UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread What is your problem you seem to be constantly throwing your weight around looking for arguments. Its boring. How has ANYTHING Jack said been arrogant?

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread +

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Awww Marin didn't score :(

I think he should get out of Bremen first chance he gets if they keep up this poor start to the season.

Bremen are usually slow starters who pick up as the season wears on,his only 21 and is at a good club for his development in Bremen as has shown by recent players such as Ozil and Diego,give it a couple of years and maybe he will move then but I can't see him moving now.

Bremen are usually slow starters who pick up as the season wears on' date='his only 21 and is at a good club for his development in Bremen as has shown by recent players such as Ozil and Diego,give it a couple of years and maybe he will move then but I can't see him moving now.[/quote']

How well did Schalke play ? were there defence rocky or did they have a good game.

Benitez is interested in him ' date=' although if he goes there with Benitez im afraid i will no longer be a fan of Marin cos he will Fail with Benitez.[/quote']

luckily for you the coach doesnt sign players at inter

and etoo and sneijder - a midget version of torres and gerrard, those two were superb tonight, can see milito throwing a few strops in the future because he doesnt get to play (and when he does he will have to do more than goalhang)

How well did Schalke play ? were there defence rocky or did they have a good game.

Metzelder made a few mistakes but I felt Schimtz and Uchida were OK,Benfica created a few good chances but there a good side technically and very quick so I'd expect that to be honest,however Papadopolous(I think that's right!) was fantastic tonight playing alongside Metzelder,he was quick and puts himself into the challenge very well and despite injuring Cardozo his challenge was fantastic and if mistimed he would have been sent off,it was unlucky for Cardozo as it was a tough well timed tackle which can sometimes result in injuries,still he done nothing wrong tonight and he will be pushing for a starting place now as Plestan/Howedes and Metzelder haven't been convincing this season,our attack was much improved from recent games as well,the balance of Matip and Jurado worked well in midfield and that's why I felt we looked a lot better going forward and defensively,Matip was another who had a good solid game in the middle of the park and he can provide good competition for Jones in that DM part of the Diamond Magath likes to play with,Rakitic had a good solid game and seems to have re-established himself as the LM man in the Diamond now too,his nothing sensational put does his job solidly and provides quite a good attacking threat.

The Spanish pair of Raul and Jurado worked quite well together and they had some good moments in the game,Jurado seemed to completely vary in the game from playing a shocking pass or a brilliant one when he had the chance to play a through ball,however with time and if he can get his passing to be more consistent he will be a fantastic acquisition for Schalke as he has all the tools to be a great player but he just needs to use them better,I suppose some match fitness might help with that as well though,Raul still hasn't convinced me as of yet as I still feel he slows the play down when we are going forward which seems to be to the detriment of other forwards we have,still his improving with each game and his pass for Jones was great as the weight of the pass was fantastic and it meant Jones could simply slide it across to Huntelaar to tap home,the two players who I've left to last impressed me most though and that was Farfan and Huntelaar,Farfan hasn't played that well in a Schalke shirt for a while and he done what he done best tonight and that was to just run,our play can become quite slow at times as neither of Huntelaar or Raul or first and his a good outlet for that,he seems to bring a certain dimension to the side that is badly needed and we miss him when his not there to be honest,as for Huntelaar I don't know what to say about this guy,he has been on fire since joining us as his scored in almost every game his played in,he seems to be glad his had a fresh start at Schalke and his enthusiasm seems to have galvanized the side onto this 3 game unbeaten run that were currently enjoying.

Sorry for going on,but I think that sums up individual performances pretty well:).

1st of all i only h8 utd for 2 things

1st: Nani Probably the Biggest Diver in the World

2nd : Macheda is Overated by alot of Utd Fans.

Barca always struggle away to rubin

1. rich coming from a Arsenal fan (pires comes to mind) or are you still sore about Nani tearing your defense apart. So by that reasoning you shouldn't be supposrting Arsenal

2. yes he is but unfortunately he makes an impact whenever he comes on to shut up pesky gunners like you, or you still sore than Arsene Whinger couldn't poach him or is it 'cos you ended up with a 3rd rate italian in Lupoli:confused:

1. rich coming from a Arsenal fan (pires comes to mind) or are you still sore about Nani tearing your defense apart. So by that reasoning you shouldn't be supposrting Arsenal

2. yes he is but unfortunately he makes an impact whenever he comes on to shut up pesky gunners like you' date=' or you still sore than Arsene Whinger couldn't poach him or is it 'cos you ended up with a 3rd rate italian in Lupoli:confused:[/quote']

Do you really think Macheda would make an impact against arsenal???

Mate, shows how much you know about football.

I mean if u said berbatov, okay or rooney. But Macheda????

Something is wrong with u!:P

Do you really think Macheda would make an impact against arsenal???

Mate' date=' shows how much you know about football.

I mean if u said berbatov, okay or rooney. But Macheda????

Something is wrong with u!:P[/quote']

And why would you think he will not make an impact against La Arrse? He has goals against Chelsea, Spurs and Villa so far (all top 6 sides).

IDIOT

Have to agree with Andy :). He is only 19 and can only get better.

Hernandez and Macheda could be the future United strike force. Also well done to Spurs, I thought they would struggle but just now as do really well.

Only disapionting thing from last night was the Rangers victory. Lads if you want to see diving head over to the SPL and watch the Old Firm.

