UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Juve - Chelsea is the game to be watching atm.

Sending off' date=' Penalty, goal - all in the last 5 mins. Its looking like being a great last 15.[/quote']

Not Anymore... A Well Worked Goal. Drogba Finishes The Game Off, 2 Of The English Side Through So Far

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread What is your problem you seem to be constantly throwing your weight around looking for arguments. Its boring. How has ANYTHING Jack said been arrogant?

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread +

LMAO!

Bayern 11-1 up on Aggregate, yet no-one is really giving them a shout at the Champions League :o

Oh well, Chelsea are through..

Our too big men do it for us, glad Essien is back.. and Drogba :eek: he is on fire atm..

Obviously the ring-leader in the "Get Scolari Out Gang!" .. :rolleyes:

Good win, can't wait for the draw.. :)

LMAO!

Bayern 11-1 up on Aggregate' date=' yet no-one is really giving them a shout at the Champions League :o

Oh well, Chelsea are through..

Our too big men do it for us, glad Essien is back.. and Drogba :eek: he is on fire atm..

Obviously the ring-leader in the "Get Scolari Out Gang!" .. :rolleyes:

Good win, can't wait for the draw.. :)[/quote']

12-1... Sporting could barely beat the Bolton reserves last season.

lol at real madrid, only casillas did well tonight, i have to question what players such as gago, diarra, heinze pepe etc are doing in a real madrid shirt, because they dont deserve to wear it. welldone lfc, now beat united and the red nosed scot and win the league.

Well, tbh Real played pathetically last night. I expected something much better form them. They looked really lost. They gave the ball cheaply away way too many times. Credit must be given to Liverpool though as they really did put pressure on Real all over the pitch forcing them tho make mistakes. Robben and Sneijder just did not show up in the first half. All Robben did in the first half was walk up and down the left flank,and Sneijder was invisible for most of the half as well. They did not make any use of the flanks (something i though they would do), and all of their attacks came form the middle of the park. Full credit must be given to Liverpool. They really showed spirit, determination and they wanted to win the game much more than Real. They were a team on a mission, and now they can proudly say, mission accomplished. :)

Chelsea vs Juve was a much better game. The first half was dominated by Juve but right at the death Buffon save the free kick which might have gone over the line (i'm still not sure whether it did or not), but anyway Essien scored the equalizer right at the end of the first half. But imo the goal could have been prevented, Buffon seemed a bit top far off his line. The second half started off with Chelsea beginning to pick up the pace. The started to creat much better chances and Juve were just not the same. But Jive then got a man sent of (Chiellini) but soon scored a penalty (loved how coolly Del Piero took it :)). But Chelsea delivered the knock out punch right at the death. Drogba finishing off what really was a brilliant move on Chelsea's part. ;)

Anyway, Liverpool, Chelsea, Villarreal and Bayern are through. Lets hope United manke it though safely as well. ;):)

Guest melbguy1

was switching between the LFC v Real game and the Juve v Chelsea (mainly) game.

typical LFC CL game.... 1st goal I was amazed that the free kick wasn't given against Torres who just dragged down his defender and then 3 secs later, amazingly:rolleyes: was free in the box... followed by dubious penalty.... needless to say I stopped switching to that usual LFC poo game, so can't comment on the other 2 goals or what effect being 2-0 down away from home did to the Real players...

Juve Chelsea was a great game by the 2nd placed teams in EPL and Serie A. After Juve's pathetic game in England I was worried, but after this game Juve can hold their heads up high, injury ridden squad still ran rings around Chelsea for large periods of the game.... it essentially took a deflected, long-range shot to give Chelsea the tie:mad:

Chiellini's 2 yellows were abit harsh as Cech should have gotten 2 yellows as well.

was switching between the LFC v Real game and the Juve v Chelsea (mainly) game.

typical LFC CL game.... 1st goal I was amazed that the free kick wasn't given against Torres who just dragged down his defender and then 3 secs later' date=' amazingly:rolleyes: was free in the box... followed by dubious penalty.... needless to say I stopped switching to that usual LFC poo game, so can't comment on the other 2 goals or what effect being 2-0 down away from home did to the Real players...

