UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

He already is' date=' Look at the bottom of his sig :P, Nothing to be happy about considering we had Barca,[/quote']

Nothing to be happy about?

This is our first time ever in the Champions League and we knocked out a club that has won it seven times and kept 2 clean sheets against them with an unfit squad and we scored 3 goals at the San Siro against the holders with 10 men and we beat them at home. Not to mention we topped our group scoring the most goals in the group stages.

I'm sorry but for first timers that is excellent!

My God' date=' that's pathetic.[/quote']

Riferimento: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Well, real is actually a good test for tottenham, Real will leave lots of open spaces due to the typical spanish play, spaces that bale and lennon can use with their speed, it will be a very interesting match, if the Tottenham defence will be flawless, id say Spurs will have a chance.

Wasn't on this thread but i remember a few days ago the topic was arrogant fans(Jack-THFC) and your a perfect example.

You beat a team of oldies and you think you're world beaters.

No, when a team like us get to the quarter finals of the champions league, it is something to brag about. People didn't even expect us to get through the group stages lol

I have learnt from football you should never say never, not happening or anything like that. Anything can happen to be honest even if Real are the clear favourites. You probably thought Inter would ease to the top of their group but there you saw Tottenham top. Remember Barca last year or the year before? Lost at home 2-1 to Rubin Kazan. No-one believed it possible but it happened. Real may be clear favourites but Tottenham have a chance, maybe not a good one but still a chance B)

Wasn't on this thread but i remember a few days ago the topic was arrogant fans(Jack-THFC) and your a perfect example.

You're allowed to be optimistic and support your team, that is not being arrogant. :rolleyes:

Chelsea have never won the Champions League but I think we can with it this season. You calling me arrogant for saying that too?!

What is your problem you seem to be constantly throwing your weight around looking for arguments. Its boring.

How has ANYTHING Jack said been arrogant?

Its optimism' date=' and whether Arsenal played Barcelona or not the fact is Tottenham have progressed further in the competition. They are rivals and have long lived in the shadow of arsenals success, and this season in european competition have progressed further. They can only play what is in front of them, and won. simple. Ofcourse they are going to brag about it ! :rolleyes:

AC Milan are a european giant, flying in Seria A and have proven european pedigree. Couple that with some extremely good SUB 30 players : Ibra, Robinho, Pato, Cassano, Abate, Silva you have a great team so before firing off inaccurate,illogical and argumentative posts ( you tend to do that ) have a think ???

Look up arrogant before calling it someone.

While your there look up optimism.

you could also try and come up with a logical explanation for you claiming Smalling is better than Pique.

EDIT:

Who's top of the league? And when did you last win a trophy?

And you have the nerve to call other people arrogant.

@Jack' date=' with your defense, if you somehow managed to get past Madrid (not happening...) and met Barca, you'd come off a lot worse than 4-3 losers on aggregate.[/quote']

They coped with Ibra, Pato and Robinho so I don't think they'd fare as bad as you seem to believe.

Riferimento: Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

They coped with Ibra' date=' Pato and Robinho so I don't think they'd fare as bad as you seem to believe.[/quote']

Well, if you think that CR7 this season scored more than all those 3 put togheter, id say theres a slight difference between the Millan offensive power and the Real Madrid one.

Lol you would of thought Utd would want a stuttering Chelsea side over teams like Barca' date=' Madrid and Inter who would all be odds on too beat them[/quote']

Agree. A truly clever hater of English football fixed the struggling Chelsea to play against.... Copenhagen! I can imagine Platini laughing his evil laughter "hahaha.. Chelsea has no chance against the Danish giants!"

Seriously, Spurs got a tough luck this round (unlike last round, Milan isn't that tough team any more, I think Inter, with Eto'o and Sneijder, is the only top team in Serie A right now), drawing against Mourinho's team, but Chelsea and ManU have been far from impressive so far and can both count themselves lucky with this draw: at least one of them will play semis now.

