hype in a stronger league.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Unless the keeper happens to be called David James or Swindon's Phil Smith. ;)

He may be over-hyped' date=' but that's probably because most people have never seen him play and just see his amazing stats.[/b']

I think a fair way to judge him would be to see how he fares internationally against the better sides. Until he leaves Poland, as you say, we won't know if he's over-hyped because he's playing against weaker players or if he can live up to the hype in a stronger league.

No, even the Polish people think he's amazing. At such a young age, scoring so many goals, it is no surprise they all think he's the best youngster for decades.

If he moves to Europe, I think the Polish people will acknowledge that.

At international level, I think he has scored 3 goals, being against San Marino (2) and Republic Of Ireland. To be fair, I think it is an achievement scoring against the ROI considering they have players like Shay Given, O'Shea, Dunne etc. They are of a much better standard than what he plays against in Poland.

If he continues to score against better teams, then we have to consider he is up to moving into a better country.

Hello

Lets not forget he only has one season in top division

I also think that one more year in Lech would not hurt him but going to a club in west europe and learning from a real proffesional might help him develop

polishsocca dot com - good site

Lech said many times that to start talking about Lewandowski you have to put out 5 mil Euro or more

I would love to see him next to Fabianski in Arsenal but thats less possible than me playing for Barca :)

One is for sure if he was playing in Spain or Italy he would be rated 88 by now

I bought him for 40k when i first started on SM now he is worth 5mil

Good return

Lot beter than AIG ...lol

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Panathinaikos just made an offer to Lech Poznan for Lewandowski

Where did you get that little snippet of information from ?