UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Great tactical display by Inter, wouldn't expect less from the special one.

The key was Cambiasso exceptional marking on Xavi. As much as Messi has merit in his on ability I personally think he is over hyped player and has much to thank Xavi for his success.

Great game, can't wiat for the second leg B)

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread What is your problem you seem to be constantly throwing your weight around looking for arguments. Its boring. How has ANYTHING Jack said been arrogant?

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread +

Hope Inter goes through to Break Barça's hegemony.

Since Guardiola is coach, Barcelona played 113games and lost only 10.. this was the first time Guardiola lost by 2 or more goals..

Bad atittude of Balotelli in the end of game..

Hope Inter goes through to Break Barça's hegemony.

Since Guardiola is coach' date=' Barcelona played 113games and lost only 10.. this was the first time Guardiola lost by 2 or more goals..

[b']Bad atittude of Balotelli in the end of game..[/b]

what did he do? l didnt watch the game until the end

what did he do? l didnt watch the game until the end

When he joined the game at 75 minutes, the fans hiss/whistled(don't know the better word) him. After the end of the game, he took off the shirt and sent it to the ground. Not celebrated the win with teammates and went to balneary alone.. A chief of Inter, Gabriele Oriali, tried calm him down but he refused and also tried avoid him.. maybe the doors of Inter are open to him go?

When he joined the game at 75 minutes' date=' the fans hiss/whistled(don't know the better word) him. After the end of the game, he took off the shirt and sent it to the ground. Not celebrated the win with teammates and went to balneary alone.. A chief of Inter, Gabriele Oriali, tried calm him down but he refused and also tried avoid him.. maybe the doors of Inter are open to him go?[/quote']

Arsenal will be happy to have him :D:D or Milan will love to have him aswell :D

Arsenal will be happy to have him :D:D or Milan will love to have him aswell :D

If he keeps with these atittudes can be a talent wasted.. today, Messi was Human. :) and referee was equal to what makes in Portugal, poor performances. :/

Edit: How can Maradona have doubts to call Diego Milito to WC? Between him and Martin Palermo...... :S

If he keeps with these atittudes can be a talent wasted.. today' date=' Messi was Human. :) and referee was equal to what makes in Portugal, poor performances. :/

Edit: How can Maradona have doubts to call Diego Milito to WC? Between him and Martin Palermo...... :S[/quote']

Argentina squad will be strong if he picks him but who will play upfront in the world cup thats the real question??

TEVEZ, MESSI, AGUERO, HIGUAIN,MILITO,ME ?? your choice

Argentina squad will be strong if he picks him but who will play upfront in the world cup thats the real question??

TEVEZ' date=' MESSI, AGUERO, HIGUAIN,MILITO,ME ?? your choice[/quote']

Man its going to be difficult. Argentina will have some strike force. :eek:

TEVEZ' date=' MESSI, AGUERO, HIGUAIN,MILITO,ME ?? your choice[/quote']

upfront i would use Tevez, Milito and Messi.. or use Messi as AM.. :o

it's fantastic how Barça were ''dominated'', deserved the defeat and they blamed the referee.. I am not sure of the stats, but Barça had probably 70% of ball possession, but Inter had 70% of goal chances..

As far as the game goes... I thought the tactics were brilliant. Starting Pandev, not Stankovic. Cambiasso had a solid game despite showing zero pace. Lucio with last ditch knockdowns. Milito's Drogba-esque performance.

Who knew...

I know this isn't going to be a popular thing to say, but I really feel for Balotelli...

First of all I can't believe what he did after the match. Crazy stuff...

He is clearly out of control... But I feel badly for him. It shouldn't have to be like this. It just shouldn't be like this.

He obviously has no one that he can turn to to rein him in. Parents ? Internazionale staff ? Teammates ? Clearly no one...

• The guy is 19 (so he still has sooooooooo much to learn about life and emotions, etc...).
  • The guy is 6'3" and 200 lbs and bigger than everyone around him (so no one is physically going to control him)
  • The guy is immensely talented at a very very young age (so has had everyone continually feeding his ego)
  • The guy doesn't identify with Ghana. He identifies with being Italian. And somehow, this 19 year-old immature, egotistical, immensely talented kid has to endure continued racial abuse all over Italy.

I can't imagine what he goes through on a day-in day-out basis.

I think being him would absolutely suckk.

For Materazzi to go after him in the tunnel was absurd. More absurd than Balotelli throwing his shirt on the field and shooting-the-bird to the that group of knucklehead "fans".

Anyway I think it's sad and unfortunate. This 19-year old kid needs some direction and he clearly isn't getting any. He's a rudderless ship.

He'll be moving out of Italy in the summer, but I can't imagine where. Maybe if SAF or Wegner are up for a monumental challenge...

As far as the game goes... I thought the tactics were brilliant. Starting Pandev' date=' not Stankovic. Cambiasso had a solid game despite showing zero pace. Lucio with last ditch knockdowns. Milito's Drogba-esque performance.

Who knew...