Juve Chelsea was a great game by the 2nd placed teams in EPL and Serie A. After Juve's pathetic game in England I was worried, but after this game Juve can hold their heads up high, injury ridden squad still ran rings around Chelsea for large periods of the game.... it essentially took a deflected, long-range shot to give Chelsea the tie:mad:

Chiellini's 2 yellows were abit harsh as Cech should have gotten 2 yellows as well.[/quote']

Disagree mate. Wasn't a foul on cannavaro and was the right decision as far as the penalty is concerned. As for Juve they were surprisingly good. Decided to see the Juve match instead of the Pool game.

As for madrid every time I see them I say one thing OVERRATED defense. What on Earth were Pepe and Cannavaro doing for the first goal. A clear pen for the second one imo. Heinze pushed his hand forward towards the ball. And Sergio Ramos beaten easily by Babel. OMG:D:rolleyes::o

So all 4 defenders making mistakes.

LMAO!

Bayern 11-1 up on Aggregate' date=' yet no-one is really giving them a shout at the Champions League :o[/quote']

I said Bayern would win it last July. :P

I've gone for a sightly risky prediction... Bayern.

Just a hunch really. I have faith in Klinsmann. :P

If it's not them' date=' Barca will win it... Real will be rubbish as usual.[/quote']

Link: Who Will Win The CL This Season? (post #6)

Haha. Not really sure I'd put money on that though. A lot will depend on the QF/SF draw, and whether they decide to concentrate on the league or not. Then you obviously can't ignore the likes of United, Barca, Chelsea and Liverpool (can't see any of the others going all the way though).

Disagree mate. Wasn't a foul on cannavaro and was the right decision as far as the penalty is concerned.

Not sure I agree with that. The first goal definately shouldn't have stood, in my opinion (actually, I can imagine the uproar if the same happened at the other end instead - and LFC fans would be right to be unhappy if it did). Awful mess up at the back, but Torres definately gained an unfair advantage before tapping it in. Liverpool easily deserved the lead, but the hand on the shoulder definately had me wondering if the ref might benefit from a visit to Specsavers (either that or maybe he's best mates with Rafa :P).

Haven't got a clue about the rest of the game though... switched to Juve/Chelsea after that goal, and I'm glad I did. Cracking game, and a performance Juve can feel proud of, despite it not being quite enough. :D

Guest melbguy1

Disagree mate. Wasn't a foul on cannavaro and was the right decision

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJt9_93EppY

everyone entitled to ana opinion, but sometimes I wonder... youtube tends to pull down CL clips, but in case you missed it..... somehow the ref did:eek: defender and keeper both stopped for a split second expecting th call that was very obvious.

typical LFC CL experience

typical LFC CL game.... 1st goal I was amazed that the free kick wasn't given against Torres who just dragged down his defender and then 3 secs later' date=' amazingly:rolleyes: was free in the box... followed by dubious penalty.... needless to say I stopped switching to that usual LFC poo game, so can't comment on the other 2 goals or what effect being 2-0 down away from home did to the Real players...[/quote']

Well nothing to amaze me here ,your match reports posts on all things LFC or actually anything LFC are always consistent ,they show that you dislike them immensley no matter what they do :D.

In fact i cant understand being such a fantastic Juve supporter why your interest were not on watching your team from start to finish after all its not as though it was a dead rubber game before second leg ,so to be watching ours then switching to your team are you shore their isnt a hidden side of Liverpool you must love ,or you dislike us that much you thought Real would do the buisness and Liverpool being knocked out would have given you more pleasure then watching Juve itself .:eek:

From your unbiased LFC report ;) at least you do the same for Juve ,

"Juve can hold their heads up high, injury ridden squad still ran rings around Chelsea for large periods of the game.... it essentially took a deflected, long-range shot to give Chelsea the tie"

Just joking about the last part i watched the highlights after our game later on and Yes Juve can hold their heads high they did give Chelsea a great scare and run for their money.:)

Guest melbguy1

Disagree mate. was the right decision as far as the penalty is concerned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_EOtxSM5hs

everyone entitled to ana opinion, but sometimes I wonder... youtube tends to pull down CL clips, but in case you missed it..... somehow the ref did

lets give LFC a 2-0 start in first 30 mins at home:rolleyes:

typical LFC CL experience

Sporting were a disgrace and should never be allowed to enter the Champions League again. Their performance was absolutely horrid. Hopefully Porto & Arsenal can progress. Porto will face it tough but hopefully the home crowd will get us through and with the return of Theo and Dudu hopefully can destroy the Romanese defence.