Papadopolous(I think that's right!) was fantastic tonight playing alongside Metzelder

That's what impressed me most - He played so well despite him playing with 3 guys in the defence who didn't have a good night in my opinion. I really hope he can build on from here and show everyone his true talent. He came from such an none-impressive pre-season' date=' and I remember throwing my disappointment towards him. If he can build his confidence from this performance, I have to eat my words! Think of it... He is 18 years old, hasn't been starting a game in the Bundesliga, is new to the country, doesn't speak the same language as Metzelder, Uchida and Schmitz, and is thrown into the heat during the most important game for Schalke so far and is this excellent. I cannot help but to come up with the word impressive.

Matip and Jurado worked well in midfield and that's why I felt we looked a lot better going forward and defensively,Matip was another who had a good solid game in the middle of the park and he can provide good competition for Jones in that DM part of the Diamond Magath likes to play with,Rakitic had a good solid game and seems to have re-established himself as the LM man in the Diamond now too,his nothing sensational put does his job solidly and provides quite a good attacking threat.

Matip has been under all those games he has been playing DM. Now with almost all defenders back from injuries, he will most likely be playing the DM-pivote role alongside Jones. I am really believing in Matip and I'm sure he'll keep up this good form.

Since Magath took back the successful formation from last season, Rakitic has been playing more like a box-to-box-player, rather than a pure DM. Rakitic is too weak for playing as a DM, and with his good workrate and passing-ability, the box-to-box role suits him perfectly. I'm glad Magath too back the diamond midfield instead of playing a 4-3-3 as he did during the first games of this season when all the defensive problems Metzelder possess was easily exploited.

Farfan hasn't played that well in a Schalke shirt for a while and he done what he done best tonight and that was to just run' date='[/quote']

I'm sorry but I have to disagree here. Farfan has been perhaps the best performer this season for us in my opinion, and I don't see why Raul is starting ahead of him when Farfan pre-formation change was the only real performer (bar Neuer perhaps). Magath favours Raul over anything though, and it will take some time for him to understand that Farfan is better.

Btw, Inter smashed Bremen easily. Bremen didn't have anything during the game, and Inter just dominated from the first minute. Eto'o is showing that he still knows what the lies, and I'm happy he does - I knew he hadn't lost the still last season (he was just playing RM/RW). Milito won't certainly have it easy to knick a starting place. It's good to see Rafa playing these youngsters. The Inter youngsters are really good, to be honest. I am just waiting for a certain Nwakwo to get some minutes.

He isn't "bad"' date=' it's just Manchester United have much better young forwards than him namely "Lil Pea", Welbeck and Bebe.

He'd be suited to a West Ham-like club i think.[/quote']

Really? Hernandez, yes I'd agree.

Bebe, unlikely but nobody's seen enough of him

Welbeck, no. There's a reason why Macheda is around the first team and Welbeck has been out on loan to Preston and Sunderland in the past year.

Out of how many games. if hes such a taelnt y is he on the bench for 4/5ths of a game.

Because Rooney, Berbatov and Hernandez are ahead of him? :rolleyes: It says a lot that when they've needed a goal in the past few games, Macheda has been used before Owen.

He's only just 19, you can't really expect him to start every game for a team like Manchester United..

There's a reason why Macheda is around the first team and Welbeck has been out on loan to Preston and Sunderland in the past year.

Probably due to the fact that there was a loan offer for Welbeck and not Macheda.

Any i support Man united so i'm on your "side"' date=' what i mean to say was he'd be suited to a club like West Ham [b']on loan[/b]

He's got a future

Btw' date=' Inter smashed Bremen easily. Bremen didn't have anything during the game, and Inter just dominated from the first minute. Eto'o is showing that he still knows what the lies, and I'm happy he does - I knew he hadn't lost the still last season (he was just playing RM/RW). Milito won't certainly have it easy to knick a starting place. It's good to see Rafa playing these youngsters. The Inter youngsters are really good, to be honest. I am just waiting for a certain [i']Nwakwo[/i] to get some minutes.

think rafa played the youngsters mostly because there werent many other options due to injuries, but he does like coutinho a lot tho and he did some nice touches yesterday

and i can see milito getting very annoyed in the near future too

think rafa played the youngsters mostly because there werent many other options due to injuries' date=' but he does like coutinho a lot tho and he did some nice touches yesterday[/quote']

During the preseason, several youngsters got chances to prove themselves. Obi, Nwakwo, Coutinho and some others got chances. It's good to see this, as Inter (and not so many other Italian clubs) are good at letting younger players getting chances, and eventually they sell them to some Serie B club where they become good players and then they make it as Italian national players via Serie A.

As Rafa seems to like rotation, it's not the last time we'll see those youngsters getting chances.

During the preseason' date=' several youngsters got chances to prove themselves. Obi, Nwakwo, Coutinho and some others got chances. It's good to see this, as Inter (and not so many other Italian clubs) are good at letting younger players getting chances, and eventually they sell them to some Serie B club where they become good players and then they make it as Italian national players via Serie A.[/quote']

think he was kinda forced into that situation - inter made something like £45m profit on transfers this summer and he's probably annoyed that he wasnt able to get masch and kuyt (and i do think both of them wanted to go there) or any other experienced players (their depth upfront and on the wings isnt that great really), but rafa is pretty good at developing players so this should be good for the inter youths

As Rafa seems to like rotation' date=' it's not the last time we'll see those youngsters getting chances.[/quote']

very true that, and as i said earlier he does rave about coutinho so i'd expect to see a lot from him

• 3 weeks later...