On the other side of it, Spurs can be happy to get to play against an exciting team like Real. I mean, it is historically perhaps the biggest club of the world, should leave no one cold. I recall Auxerre manager Fernandez being absolutely delighted when he heard they'll play Real, Milan and Ajax on the group stage, for the obvious reason that these are big, famous clubs that will get everyone excited. it would be too bad to play CL and only ever get to play likes of Panathinaikos, Shaktar and Twente. Not meaning they would be bad teams, particularly Shaktar is good, but they're not the clubs that players have watched when they were kids.

Barcelona actually didn't get the best of draws for them. They beat all the western sides, no matter how tough, but somehow they're always in trouble when they travel to Ukraine or Russia. I recall Shaktar causing them trouble before. I still do believe that Barca will destroy Shaktar though, but I reckon that western football watchers like myself who don't know Shaktar well enough might seriously underrate the teams potential. This time of year climate probably isn't a factor though, so perhaps Shaktar will be easier for Barca than it has been before.

Luckiest team must have been Inter. They're in good form and will play a team that struggles in their domestic league and isn't a regular team in CL quarters. I honestly think Schalke was the easiest team to draw against. Might be wrong, but it seems like that to me. They even just fired their manager, didn't they. Only way I'd see Schalke going through right now was naming Mourinho for their new manager.

Re: Riferimento: Re: UEFA Champions League Discussion thread

Well' date=' if you think that CR7 this season scored more than all those 3 put togheter, id say theres a slight difference between the Millan offensive power and the Real Madrid one.[/quote']

Not to mention the difference of GK's, defenders and midfield, all clearly better in Real, but the most immense difference must still be that between Allegri and Mourinho. Have Spurs ever beaten Mourinho? I think Redknapp at least has always lost against Mourinho, but please, correct me if I'm wrong about this.

• 3 weeks later...

Mourinho said that Tottenham doesnt have a chance versus Madrid,do you guys think that it will be so easy for Real to beat Tottenham?

IMO it will be hard game,especially because Benzema and Ronaldo arent playing,at least I heard that,and I think that Adebayor cant play so good like Benzema.

Mourinho said that Tottenham doesnt have a chance versus Madrid' date='do you guys think that it will be so easy for Real to beat Tottenham?

IMO it will be hard game,especially because [b']Benzema and Ronaldo arent playing[/b],at least I heard that,and I think that Adebayor cant play so good like Benzema.

Add Marcelo to that list. That's 3 of Madrid's most influential players out.

However Higgy's back, so It will be interesting.

Yesterday's game proved just how worse Madrid are without Ronaldo

Mourinho said that Tottenham doesnt have a chance versus Madrid' date='do you guys think that it will be so easy for Real to beat Tottenham?

IMO it will be hard game,especially because Benzema and Ronaldo arent playing,at least I heard that,and I think that Adebayor cant play so good like Benzema.[/quote']

Spurs will beat Real Madrid, then they will be alllike " We are amazing and can beat anyone ", Real have the best players out so should be an easy run out for spurs.

Spurs will beat Real Madrid' date=' then they will be alllike " We are amazing and can beat anyone ", Real have the best players out so should be an easy run out for spurs.[/quote']

Indeed. Madrid are pants without Cronaldo. Shame Arsenal didn't get them in the second round, rather then Barca.

Add Marcelo to that list. That's 3 of Madrid's most influential players out.

However Higgy's back' date=' so It will be interesting.

Yesterday's game proved just how worse Madrid are without Ronaldo[/quote']

Actually it showed how bad they're without Marcelo and Benzema. Ronaldo was away before this season and Real did just fine with Benzema scoring for fun. Not saying Ronaldo's absence wouldn't hurt Real, but they would still do without him, it's when they lack both Ronaldo and Benzema, and have Higuain only half-fit that they don't have any attack.

I still have hard time to believe Mourinho wouldn't advance to semis, but with such an injury list it becomes all the time more believable. I guess Real will be defending 0-0 back home and Spurs try to do the same thing in London, which makes this the most boring match up of the quarters.