[b']

I know this isn't going to be a popular thing to say, but I really feel for Balotelli...[/b]

First of all I can't believe what he did after the match. Crazy stuff...

He is clearly out of control... But I feel badly for him. It shouldn't have to be like this. It just shouldn't be like this.

He obviously has no one that he can turn to to rein him in. Parents ? Internazionale staff ? Teammates ? Clearly no one...

• The guy is 19 (so he still has sooooooooo much to learn about life and emotions, etc...).
  • The guy is 6'3" and 200 lbs and bigger than everyone around him (so no one is physically going to control him)
  • The guy is immensely talented at a very very young age (so has had everyone continually feeding his ego)
  • The guy doesn't identify with Ghana. He identifies with being Italian. And somehow, this 19 year-old immature, egotistical, immensely talented kid has to endure continued racial abuse all over Italy.

I can't imagine what he goes through on a day-in day-out basis.

I think being him would absolutely suckk.

For Materazzi to go after him in the tunnel was absurd. More absurd than Balotelli throwing his shirt on the field and shooting-the-bird to the that group of knucklehead "fans".

Anyway I think it's sad and unfortunate. This 19-year old kid needs some direction and he clearly isn't getting any. He's a rudderless ship.

He'll be moving out of Italy in the summer, but I can't imagine where. Maybe if SAF or Wegner are up for a monumental challenge...

Agree 100% on Balotelli. Particularly with the racial abuse he's received with alarming regularity, shocking for anybody to have to deal with but for someone of his age even more so. It's obvious he hasn't dealt with certain situations in the best way but as you say he's only 19 years old and being thrust into absurdly high pressure situations.

Andy Gray really is insufferable when he commentates on games with no English interest. As the 'expert' at least try to act like you're not completely ignorant of everything that happens outside of the Best League In The World™. You would think Diego Milito was an 18 year old who Mourinho has plucked from the youth team prior to tonight's game the way he's going on.

Aside from that hes clearly stuck far inside Mourinho's backside

And I must say it must be shocking to be whistled by your own just 'cos of your colour. In all fairness Mourinho isn't the best manager to control him either. If he comes to United I suspect Fergie could straighten him out.

Inter wouldn't even have gone past the group stages if not for Balotelli remember. 2 pieces of magic undid Rubin in the penultimate group game.

Great performance by Inter and a nice little earner for me :P . This tie was always going to be tougher than many had it down for both accross the football world and on this forum. Barcelona didn't quite look right and no-one has mentioned it yet (but I'm sure someone from the Barca camp will in due course), you have to wonder if the effect of having a long drive to Milan may hae played a role. Hardly ideal preparation and anyone who has been on such a road trip, irrespective of the comfort etc, will know you are not physically right for a day or so afterwards (although perhaps it should be different for highly paid professional athletes).

Tie is really set-up nicely for the second leg. Inter have already shown they have defenders ready to put their bodies in the way of any chance in this competition and it will be tough to break them down. But this is Barcelona. Hopefully, the second leg will be a classic :)

Great performance by Inter and a nice little earner for me :P . This tie was always going to be tougher than many had it down for both accross the football world and on this forum. Barcelona didn't quite look right and no-one has mentioned it yet (but I'm sure someone from the Barca camp will in due course)' date=' [b']you have to wonder if the effect of having a long drive to Milan may hae played a role. Hardly ideal preparation and anyone who has been on such a road trip, irrespective of the comfort etc, will know you are not physically right for a day or so afterwards (although perhaps it should be different for highly paid professional athletes). [/b]Tie is really set-up nicely for the second leg. Inter have already shown they have defenders ready to put their bodies in the way of any chance in this competition and it will be tough to break them down. But this is Barcelona. Hopefully, the second leg will be a classic :)

I think it doesn't matter much.. in past some trips to other countries were made by bus and no one ''died'' because of it.. if Barcelona not liked the way they have travel, they could stay at home. Barcelona have to thank to Inter to they had knock out CSKA of Moscow... :)

Yesterday Maicon proved to Daniel Alves why he is the best RB in world and why Dunga choses him instead of Alves.

Franck RIBERY just got sent off still 0-0 between bayen and lyon with 40 minites gone

Yep.

Its actually been putting me to sleep. Until the commentator screamed, "ITS RED!".

Good job too, I have work soon. Cant afford to waste any more of my life watching this.

Better than the scum being there though.:D

Yep.

Its actually been putting me to sleep. Until the commentator screamed' date=' "ITS RED!".

Good job too, I have work soon. Cant afford to waste any more of my life watching this.

Better than the scum being there though.:D[/quote']

It is boring quite right! I sort of think its better with english teams

Still, scum arent there so thats good in itself :)

Riferimento: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Yea, the game is pretty boring, no occasions on both sides.

Ribery got sent off for a foul that could deserve a red card, but personally i would have given him just yellow because til his foul the game was going very smoothly with just a few stops done by the referee. THis red card kinda killed the smooth atmosphere that the players were having on the field, and the game is becoming more nervous.

Meh, Lisandro worst than Totti!!!!!! He was sooo fake!!!!