Sign in to follow this  
Ahmed

Robert Lewandowski - Polish Sensation!

Re: Robert Lewandowski - Polish Sensation!

Front page of Polish sports news

Lewandowski is waiting to see if Panathinaikos will play in Ch.L. it would be a nice start for him In greece he could score tons of goals and move on

Ive read all the thoughts and opinions and understand that this lad has potential which will only be truely unearthed when he finally leaves the Polish league, BUT in a side I have inherited I have put him on the list as I need money... is it worth selling him i.e. will it be years before he hits the 90's or should I hang fire?

Cheers

Ive read all the thoughts and opinions and understand that this lad has potential which will only be truely unearthed when he finally leaves the Polish league' date=' BUT in a side I have inherited I have put him on the list as I need money... is it worth selling him i.e. will it be years before he hits the 90's or should I hang fire?

Cheers[/quote']

I would hang on to him for now mate. It looks like he will get a move to a stronger league this summer with greece or italy being most likely. Ratings wise he will rise +1/2 next change. Hes going to be a great player IMO and just needs to play in a stronger league to prove himself could well be 89 rated in two changes time. Ive had him from when he was 74 rated and theres no way i would sell him he could well be a 90+ rated player if things go well for him. His next move is so importent though if he goes and plays week in week out he will rise very quickly if he finds him self on the bench in a sub role less so but im sure one way or another he will be a star.

He is a fantastic talent.. A top player who scores hatfuls of goals... Gonna be a big player trust me. Was at the Ireland v Poland game at Croke Park and his movement off the ball and his awareness of space off the ball was very good.. and when with the ball it gets betta!!!

:eek::eek:

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Are there any opdates on this guy ? Will a team from a stronger league sign him ?

Polish league has started, so it is very likely he will stay with Lech Poznan for the coming season, until January at least. I saw him play for Lech last weekend, and he looked fine and played reasonably well. He didn't score, but he will probably score 15+ goals this season. I reckon a rise to 86/87 will occur.

Lewandowski is staying with lech for this season

looks like lech will have another good season in euro cups

lewandowski has not played well in pre season

but i hope he wil pick it up in next few weeks

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Lewandowski is staying with lech for this season

looks like lech will have another good season in euro cups

lewandowski has not played well in pre season

but i hope he wil pick it up in next few weeks

I never saw him in pre-season, but didn't he score in that Europa Cup drubbing last week ? Pity Lech aren't doing well tonight. :o

yes but in a 6:1 game i would not count that unless he would of had a hat trick

he wasted few great chances

hes form is off

in a first ligue match he was not the same player

Lech fans starting to say that he is mad at Lech for not letting him transfer

Palermo and Borussia wanted to buy him for 5 mil and Lech said "NO"

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Jeez. . . Lewandowski needs to buck up his ideas. :(

He played terrible against Club Brugge, who should have been swept away by Lech Poznan. Lewandowski played very badly, and all this media coverage of him must have went to his head for him to be playing this badly. When the press weren't bothered about him, he played very well - just look at his debut season in the Ekstraklasa. This season, however, is just a completely different story for him. He's obviously desperate for a move, but after his recent performances in Europe there will be hardly anybody wanting to sign him, especially as lech are holding out for a £7m deal.

Krzysztof Chrapek, one of Lech's summer signings, has been reasonably good so far, and hopefully, if Lewandowski gets dropped, Chrapek could get his chance. I asked SM to add him following some decent displays, and hopefully he'll get a chance to prove why Lech signed him. Seriously, he did more in the 2 minutes against Brugge than Lewandowski did in 118 minutes. That's how bad he played.. :rolleyes:

So, on Sunday, Lech play GKS Belchatow, who are also playing below par. Lech manager Jacek Zieliński should drop Lewandowski and Marcin Kikut (who is a terrible, predictable player), and replace them with Chrapek and Peszko (who was unfortunately suspended against Brugge. Hopefully this'll get Lewandowski that he's not the best thing since sliced bread. B)

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

any1 know how he is playing ?

what are his season stats?

thanks 4 any help

i can sell him now but i will hang on 4 a bit if he's gonna rise

Lewandowski (and Lech Poznan, for that matter) aren't playing as well as they did last season. He has scored 4 goals in 7 games, but don't be fooled by an apparent surge of goals from him; laziness has crept into Robert's displays and he seems to have lost the verve and desire that made him such a success last season.

I think his current lethargy is down to the fact that Lech Poznan were reluctant to sell him for less than their £7m asking price. I wasn't surprised no-one would want to sign him for that kind of ludicrous wonga. Even respected individuals in Poland, like Jacek Krzynowek for example, even said that he wasn't worth the kind of money that Lech were asking for him.

So, consequently, it looks like Lewandowski has went into a bit of a strop. He kind of ambles around the football pitch, and you can even see a few posts up my thoughts on him recently, much to the frustration of me, Lech Poznan fans, and Polish football fans. Last season, when he was in fine form, Lewandowski was a regular in the Polish NT XI. Now, however, he seems to be content for a place on the bench.

It's been a poor season so far, but I still think he'll get an increase to 86. B)