Guest melbguy1

See you dont dissapoint ' date='we wernt given a 2-0 start we were already given a 1-0 start from the firt leg which must have had you tearing your hear out.:D:)[/quote']

1 game at a time crazy.. 1 game at a time.

But it's not my fault that everytime there is a refereeing error it is in favour of LFC....

So crazy, what your thoughts on those 2 goals ;)

But it's not my fault that everytime there is a refereeing error it is in favour of LFC....

So crazy' date=' what your thoughts on those 2 goals ;)[/quote']

First Goal was very questionable, Torres fouled Pepe.

And the Penalty CLEARLY hit the shoulder, and if you look it up in the FIFA ruling, that is not a pen. But still Liverpool ran the show, pretty sure even if those two goals hadn't been scored we still would have lost.

So crazy' date=' what your thoughts on those 2 goals ;)[/quote']

The first for what i have seen of it i honestly say i didnt see the big tug i thought yes he touched him but not pulling him or anything enough to make him go down as he did ,so not going to say Ref got the wrong call because seen many games with greater tugs and shirt pulls than the contact Torres made that werent given as fouls and goals resulted in most cases .

Plus these were scored by players with different club shirts not just ones wearing Red with a Liver Bird on it .:D

If you watch your clip for the second until it shows you the slow motion replay it does look like handball ,even the commentators thought it was until it shows you the slow motion replay where they then changed their mind ,but Reffs dont get this privlage ,but to be fair to the Ref the linesman put his flag up instant and as shown on the clip he was far better placed than the Ref to see it seems he was facing it in front of him on his side of line,yes after seeing the slow motion it was a harsh decision and the linesman made the wrong call ,but again at full speed it would have been nice before slating the Linesman to actually see it from his angle because all are differnt in what they show.

But the second out of both goals was the wrong call by the angle we see ,so seems we dont see it from that side of the pitch the Linesman was facing im not going to say he didnt make a honest opinion to what he saw .. :)

lol i remember someone saying that real madrid is the best team in the world :rolleyes:

their defence was torn apart totally, none of them deserves to wear a real shirt again. But then again, we were too good :D Casillas was so pitiful.

no one really cares how the goals are scored tbh. 10 years down the road, would you remember the match as two dubious goals or a match which exemplfied lfc's dominance in europe?

torres ftw!

Real Madrid played really bad against Liverpool and I cant believe Casillas did really well:eek: Nice win Liverpool and good luck in the Quarter Final draws. The Madrid defence was totally awful and they didnt deserve the goals they conceded. Casillas was played patheticly and didnt deserve the MOTM.

For Liverpool, it was a good result and well done. They almost got the most possesion of the ball and had really great chances of scoring. In my opinion, 2-0 is good enough to secure a win for them and that makes it 3-0 on aggregate. They had a solid defence, strong midfield and great attacking to the opposition. Great game for them and they fully deserve the win.

What a game for Liverpool and fans, hopefully United can do the same to Mourinho's Internazionale team. ;)

Manchester United vs Internazionale - Discussion Thread

champions_league_logo.jpg

Match: Manchester United vs Internazionale

Day: 12 March 2009

Competition: UEFA Champions League Last 16 2nd Leg

1st Leg Result: Internazionale 0 - 0 Manchester United

Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester, England

All discussion must be posted here or the Uefa Champions League Discussion Thread located in the link below.

Link to other thread: UEFA Champions League Discussion

My Prediction: Manchester United 1 - 0 Internazionale(1-0 on aggregate)